PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Strategy > Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-20-2008, 09:20 AM   #1
Chrushev

This is how you get the "Curse of the Drinking Class" (200 production achievement)

Here is how I did it, and it was easy...

1) Pick Americans as your side (it matters because they get +1 from mountains, and when u apply the multipliers to all 4+ mountains they end up getting + 100)
2) In Tech Tree you need to go as far as "Communism and Steel", dont need anything past that.

Start of a regular match (not a scenario) as americans and as soon as you get Settlers go exploring and find a mountain range with at least 4 mountains. Preferably 5. (see my screenshot about for my loc)

When I did it I was in between a U shaped range. When I did it I had 0 plains, so that city was pure industrial, i had to import all settlers for city growth (31 total max). If you cant find anything with 4+ mountains restart and do it again. Trust me I tried it with 3 and got 191 couldnt get 200.

Once you are settled in just focus on your tech, make sure to get Steel and Iron production, as well as Communism.

Once you get those start using your other cities to pump out settlers and get that city to 31 size (which is the max size)

When the city is at 31, and get the Iron Mine and you should go way past 200.

When I got the Iron mine I got to 279 total.

Im not even sure if Wonders are really necessary, I did try to build all mine in that city, but I dont think any of them gave me a bonus to production. So just to be safe do try build all urs in there.

==========

So to sum it up.

* Find a Range with 4+ mountains and build a city there
* Use other cities to pump it with 31 settlers
* Build/Research Communism, Iron Mine, Factory
* Get the Great Person to boost it (there will be at least one, just make sure not to accidentally put them in a different city)
* Try to build all wonders in that city.

Good luck
Chrushev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 02:45 PM   #2
tastefulmrship

Sarone T C's Gamercard
There are already NUMEROUS threads on this subject. Someone please close this one!
tastefulmrship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 03:29 PM   #3
BladeStrike

bladestrike360's Gamercard
Thanks for this, its nicely set out and easy to understand with a nice screenshot to help.
BladeStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 04:21 PM   #4
Chrushev

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastefulmrship View Post
There are already NUMEROUS threads on this subject. Someone please close this one!
Dude, seriously. Can you post something useful?

I wouldnt make this post unless I was god damn sure it needed to be posted. It took me 3 days of playing to get this achievement, because the other 2 posts that had anything to say about this achievement pretty much said:
Find Mountains, Use Settlers, Get lucky!

They didnt talk about tech or any specifics. About max amount of settlers, or mountain/ tech specifics, most of them didnt talk about what race to be either. In other words they werent very useful. And that shows by the fact that people post everywhere asking on how to do this, despite those posts being there. Showing that they were useless.

The reason I chose to write this up as its own thread is because it would be a lot harder to find within other posts. But here its loud and clear from the topic and easy to search for.

So if you are going to post. Please post something useful instead of retarded "omg there is another post, close this one"... just because there are "NUMEROUS" threads on this subject, doesnt mean they are any useful. So maybe you should post in those to have them closed.

Overall you seem to have a lot of rude and useless posts yourself. Like the one where you yelled at the guy for posting great persons list. Well for your information, I found that post to be extremely useful. But if it were up to you it wouldnt have existed. He did a huge favor to the community, and you yelled at him. Good judgment!

Last edited by Chrushev; 06-20-2008 at 04:27 PM.
Chrushev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 07:55 PM   #5
dark lars

yeah he's right !!!!!
dark lars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 06:42 AM   #6
tastefulmrship

Sarone T C's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrushev View Post
Good judgment!
Thank you, I appreciate that. Sometimes it's hard, but the adoration of fans makes it all worth while!
A signed photo is on it's way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrushev View Post
Overall you seem to have a lot of rude and useless posts yourself. Like the one where you yelled at the guy for posting great persons list. Well for your information, I found that post to be extremely useful. But if it were up to you it wouldnt have existed. He did a huge favor to the community, and you yelled at him.
You obviously didn't read the whole thread; I recommend you do so now and return here. A public apology won't be necessary, a PM will suffice.

And, in response to this thread in general, you have bought nothing new to the table that we have already mentioned numerous times before; mountains, settlers, Communism. If you had bothered to read some of the other threads here you would have known this.
You could've added our comments to the Achievement Guide, or PM'd the Guide writer to see if he would add your strategy to his work. There was no need to create another Production thread.

However, thank you for your time, wasted though it was.

Last edited by tastefulmrship; 06-21-2008 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Diplomacy... but I think the thread creator is immature and will react badly to my comments.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:41 AM   #7
ThunderStorm101

Send a message via MSN to ThunderStorm101

ThunderStorm101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
i wouldnt say it was a waste, i didnt read the "others" so i didnt know how to do it, so a thanks from me because thats helped a bunch
Old 06-21-2008, 01:05 PM   #8
Asholay

Asholay's Gamercard
Yeah, thanks for the post... point nicely illustrated and well though out.

I think someone needs to learn some basic manners though - plus they're riding a real high-horse with that 'apology' crap too!
Asholay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 01:31 PM   #9
tastefulmrship

Sarone T C's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asholay View Post
I think someone needs to learn some basic manners though
You're quite right; I was just trying to point out that the topic has been discussed repeatedly here and I get attacked for it! Well, excuse me for having an opinion! I'll keep it to myself in future!

Last edited by tastefulmrship; 06-21-2008 at 01:35 PM.
Old 06-21-2008, 02:30 PM   #10
Master Michl

Master Michl's Gamercard
Quote:
What you don't seem to know is that not only what you say matters but also how... Sorry but that was just extremely rude and nothing more.

Mike, dedicated gamer.
Master Michl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 02:39 PM   #11
tastefulmrship

Sarone T C's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Michl View Post
What you don't seem to know is that not only what you say matters but also how... Sorry but that was just extremely rude and nothing more.
I am sorry you see it that way. I was pointing out that there are a number of threads with the exact same strategy already in this forum. So to eliminate confusion some of them should be closed.
The information could have easily been added to the Achievement Guide thread.

Thank you for your observation. I will take better care, in future, to ensure my posts are not misconstrued. Apologies to anyone who was offended by my actions.

I do take personal offense, however, to the accusations that my posts on this thread;
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...ad.php?t=77504
are in any way rude. I was only pointing out that the way Great Persons appear seem to have nothing to do with the Tech they are associated with. The thread author took my constructive comments on-board and is presently looking into adding the information I suggested. I would like an apology for twisting my previous posts (in completely unrelated threads) to make the one I posted here look even worse than it was.

Last edited by tastefulmrship; 06-21-2008 at 02:47 PM.
Old 06-21-2008, 03:00 PM   #12
KrauseOasis BR

very good information... archievement no is hard!
KrauseOasis BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 11:16 PM   #13
Technogoat

Technogoat's Gamercard
Agreed, this was very helpful. Will try for the achievement tomorrow using this. Didn't even think to use Communism. D'oh...

Technogoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 08:55 AM   #14
the_tubster

The Tubster's Gamercard
This was really useful, thanks matey! Wouldnt of been able to figure it out myself.
the_tubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:35 AM   #15
Chud 360

Chud 360's Gamercard
Yeah, a good idea. I figured i would probobly pick this up while chasing other achievements, but this is a good rough guide
Old 06-26-2008, 06:58 PM   #16
Eatpancakes

Eatpancakes's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
don't have the game yet but it's a guarantee on the buy. Will have to remember this when I start going for the Achievements. Thank you for you time taken to make this.
Eatpancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:27 AM   #17
Chud 360

Chud 360's Gamercard
Just got this achievement using this method. Ended up with nearly 300
Old 07-11-2008, 05:52 PM   #18
reBeL

Working on this achievement as I type. Looks promising so far.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:46 PM   #19
birdshake

This guide worked perfectly. Easily got the achievement.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:37 AM   #20
seller50

Sander Dane's Gamercard
best guide i seen on this achievement so far
IMO not a waste of time
seller50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 09:18 AM   #21
reBeL

Yep. My attempt last night failed but I managed to unlock the achievement this morning.

Great guide Chrushev.
Old 07-12-2008, 02:17 PM   #22
Le Smash

Le Smash's Gamercard
Quote:
Thank you, I appreciate that. Sometimes it's hard, but the adoration of fans makes it all worth while!
A signed photo is on it's way!

You obviously didn't read the whole thread; I recommend you do so now and return here. A public apology won't be necessary, a PM will suffice.

And, in response to this thread in general, you have bought nothing new to the table that we have already mentioned numerous times before; mountains, settlers, Communism. If you had bothered to read some of the other threads here you would have known this.
You could've added our comments to the Achievement Guide, or PM'd the Guide writer to see if he would add your strategy to his work. There was no need to create another Production thread.

However, thank you for your time, wasted though it was.
He gave a screenshot, made it easy to read, added a specific technology level to achieve, and made it short. That is much better than all the other ones so please stop critiquing and just appreciate the time he spent posting this up to help others out. GET A LIFE
Le Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 08:56 PM   #23
Projekt

Having trouble finding a map with 4+ mountains together, every time it says i cant build unless there are plains near by. When I first load a map, will I be able to scan the cloudy parts to see the peaks sticking out? Thanks for the tips! I think i just need to get lucky and have a decent map load though.
Projekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 10:44 PM   #24
Classic Jackson

Yawped's Gamercard
Awesome method, thanks for the help!

Classic Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:43 AM   #25
teej

II teej II's Gamercard
awesome, this really helped me out. Thanks
teej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:21 PM   #26
gauderio

gauderio's Gamercard
Alternate method

The issue with this achv is trying to find a spot on the map and build there first. I tried the above, but started out on a smallish island with only one hill, but a lot of forests.

Using the exact same methods (Americans - get to communism and steel, produce settlers and make city 31) I was able to do this by building next to 5 forests and one small hill. I maxed out around 220. Once I got the achv, I switched the city to science and it was making 707 science per turn.
gauderio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:22 PM   #27
Tieg

Tieg's Gamercard
First off...great post and great info. Worked for me first time up with 4 peaks. Had to restart only once to get them. First time they stuck me on a island with about 5 squares.

2nd of all...I agree that the tastefulmrship is a little crude in some of his remarks...enough so that they are better off ignored but at the same time he apologizes for his comments to those offended and does have a valid point about his other post to the great people. I read through it and all of his critiques whether negative or positive were constructive and informative. Both of these posts are great posts and very informative.

For me the clincher on this was the snapshot at the top. Great posts to all.
FRIENDSHIP: A smile. A hug. A touch. A tender thought. Friends are for holding your hand, for sharing your laughter and for wiping away your tears. We all need friends. Even when we're trying to take over the universe. Only then they're just pond-life, to be used for their military knowledge and diplomatic skills, then spat out and urinated on from a great height. Proving their worth as mere stepping stones on the road to your goal as the ultimate leader. That's what friends are for.
Tieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:32 PM   #28
REDBEES

DGautreau86's Gamercard
lol, when I read tastefulmrship's posts I just imagine it's the dude in his avatar typing it. Pretty fun, try it out guys, lets you take his posts a little more lightly.
REDBEES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 04:44 AM   #29
Le Smash

Le Smash's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDBEES View Post
lol, when I read tastefulmrship's posts I just imagine it's the dude in his avatar typing it. Pretty fun, try it out guys, lets you take his posts a little more lightly.
wouldnt be surprised if it was him in the picture
Le Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:10 PM   #30
ZERoANTHeM

Send a message via MSN to ZERoANTHeM

ZERoANTHeM's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Yes, also very helpful for me. Took me 2 attemps, although i think the first failure was down to bad city placement at the start. Thanks