PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Alone in the Dark
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-24-2008, 01:16 AM   #61
IAmTheDude360

IAmTheDude360's Gamercard
Ah! I see, like a catapult rather than getting the car I'm driving in up to the root?

IAmTheDude360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 07:43 AM   #62
tpb

StalwartSnake's Gamercard
I hvnt seen any of these - or if i have I have no clue what they look like? What are they?

tpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:17 AM   #63
Asturgis
Gundam Meister

Asturgis's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Platinum   Donator - Level 5   1,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Manolo View Post
I'm in level 8 and there's a root that's like on an island and it's too far for me to throw a bottle, how do I do this?

Edit : found it, you have to take ramp southwest of the root and jump out right as you're about to take the jump because if you stay in the car you die... And then of course shoot the gas tank of your car.
Well man I am stuck here, I make the jump, the car gets there, but then I have no way to blow up the tank. The red spot just doesn't stick to it si I waste my bullets. I have tried every position,, from the ramp, on the left side on the "balcony", and I even crossed on foot on the right side where it is white on the ground. Never got the car to explode. Where did you put yourself ???

EDIT : NVM, you just have to do it again until the car is well positioned. Sometimes it lands on a position where you just can't shoot it. So kill yourself and repeat.

Last edited by Asturgis; 06-24-2008 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Done it.
Asturgis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:08 AM   #64
martsmall
Banned User

Martsmall's Gamercard
you can tape a explosive bottle 2 the other side so if u cant see the petrol tank its not a problem cause u can c the bottle
martsmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 04:39 PM   #65
Daimakaimura
Banned User

Deckers's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Manolo View Post
Remember once you press LT you set it on fire so try timing when to set it on fire, if it's to soon try pressing LT a little later.
this still doesn't explain how to do it

I'm still stuck at that single the "behind the fence" root of evil its my last one
and yet the bottle always explodes BEFORE it gets behind the fence
because the passage is too SMALL, the only thing that goes past it is a burning glass molotof trowed against the gasbottle ... stopped it near the Root and nothing Happens

anyway i'm waiting for a youtube vid for this one

EDIT: i almost had it the molotof needs to be placed on the lowest part of the metal

Last edited by Daimakaimura; 06-24-2008 at 04:50 PM.
Daimakaimura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 07:15 PM   #66
Alucrid

Alucrid's Gamercard
I missed two roots in Chapter 3, can I go back via chapter select or can I get back there in a later chapter?
Old 06-24-2008, 07:53 PM   #67
Asgorath

asgorath's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucrid View Post
I missed two roots in Chapter 3, can I go back via chapter select or can I get back there in a later chapter?
You don't need to do any roots till the start of chapter 7 and 8. Then you get sections that basically just is burning roots to get your vision powers high enough. Roots just stay in the game from the first time you encounter them till the end of the game (more and more will however popup, at chapter 8's start all will be visible). So no need to go back, do them in chapter 7 and 8.

After Chapter 8.1 it's all liniar again with no real return to the free-roaming of before that. So Finnish it up in 8.1 if you want the achievements. Mind you, I think even after you can still do them by selecting chapter 8.1. I just did so after finishing the game to get some last achievements (the combination of materials) and all the roots where gone (I burned them all in 8.1).
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that."
- Col. Tigh (BSG)

Asgorath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:08 PM   #68
Alucrid

Alucrid's Gamercard
Thanks for clearing that up for me Asgorath. Now I can enjoy the game until chapter eight.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:44 PM   #69
PeaceSquid

PeaceSquid's Gamercard
The first root in Central Park (bottom left of map, in a wet cellar of a big stately home.

I went down there, killed the bug nest thing and burned the root but that part of the radar never cleared. I went back there after doing the car jump bit to double check and the root's gone and I did pick up 2 spectral vision points but the GPS is still jammed.

did I miss one?
Old 06-25-2008, 08:03 PM   #70
FascistCat

FascistCat's Gamercard
I noticed earlier people talking about the root on 8.1 in the NW corner (the one w/ Vampirz). I never could find a ledge to hop on and reach it, but I WAS able to park my car under it and jump on top. Even though the Vampirz attacked me, I was able to barely reach it with a bottle of alcohol and I shot it. Hope this helps anyone with a problem.
FascistCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 08:07 PM   #71
Asgorath

asgorath's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceSquid View Post
The first root in Central Park (bottom left of map, in a wet cellar of a big stately home.

I went down there, killed the bug nest thing and burned the root but that part of the radar never cleared. I went back there after doing the car jump bit to double check and the root's gone and I did pick up 2 spectral vision points but the GPS is still jammed.

did I miss one?
You missed two actually. It's quite hard to see, but where you got the first one on the wall there is an electircal box. Connect the wire's to make a lift appear, take the lift and upstairs are two more roots (watch out for the fisure that will come at you).
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that."
- Col. Tigh (BSG)

Old 06-25-2008, 08:53 PM   #72
PeaceSquid

PeaceSquid's Gamercard
thanks man!
Old 06-26-2008, 07:56 AM   #73
Snugglepuffle

Send a message via Yahoo to Snugglepuffle

Snugglepuffle's Gamercard
i'm on chapter 6 at the moment and i'm doing the root thats right next to the big lake [go inside teh building, down to ladders into the black stuff on the floor] its protected by the metal fencing and everytime i throw a bottle it sticks to the fence. tried all sorts of combinations of throwing techniques different lengths/heights etc and having no luck. any ideas?
any tips on getting out of said room as well? i tried throwing glowsticks into spots where i would need them [ie. the corner and right in front of the ladder] but the one i throw towards the ladder keeps moving with the black liquid :|
sorry >.<

Last edited by Snugglepuffle; 06-26-2008 at 08:08 AM.
Snugglepuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:33 AM   #74
PeaceSquid

PeaceSquid's Gamercard
I'm currently in the museum. Does anyone know if it's possible to get that root I missed? Do you end up going back outside? Or can I use the scene select thing to get it (without messing up my achievements)?
Old 06-26-2008, 10:33 AM   #75
BlackyBhoy

Blacky1888's Gamercard
How many roots are there in the game?
BlackyBhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 02:11 PM   #76
Raining Light

Decaying Light's Gamercard
some good info and tips thanks
Old 06-26-2008, 07:51 PM   #77
Asgorath

asgorath's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snugglepuffle View Post
i'm on chapter 6 at the moment and i'm doing the root thats right next to the big lake [go inside teh building, down to ladders into the black stuff on the floor] its protected by the metal fencing and everytime i throw a bottle it sticks to the fence. tried all sorts of combinations of throwing techniques different lengths/heights etc and having no luck. any ideas?
any tips on getting out of said room as well? i tried throwing glowsticks into spots where i would need them [ie. the corner and right in front of the ladder] but the one i throw towards the ladder keeps moving with the black liquid :|
sorry >.<
See previous answers as this one has been asked before and been answered before in this topic.

Basically: Sticky to a bottle, throw on it on one of the metal things that can move, use the machine to make it move to the root, stop it again. shoot it... BOOM
- Col. Tigh (BSG)

Old 06-26-2008, 07:53 PM   #78
Asgorath

asgorath's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceSquid View Post
I'm currently in the museum. Does anyone know if it's possible to get that root I missed? Do you end up going back outside? Or can I use the scene select thing to get it (without messing up my achievements)?
You can do all roots at late as episode 8.1 (when you also will finally get them all). But not after anymore, al through I think you can just do them skipping back to 8.1 and just continuing then after having finished the game. Dunno, I cleared them all out in 8.1. You can't "miss" one before that.
- Col. Tigh (BSG)

Old 06-26-2008, 08:31 PM   #79
asmithz

lI SMITH lI's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgorath View Post
You missed two actually. It's quite hard to see, but where you got the first one on the wall there is an electircal box. Connect the wire's to make a lift appear, take the lift and upstairs are two more roots (watch out for the fisure that will come at you).
I went up there but could only find one root
asmithz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:16 AM   #80
ldsdrive

LDS Drive's Gamercard
One question, guys. Which is the episode/part to start looking for roots? Since I haven't finished the game yet and I'm not sure if certain areas of Central Park are locked until later in the game. Thanks.

I have the Prima guide and it shows where all the roots are but don't know if it's ok to show them here though.

Last edited by ldsdrive; 06-27-2008 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Added one more question.
ldsdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 01:26 PM   #81
PeaceSquid

PeaceSquid's Gamercard
Quote:
You can do all roots at late as episode 8.1 (when you also will finally get them all). But not after anymore, al through I think you can just do them skipping back to 8.1 and just continuing then after having finished the game. Dunno, I cleared them all out in 8.1. You can't "miss" one before that.
thanks again Asgorath.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:41 PM   #82
Monkeyman 8322

Send a message via Skype™ to Monkeyman 8322

BatByte's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold
How many roots are there?
Monkeyman 8322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 05:51 PM   #83
ldsdrive

LDS Drive's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyman 8322 View Post
How many roots are there?
There are 27 roots.

Last edited by ldsdrive; 06-27-2008 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Correction.
ldsdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 06:13 PM   #84
Monkeyman 8322

Send a message via Skype™ to Monkeyman 8322

BatByte's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold
I thought there were more. Thanks though
Monkeyman 8322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:09 PM   #85
Asgorath

asgorath's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by asmithz View Post
I went up there but could only find one root
Scout it out again, only 3 (or 4?) rooms basically. The central one where you came in and a root on the left in one of the rooms there (a bit where the fisure comes from that attacks you) and one in the right room (where you can also climb down out of the window).
- Col. Tigh (BSG)

Old 06-28-2008, 07:20 PM   #86
BlackyBhoy

Blacky1888's Gamercard
How do you do the one where its on an island of its own cos whenever i drive my car over the ramp and land next to it i die and the game reloads?
BlackyBhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 05:42 PM   #87
knockton55

Hi Janice's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Thanks alot for the help with the Roots
knockton55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:23 PM   #88
Asgorath

asgorath's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackyBhoy View Post
How do you do the one where its on an island of its own cos whenever i drive my car over the ramp and land next to it i die and the game reloads?
Jump out of the car so you stay behind while the car flies over the ramp...
- Col. Tigh (BSG)

Old 06-30-2008, 09:40 PM   #89
uberviolence

uberviolence's Gamercard
Quote:
I can't get the fuse box to work, gone through all the combination (started on left set cycle through right, switch wire on left, cycle through right again) and none of them worked (blue+blue electrocuted me)

Think this might be a bug, anyone else had this problem ?
uberviolence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:49 PM   #90
madcap1

Send a message via MSN to madcap1

madcap182's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberviolence View Post
I can't get the fuse box to work, gone through all the combination (started on left set cycle through right, switch wire on left, cycle through right again) and none of them worked (blue+blue electrocuted me)

Think this might be a bug, anyone else had this problem ?
Dont hold the wires so close if you have a ark you have the right ones, just keep one hand back and bring the other one in slowly. Also if you are where I think you are You need to watch the lights in the fusebox. Only connect the wires, when itīs green...I think it does a little beep as well.

Please send a message along with a friends request. No message = it will just get denied. Thanks

Last edited by madcap1; 06-30-2008 at 09:55 PM.
madcap1 is offline   Reply With Quote