PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-15-2008, 05:42 PM   #1
YoShi0691

Talking How to obtain a Z rank in story

Heya, can anyone give us some tips on how to achieve a Z rank in story mode. Im usualy achivemeing them 85% of the time. Mostly without knowing how. But i need to know what a ready stance attack, pursuit attack etc. are.
If anyone can help explain i will apreciate it.
YoShi0691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 05:53 PM   #2
DaRealChrono v2

DaRealChrono v2's Gamercard
You have to clear the battle objectives, such as "Dodge an Attack", "Land A Super Attack" and etc. The more you clear the higher your rank.

22415/42235
100% Retail:
Madden NFL 08, Madden NFL 09, Madden NFL 10 (1150/1150), NCAA Football 08, NBA Street: Homecourt

100% Arcade:
-Pac-man, Ms. Pac-man, Pac-Man C.E., Galaga, Puzzle Quest, Worms, Cascassone, Dash of Destruction, Sonic The Hedgehog 3

DaRealChrono v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 05:56 PM   #3
YoShi0691

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRealChrono v2 View Post
You have to clear the battle objectives, such as "Dodge an Attack", "Land A Super Attack" and etc. The more you clear the higher your rank.
yeh i know that but i dont know how do achieve some of those objectives (ready stance, pursuit attack, ultimate move finish) I think if i understand how to do tghem it would make it a lot easier to achieve the Z ranks. WAs wodnering if someone could give an indepth description for each one.
Old 06-15-2008, 06:07 PM   #4
MartiniKiss

sailorspoon1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
you dont need all of them to get a z rank the easy ones i use are
attack first
super attack
land an ultimate attack
dodge
vanish attack
ready stance (just hit lb and attack)
heavy smash (which is RT and Y)

i might have missed listing one but getting all of those usually gives me a Z rank
Old 06-15-2008, 06:16 PM   #5
Delta V1p3r

Delta V1p3r's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
I guess I could chime in a little, as I've achieved all Z ranks in story on normal right now, and can shed some light on the "tickers" after a battle:

Land an Attack on Your Opponent First-Self Explanatory, but make sure that you HIT the opponent, and not have them block or it won't count. If you see First Attack in the left-hand corner of your screen, you collected this one.

Use a Ready Stance or a Ready Stance Attack- This one will take some timing to master, but is an invaluable move to have in your repetoire. What you do is simply hit the right thumbstick simultaneously with the "a" button, and your character will appear behind your opponent and either move out of the way, or attack them back.

Land a Pursuit Attack- Somewhat complicated to obtain, but awesome nonetheless, what you have to do is use the Y button and the thumbstick in the up direction simultaneously to send your opponent into the air and immediately hit the right trigger to have your character chase or pursue your opponent, kicking or punching them in the air. You can string several of these together to do progressive damage to your enemy. Difficult to pull off, but it can be done. Check the tutorial for a more in depth explanation and practice.

Land a Vanishing Attack- When you go into Aura Burst mode, when your Ki meter is at full and you hit the left bumper, hit the left bumper and a direction away from your opponent while hitting an attack button (not energy) and you will "vanish" and reappear behind your opponent while attacking at the same time.

Dodge an Attack- Simply put, if you see little black lines as your character lunges backward, you are doing it right. Block and move the thumbstick away from the attack to dodge.

Land a Super Attack- Simple to do, just make sure that you charge up a ki blast and launch it at your opponent, making sure they don't block it so it connects and you'll have this towards Z ranking.

Land an Ultimate Attack- Much like a super attack, but a little different. What you do is hit the Ki button and the up direction on the thumbstick and you character will do their "Ultimate Move" (Goku's Kamehameha, Vegeta's Big Bang Attack, Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon, etc.) just make sure it isn't blocked, and that it connects, and you'll get it.

Land a Heavy Smash-This is a charged attack that is very easy to perform, but you'll need at least one Ki bar to have it happen. Just hit the right trigger, and the "Y" button at the same time to have your character charge up an attack that is unblockable. You'll know you've done it right if a colored aura appears around your characters attack, and a mini cut-scene develops with the opponent's stomach getting pushed back from the force.

Win using an Ultimate Move Attack- This one is a little confusing, but very simple to pull off. What you need to do is to go into Aura Burst mode, and land an uppercut with the left trigger button. A cutscene will occur with a button pressing minigame where one opponent will win over the other. Just land one and you'll get it.

Defeat your Opponent in 90 Seconds-Just as it states, defeat them in 90 seconds or less. Very easy to obtain, just fight very quickly, abuse the heavy attacks and ultimates to make it even easier to do.

There you have it, if there is anything missing from this list let me know, and I'll add to it.

Hope this helps, happy Z hunting!!!!!

Last edited by Delta V1p3r; 06-15-2008 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Bolds for each individual item, easier read...
Delta V1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 06:39 PM   #6
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I got a question about this... hows the gameplay. Compared to the other dragonball games, are they like the same in comparison?

KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 06:57 PM   #7
Partifaction

Partifaction's Gamercard
It's tight. A lot better than the other DBZ games, a lot of new stuff.
Partifaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 05:39 AM   #8
say4ct

UNCLE FURY's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partifaction View Post
It's tight. A lot better than the other DBZ games, a lot of new stuff.
Oh yeah. I like it alot more. Alot of people seem to dislike it because of the small character selection...Face the facts though, were you really going to play any of the like 7 forms of Buu...Come on lol.

Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit - (800/1000)
Soul Calibur IV - (1000/1000)
Guitar Hero II - (1000/1000)
say4ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 06:43 AM   #9
x KrazieNoob x

x KrazieNoob x's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta V1p3r View Post
I guess I could chime in a little, as I've achieved all Z ranks in story on normal right now, and can shed some light on the "tickers" after a battle:

Land an Attack on Your Opponent First-Self Explanatory, but make sure that you HIT the opponent, and not have them block or it won't count. If you see First Attack in the left-hand corner of your screen, you collected this one.

Use a Ready Stance or a Ready Stance Attack- This one will take some timing to master, but is an invaluable move to have in your repetoire. What you do is simply hit the right thumbstick simultaneously with the "a" button, and your character will appear behind your opponent and either move out of the way, or attack them back.

Land a Pursuit Attack- Somewhat complicated to obtain, but awesome nonetheless, what you have to do is use the Y button and the thumbstick in the up direction simultaneously to send your opponent into the air and immediately hit the right trigger to have your character chase or pursue your opponent, kicking or punching them in the air. You can string several of these together to do progressive damage to your enemy. Difficult to pull off, but it can be done. Check the tutorial for a more in depth explanation and practice.

Land a Vanishing Attack- When you go into Aura Burst mode, when your Ki meter is at full and you hit the left bumper, hit the left bumper and a direction away from your opponent while hitting an attack button (not energy) and you will "vanish" and reappear behind your opponent while attacking at the same time.

Dodge an Attack- Simply put, if you see little black lines as your character lunges backward, you are doing it right. Block and move the thumbstick away from the attack to dodge.

Land a Super Attack- Simple to do, just make sure that you charge up a ki blast and launch it at your opponent, making sure they don't block it so it connects and you'll have this towards Z ranking.

Land an Ultimate Attack- Much like a super attack, but a little different. What you do is hit the Ki button and the up direction on the thumbstick and you character will do their "Ultimate Move" (Goku's Kamehameha, Vegeta's Big Bang Attack, Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon, etc.) just make sure it isn't blocked, and that it connects, and you'll get it.

Land a Heavy Smash-This is a charged attack that is very easy to perform, but you'll need at least one Ki bar to have it happen. Just hit the right trigger, and the "Y" button at the same time to have your character charge up an attack that is unblockable. You'll know you've done it right if a colored aura appears around your characters attack, and a mini cut-scene develops with the opponent's stomach getting pushed back from the force.

Win using an Ultimate Move Attack- This one is a little confusing, but very simple to pull off. What you need to do is to go into Aura Burst mode, and land an uppercut with the left trigger button. A cutscene will occur with a button pressing minigame where one opponent will win over the other. Just land one and you'll get it.

Defeat your Opponent in 90 Seconds-Just as it states, defeat them in 90 seconds or less. Very easy to obtain, just fight very quickly, abuse the heavy attacks and ultimates to make it even easier to do.

There you have it, if there is anything missing from this list let me know, and I'll add to it.

Very well put! Now that he explained how to get each of the awards to get closer to the Z rank, let me just point out that you only really need the "Deafeat your Opponent in 90 SEconds" and the 3 land the attack moves. Those 4 should come really easy and naturally in a fight.

Edit: I should point out though when you reach futher in the sega's on higher difficultys, you'll most likely not get the win in 90 second award. Just do a vanashing attack and the other 3 land an attack moves, as well as the land a first hit award, and you should be able to hit a Z rank no problems.
x KrazieNoob x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:18 AM   #10
YoShi0691

cheers Delta v1p3r. i am easily getting Z ranks now yeh i have noticed that if you get defeat your opponent in 90 seconds your likely to achive a Z. I find it harder ot get when your fighting the broly mathces since the you and the computer have so many life bars.
I have to agree that this game is alot better than previous dragonball's. Only let down was how short the story was. I also find it was told realy bad to the point someone new to draognball would not understand since it only showed the fight scenes. I would like them to add more chracters/sags through online downlaods if possiable
Old 06-16-2008, 12:29 PM   #11
mighty1

Send a message via Yahoo to mighty1

The Smoking Ace's Gamercard

these tips are really helpful, i'ma make sure i execute them while playing! i've gotta say this is the most fun i've had in a fighting game in a long,long time.
My All-Time Greatest Challange Success: Dead Rising 1000/1000 =100% Game Completion

All Time Favorite Achievement: Day7 in Dead Rising

Hey Yo I Stay Ballin

mighty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:01 PM   #12
omegamustard

Send a message via AIM to omegamustard Send a message via Yahoo to omegamustard

OmegaMustard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
It's actually pretty simple, just wait until you get a feel for the game, then you'll be nailing the Z ranks without trying.

omegamustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 05:47 PM   #13
MartiniKiss

sailorspoon1's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by say4ct View Post
Oh yeah. I like it alot more. Alot of people seem to dislike it because of the small character selection...Face the facts though, were you really going to play any of the like 7 forms of Buu...Come on lol.

well more characters would have been nice and if the dialog didnt have terrible parts in it (DARN IT and WHAT after everything) but over all its a great game
Old 06-17-2008, 04:46 AM   #14
Delta V1p3r

Delta V1p3r's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty1 View Post
these tips are really helpful, i'ma make sure i execute them while playing! i've gotta say this is the most fun i've had in a fighting game in a long,long time.
Thanks, I'm glad that I can help some folks out with the Z-scoring on story missions.

Should this be stickied? I wonder...
Delta V1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:32 AM   #15
IllegalBLAZE

IllegalBLAZE's Gamercard
I have found that the story mode starts to feel a little monotonous trying to hit that checklist to get the Z rating on every fight. Good game though. I wish they would make a real RPG out of this game. Something like oblivion but with Saiyans. One can only dream.
IllegalBLAZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:35 AM   #16
YoShi0691

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllegalBLAZE View Post
I have found that the story mode starts to feel a little monotonous trying to hit that checklist to get the Z rating on every fight. Good game though. I wish they would make a real RPG out of this game. Something like oblivion but with Saiyans. One can only dream.
oo now thats an idea. Ever played the GBA rpg's. They were bloody amazing! lol
Old 06-17-2008, 01:51 PM   #17
MartiniKiss

sailorspoon1's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoShi0691 View Post
oo now thats an idea. Ever played the GBA rpg's. They were bloody amazing! lol
legend of goku! that was so fun haha
Old 06-17-2008, 02:05 PM   #18
Zellmo

Lewis Preen's Gamercard

i kinda do the same moves everymatch and i got z achievment on all so far first time. i just do guard smash so they get injured followed by ki blast like gallick gun, kamehamehah etc then wait for them to get up do the same again and again then when have half red bar as there getting to feet do ultimat move finisher to kill them off if u kill them with a bit more then half abar of red, it does the screen where the opponent flies back in a white screen sayin no or damn and thats the ultimate finisher ko, were as a normal ultimate finish ko wont give u the point after match it has to show them on the white screen for it to be win using ultimate finisher

100% Retail:-
TMNT, Tomb Raider: Anni, The Simpsons, Scene It?, Spider-Man FoF, X-Men, NFL 08, Lego Star Wars: TCS, Lego Star Wars II: TOT, NHL 2k6, Gears of War, Avatar, NBA 2k6, Smackdown 2008, Pirates of the Caribbean, Bully, Surf's Up,Tomb Raider:Legend, Viva Pinata, Cars:Mater-National, StarWars: TFU, Legends of Wrestlemania,
Completing:-
DBZ (460/1000)
Fifa 08 (730/1000)
Splinter Cell 4 (625/1000)
Top Spin 2 (450/1000)
Zellmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 04:50 PM   #19
say4ct

UNCLE FURY's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiniKiss View Post
well more characters would have been nice and if the dialog didnt have terrible parts in it (DARN IT and WHAT after everything) but over all its a great game
Fair enough but I just didn't care too much for the characters from the Buu saga onwards...All the characters from the Saiyan - Cell Saga were the most interesting. At at the time, at least they had a chance against their enemies, making it more balanced. The Buu saga ...Well in the Buu saga, only the saiyans could fight. It was just an expansion to see...Who could be the most super saiyan...hahahaha. And I agree, the redundant "Darn It!" it very annoying after the first say... 60 time?? lol

Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit - (800/1000)
Soul Calibur IV - (1000/1000)
Guitar Hero II - (1000/1000)
say4ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 06:58 AM   #20
Renwik7

Gothic Punk Fox's Gamercard
Very helpful list up there. As far as my opinion on the game...I was really unhappy that it didn't complete the story. No, I wouldn't have used 7 forms of Buu, but the game felt incomplete, especially after having played lesser DBZ games that went through the entire story on the PS2. Still, it was a lot of fun just starting up the game the weekend after it came out and beating up people online as Krillin when I hadn't even played the story yet. ^_^
Renwik7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 12:19 PM   #21
DBZ Addict

IXI AvEnGeRxX's Gamercard
Sorry to bump this but I'm having a hard time doing these on Z Diffuculty. Does anyone know any easier ones to do on this Difficulty?
DBZ Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 04:47 AM   #22
DaRealChrono v2

DaRealChrono v2's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBZ Addict View Post
Sorry to bump this but I'm having a hard time doing these on Z Diffuculty. Does anyone know any easier ones to do on this Difficulty?
What do you mean? They don't change with the difficulty.

22415/42235
100% Retail:
Madden NFL 08, Madden NFL 09, Madden NFL 10 (1150/1150), NCAA Football 08, NBA Street: Homecourt

100% Arcade:
-Pac-man, Ms. Pac-man, Pac-Man C.E., Galaga, Puzzle Quest, Worms, Cascassone, Dash of Destruction, Sonic The Hedgehog 3

DaRealChrono v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 06:09 AM   #23
SetsunaFSeiei
Banned User

Location: In this distorted world where everything is twisted ...

AdventCruz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRealChrono v2 View Post
What do you mean? They don't change with the difficulty.
Agreed, this is one of the hardest 1000 gs games for a reason. Its like trying to make Ninja Gaiden 2 easier [my next goal] xD
SetsunaFSeiei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 04:20 PM   #24
Ragnarok1986

Ragnarok1986's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zellmo View Post
i kinda do the same moves everymatch and i got z achievment on all so far first time. i just do guard smash so they get injured followed by ki blast like gallick gun, kamehamehah etc then wait for them to get up do the same again and again then when have half red bar as there getting to feet do ultimat move finisher to kill them off if u kill them with a bit more then half abar of red, it does the screen where the opponent flies back in a white screen sayin no or damn and thats the ultimate finisher ko, were as a normal ultimate finish ko wont give u the point after match it has to show them on the white screen for it to be win using ultimate finisher

Thank you so much for this i was trying for 20mins no Z this way 5 in 10mins this is by far the best way
Ragnarok1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 04:33 PM   #25
FeLizP
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to FeLizP Send a message via Yahoo to FeLizP Send a message via Skype™ to FeLizP

FeLizP's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta V1p3r View Post

Nice chime

You would think something like that would be posted in the Burst Limit FAQ. May I also note once again(as you did for the Pursuit Attack description) that for anyone still going for the Z Ranks that you can also hit up the Advanced Tutorials and they will show you exactly how to perform all the Battle Objective type moves so that you'll know exactly how it's done! Personally for me, when I get my Ultimate blocked, it still counts as long as it makes contact with my opponent. A job well done, superb post!

Last edited by FeLizP; 10-21-2011 at 04:38 PM.
FeLizP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:00 AM   #26
Au Asterix

au asterix's Gamercard
does activating the cut scenes also help with achieving a Z rank?
Au Asterix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:21 AM   #27
Jakez123
Never be Bronze

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Free Agents - First Place   Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Au Asterix View Post
does activating the cut scenes also help with achieving a Z rank?
Yes they do.

A few tips from me, when going for the Z ranks on Z difficulty, this is what I'll do:

This sounds stupid, but look at what drama pieces you can earn in a fight, since you've done 2 times you should know what fights have what drama pieces. Drama pieces are essential for getting Z ranks during the harder fights, I'll come back to this.

I'll show you the ORDER of battle objectives to go for:

Land an Attack on Your Opponent First- When going for this, look at your character, if you have someone which can use Kamehemaha, shoot it as the match starts and you're almost always guaranteed the first hit. In the cell saga, when you play as Cell's final form, his <-- + is some giant shield, that is pretty effective for getting the first hit also. When using Broly, use --> + (Full charge). If you don't get the first hit, sometimes it doesn't matter when going for the Z ranks (During Broly's saga it is essential though, so restart the fight).

Land a Heavy Smash- This is your staple move for Z-mode, so you'll ALWAYS get this. + (full charge) into the enemy, if he hits you, it's fine, keep trying till you get him (which won't take long, the computers LOVE getting hit by it).

Land a Super Attack- You'll always chain this after the heavy smash. KEEP IN MIND that moves like Kamehahmeha ARE EASILY DODGED BY THE CPU. Most characters have a super which are so dodgey that the CPU have trouble dodging them (or simply can't lmao). Good examples, Cell's final form's <--- + (as mentioned before), SSJ2Teen gohan's <-- + (dragon kick thing). Look for characters who have a super which is a physical attack or only hits once or twice (Piccilo's light grenade and Gohan's Masenko)

Land a Pursuit Attack- Seems hard, but really isn't, TRUST ME, THIS ATTACK WILL Z RANK YOU SO MANY MISSIONS, IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!.

YOU NEED ONE BAR OF KI!

Simply do UP + (Full charge), as SOON as the move connects hit the . You will teleport and ping pong them (once as you tap it once, tap it more times after the first pursuit to carry it on, but it uses more Ki).

The trouble with this is that people input the too late. Anticipate when the smash is going to hit then hit to teleport.

The computer also loves getting hit by this also.

KEEP IN MIND THE PURSUIT HAS TO HIT THE OPPONENT, IF THEY TELEPORT BEHIND YOU AFTER YOU ATTEMPT TO PING PONG THEM YOU'LL HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN.

Why is this so important? I'll explain at the end.

Dodge an Attack- Very simple, but funnily enough people forget this. Wait till you opponent comes close, then tap to dodge. You cannot dodge fully charged smashes.

Use a Ready Stance or a Ready Stance Attack- just spam ---> + when they attack you or use a super on you. You'll teleport behind them and slap them, it doesn't need to connect.

Land an Ultimate Attack- Oh lord, depending on the character, this comes easy or hard. Keep in mind, all it has to do IS HIT, if the CPU blocks it, then YOU COMPLETE THE OBJECTIVE. If you have a beam character, just spam Ulti's till you hit. If you have a grabbing character, just ulti up close and they can't do anything (cell's 1st and 2nd form, and android 16).

There's another way of landing the ultimate easily, but i'll explain that at the end.

Land a Vanishing Attack- I never went or this, I don't even know what it is.

The NEXT 2, give you lots of stars if you achieve them:

Win using an Ultimate Move Attack- Hit when you knock your opponent back in aura spark. The minigame is ruthless, DEPENDING ON YOUR AND THE ENEMIES FATIGUE. EG, if your fatigue was 0%, and your opponents fatigue is 90%, you've pretty much landed it and you'll win the minigame. I'm not sure if you have to kill them with the minigame or the attacks after the minigame, but to be sure make sure you do this when YOU KNOW you can kill them.

Defeat your Opponent in 90 Seconds- self explanatory. Doesn't always happen, pretty simple to get in Broly's saga also.

More to come in a second.

Beating Dirty in Killer Instinct is as easy as 123

Last edited by Jakez123; 12-30-2012 at 03:29 AM.
Jakez123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:42 AM   #28
Jakez123
Never be Bronze

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Free Agents - First Place   Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Tips on Z mode:

Know the opponents combo attack. - You might be thinking what? But pretty much the CPU does like a 20+ hit combo regardless of what character they use.

The thing is, pretty much 90% of the time they do normal attacks then end it with a Heavy smash. Block the first attacks then Ultra block the heavy smash. Punish them during their cooldown. If you do it fast enough you can ultimate them before they recover. Which is a nice reward.

Spam supers - Sounds weird when they always ready stance you, but some characters have supers which cannot be "ready stanced". Eg Tiens Dodonray (fighting cell form 2) and Bardocks cannon ball ki throw move (well they didn't teleport from me). There are more.

When they Aura spark - Don't attack, good lord they are going to teleport and counter EVERYTHING YOU DO. If they get you in a combo use + . It'll blow them away, fair enough they may teleport behind you, but keep spamming it until your Ki runs out (then get raped).

If they haven't got you in a combo, simply back away, sometimes they stand thee and throw ki, just back away and side step their attacks. Don't think you're safe though. They can teleport behind you so watch out.

If you can Aura spark, MAKE SURE YOU DO, just sit there and ultra block till they come out of aura spark (keep in mind they can grab you, on that note, don't grab them, they'll teleport and counter).

When they are on low HP - Good lord, this is good and bad, when they are on low Hp they tend to stand there and randomly ultra block (good for you as they don't aura spark), but it's a pain to hit them (they DODGE EVERYTHING). You pretty much have to attack till you hit and kill them.

Fatigue - Just watch the Fatigue, they normally aura spark when they are like 50% staggered.

Why Pursuit attacks are the best - Most battles normally have "XXXX' strikes", "Angry XXXX", "XXXX ki increases" for drama pieces. All of them but the Ki increases activate when getting hit by a pursuit attack or doing one yourself.

Angry = Someone has been hit by a pursuit attack, opponent has higher health.

Strikes = Someone has done a pursuit attack, has 1 Ki bar after the pursuit.

Ki increases, not related to pursuits, but when you hit them they get "blown away", if their health is below 70% this will unlock.

You might wonder why this is important, as said before, Drama pieces give you stars (needed for the Z rank). So when fulfilling the pursuit attack Requirements you may achieve 1 or 2 drama pieces also. Since pretty much every character has their own version of these drama pieces you'll get one in EVERY OTHER FIGHT. Sometimes they are named differently though (EG: Piccilo's rage).

Pro tip: Watch out for Vegeta, he loves final flash.

Lastly, if the opponent is in Aura spark, and they heavy smash you and miss, punish them by using your ultimate. As ultimate's cannot be ready stanced out of.

Also, sorry for the poor grammar/spelling, I've been typing for like 20 minutes so I'm sure there are numerous mistakes. I may come back and edit it in the future, but at the moment I won't edit anything.

Beating Dirty in Killer Instinct is as easy as 123

Last edited by Jakez123; 12-30-2012 at 03:45 AM.
Jakez123 is online now   Reply With Quote