PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Ninety-Nine Nights
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-21-2007, 01:31 AM   #31
moosedog

thanks for the info. this game is a real drag, my freakin thumb hurts from mashing. but all in the name of achievment points
moosedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 09:02 PM   #32
GalaxyRed13

Send a message via AIM to GalaxyRed13 Send a message via Yahoo to GalaxyRed13

MarkMagmonic's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Weapon mistake.

Since this has to do with obtaining a weapon, and getting a S Rank, I figured it would fit here. If not, I guess it can be moved to the right place.

The Achievement Guide mentioned that you can get Aspharr's level 7 weapon, Neredis Spear, by getting an S Rank in Ywa-Ue-Uar Forest (I've checked other sites, and for some reason, they list the same thing), but when I got an S Rank, I got a Deadly Armband instead.

Is it possible that you get different rewards for obtaining S Rank during both paths of Aspharr's story, or something? When I got this S Rank, I got the "bad" ending (Inphyy's killed, and Aspharr kills the goblin king), mainly because I was trying to unlock all of Aspharr's stages (I didn't have the fort unlocked, since I did the other ending first).
GalaxyRed13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 09:20 PM   #33
killlah631

Weezy x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Thanks for this guide..hopefully I'll be able to run through the game only once besides that BS level 9 thing...This game takes way tooooo long.

Completed Retails:

GSL V The CURSE
Start Score: 38,700|+5,670|+2,225|+2,295|+2,675|+2,210|

thanks to Skillet98!
killlah631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 05:28 AM   #34
GalaxyRed13

MarkMagmonic's Gamercard

Never mind about my previous post. I figured out what I had to do. My difficulty level was too high in the level, so I had to bring it down to 3 first (which isn't even mentioned in the guide).
Old 10-12-2007, 06:22 PM   #35
xENVxGAMERSKREW

Send a message via ICQ to xENVxGAMERSKREW Send a message via AIM to xENVxGAMERSKREW Send a message via MSN to xENVxGAMERSKREW Send a message via Yahoo to xENVxGAMERSKREW Send a message via Skype™ to xENVxGAMERSKREW

xENVxGAMERSKREW's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
my god i got bored of the repetitiveness but with a guide should be a quick 750gs (i already have 250 :P )
Old 10-13-2007, 03:07 AM   #36
GalaxyRed13

MarkMagmonic's Gamercard

Okay, I think I'm losing my mind on getting A Rank on Inphhy's forest level. A lot of people that have had this problem say things like using a low level weapon, and cursed choker, to get a high combo, but people have been listing combos upwards to 5,000 or more, and the highest I can go is just under 2,000. Others have also listed how many enemies they've killed normally, and in orb spark, and it seems like I'm higher in those regards. The only things I'm not as high on is the combos and guard success rate (which is only really ten points lower than most have said).

Here's what I have on the level:
Time - 00:19:05
Kills - 1,077
Standard - 1,065
Orb Spark - 74
Orbs Obtained - 8,232
Max Combo - 1,192
Guard Survival Rate - 63%
Bonuses - 800
Rank - B
Old 10-13-2007, 04:01 AM   #37
daewezzy

Send a message via AIM to daewezzy

DAEWEZZY's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyRed13 View Post
Okay, I think I'm losing my mind on getting A Rank on Inphhy's forest level. A lot of people that have had this problem say things like using a low level weapon, and cursed choker, to get a high combo, but people have been listing combos upwards to 5,000 or more, and the highest I can go is just under 2,000. Others have also listed how many enemies they've killed normally, and in orb spark, and it seems like I'm higher in those regards. The only things I'm not as high on is the combos and guard success rate (which is only really ten points lower than most have said).

Here's what I have on the level:
Time - 00:19:05
Kills - 1,077
Standard - 1,065
Orb Spark - 74
Orbs Obtained - 8,232
Max Combo - 1,192
Guard Survival Rate - 63%
Bonuses - 800
Rank - B
Actually I think you need a higher Orb Spark count.

Looking to boost for GRAW 2 (Co-op DLC) & MoH: Airborne. Send me a FR with a message!
daewezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 07:49 PM   #38
blue1878

OK people i REALLY........ REALLY need some help i have worked my ass off through NNN and all i need is Aspharr's Castle of Varrvazzar A OR S ranking then i have my achievement however i have read through every piece of advice i can find online every tip and hint and i have played through the level at least 20 times but i still can ONLY get a "B" i really need some help as tp what i am doing wrong i have tried lowering my weapon and items sto hinder killing enemies for better combos i have tried using both the red orb spark and blue orb spark to kill but still no "A" rank

will someone please help?????
blue1878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 08:33 PM   #39
xRogue 5x

xRogue 5x's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Gamerscore League Season 7 Winner   x360a Book Club   Achievement Guide - Bronze   GTA IV Subscribers Tournament - Second Place   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
I think number of enemies killed and having a good max orb spark are the two most important factors while going for the A ranks in the levels. It's been a long while since i've played this game so i'm a little hazy as to the ins and outs of it.

That level was probably the biggest pain for me as well. During that time I stumbled across a video on youtube of someone playing the different levels and it really helped.

Ranked #1 in Utah, 1'st to 100,200,300k in Utah
235 retail complete, 26 arcade complete
Gsl season 7 champion!
xRogue 5x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 08:22 AM   #40
blue1878

ok thanks does anyone have any links of videos that show the levels being played i only really need aspharrs castle level but any help is much appreciated thanks i'm tearing my hair out now please help lol i am close to getting rid of this game as it is lol
Old 10-15-2007, 08:55 AM   #41
blue1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue1878 View Post
ok thanks does anyone have any links of videos that show the levels being played i only really need aspharrs castle level but any help is much appreciated thanks i'm tearing my hair out now please help lol i am close to getting rid of this game as it is lol
ALSO IF ANYONE COULD PLEASE CHCK THEIR OWN MISSION STATS AND LIST THEM THEN I KNOW WHAT I NEED TO AIM FOR SCORE WISE SO ANY WITH AN "A" OR "S" YOUR MISSION STATS WOULD REALLY HELP ME OUT AGAIN ITS ASPHARR'S CASTLE MISSION I NEED THEM FOR THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:56 PM   #42
Andrew x360a
Guide Team

Andrew x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Guide Team   Staff Club - DEG23   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Subscriber - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Silver   x360a Representer   Micro Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Damn, this is sweet. Thanks so much for the work.
Andrew x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 01:47 AM   #43
VinasErgoth

Send a message via MSN to VinasErgoth

VinasErgoth's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Having a lot of trouble with Dwingvatt's last mission; Pholya Flatlands. Can't seem to do any better than a B. Here's my results:
  • Time: 00:07:30
  • Kills: 850
    • Standard: 744
    • Orb Spark: 106
  • Orbs Obtained: 6600
  • Max Combo: 1088
  • Guard Survival Rate (%): 47
Any know how I can improve my rank?
VinasErgoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:21 PM   #44
crazy 1

Send a message via AIM to crazy 1 Send a message via MSN to crazy 1
Aspharr-Castle of Varrvazzar

Vigk Vagk-Pholya Flatlands
Inphyy-Ywa-Ue-Uar forest

is this for asphaar or the goblin? because i mastered that little bastard

Last edited by CovertDog; 12-16-2007 at 07:10 PM.
crazy 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 06:08 AM   #45
SynysterChris

Send a message via MSN to SynysterChris

SynysterChris's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
thanks, much help
SynysterChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 07:03 PM   #46
AdamKoyo

SentientMachine's Gamercard
thx alot, completely new to the achievements-thingy..just got a 360 actually..but N3 will be one of my first 1000's I hope.
AdamKoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 06:06 AM   #47
mig029

x mig 29 x's Gamercard
thanks

just got the game and couldn't figure out what i was doing wrong
Old 01-15-2008, 06:30 PM   #48
Crimson Drifter

Crimson Drifter's Gamercard
Good stuff guys. I just got my "A" for Inphyys Forest Level and now all I have left is Aspharrs Castel of Varvazzar. ungg and from the sounds of you guys its gonna be one hell of battle. well time to get hackin' and slashin'!!

If and when I manage an "A" I'll be sure to post my stats somewhere.

*Edit*

haha after my first attempt( besides my first just going through his missions) I managed an "A" ranking. Here are my stats:

Time: 00:25:40
Kills: 705
Standard Attack: 630
Orb Spark: 75
Orbs Obtained: 8079
Max Combo: 4385
Guard Survival Rate: 53%
Successful Missions: 2
Bonuses: 1800

Rank "A"

I'm sure my high combo knocked me over to an "A" as well as picking up a lot of items and keeping the King healthy.

I hope this provides a good back drop on what is needed for an "A" and hopes this helps all of you guys having trouble with this mission

100% Retail: (x21) Assassin's Creed,Beowulf,
Blue Dragon, Cars, Enchanted Arms, Eragon, Fight Night Round 3, Gun, Jericho, King Kong,
Lost Planet, NBA 2K6, Oblivion, Phantasy Star Universe, Prey, Samurai Warriors 2, Shrek, Superman Returns, The Simpsons, TMNT,
Tomb Raider: Legend

100% Arcade: (x6) Aegis Wing, Castlevania: SOTN, Contra, Crystal Quest, Golden Axe, Sonic 2

Last edited by Crimson Drifter; 01-15-2008 at 07:19 PM. Reason: additional information
Crimson Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 05:03 AM   #49
A PoopSandwich

A PoopSandwich's Gamercard
I looks very interesting, but being the ADD kid I am, a wall of text is not my best friend! I'll try to read it sometime!
A PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 09:50 AM   #50
Tenacious C DSM

Tenacious C DSM's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
This is very helpfull thank you! what is the most helpfull aspect of the various factors to focus on? ie if there are many extra enemies i could run off to kill should i do that and take a bit longer to finish the mission or is the quicker time more important. also the same with items, should i run off for chests or leave them?

Tenacious C DSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:21 AM   #51
JiveT

OpticDash's Gamercard
I think with Inphyys Forest Level getting an A has to do something with getting a big combo because I have done everything but that according to some of these people's scores and not gotten A.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:31 PM   #52
AOS Puck

AOS Puck's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   2,500 Posts   Staff/Subscriber Last Man Standing - Third Place   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck   XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiveT View Post
I think with Inphyys Forest Level getting an A has to do something with getting a big combo because I have done everything but that according to some of these people's scores and not gotten A.
Yeah, getting a big combo is what got me over the hump. I ended up getting like a 3000 hit combo on the little frog guys when the fat one appeared.

Read them.... apply them.
AOS Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:47 AM   #53
JohnScud

JohnScud's Gamercard
Does getting orbs count towards getting a A-rank?
JohnScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 11:18 PM   #54
DuncanR2N

DuncanR2N's Gamercard
How are you getting such a high combo on Inphyy's forest level?

I've played this mission 9 times now and I'm still only getting a 'B'

The highest combo I've ever pulled off was around a 1000, there's just never enough enemies to get higher than that.

Here's the stats from my last playthrough:

Time: 00:17:04
Kills: 1071
Standard Attack: 962
Orb Spark: 109
Orbs Obtained: 8022
Max Combo: 352
Guard Survival Rate (%): 63
Successful Missions: 9
Bonuses: 700

Rank B
Old 08-21-2008, 10:33 PM   #55
lord maiden

lord maiden's Gamercard
the original thread that this is for is locked.
i tried getting an A ranking on imphys forest level, and after trying what other people said to do on here and i still was not getting an A rank.

i tried this way, after a bit of thought and got an A ranking for it. although the hit combo was low, i had a high one from doing this mission before, so best to do it twice or more.
here's the method:
  1. select archers and leave them
  2. go around and kill, when multiple red spots appear on map, lure them together for orb sparks
  3. make sure you have full blue spark for pucks (the orange frogs and can be done.) and use it when they are all together.
  4. make sure you have full red bar for the goasts at the north-west corner and use it there.
  5. when moved again, get soldiers immediatly and use red orb spark when you can with enemies around
  6. continue to boss and kill some baddies to ger full blue bar then use it.
  7. if you have armband that the moves that consumes orb spark don't consume them, use butterfly move. if not, try to attack and dodge his.
should get A ranking, if you have the high hit combo from a previous try. i tried about 5-7 times. hope this helps.

Last edited by lord maiden; 08-21-2008 at 10:47 PM. Reason: first thread and don't know what i was doing
lord maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 04:37 PM   #56
wgpfly

Elmo TeH AzN's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Ywa Ue Uar Help

How in the hell do you get an A Ranking on this missio. Im only able to get a B ranking on this.

Current Goals
200K 75% Completion.
wgpfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 06:09 PM   #57
sharno

sharno's Gamercard
check out this thread i have a post in here that might help u

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...ead.php?t=9580
Old 12-01-2008, 07:38 AM   #58
1337Pwner

HummusPlunger's Gamercard
Probably a dumb question, but it's one I would rather know. What other attacks are there besides the normal X and Y combinations? What are Orbs for? I was hoping this game might have a tutorial or something, but I didn't see one.
1337Pwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:52 PM   #59
Goobines99

Gubbins99's Gamercard
Inphyy - Forest of Ywa-Ue-Uar

No matter how many times I try I just can't seem to A rank this level >.< It's the only one I need for the achievement. I was wondering if anyone could post a guide of what they did on the level (where they used their orb spark, what gear they were using etc.). Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Goobines99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:20 PM   #60
lord maiden

lord maiden's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobines99 View Post
No matter how many times I try I just can't seem to A rank this level >.< It's the only one I need for the achievement. I was wondering if anyone could post a guide of what they did on the level (where they used their orb spark, what gear they were using etc.). Any info would be greatly appreciated.
check my post above, i recommend doing it twice and having a few targets, like first time, get combo's and kills. second time, do it fast. it should do the best of for the rank, not just for that one time, as i found out.
lord maiden is offline   Reply With Quote