PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Simulation > Sealife Safari
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-18-2008, 04:30 PM   #1
narcolepticshee

narcolepticshee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   SOTF Runner Up   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide

- Guppy [5g]
Take a three star photo of any creature in Coral Reef

This one is pretty straight forward -

You just need to take a photo with:
+ The fish in the center of your viewfinder (in the little circle)
+ The fish must be performing an action (by throwing an item at it using B)
+ The fish must fill the photo
+ The fish must be facing forward

This can be done with any fish.

- Old Salt [10g]
Find and take a photo of Cap'n Lobster

See 'Crypto Zoologist'

- Depth Explorer [10g]
Take a 3 star photo of the Angler Fish.

In the level 'The Abyss' you will find a fish with big orange eyes, with a light dangling from it's forehead - take a 3 star photo of this. (See 'Guppy')

- Living Dinosaur [15g]
Take a photo of the Coelacanth

On the last level, Volcano, you will find the coelacanth just past the Moai Head Statue - it's fast though so you need to be quick to snap it! It's a long thin very dark grey fish

- Blast Off [10g]
Take a photo of the rocket squid in flight

See 'Crypto Zoologist'

- By the Gods [10g]
Take a photo of Poseidon's Trident

See 'Crypto Zoologist'

- Alvin [10g]
Take a photo of the Aquabot Explorer

See 'Crypto Zoologist'

- Nostradamus [10g]
Take a photo of the Mystical Moai Head

See 'Crypto Zoologist'

- Shell Collector [30g]
Find all of the hidden Collectible Shells in the game

To 'find' a Collectible Shell, you need to throw one of your items at it so it hits it.

Coral Reef -
1. Look to the right as soon as you start, it is on the rock
2. You will pass under an arch - above the arch is number 2
3. After you have passed under the arch, you will turn right. Look to the right on top of two small round rocks
4. After number 3, you will see two columns of rocks to your right, look to the left here and around the corner is number 4
5. You will come to a T-Junction crevasse - look to the left, in the crevasse, for number 5
6. Immediately after number 5, turn round and look to the right of the big rock. It is above one of the green plants
7. After you have passed the rock where shell number 6 is, look to the left (behind the rock) for number 7
8. After you have passed the octopus on your left, behind the rock you pass over
Look in the direction you are moving and number 9 is in between the rocks ahead of you
10. After retrieving number 10, look to the left and it is under table shaped rock

Ship Graveyard -
1. As soon as you start, look to the right in between the green tall plants
2. After you pass in between the two large rocks (near the beginning) look to the left
3. As soon as you see the first shipwreck, look in the other direction to the big mountain - the shell is on the top
4. Look at the side of the next shipwreck - it is in between the bottom of the wreck and the top of the sandy bank
5. Next you will curve around the second shipwreck, When you reach the back of the ship, look next to the rudder.
6. Sometimes you will go over the ship and sometimes you will go in it, when you go over, look to the left of the top deck
7. Sometimes you will go over the ship and sometimes you will go in it, when you go in it, look behind the wardrobe to the left
8. When you exit the ship, look in between the wreck below you
9. There is a rock to your left after you exit/go over the ship and curve round. It is behind this rock
10. Further round, after you have passed round the back of the ship, look down

Deep Sea -
1. As soon as you start the level look down in between the rocks
2. Look to the right near the beginning, it is behind the statue
3. To the left of the entrance to the 'Atlantis' building
4. After the second left corner in the Atlantis building (just after the statue on your right), there are some arches to your left, look in between the arches and the fallen arch next to them
5. After the arch section, look in the direction you are moving and it is on the rocks, slightly to the right
6. You will go up an aztec pyramid style of steps - look to the left when you get on the platform
7. As you come off the aztec pyramid stepped platform, look to the left - number 6 is in between the legs of the giant statue
8. Sometimes you will go underneath the aztec building - when you do you will see three plinths in front of you, one with a pot, one with feet and one with nothing. Before you get to these pots, look to the left and it's just round the corner of the wall
9. As you are coming up to structure that looks like a well, look to the right in the distant rocks
10. Just before the Mermaid, look to the left behind the big block with the feet

Abyss -
1. As soon as you start, look at the pink tree to your left
2. There are three mushroom style plants to your right, number 2 is on top of them
3. Further down, there is another set of mushrooms to your right, number 3 is on top of them
4. Look down just after you see the red shrimp on the wall to your left
5. Look above you and right as you start rising, you'll see it in a plant above you
6. As you rise out of the Abyss you'll come across some flat ground, look down, you will see a purple spider-like plant - number 6 is on top of that
7. After obtaining 6, look immediately to the right and you will see it in between the large purple plants
8. To the left of the Kraken, on top of a red mushroom
9. After the Kraken, you will pass through two columns, one either side of you with a purple spider plant at the bottom. Look directly to the left after you have passed these
10. Just around the corner from 9, you will see a purple spider plant in the distance, number 10 is there

Volcano -

1. Near the beginning as you go over a rock, look down to the rock below - the first one is there
2. Look to the left as soon as you've collected number 1 and it is in the purple river
3. As you pass over the river, look to the right into the crevasse
4. After number 3, look in the direction you are moving in and you will see it above the hill in front of you
5. You will pass over another crevasse with a lobster in front of you. Look down and to the right for number 5!
6. After you've reached the top of the hill after collecting number 5 - look down to the left to see a crater full of plants - number 6 is in there!
7. Sometimes you will go left at the crevasse with the lobster and sometimes you will go right. When you go right, look round the corner to the right and down for number 7.
8. After number 6, look in the direction you are moving and you will see it in the distance in the ravine ahead.
9. You will come to a crevasse with a fork in it. Look at the bottom of the right fork.
10. Look up and left as soon as you have collected number 7

Last edited by narcolepticshee; 06-26-2008 at 08:23 AM.
narcolepticshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:23 AM   #2
narcolepticshee

- Crypto Zoologist [30g]
Find all of the Special Items in the game

SPECIAL ITEMS ONLY APPEAR AFTER THE THIRD PLAY THROUGH OF A LEVEL
There are certain special items in each level that you need to take photos of, but only show up after the third play of a level. These don't come with a rating and give you a set amount of points for taking a photo of the item. Even if you take multiple photos of these items, you only get one set of points once per dive.

The special items and locations are:
Trapped Sea Horse -
On the first level, Coral Reef, when you see the first school of seahorses, look down towards the rock in the direction you are moving. The seahorse is in a jar next to the rock - snap it!
Diver Crab - Near the end of the first level, Coral Reef, you will encounter an octopus. Look in the direction that you are moving towards and you will see a divers helmet on the floor - throw your item at it and snap it!
Eel-in-a-Box - On the second level, Ship Graveyard, you will enter a ship. When you exit the ship, you will then swim along and enter a cave. When you enter the cave, look in the direction you are moving and you will see a chest rattling - throw your item (B) at the box and you an Eel will pop out - snap it!
Cap'n Lobster - On the second level, Ship Graveyard, just before you enter the ship look to the left of the 'entrance' and in between two rocks (one big on the right, one small on the left) you will see a pirates hat. Throw an item at it with 'B' and snap it!
Emerald Eye - On the third level, Deep Sea, on the first statue in the Atlantis building, there is a pink starfish. Throw one of your items at it and it will flap up, exposing an emerald eye - snap it quickly!
Rocket Squid - On the third level, Deep Sea,When you go underneath the aztec looking building and into a different area (with a blacked out load screen) you will see a shaking pot around half way through. Throw your item at it with the B button - snap it before it blasts off!
Aquabot Explorer - On the fourth level, The Abyss,Just after the squid on our left (near the beginning of the level) look in the direction you are moving and you will see the aquabot explorer moving towards you - snap it!
Poseidon's Trident - On the fourth level, The Abyss,After the Kraken, you will pass through a gap between two columns and then turn to the right. The Trident is orange and is sticking in the wall to your left - snap it!
Anghammarad's Anchor - On the fifth level, Volcano, at the very beginning of the level look to the left, there is crab. Throw one of your items at it and the anchor will drop down from above
Mystical Moai Head - On the fifth level, Volcano, when you have the volcano on your left, look straight ahead to see the giant Moai Head.

- Paparazzi [30g]
Fill your Favourites Photo Log with at least 50 photos

After every level, you have the chance to add any photo you've taken during the level to your Favourites Photo Log. This essentially allows you to save up to 152 photos. To do this, when you have a photo highlighted (after the level) just press X on the photo and an on screen message will confirm that it has been stored in your Photo Log. As soon as you have made 50 of your photos favourite, the achievement will unlock.

- Underwater Adventure [30g]
Unlock all levels

Each level requires a certain amount of stars to unlock it. You gain stars for taking photos of the fish. You can get between 0 and 3 stars (3 being the best). Here is the required amount of stars for each level:

Coral Reef - 0 stars
Ship Graveyard - 18 stars
Deep Sea - 45 stars
Abyss - 90 stars
Volcano - 130 stars

As soon as you gain 130 stars, the achievement will unlock.

Last edited by narcolepticshee; 06-26-2008 at 08:24 AM.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:12 PM   #3
Jedi Kayben

Jedi Kayben's Gamercard
Quote:
Anghammarad's Anchor - On the fifth level, Volcano, at the very beginning of the level look to the left - it will drop down from above

i honestly do not see this, yes i have played the level more than three times, is is at the immediate beggining, is it quite obvious?
Old 06-19-2008, 04:39 PM   #4
Dude Rain

Dude Rain's Gamercard
Is there a way to see how many shells you have for a level?

I was tired/tipsy when I played it last night, and I couldn't find any progress indicator.

360voice || TrueAchievements
Dude Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 04:42 PM   #5
rhino185

rhino185's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Kayben View Post

i honestly do not see this, yes i have played the level more than three times, is is at the immediate beggining, is it quite obvious?
Yeah it's obvious. When you start the level look to your left and a giant anchor should be falling down to the bottom of the sea.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:15 PM   #6
narcolepticshee

Quote:

Yeh, it is very obvious - not quite sure why it's not dropping for you. Just look to the left of the direction you are moving constantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude Rain View Post
Is there a way to see how many shells you have for a level?

I was tired/tipsy when I played it last night, and I couldn't find any progress indicator.
yes - there's way to see how many you have but not which ones When you go to 'level select' there is an icon in the bottom right corner - that number is how many shells you have

Peace

Old 06-19-2008, 07:01 PM   #7
FlamedLiquid
Banned User

FlamedLiquid's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Sweet. Finally got the last achievement I needed thanks to the shell guide.

Havent gotten 200/200 on an arcade in quite some time.
FlamedLiquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 07:28 PM   #8
Jedi Kayben

Jedi Kayben's Gamercard
Guess my game must be corrupt or something because the anchor just isnt there, it doesnt drop at all ah well, great guide though.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:39 PM   #9
tastefulmrship

Sarone T C's Gamercard
Quote:
Guess my game must be corrupt or something because the anchor just isnt there, it doesnt drop at all ah well, great guide though.
Can you see the Moai Head on that level? If not, it's screwed!
Try finding the other 8 Special Items first, then come back to Volcano. Maybe it doesn't appear until you've got the others?!?!
tastefulmrship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 07:47 PM   #10
rhino185

rhino185's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by tastefulmrship View Post
Try finding the other 8 Special Items first, then come back to Volcano. Maybe it doesn't appear until you've got the others?!?!
It appears regularly. I got it before Emerald Eye.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:17 PM   #11
starthirteen

starthirteen's Gamercard
Quote:
It took me until about my 9th time through before it fell directly in front of me. The only difference was that i had a few more shells when i finally saw the anchor. Not sure if that's significant or not.
starthirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:43 PM   #12
Mightymango

Send a message via MSN to Mightymango

MightyMango's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Mightymango   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I've been playing through Abyss for about 3 hours now. I STILL can't find all the shells even with the guide. Any tips? I have 9 of the 10.

^^ Updated 9.26.11

FORUM RULES
Read and Follow them

Mightymango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:58 PM   #13
FlamedLiquid
Banned User

FlamedLiquid's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightymango View Post
I've been playing through Abyss for about 3 hours now. I STILL can't find all the shells even with the guide. Any tips? I have 9 of the 10.
The Abyss has a few that are far out of reach and sometimes hard to see. Just keep a keen eye. If you see a small spinning yellow thing thatd be your shell. I had to throw like 5 or more items to finally hit one of the shells because it was quite a distance aways.
FlamedLiquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:48 PM   #14
tweak4ever

Send a message via AIM to tweak4ever Send a message via Skype™ to tweak4ever

tweak4ever's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
that screwed me up a little too...the guide mixes up left and right a lot...the volcano is never on your right and the statue is a full body type of thing...not just a head btw. just keep looking foward when you are going around the volcano.

my question, is why the anchor doesnt do what it supposed to...it doesnt fall every time...

Last edited by tweak4ever; 06-19-2008 at 10:54 PM. Reason: figured out my own question
tweak4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:22 AM   #15
Jedi Kayben

Jedi Kayben's Gamercard
Quote:
I have all the other special items in the game including the moai statue thing and all the shells except two. im gonna give up soon.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:03 AM   #16
tastefulmrship

Sarone T C's Gamercard
It's strange you all seem to have anchor problems... it could be time-specific?!? There are certain fish that only appear when you play the game at a different time of the day, maybe Mr Anchor is shy?!? (I hope not, but you never know!)
It dropped on my third run through Volcano, as expected, and I caught a piccie of it falling as well as lodged in the sand. It's on the LEFT (my left, the arm on the left, left-hand side) at the beginning of the dive.

The statue is called a Moai Head. It may be a larger type than most, but it's still a head! No body, normally. See Easter Island on wiki, or whatever, for more info!

(Still missing Red Snapper as it's a night-time fishie!)
tastefulmrship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:36 AM   #17
narcolepticshee

sorry bout the left/right typos guys! Was just trying to get through the guide as soon as possible!

Peace

Old 06-20-2008, 09:40 AM   #18
Randomnutta

Send a message via MSN to Randomnutta

Randomnutta's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Referrals - Bronze   Gamer Chick!   Donator - Level 1
im having trouble with Anghammarad's Anchor aswell i have all the shells and every other special item although i have not found all the creaturs so i dunno maybe that might be the key.. ill let you guys know if i get it

ok people i now know exactly how to get the anchor.. when you first start the level you see a crab on the sand throw an item at him so he runs away then the anchor will drop where the crab was in the first place.. btw thanx loads Narco your guide was a great help

Last edited by Randomnutta; 06-20-2008 at 09:54 AM.
Randomnutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:23 AM   #19
domejohnny

domejohnny's Gamercard
Took me 14 attempts for the anchor to drop and yes, it's very obvious. I did what was listed above, throwing something at the crab in the sand..he runs, it drops.
domejohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:43 AM   #20
Randomnutta

Randomnutta's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Referrals - Bronze   Gamer Chick!   Donator - Level 1
i took a few pics sorry they are kinda blury but my battery was dieing so i had to make it quick anyway i hope this helps
Attached Images
File Type: jpg run crab 1.jpg (36.1 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg run crab 2.jpg (36.1 KB, 28 views)

Old 06-20-2008, 11:23 AM   #21
Jedi Kayben

Jedi Kayben's Gamercard
Thanks loads that was driving me mad but sure enough once the crab moved it fell right away, maybe add that to the guide.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:25 AM   #22
Randomnutta

Randomnutta's Gamercard

Quote:
Thanks loads that was driving me mad but sure enough once the crab moved it fell right away, maybe add that to the guide.
happy to help i know how frustrating little things like that can get

Old 06-20-2008, 12:07 PM   #23
Hkem

Hkem's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Hi, great guide! Spotted another left/right issue. On the Ship Graveyard dive, the first coin is to the RIGHT not the left. Cheers!
Hkem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 08:05 AM   #24
narcolepticshee

He guys, Sorry about all the left/right typos - I don't know what got into me!! Anyway, I've fixed as many as I've seen and I've also fixed on how to get the anchor (Thanks to Random Nutta)

Peace

Old 06-22-2008, 04:52 PM   #25
Kaner99999

Send a message via MSN to Kaner99999

kaner99999's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
cant get the rocket squidive played through 6 times but i never went under an aztec building either cos i never got a load screen on that level can anyone help?

Kaner99999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 08:05 PM   #26
gamergirl11

mirrum's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Hmmm....interesting.

I definitely agree with doing more with the story...I definitely would've played more

currently working on: getting completion percentage up
looking to boost: AC6, Ao2, Culdcept Saga, Dark Sector, Overlord, L4D, RSV1
goal: 70,000 gs by 08/31/09
gamergirl11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 01:39 AM   #27
Perfectionist66

Carter x360a's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaner99999 View Post
cant get the rocket squidive played through 6 times but i never went under an aztec building either cos i never got a load screen on that level can anyone help?
Keep playing, it is random, I think, so just play the 3rd level over and over til it goes under.
Perfectionist66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:17 AM   #28
narcolepticshee

I'm not sure, try and throw loads of your items down underneath the 'aztec' building before you get there - I think it's luck but i think it worked for me before (or could have been coincidence )

Peace

Old 08-07-2008, 08:44 AM   #29
XBU MrHyde

XBU MrHyde's Gamercard
Thumbs up

Just want to say thanks... it helped me to get the last 2 missing achievements, esp. regaring the anchor
>75% GS Retail Games (13): Superstars Tennis, Hot Wheels: Beat That!, NHL 2K8, Cars Hook Int., NHL 08, NBA LIVE 06, NBA Street Homecourt, UEFA Euro 2008, NHL 2K9, Lips, NBA Live 09, Scene It2, NBA 2K9
100% XBLA Games (7): UNO, Sealife Safari, Dash of Destruction, 3on3 NHL, Battleship, Yahtzee, Connect 4
>75% XBLA Games (1): Backgammon
XBU MrHyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 01:25 PM   #30
Conor nolan
Banned User

xX ConorBHoY Xx's Gamercard
very nice guide thanx for the help
Conor nolan is offline   Reply With Quote