PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Community and Events > Ambassadors
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-18-2013, 02:39 PM   #121
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Doug View Post
If you want to start a new tag you would have needed to change the name of your current tag anyway, so that xhunter x360a was available. Assuming you are keeping the name, of course. And yeah, we'd prefer that your old tag not have x360a in it.

Starting over is a measure of last resort for me.
Okay, once I decide if I am going with a new tag or reusing my current one, I'll get to work on getting the changes made and letting y'all know what has changed.

EDIT: I moved "xhunter x360a" to my new account, so nothing has changed except my gamerscore, basically. Thanks for all the help!

Last edited by xhunterrrr; 08-18-2013 at 04:32 PM.
xhunterrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:35 AM   #122
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
I may be steering this discussion further off topic - if it already is off topic - but I'm in the same boat as Walter and Hunter in that I'm completely undecided whether I should create a new tag or not. I'm not that attached to my tag, but I hate some of the games I have on it, and while I agree with Troy that it's somewhat depressing, it's also exciting to start over fresh. What to do, what to do.

Thanks to Slaughter for the stupendously stylistic signature.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:52 AM   #123
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
I may be steering this discussion further off topic - if it already is off topic - but I'm in the same boat as Walter and Hunter in that I'm completely undecided whether I should create a new tag or not. I'm not that attached to my tag, but I hate some of the games I have on it, and while I agree with Troy that it's somewhat depressing, it's also exciting to start over fresh. What to do, what to do.
You could always make a new tag and keep your current one in case you decide you want to stick with it (that's what I did).
Old 08-19-2013, 12:59 PM   #124
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy0891 x360a View Post
Clearly we are very different people. I find the idea of starting over to be rather depressing.
Same, I'm rather attached to my account in it's current state.

Quote:
What to do, what to do.
Grab a beer. It always helps.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:02 PM   #125
Grifter Reborn

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Just a reminder, if you're competing in GSL it can't be on a new tag. You need an achievement unlocked from a year ago.

Also, keep in mind that we will have discussions regarding a new designation when the site finalizes the new domain. So patience could be important.

Change is inevitable.

Grifter Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:43 PM   #126
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter Reborn View Post
Just a reminder, if you're competing in GSL it can't be on a new tag. You need an achievement unlocked from a year ago.

Also, keep in mind that we will have discussions regarding a new designation when the site finalizes the new domain. So patience could be important.
Don't worry, I am not participating in GSL. I actually know very little about it. Maybe next year!

And I don't mind changing my GT for the new designation when it comes time. Maybe I will be able to get Hunter _____!
Old 08-19-2013, 06:52 PM   #127
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
Grab a beer. It always helps.
I'll grab two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
You could always make a new tag and keep your current one in case you decide you want to stick with it (that's what I did).
I might end up waiting it out and seeing how it looks (gamercard history) on the X1. I think W.W. said this, but if it shows everything - both last gen and current - and my god, that'll look ugly...I might end up changing it.

Old 08-21-2013, 10:40 PM   #128
Invoked by Red

I'd like to be an Ambassador here but I don't want to change my name, nor is my profile public, so I'm kind of stuck in a difficult position. I have seen a lot of people reference x360a in various forms!
Invoked by Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:29 PM   #129
Jappe XBA

Send a message via Skype™ to Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invoked by Red View Post
I'd like to be an Ambassador here but I don't want to change my name, nor is my profile public, so I'm kind of stuck in a difficult position. I have seen a lot of people reference x360a in various forms!
We are always looking for good ways to represent the site.

Currently we require 500 non-spam posts on the forums to become an Official Ambassador.

You can read more about the restrictions HERE.

Thanks for your interest in the Ambassador Program!
Jappe XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:11 PM   #130
Miss Tracey

miss tracey xox's Gamercard
Wondering

I may have missed this but are you required to change your gamertag for this?
Miss Tracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:14 PM   #131
Miss Tracey

miss tracey xox's Gamercard
Oh

Looks like I found my answer. Its a shame. I wouldn't change my GT for anything but I'm already an Xbox Ambassador and was going to work my way up to one on here.
Miss Tracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:46 PM   #132
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tracey View Post
Looks like I found my answer. Its a shame. I wouldn't change my GT for anything but I'm already an Xbox Ambassador and was going to work my way up to one on here.
You don't have to change it if you become a Promoter.
Old 11-13-2013, 03:40 PM   #133
TrevelyanL85A2

Send a message via ICQ to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via AIM to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via MSN to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via Yahoo to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via Skype™ to TrevelyanL85A2

trevl85a2 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Donator - Level 5   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:

Guess I'll have to look it up to see what it is, but I have to warn you: I'm WAY out of practice on ME3, so rusty may be an understatement!
Of course if you still need help on Borderlands 2, I'm good to go on that too.
I'm already a Repper but I could definitely use some help with Borderlands 1 and 2.

Need Help with the Following:
Arcade: South Park
Retail: See gamertag for list.

10000 GS 5 Jul. 2009:
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2
20000 GS 6 Jun. 2010: Gears of War 2
30000 GS 1 Jan. 2011: Call of Duty: World at War
40000 GS 11 Nov. 2011: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
50000 GS 10 Feb. 2013: Dead Space 3

TrevelyanL85A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 04:03 PM   #134
Grifter Reborn

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevelyanL85A2 View Post
I'm already a Repper but I could definitely use some help with Borderlands 1 and 2.
I can usually spare some time on the weekends if I'm online. Hit me up over XBL sometime.

Also, your sig is a little long, only allowed 6 lines of text.

Also also, your gamercard will show up if you have it added to your profile exactly as it is on Xbox.com. It will update after a few hours.

Change is inevitable.

Old 01-15-2014, 11:11 PM   #135
Metabolic XBA
Fear is why you fail...

Metabolic XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   XBA Representer   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   CABS Beta Tester   Donator - Level 3   1,000 Posts
I see the new ambassador sign up thread has the XBA Representer rank, has the final decision been made on that tag now? I don't want to end up having to pat to change my tag twice, once I don't mind to keep up with the direction the site is moving.

**Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig**

Metabolic XBA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:13 PM   #136
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metabolic x360a View Post
I see the new ambassador sign up thread has the XBA Representer rank, has the final decision been made on that tag now? I don't want to end up having to pat to change my tag twice, once I don't mind to keep up with the direction the site is moving.
XBA seems to be final. Around 5 people have already changed their tags.

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:31 PM   #137
Metabolic XBA
Fear is why you fail...

Metabolic XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   XBA Representer   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   CABS Beta Tester   Donator - Level 3   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barad View Post
XBA seems to be final. Around 5 people have already changed their tags.
Yeah I just saw the other post Grifter made about it being official.

**Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig**

Metabolic XBA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 03:17 PM   #138
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

So I noticed there's a new XBA Rep tier. Will there be a separate XBA Promoter tier, or is the Promoter tier not changing?

Old 01-31-2014, 03:25 PM   #139
Grifter Reborn

Quote:
So I noticed there's a new XBA Rep tier. Will there be a separate XBA Promoter tier, or is the Promoter tier not changing?
The long answer from my thread about changes:

Quote:
The first thing is for the current and potential promoters, until the 360 has died off more or if MicroSoft makes up its mind about profiles in smartglass and on the XB1 (since they don't view profiles and mottos correctly) we will leave the "Promoter" tier alone for now. Most members are still using the 360 and x360a.org still redirects to the new site. However, there's room on the motto line for "xboxachievements.com" (without the www) so any promoters may use whichever one they want for the time being.

Short answer: Not changing right now.

Change is inevitable.

Old 01-31-2014, 03:52 PM   #140
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
The long answer from my thread about changes:

Short answer: Not changing right now.
Wow - I completely overlooked that Thanks for the reply, Grifter.

Old 03-30-2014, 08:33 AM   #141
Selections
Trance Connoisseur

Selections XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Donator - Level 5   Subscriber - Silver   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth
Quick couple of questions; do I still need to post in the sign-up thread to change my GT from x360a to XBA? Once this is done will I automatically get changed on the Ambassador roster or should I PM Grifter as well?

Also, JDM vouched/approved my application way back in 2009. Noticed that there's a 500 post limit now. Does this affect me in any way?

Selections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 11:49 AM   #142
Grifter Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selections View Post
Quick couple of questions; do I still need to post in the sign-up thread to change my GT from x360a to XBA? Once this is done will I automatically get changed on the Ambassador roster or should I PM Grifter as well?
Just toss me a PM when you change your tag to XBA. I'll update the roster and submit you for the XBA Rep award.

Quote:
Also, JDM vouched/approved my application way back in 2009. Noticed that there's a 500 post limit now. Does this affect me in any way?
Nope. Doesn't affect you.

Change is inevitable.

Old 05-01-2014, 09:49 PM   #143
Puppys
Queen's Final Reign

Send a message via Skype™ to Puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Subscriber - Gold   Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold
Total Awards: 36 (more» ...)
I decided it was time to become an ambassador because the TA community has been getting worse and worse lately. With the addition of sessions and much better achievement guides here I haven't been using it as often, either.

Woot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explicitlyy View Post
I love when people call me a "hacker" because I'm better than them at the game. Like dude, come on, just get good.
Puppys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:44 PM   #144
Jappe XBA

Send a message via Skype™ to Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Even though I'm not in the team anymore, glad to hear that, Puppy
Jappe XBA is offline   Reply With Quote