PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Ninja Gaiden 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-28-2008, 08:44 PM   #61
Foxhound300

Foxhound300's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
every boss is easy on warrior dude. What would you call a 10/10 then?

It strains the mind a bit don'it? You think you're all alone... maybe I come down the chimney, bring presents to the good girls and boys. Maybe not, though. Maybe I've always been here.

thanks madcap1
Foxhound300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:53 PM   #62
demonic zebra

demonic zebra's Gamercard
finally one place to look for everything on this game ^^

i've been looking through google and this is the first COMPLETE guide i found

great work guys
demonic zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 03:43 AM   #63
Lordvader178

The Green Robin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Thanks buddy, like to help.
Lordvader178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 03:21 AM   #64
k1lls1gn

k1lls1gn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts
i just have a quick question about the feat of ultimate destruction achievement..i just want to know if the UT's have to be fully charged in order to get this achievement...meaning do u have to be glowing red before you release y...or can you be glowing blue and those UT's still count towards the achievement...because im on acolyte right now and im killing everything with just UT's and most of them have not been fully charged...and im on chapter 7 right now and killed alot of enemys and i dont have the achievement yet...does anybody know?
Old 10-12-2008, 04:25 AM   #65
Foxhound300

Foxhound300's Gamercard

first of all: search function: use it.

secondly: yes it can be blue, and it takes a LONG time to get it. i had to go through 3ish play throughs before i got mine.

It strains the mind a bit don'it? You think you're all alone... maybe I come down the chimney, bring presents to the good girls and boys. Maybe not, though. Maybe I've always been here.

thanks madcap1
Old 10-12-2008, 06:51 AM   #66
k1lls1gn

k1lls1gn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts
3 play throughs? wow...well im on my 2nd one right now, thx for the help though
Old 10-12-2008, 11:23 AM   #67
MAXIBHOY

Send a message via MSN to MAXIBHOY

Thanks mate great guide !!

Something a Hun Will Never Do
MAXIBHOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:34 AM   #68
N00B EATA

N00B EATA's Gamercard
oops never mind
N00B EATA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 06:59 PM   #69
ZeebDweeb

Zeebster2021's Gamercard
just got this game, definitely excited! ninjas rule! and this guide will be extremely helpful. Props to you two!
ZeebDweeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 07:55 PM   #70
lildicedan

i was just wondering.... the achievements were your only allowed to use one weapon throughout the hole game... can u still use the shurikens and bow/arrows etc n still get the achievments?
lildicedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:46 PM   #71
jcvaleron

GUARDIAN D3VIL's Gamercard
yes you can still use shurikens and bow/arrows
jcvaleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 04:56 PM   #72
Travman

IVanquishSouls's Gamercard
So you have to beat the entire game with one type of weapon to get the weapons achievement? I would appreciate reply. Thanks
Travman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 05:58 PM   #73
Andrew x360a
Guide Team

Andrew x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Guide Team   Staff Club - DEG23   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Subscriber - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travman View Post
So you have to beat the entire game with one type of weapon to get the weapons achievement? I would appreciate reply. Thanks
You don't need a reply. All you have to do is read through the thread. Yes, to get the achievement for a particular weapon. You have to play through the entire game using only that weapon, ranged weapons, and ninpo. If you use any other melee weapon, the achievement will not unlock.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:14 PM   #74
Yemeth

YEME7H's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Silver   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
This guide seriously needs completing and updating...

No strategy available for test of valor 5, and NOTHING useful about the 10/10 difficulty Uber Mech dinosaur mech hybrid. Just my luck that those 2 pieces of info are preventing me doing test of valor 5.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:50 PM   #75
Devolon

FKT DEVOLON's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yemeth View Post
This guide seriously needs completing and updating...

No strategy available for test of valor 5, and NOTHING useful about the 10/10 difficulty Uber Mech dinosaur mech hybrid. Just my luck that those 2 pieces of info are preventing me doing test of valor 5.
About the biggest mechs: use tonfas. xxyyy deals serious damage and often breaks an arm (or the head), and UT lvl1 is an instant kill (battle-tested on mentor). If you don't have them yet, I think the tonfas are in the room right after test of valor 5.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:10 PM   #76
Yemeth

YEME7H's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devolon View Post
About the biggest mechs: use tonfas. xxyyy deals serious damage and often breaks an arm (or the head), and UT lvl1 is an instant kill (battle-tested on mentor). If you don't have them yet, I think the tonfas are in the room right after test of valor 5.
Thanks for replying.

I made a save at the test of valor and have continued with my first playthrough (aiming for dragon sword only and on path of the warrior). I tried the scythe but im having a hard time with it. Will get the tonfas and attempt it how you said.

Just really want to get rid of the tests, whats funny is that the ones after it (6,7,8) were piss easy, and nine is only dogs and ninjas. 5 is the hardest one by far.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:21 PM   #77
BI0RAPTOR

CelestialSpiral's Gamercard
Alright there LV nice work you have done and are doing here mate.Well I got the game when it first came out as I am a big fan of the Gaiden games going back to black on the xbox,but apart from the issue of the camera being a b*tch I love this game.I have just a few more achievements to do to max it out such as the Mentor,Master & a few weapons to play out.Not wanting to sound naive but the ones I can not seem to figure out are the Karma Warrior of missions etc,I have an idea but cold you put me right on it if I am wrong or right.I think you have to do all the DLC missions on the following levels?.Would be grateful for any advise on the subject,thanks for your time.Good Hunting to all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ninja20gaiden20220arsengk7.jpg (26.9 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by BI0RAPTOR; 02-08-2009 at 01:37 PM. Reason: spelling
BI0RAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:16 AM   #78
Devolon

FKT DEVOLON's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BI0RAPTOR View Post
I think you have to do all the DLC missions on the following levels?..
Mission mode features 2 types of missions:

- 16 karma attack missions: you're in an arena against a zillion enemies and 427 bosses at the same time, kill'em all. Clearing the mission unlocks the next difficulty level. There are 16 missions, clearing them all unlocks the acolyte, warrior, mentor and master ninja of missions achievements. Mentor of missions is already significantly harder than the master ninja story mode achievement IMO,. Those missions are uninteresting, unbalanced, glitchy, plagued with frame rate issues and I hate them all.

- 8 survival missions: 8 different missions, one for each weapon, features endless waves of enemies on acolyte difficulty, your health doesn't refill anymore, survive for as long as possible, your karma score at the end gives you a medal, unlocks the all bronze, silver, gold achievements. Those missions kinda suck because they require you to unlock some green orbs, enemies sometimes drop them upon death, and it acts like a karma multiplier, you won't get gold without them. Problem is it's not very clear how you can make those orbs appear, it has nothing to do with your combo meter or your killcount, I know it's not random but I can't put my finger on it. I think it's something like "kill 3 enemies in less than 10 seconds without getting hit", but I'm not sure, it's not always working.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:09 PM   #79
BI0RAPTOR

Thanks for the clarification Devolon on the Karma subject,I had a idea but I was not 100% sure.At the moment I have only got four missions left to do and they are the Defeat a hundred fiends.So I should have the miserly 5 points soon.By the way your Avatar would that be from the game Killer 7,if so nice taste.Also did you get the DLC costumes?,if so what would you say was the more worth your money one.I got the three of them,well 15 coz you get five colors but I would have to say the Fiend ones are cool followed by the Shadow Walker & then the Bio metal.Also as for the slow frame you mentioned I must be lucky because I have never experienced that apart from the main game when you are climbing the stairs and having to fight an onslaught of black spider ninjas.Anyhow thanks again.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:39 PM   #80
Devolon

FKT DEVOLON's Gamercard
You're welcome. And yes, it's from killer7, great game, too bad we'll never see a sequel. About NG2, all karma attack achievements are worth 20pts each, survival mode's are worth 30pts. TBH, most of the frame rate issues are gone since I installed the game on my hard drive, but it didn't make things any easier for me, I'm still 1 mission (mission 14) away from the mentor of missions achievement, this one is a bitch and it's getting very frustrating, hence the rant.

About costumes, I got them all too, they're all fine IMo, but my favorite costume is the one you unlock by clearing the game on Master Ninja... i'm so proud of this one, I can't help but selecting it all the time.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:42 AM   #81
BI0RAPTOR

Master Ninja Is the level I dream of,,!!!

Do not want to start spamming this forum up Devolon,but I do not blame you for being proud to say you have accomplished the Master Ninja level.What is the costume for that one?,the tiger one.Or leopard,or neither.Mission 14 is a challenge near impossible,and I am afraid if you can not do it I have no chance.I have now done the Hundred fiends,Mission 13 did my nut in for ab it.Devolon do I have to do all the Missions before I get the achievements,I apologize if I am making you repeat yourself it is just that I seem to feel the Missions are broken down into segments and if that is so,then it as not given me the achievements for the segments I have done.Also do not know where I got 5 points from.Last thought going to Killer 7,I played it on the Cube I like to get it out no and then for the likes off Metroid Prime,Resi 4 & Killer 7 although it is a game I did not complete I got side tracked on some other game,I got to the point where you Had to put the posters or banners in order to progress.Anyhow on that I will wish you luck on the Mission 14.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:10 AM   #82
NinjaMonkeyUK

NinjaMonkeyUK's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devolon View Post
Problem is it's not very clear how you can make those orbs appear, it has nothing to do with your combo meter or your killcount, I know it's not random but I can't put my finger on it. I think it's something like "kill 3 enemies in less than 10 seconds without getting hit", but I'm not sure, it's not always working.
I find when I play the missions that I am more likely to get green essence when I kill enemies without using an OT, ET, or UT. Just killing them straight out with normal attacks seems to do the trick for me.

At the start of each mission, I'll just take out the easy human opponents with an Izuna Drop, or normal weapon combos, and more often than not, they will give me green essence.

The challenge comes from getting more green essence when your current multiplier is running out. By that I mean that sometimes its difficult to kill the current wave of enemies without using an OT, ET, or UT, unless you're very skilled.

I definitely see it as you have to have a very different play strategy to that of the story mode. In that, you can kill one or two enemies then chain ET / UT until the rest are dead, but in mission mode you can only do that for so long until the game forces you to fight without using those techniques in order to keep your multiplier going.

Its a real challenge and one I really enjoy. I much prefer the survival missions to the karma attack missions. The survival missions really do force you to actually learn how to wield each weapon and use it to its full potential.

100% Arcade:

3D Golf | CoD | DoD | Doom | DN3D | SoR2

Last edited by NinjaMonkeyUK; 02-11-2009 at 10:13 AM.
NinjaMonkeyUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:41 PM   #83
Devolon

FKT DEVOLON's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BI0RAPTOR View Post
Do not want to start spamming this forum up Devolon,but I do not blame you for being proud to say you have accomplished the Master Ninja level.What is the costume for that one?,the tiger one.Or leopard,or neither.Mission 14 is a challenge near impossible,and I am afraid if you can not do it I have no chance.I have now done the Hundred fiends,Mission 13 did my nut in for ab it.Devolon do I have to do all the Missions before I get the achievements,I apologize if I am making you repeat yourself it is just that I seem to feel the Missions are broken down into segments and if that is so,then it as not given me the achievements for the segments I have done.Also do not know where I got 5 points from.Last thought going to Killer 7,I played it on the Cube I like to get it out no and then for the likes off Metroid Prime,Resi 4 & Killer 7 although it is a game I did not complete I got side tracked on some other game,I got to the point where you Had to put the posters or banners in order to progress.Anyhow on that I will wish you luck on the Mission 14.
you unlock the leopard costume by clearing mentor, MN unlocks a golden costume with black tribal drawings, very badass (but not very stealthy for a ninja).

There are no 5 pts achievements in mission mode, so it probably has to do with story mode, or maybe it's the "choose to continue 100 times achievement.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:55 PM   #84
Devolon

FKT DEVOLON's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMonkeyUK View Post
I find when I play the missions that I am more likely to get green essence when I kill enemies without using an OT, ET, or UT. Just killing them straight out with normal attacks seems to do the trick for me.

At the start of each mission, I'll just take out the easy human opponents with an Izuna Drop, or normal weapon combos, and more often than not, they will give me green essence.

The challenge comes from getting more green essence when your current multiplier is running out. By that I mean that sometimes its difficult to kill the current wave of enemies without using an OT, ET, or UT, unless you're very skilled.

I definitely see it as you have to have a very different play strategy to that of the story mode. In that, you can kill one or two enemies then chain ET / UT until the rest are dead, but in mission mode you can only do that for so long until the game forces you to fight without using those techniques in order to keep your multiplier going.

Its a real challenge and one I really enjoy. I much prefer the survival missions to the karma attack missions. The survival missions really do force you to actually learn how to wield each weapon and use it to its full potential.
I noticed that UTS aren't much of a problem if your multiplier is already at 5. What I do is chain UTs until the multiplier indicator starts to bleep, and then kill a couple foes quickly with a standard move or a IS, most of the time one of them drops a green orb and I'm good to go. That's why I think it has to do with a "kill X enemies in X seconds" thing, because the game seems to take all your kills into account, even it they die by UT. And you need OTs, because they give you an easy 15.000 pts if your multiplier is at 5, making for a total of 30.000 per kill (15.000 for an instant kill, then 15.000 for an OT).

At first I was doing like you, spamming a few ID or something like that for the orbs to appear, but I'm pretty positive it's not the right thing to do, because sometimes it seems to me that green orbs are more likely to appear at the beginning of each mission (be it karma attack or survival), whatever you do. I retried mission 14 yesterday, and the game gave me 4 consecutive green orbs (like I gave a fuck about them, anyway, I wanted blue orbs FFS) at the very start of the mission, even if I wasn't doing anything special.

On the other hand, I did the kusarigama survival mission, killed 110+ enemies while trying anything I could think of just to make green orbs appear, and the game gave me 5 orbs at the very start and nothing for the rest of my run (except for the skeleton critters part, I spaamed IS and they were always dropping blue or green orbs), and I ended up with a 1.000.000 score, which is pretty poor considering I got most of my gold medals so far with 90-100 kills runs.

Last edited by Devolon; 02-11-2009 at 03:00 PM.
Devolon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:24 PM   #85
Mist

Send a message via AIM to Mist Send a message via MSN to Mist

Morolarim's Gamercard
This might be a stupid question, but does anyone know if using another weapon and then not saving the game ruins the "use-this-weapon-only" achievement or not? I've come across games in the past where it records your use of another weapon/item/skill, regardless of whether you save or not afterwards, and thought I'd ask before trying it out.
Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:45 PM   #86
Foxhound300

Foxhound300's Gamercard

why would you risk trying it out at all? and no, it doesn't affect you as long as you use it and then die before you can save.

thanks madcap1
Old 03-04-2009, 09:57 AM   #87
Mist

Send a message via AIM to Mist Send a message via MSN to Mist

Morolarim's Gamercard
Oh, sweet, thanks! I'm going for the the achievement you get from using only the Dragon Sword right off the bat, but I'd like to try the other weapons out before the next round so I know which one to use next.
Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:26 AM   #88
Floodclaw

Floodclaw's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Never Final
In the Quetzocal fight, I've found that the Void Ninpo works ungodly well against them, taking away near all of their health on Acolyte. The only problem is aiming...
Old 04-03-2009, 05:52 AM   #89
FTWer

I got a question, can you use reverse wind non-stop & during all that time be invincible? Or is there a frame between them when you land that leaves you open?

FTWer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:18 PM   #90
Yemeth

YEME7H's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTWer View Post
I got a question, can you use reverse wind non-stop & during all that time be invincible? Or is there a frame between them when you land that leaves you open?
You're not invulnerable all the time. Between movements while your character is settling, you can get hit.

Thats why I either time it with an enemy's lunge, or combine it with a jump to move around faster.