Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Just Cause
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-08-2008, 04:51 AM   #1
Khaos

Send a message via MSN to Khaos

Reverend Khaos's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Platinum   Gamerscore League Season 7 Winner   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamerscore League Season 5 Winner   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
New Achievement Guide

10 Side Missions Completed 5
Complete 10 Side Missions
See “50 Side Missions Completed” for details

Freedom Fighter 25
Liberate 11 Provinces In San Esperito
See “Saviour of San Esperito” for details

Mission 7 Completion25
Complete Story Mission 7
Complete the mission "Some Like it Hotter." See this link for a helpful walkthrough of the mission:
http://guides.gamepressure.com/justcause/guide.asp?ID=1408

**Note, this achievement should unlock after completing the mission. At times, it may not unlock right away, but should as soon as you begin the next mission.

Mission 14 Completion50
Complete Story Mission 14
Complete the mission "Guadalicano Choo Choo." See this link for a helpful walkthrough of the mission:
http://guides.gamepressure.com/justcause/guide.asp?ID=1415

**Note, this achievement should unlock after completing the mission. At times, it may not unlock right away, but should as soon as you begin the next mission.

All Story Missions Completed125
Complete All Story Missions
Complete the three parts of the mission "Taking Out the Garbage." See these links for the walkthroughs of the missions:
http://guides.gamepressure.com/justcause/guide.asp?ID=1420
http://guides.gamepressure.com/justcause/guide.asp?ID=1421
http://guides.gamepressure.com/justcause/guide.asp?ID=1422

Protector of the People50
Liberate 22 Provinces In San Esperito
See “Saviour of San Esperito” for details

Saviour of San Esperito75
Liberate Every Province In San Esperito
Scattered around the country you sill see light blue house icons with a green exclamation icon nearby. This shows the settlement is currently occupied by the government, and in need of liberation. This set of achievements depends on the liberation of the provinces, not the settlement. Some provinces only have 1 settlement, some have 3 or so. Liberate all needed settlements to free the province. By pressing and going to the political map, you can see how close to liberation the province is by seeing how full the green bar is.

In order to begin your liberation go to the green marker to see your guerrilla contact. He will be a happy looking gentleman waving at you surrounded by large amounts of ammunition. Go up to him and press to begin the liberation of the settlement.

There will be two different types of ways to liberate a settlement, depending on the size of the settlement you are liberating. Smaller rural towns and government bases will all follow the same pattern. First eliminate enemy soldiers. After a sufficient amount have been eliminated, you will be directed to destroy the enemy barricade, which will be shown on your map by the red marker. This can be destroyed by a single rocket, or by two grenades. After the first barricade is eliminated, continue to kill troops until prompted to destroy the second barricade. The same pattern continues until all 3 barricades have been destroyed. Once the third falls, you will be prompted to take down the enemy flag. Walk up to the flag, and press to switch flags, and this will complete the liberation as a victory for the rebels. As you progress through the liberation, you will see a bar on your screen with green on one side to blue on the other. This bar shows the progress of your liberation. As you get closer to green, your victory becomes closer.

The second type of liberation only occurs in larger urban cities. There you will have just an open war against government troops. In this type of conflict, the progress bar will be very important, because it will be your only means of knowing how you are doing. As soon as the progress bar is all the way to the green side, you will be prompted to switch flags. Follow the red marker on you map, and press to claim your victory.

15 Takeover Missions Completed25
Complete 15 Takeover Missions
See “45 Takeover Missions Completed” for details

30 Takeover Missions Completed50
Complete 30 Takeover Missions
See “45 Takeover Missions Completed” for details

45 Takeover Missions Completed75
Complete 45 Takeover Missions
This is the drug cartel equivalent of the guerrilla liberation achievements. Scattered around the map you will see purple icons with a yellow exclamation mark nearby. This is a cartel settlement that needs to be taken over. The form of the takeover will be the same as the form of a liberation for a small town, with the three sets of barricades, except now instead of changing flags, you need to kill the subtiente.

If you unlocked the Jackson Skreemer or Chimera military helicopters, your job will be very easy. Take the helicopter, and land near the takeover contact outside of the settlement. Get out and run up to him, and press to begin the takeover. Run back to you helicopter and take off. Begin firing rockets at anything that will move by pressing . These two type of helicopters are equipped with rockets, so if you aren't firing them, press to cycle through your weapons.

The game should automatically acquire targets for you that are noted by a white circle. This will work to your advantage, because it will automatically target the cartel troops. When you get the message to go after the barricades, there are usually troops hiding behind it, so rocketing them will blow up the barricade as well. If the barricade is alone, you also have a targeting cross hairs, and just aim for the red target on your map, which will have a flashing red arrow on the actual screen. After all three barricades are taken out, you will be given the order to eliminate the subtiente. He will appear usually on the 2nd floor balcony of the mansion. After shooting a rocket at him, the takeover will be a success; you will never even need to get out of your chopper. Then fly on to the next purple marker, and restart the process again.

While this strategy works very well for the cartel takeover missions, it fails for the government liberation missions, because the government troops are equipped with rocket launchers and will shoot you out of the sky, so if you try this tactic on those missions, take great care to not get shot down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreckon Dracgon
Khaos you are an evil genius.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruhmann360 View Post
and remember, the more beautiful and pure something is, the more satisfying it is to corrupt it.

Khaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 04:51 AM   #2
Khaos

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Platinum   Gamerscore League Season 7 Winner   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamerscore League Season 5 Winner   Submit - Gold
Salt Refinery... Yeah Right5
Complete Collect Mission 1
See “All Collect Missions Completed”

Back-Door Action5
Complete Collect Mission 2

I Want a Super-Potent Weapon5
Complete Collect Mission 3

I've Got the Blueprints, Man5
Complete Collect Mission 4

I Want My Intel Back5
Complete Collect Mission 5

Red Eyes5
Complete Collect Mission 6

We Have Ways of Making You Talk5
Complete Collect Mission 7

Rico the Beach Comber5
Complete Collect Mission 8

Staying Power5
Complete Collect Mission 9

The Cleavage5
Complete Collect Mission 10

Slippery When Wet5
Complete Collect Mission 11

New Kind of Kick 5
Complete Collect Mission 12

White Beaches 5
Complete Collect Mission 13

All Race Missions Completed 15
Complete Every Race Mission
Scattered around the map of San Espirito you will see racing flag icons. At each icon, you will find a person with an arrow above their head. Go up to them, and press to begin their race. Take your vehicle, and go to the starting line marked by the red marker on the map. When the race begins, you will be given a set amount of seconds to reach the next checkpoint. When you arrive, you will be given more time, and you need to travel to the next checkpoint. Continue on until you reach the finish. Once all 9 races have been completed (see "Champion of Race" 1-9), this achievement will unlock.
See this map for locations of all races:

All Collect Missions Completed 45
Complete Every Collect Mission
Scattered around on the map are blue icons, showing where items have been dropped. The easiest way is to wait until into the story, when you unlock the ability to have the gyrocopter available as a heavy drop. Then just run around collecting all the packages. As well as contributing to the collection achievements, they will also improve your relation with the guerrillas and the drug cartel.

**Note** If anyone playing this would care to document which dots correspond to which collect missions, it would be greatly appreciated so we can get a map made. Please post in the forums with any contributions.

20 Side Missions Completed 10
Complete 20 Side Missions
See “50 Side Missions Completed” for more details

30 Side Missions Completed 15
Complete 30 Side Missions

40 Side Missions Completed 20
Complete 40 Side Missions

Quote:
Quote:
and remember, the more beautiful and pure something is, the more satisfying it is to corrupt it.

Old 06-08-2008, 04:53 AM   #3
Khaos

50 Side Missions Completed 25
Complete 50 Side Missions
After liberating a settlement, your guerrilla contact (green exclamation point) moves from outside of town, to standing next to the flag that you raised. When you walk up to him, press to begin his side mission. Each contact has an infinite amount of side missions, so it is possible to do all 50 from a single settlement.

One of the quickest ways to accomplish this quickly is to liberate the Island Defense HQ (the government base on top of the hill on the far southwest island). This contact works the best because none of his missions will actually have you leave the island, so you won't have to travel very far. So get a hold of a Chimera, a Skreemer, or some other fighting helicopter and travel to this contact. Land right next to the flag, get out, begin your mission, fly to the target, retrieve/kill/destroy your target, and fly back to the base. Do this 50 times to complete this set of achievements.

Completing missions for this contact will also improve your relations with the guerrillas, which will move you 1,500 points closer (50 missions x 30 points each) to getting the Chimera to appear at your safe houses.

Champion Of Race 1 5
Complete Race 1
See “All Race Missions Completed” for more details

Champion Of Race 2 5
Complete Race 2

Champion Of Race 3 5
Complete Race 3

Champion Of Race 4 5
Complete Race 4

Champion Of Race 5 5
Complete Race 5

Champion Of Race 6 5
Complete Race 6

Champion Of Race 7 5
Complete Race 7

Champion Of Race 8 5
Complete Race 8

Champion Of Race 9 5
Complete Race 9

100 Kills 10
Kill 100 Enemies
See “500 Kills” for more details

250 Kills 20
Kill 250 Enemies
See “500 Kills” for more details

500 Kills 50
Kill 500 Enemies
You’ll get this through normal progression of the game. These will probably one of the first achievements you’ll get, as you will be killing an obscene amount of enemies, both through normal missions, as well as through liberation and takeover missions.

Most Wanted 1 Min 10
Survive For 1 Minute With Maximum Wanted Level
See “Most Wanted 5 Mins” for more details

Most Wanted 2 Mins 25
Survive For 2 Minutes With Maximum Wanted Level
See “Most Wanted 5 Mins” for more details

Most Wanted 5 Mins50
Survive For 5 Minutes With Maximum Wanted Level
You’ll want to kill a whole bunch of people/police/government troops to get to level 5 wanted level. Once you’ve done that, just sit in a safe area. The best place is to find a valley with a bridge going across, and going down into the valley and hiding under the bridge. Down there will protect you from cars, and the bridge should shield you from helicopters. If any law enforcement do make it down to you, dispose of them in any fashion you feel most comfortable with until all 5 minutes have passed.

20 Land Vehicle Stunts10
Complete 20 Land Vehicle Stunts
This achievement involves you coming from the air and flying to a moving car. An easy way to obtain this is to enter a vehicle, and when you have a bit of speed going, get in the stunt position by pressing . Then press again to jump up into your parachute. Once in the air, when you see the option on your screen to "Jump to Vehicle," press again to fly to the car. Repeat this another 19 times for the achievement to unlock.

20 Sea Vehicle Stunts10
Complete 20 Sea Vehicle Stunts
Follow the steps outlined in "20 Land Vehicle Stunts," but do it with a boat instead.

20 Air Vehicle Stunts10
Complete 20 Air Vehicle Stunts
The air vehicle stunts can be done slightly different than the Land and Sea vehicles, because you are already in the air. Get yourself a helicopter, and get into the air. When up in the air, press to get in the stunt position. While holding onto the back of the helicopter, press to leave the vehicle complete, which will cause you to let go. Immediately press to grab back onto the vehicle. Repeat another 19 times for the achievement to unlock.

All Stunts Completed50
Complete All Stunts
Once the three other stunt achievements have been unlocked, this will unlock automatically. See "20 Land Vehicle Stunts," "20 Sea Vehicle Stunts," and "20 Air Vehicle Stunts" for details.

20 Car-To-Car Stunts5
Complete 20 Car-To-Car Jumps
Get two cars, and park them right next to each other. Get into one vehicle, and press to get in the stunt position. You should now have the option to press to "Jump to Vehicle." Do that and you should jump to the next car. If you press again, you should jump back. Keep jumping back and forth until the achievement unlocks.

Base Jump 1000 Meters5
Base Jump From 1000 Meters Or Higher
You have to go the eagles nest safe house for this achievement:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-11-2008, 01:57 PM   #4
checkahh

Nice Guide Khaos, i might be picking up this game today, so thanks
checkahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 05:50 PM   #5
Slipknot fan

ixxslipknotxxi's Gamercard
Great guide. Im almost done, i got the last 3 part mission, The liberating and 8 races.
Slipknot fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 08:06 PM   #6
ToxicVampire

ToxicVampire's Gamercard
I think I'll start playing this game again. I bought it for $10 for a game to play when I was bored with everything else. Never beat it since I found other games to play, but now I'm down to just UT3 and SC4 while I wait for Too Human.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:49 AM   #7
vulkean

vulkean's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Having got the full 1000 for this game without a guide, I can safely say this one is great. (I wish I had it when trying to get the Base Jump achievement ).

Good job man!
Old 09-25-2008, 04:42 AM   #8
IXI Icetray IXI

Send a message via MSN to IXI Icetray IXI

dusty cheddars's Gamercard
Nice Guide! I'll be picking up the game tomorrow and I will definatly be using this guide!
IXI Icetray IXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 04:45 AM   #9
CrazyInsomniac

Send a message via MSN to CrazyInsomniac

Garrett Whitley's Gamercard
Great guide, this game is a lot of fun, in all honesty I like it more than GTA hehe, I can hear the flaming comments coming a mile away.
CrazyInsomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:55 AM   #10
M4573RxB0x

Send a message via AIM to M4573RxB0x

M4573RxB0x's Gamercard
Thumbs up

Nice guide.
I wish I used it when I had the game.
M4573RxB0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 06:12 AM   #11
Piccolo549

Send a message via AIM to Piccolo549

PiccoloxxReborn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
thanks for the guide definatly will help
Old 02-05-2009, 01:06 PM   #12
IndeedFailure

IndeedFailure's Gamercard
Great game! It really is better then Gta in every way!

I need help with the collect missions..

I only need to find 1 more.. and i cant find it.. i se it on the map but i cant find it..

Its the mission "I Want a Super-Potent Weapon" On the mountains in some factory?!..

Pls help me out... thx in advance
IndeedFailure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:21 AM   #13
thefonz1986

thefonz1986's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndeedFailure View Post
Great game! It really is better then Gta in every way!

I need help with the collect missions..

I only need to find 1 more.. and i cant find it.. i se it on the map but i cant find it..

Its the mission "I Want a Super-Potent Weapon" On the mountains in some factory?!..

Pls help me out... thx in advance
i know the one that you are talking about...you need a helicopter and to scour the smokestacks of the factory because BAD NEWS its ALL the way up there.......however to get close to the smokestack in a helicopter and then try to disembark on the correct smokestack....quick ways are to go to the safehouses with helicopters and then go out there or try to get to the factory in a car or something and then try calling a heavy drop of a gyrocopter...but there is literally no way to help you in bringing it down....i got frustrated with that one and a few others also......so i feel your pain when you have this problem because i was there too trying to find all these pick ups.

Completed Games
Retail: Need For Speed: Most Wanted, Madden NFL 06, Fable II (+1 dlc), The Godfather (885)
Arcade: A Kingdom For Keflings
Boosting
Nothing as of yet due to RRoD...
Working On:
Gears of War (990/1250)
Too Human 915/1000

Broke 20,000 GS: 4/6/09
1,000th achievement: Blood of Heralds (Too Human) 10G
thefonz1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 03:31 PM   #14
randomluke69

random luke 69's Gamercard
the wanted level achievements wont unlock,been at 5 wanted for 10 mins and nothing
randomluke69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 02:34 AM   #15
Blood DM

Blood DM's Gamercard
Nice guide.

Really gave me some good tips along the way
Just about to do the 50 side missions then im done pretty much.

It would be good if you could add in the guide for race number 7.

Also mentioning you can use a chopper in every race which makes them all a lot quicker and easier
Blood DM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:29 AM   #16
XxBlueSpade2xX

exoroughneck's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I picked this game up for 7.99 at Gamestop. How long does it take to get the 1k?
Old 02-15-2010, 01:54 PM   #17
drumjunkie15

drumjunkie15's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxBlueSpade2xX View Post
I picked this game up for 7.99 at Gamestop. How long does it take to get the 1k?
Well it looks like a few weeks with hours each day. I got it for that much as well.
drumjunkie15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 04:13 PM   #18
ToxicVampire

ToxicVampire's Gamercard
The government takeover missions in this game make me want to punch a baby. Non stop tanks come after you.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:28 PM   #19
drumjunkie15

drumjunkie15's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicVampire View Post
The government takeover missions in this game make me want to punch a baby. Non stop tanks come after you.
Yeah I've only played for a few hours and it's already frustrating. I'm also stuck on the mission where you destroy the coco plants. Any suggestions?
Old 02-21-2010, 03:01 AM   #20
drumjunkie15

drumjunkie15's Gamercard
Any tips for getting shot at with rockets on government liberations?
Old 03-05-2010, 07:01 PM   #21
Aki2403

aki2403's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
I'm going to try and remember to update this each time I complete a collect mission.
When I've done them all I might even get a map together.

Salt Refinery... Yeah Right5
Complete Collect Mission 1
Collect all of the coca packages "hidden" in the salt refinery found on the small island to the North-West of Agency #01. (10 Total)

Back-Door Action5
Complete Collect Mission 2
Collect all of the Brief-cases in the market town near the Guerrilla #02. (5 Total)

I Want a Super-Potent Weapon5
Complete Collect Mission 3

I've Got the Blueprints, Man5
Complete Collect Mission 4

I Want My Intel Back5
Complete Collect Mission 5

Red Eyes5
Complete Collect Mission 6

We Have Ways of Making You Talk5
Complete Collect Mission 7

Rico the Beach Comber5
Complete Collect Mission 8

Staying Power5
Complete Collect Mission 9

The Cleavage5
Complete Collect Mission 10

Slippery When Wet5
Complete Collect Mission 11

New Kind of Kick 5
Complete Collect Mission 12

White Beaches 5
Complete Collect Mission 13

Last edited by Aki2403; 03-07-2010 at 08:16 PM.
Aki2403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 07:24 PM   #22
jasonisco0l

jasonisco0l's Gamercard
i dont know if you could say this is better then gta but this game is pretty sick. nothing will ever beat gta 3 to me
jasonisco0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 01:15 AM   #23
Lord Kenth

San andreas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonisco0l View Post
i dont know if you could say this is better then gta but this game is pretty sick. nothing will ever beat gta 3 to me
GTA San Andreas is better then gta 3
Lord Kenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:15 AM   #24
guillermo316

Fantasychampion's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
do a roadmap?

ScOoP!

guillermo316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:05 AM   #25
ozgoon56

Ozgoon56's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by guillermo316 View Post
do a roadmap?
Doesn't really need a roadmap because the game world is completely open and you can do most things in any order. The only exception is the agency missions have to be done in order, and each agency mission will destabilize some provinces which can then be taken over.
ozgoon56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:35 PM   #26
bluefunkydude89

bluefunkydude89's Gamercard
good work , thanks for the guide
bluefunkydude89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:04 AM   #27
BigTimmyJim

DJsnachBlaster's Gamercard
thanks for the work on the guide
BigTimmyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:05 AM   #28
BigTimmyJim

DJsnachBlaster's Gamercard
and gta3 is way better than this game.
BigTimmyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 05:21 PM   #29
gromitSWE

GromitSWEA's Gamercard
Nice guide.

Third to complete Plants vs Zobies on x360a!!

Contact Details:
PSN: Gromit-SWE
Steam: GromitSWE
Youtube: gromitSWE
gromitSWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 08:20 PM   #30
SnakeIntheboX

Snake Inthe boX's Gamercard
Thanks for taking the time this guide was helpful.
SnakeIntheboX is offline   Reply With Quote