PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > LEGO Indiana Jones
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-07-2008, 10:11 PM   #1
Darktower

Darkconda's Gamercard
Disarm 100 enemies with the whip

Anyone else finding this achievement a pain in the ass?

I can't believe what you did! 20
Disarm 100 enemies with the whip.

Thanks to sinsix for the Sig!

Darktower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 10:13 PM   #2
ToyzNTheHood

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Not really, I have the other 2 whip ones but i've only done like 24 dis arms.
ToyzNTheHood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 10:17 PM   #3
Darktower

Darkconda's Gamercard
this the only achievement i have left to get and its pissing me off

Thanks to sinsix for the Sig!

Darktower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 12:29 AM   #4
Stienfeast9

Stienfeast9's Gamercard
I did this like crazy last night, and then I finally got tired of it. Did it three times this morning and got the achievement. Crazy how you quit right before you would probably get it.

Stienfeast9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 04:45 AM   #5
jdubya93

Kill Mechanism's Gamercard
I did this one outside the burning bar on 'Into the Mountains. I used a second controller to push my AI parter out of the way,putting him over near the doorway of the bar and kept whipping the 4 guys that keep respawning down the alley through the snow piles just left of the burning bar. I would whip and take the gun... turn around and fire away from the guys until the gun was empty then kill the disarmed guy and repeat on the next armed guy. I also used the Invincibility parcel for this.

100% Retail: Call Of Duty 2, Lego Indiana Jones, Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga, CSI: Hard Evidence, Avatar:TBE, NBA 2k6, TMNT, Tetris Evolution, Bully: Scholarship Edition
100% Arcade: Puzzle Quest, Jewel Quest

jdubya93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 04:57 AM   #6
chasedabigbase

Chasedabigbase's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubya93 View Post
I did this one outside the burning bar on 'Into the Mountains. I used a second controller to push my AI parter out of the way,putting him over near the doorway of the bar and kept whipping the 4 guys that keep respawning down the alley through the snow piles just left of the burning bar. I would whip and take the gun... turn around and fire away from the guys until the gun was empty then kill the disarmed guy and repeat on the next armed guy. I also used the Invincibility parcel for this.
inside the bar's good for It breaks The Heart too...and Lego Alcholic Beverages (L.A.B.)

Assassin's Creed (1000/1000), Condemned (970/970), Fallout (1450/1550) M.Z. soon, Gun (1000/1000), Lego Indiana Jones (1000/1000), Silent Hill; Homecoming (1000/1000), Tomb Raider; Legend (1000/1250)

100% Arcade

Monkey Island (200), Wallace & Gromit; Fright of the Bumblebees (200)
chasedabigbase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 10:57 AM   #7
emmaDOOM

Send a message via MSN to emmaDOOM

emmaDOOM's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
it's probably better to do this on 'city of danger' (raiders) that way, if you have build-its and repair abilities left to do (aswell as accessing enemy controlled areas you can do it all in one on this level relatively quick...just keep quitting and saving that's how i got it
emmaDOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 06:59 PM   #8
mailmanchris

MailmanChris's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Cannot Disarm

This has to be the single most frustrating achievement in the game. I'm 49/50 and 980/1000. I cannot get this one to work. I tried the above suggestions but for some reason I can't disarm. It just whips em and they fall apart. (btw, i only have invincibility turned on and I even tried w/o that too!)

Oh well. Have the rental for another day. I'll check back here to see if someone has any other suggestions. Otherwise, 980 it is....

Last edited by mailmanchris; 06-08-2008 at 07:00 PM. Reason: sp
mailmanchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 07:37 PM   #9
Link2430

Saulbak's Gamercard
This was my last achievement as well. I picked the very last level on the Last Crusade to get it. At the very beginning guys will infinitely spawn out of the trucks as long as you don't knock the stick out that is holding up the door.

It is best to have another controller to get the AI character out of the way because they just go punching everybody stunning them. All I did was push forward and B to disarm the enemy. It didn't work every time, but most of the time it did. I would turn around and shoot out the bullets from the gun to empty. Rinse and repeat.

I did use the Invincibility parcel for this, as well as Disarm enemies. That way you don't get hurt and they don't shoot. Although it doesn't really matter, it just makes things less confusing. It takes a good while so keep at it. Hope that helps.
Link2430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 08:20 PM   #10
mailmanchris

MailmanChris's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Got it. I chose Motorcycle Escape since the guards all have guns and infinitely respawn until the gated are opened. I did the trick with the 2nd controller.

I think the best way to get this is to stand level with the enemy you are going for. If you are higher or lower than them, it seems to wrap the whip around their feet and pull them over.

It took awhile so I had my kid use the 2nd controller. Once I got it, I dropped out and had him save and exit. It gave him the 240g for the top 5 big (100%) achievements.

Worth his time to just sit there I guess.

1000/1000 = w00t!
mailmanchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 01:08 AM   #11
fraser

I just got this in Last Crusade: Temple of the Grail the very first area. Being the programmer that I am I figured the count is based on the number of times a gun is picked up by the whip, it doesn't matter if it is out of a characters hand or off of the ground. So let me know if this theory works for you. It seemed to work but I couldn't tell what my last action was because the camera was far away from Indy. I can say with confidence I probably only took the gun out of a characters hand about 15 times. The other 35 times the camera was too far away or I couldn't tell for sure.
Oh yeah it took me about 25 minutes of whipping. I fired a a total of 3 bullets, so don't worry about getting the gun and emptying it, just get another gun to replace the one you've got and the old one will drop to the ground and disappear.
fraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:30 AM   #12
Jedi Kayben

Jedi Kayben's Gamercard
Help i just cant do this about 90% og the time i just trip them up, at this rate its gonna take forever, any tips?

Edit nevermind i just got it, turned out swords are a hell of a lot easier to disarm, well for me anyway, with them i could do it almost everytime so i just played the first bit of city of danger a few times. Thank god thats done!!!

Last edited by Jedi Kayben; 06-09-2008 at 11:10 AM.
Jedi Kayben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 03:16 PM   #13
Drewc11879

Drewc11879's Gamercard
Yeah definitely disarming the swords is at least for me a hell of a lot easier. Thanks for the info on that.
Drewc11879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 04:53 PM   #14
007craft

O07craft's Gamercard
the trick is you need to be holding forward (running forward) as your wipping. Doing this will get you a disarm 100% of the time. If your standing still or stop to whip, you only disarm 10% of the time. If you goto motorcycle city, and reach the open area witht he postbox, 4 enemies keep coming and 3 more come out of some hut which you can keep opening. Have disarm enemies on and you can get 150 disarms in under 5 minutes.

Hardest achievemnt in the game for me was that access 50 areas one. I had to redo motorcylce city like 20 times and that took and hour+
007craft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 05:32 PM   #15
squid5580

thanx4tehfish's Gamercard
Since I had the achievement before I found the cheat I am wondering if the disarm cheat would help?

squid5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 06:51 PM   #16
Geeluc

Geeluc's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
The disarm cheat is so they don't shoot at you, they still have the guns.

I did what 007craft said...I had invincibility and disarm on and it took about 5 mins.
Geeluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:36 AM   #17
discord

baylorcatholic's Gamercard
for the 50 enemies area try the ancient city or the submarine level

the enemy areas are right there and you dont have to kill anyone or solve any puzzles to get there

i agree that this one is the hardest of them all

there is no place to just go in and out of enemy areas

all the others have levels that you can play once or get a bunch very quickly

discord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 04:02 PM   #18
cdrocks

iTz x RequieM's Gamercard
Haha i have same probelm 49 / 50 980 grrr dam you lego games
cdrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:53 AM   #19
Benty666

Benty666's Gamercard
Do you have to drain the enemies gun for it to count as a disarm?

Thanks
Benty666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:23 PM   #20
Paid In Full707

R00R 18MM's Gamercard
This isn't a thread about accessing enemy controlled areas

With all do respect this isnt a thread about accessing enemy controlled areas or is it a thread about builld its repair abilities. This is a thread about how to disarm 100 enemies. This thread is labeled "Disarm 100 enemies with the whip".
not "build its repair or accessing enemy controlled areas. go post that somewhere else. thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaDOOM View Post
it's probably better to do this on 'city of danger' (raiders) that way, if you have build-its and repair abilities left to do (aswell as accessing enemy controlled areas you can do it all in one on this level relatively quick...just keep quitting and saving that's how i got it

Last edited by Paid In Full707; 10-23-2008 at 08:48 PM.
Paid In Full707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:47 PM   #21
Paid In Full707

R00R 18MM's Gamercard
Thank you much!!!

This is probably the best way to unlock this achievement. Thanks to 007 Craft for telling us. This was my last achievement and was have trouble with it. after I used this method it unlocked in 5 minutes. 1000/1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007craft View Post
the trick is you need to be holding forward (running forward) as your wipping. Doing this will get you a disarm 100% of the time. If your standing still or stop to whip, you only disarm 10% of the time. If you goto motorcycle city, and reach the open area witht he postbox, 4 enemies keep coming and 3 more come out of some hut which you can keep opening. Have disarm enemies on and you can get 150 disarms in under 5 minutes.

Hardest achievemnt in the game for me was that access 50 areas one. I had to redo motorcylce city like 20 times and that took and hour+

Paid In Full707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 09:09 PM   #22
New Venari

New Venari's Gamercard
Does it count if you whip them, causing them to spin and drop the weapon? Or do i have to snap it back to my hand?
New Venari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:07 PM   #23
SWAGGART
Banned User

ZIGGYTR0N's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Do this ach, in indys office dont try and take a gun, wait for the sword carrying characters, get close and whip the sword into your hands it has to be in your hands and the best bit about doin it here is they dont attack back, Great times
SWAGGART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:40 PM   #24
D_J_3

buttoon's Gamercard
Thumbs up

Swaggart was spot on with this 1...

Anyone having problems should go to indys office which is 2nd door on the right in corridor and whip the guy with the sword then stand next to the door and wait for him to come in again. Rinse and repeat, i had about 90 to get and did it in a matter of minutes.
D_J_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 02:13 AM   #25
Sheeple

TehSheeple's Gamercard
How are you guys able to tell exactly how many disarms you have? Achievements section for me just pops up the out-of-game achievement page and doesn't show exact info
Sheeple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:26 AM   #26
Z58LJ2e91018GXn

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehsheeple View Post
How are you guys able to tell exactly how many disarms you have?
There isn't a stats screen that shows this. I got the disarm achievement in the course of playing the game. I must have been more whip-happy than some of the other posters

For Goodbye in Germany and the Mechanic ones I had to grind. I kept count as I ground for them and needed 27 for the former and 7 for the latter.
Z58LJ2e91018GXn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:02 AM   #27
CRNBRD

CRNBRD's Gamercard
Forward and B

Walking forward (or towards your target) and pressing B is by far the best way to do it. Thanks to all who contributed here, this made a time consuming achievement really easy.

-CRNBRD
CRNBRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 02:46 PM   #28
STONE DEVIL

STONE DEVIL's Gamercard
This one is a pain in the ass

STONE DEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 02:48 PM   #29
STONE DEVIL

STONE DEVIL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_J_3 View Post
Swaggart was spot on with this 1...

Anyone having problems should go to indys office which is 2nd door on the right in corridor and whip the guy with the sword then stand next to the door and wait for him to come in again. Rinse and repeat, i had about 90 to get and did it in a matter of minutes.
I'll give this way a shot, thanks

STONE DEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:43 PM   #30
Keywork Groover

Keywork Groover's Gamercard
Hey guys. A much better tip for you here. Create a custom character. He should have the whip as a default weapon. (I gave him the book as his item, since it's not a weapon) He won't do any of Indy's fancy tricks - He'll only disarm people! I went to the City of Danger and was disarming swords every time - no exaturation! .

5 minutes later - Achivement. Try it.

I'm Retired...

...For Now.
Keywork Groover is offline   Reply With Quote