PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Ninety-Nine Nights
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-06-2008, 09:58 AM   #61
Helg0r

toxik helg0r's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
or try this:

- get as many orb-boosting equipment as you can (Orb Sword, Orb Charms...) to build up your orb gauge quickly
- select archers and leave them at the start... run around and try to collect a huge mob of enemies (the Phwuk-scene will be triggered at around 400 kills so abuse this method to get in a few extra orbs/kills)
- when the Phwuks appear select your weakest weapon and any attack power-lowering equipment and try to get your combo up (2000+) - there is a combo where Inphyy jumps in the air and rotates her sword like a helicopter blade - simply mash Y? don't know for sure - this will work even on dead enemies (for a limited time)
- after this switch your equipment back to orb-boosting stuff and complete the mission normally - remember to use your orb spark at least once (the biggest group of enemies seems to be the one directly after the army of nights...)

what really did it for me was the high combo, so you might want to focus a little bit on that part... hope this helps

Seringue Absorption Torture Alienation Nihilism
e
Helg0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:16 PM   #62
BlueAce151

AbK Liberator's Gamercard
This game...

Is a lot harder than expected. I bought it, thinking it would be a simple 1k, but i was wrong. I like it, but the thing that makes me so mad is that when you die, and your almost done with the mission, you have to start over. (No Checkpoints???) But I am still going to aim for the 1k.

Alone in the Dark, Army of Two (1045), CoD 4, Fable II (1100), King Kong, Madden NFL 06,
Madden NFL 07, Madden NFL 08, Madden NFL 09, Madden NFL 10, NFL Tour, Red Faction (1250), TMNT, X-Men

-Arcade 200+-
Dash of Destruction, Small Arms (235)
BlueAce151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 02:32 AM   #63
Elijan Bylai

Send a message via MSN to Elijan Bylai

VeshaNyaJebezel's Gamercard
This game is driving me insane. After coming back to it after nearly 2 years of no longer playing it, I finally get all A/S ranks with all characters. Yet, I see no achievement unlocked for it. I made seperate saves for all characters so I don't see the problem.

Edit: Nevermind. I just did a mission with both Inphyy and Aspharr and got the achievement after seeing the results of Aspharr's mission. >_>

Last edited by Elijan Bylai; 01-08-2009 at 02:38 AM. Reason: Correction
Elijan Bylai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:58 PM   #64
BlueAce151

AbK Liberator's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijan Bylai View Post
This game is driving me insane. After coming back to it after nearly 2 years of no longer playing it, I finally get all A/S ranks with all characters. Yet, I see no achievement unlocked for it. I made seperate saves for all characters so I don't see the problem.

Edit: Nevermind. I just did a mission with both Inphyy and Aspharr and got the achievement after seeing the results of Aspharr's mission. >_>
Good job. I wish i could say the same for myself, but i still havent beaten the game with all characters lol.

I'm currently on Tyurru, then i got Klarann and them Vigk Vagk.

Alone in the Dark, Army of Two (1045), CoD 4, Fable II (1100), King Kong, Madden NFL 06,
Madden NFL 07, Madden NFL 08, Madden NFL 09, Madden NFL 10, NFL Tour, Red Faction (1250), TMNT, X-Men

-Arcade 200+-
Dash of Destruction, Small Arms (235)
BlueAce151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 04:40 PM   #65
Slim Pizza Boy

Slim Pizza Boy's Gamercard
In Aspharr's level Castle of Varrvazzarr, I can get a rank b with 220 points. WTF? What is the cut off for a A?

edit
well after looking around and trying some stuff I finally got it.

Time 19:58
Kills 801
Standard Attack 779
Orb Spark 22
Orbs 6446
Max Combo 841
Guard Survival Rate 38
Successful Missions 8
Bonuses 2000

My only advice is to get the combo up. I did what the guy said at the start of this thread for this mission. Go down the winding road and try to get a high combo. Good luck!!! Keep trying!

Last edited by Slim Pizza Boy; 01-16-2009 at 05:30 PM.
Slim Pizza Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:01 PM   #66
hoshi_asuko

Send a message via Yahoo to hoshi_asuko

SaintNyxia's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Yeah the A achievement is going to take some time and effort, but damn 200 points....yeah, I attempting it!

I think this will really help. The time should be my only area that I may have a problem with....

thanks for the help ^___^
hoshi_asuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 01:17 AM   #67
KoHSilence

KoH Silence's Gamercard
Inphyy Final Mission..Help

Okay, iono what im doing wrong but I can never get an A rank in this mission. I've tried over and over. I don't understand how your suppose to get 95 points....I go through the mission. I kill about 1,200 people takes me about 15mins and I get 44pts.

Now I read your suppose to kill all the enemies but I don't see how its even possible. Randomly when im fighting I get the stupid cutscene that says whats his face is there and it teleports me and im not aloud to go back.

Any suggestions on this? Cause I don't understand.

Also, where is this "Special Mission" or w/e? I don't see it.

"It ain't the fall that kills ya....its the sudden stop at the bottom"

Last edited by KoHSilence; 02-25-2009 at 01:20 AM.
KoHSilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:41 AM   #68
Helg0r

toxik helg0r's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze
I quote myself:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helg0r View Post
- get as many orb-boosting equipment as you can (Orb Sword, Orb Charms...) to build up your orb gauge quickly
- select archers and leave them at the start... run around and try to collect a huge mob of enemies (the Phwuk-scene will be triggered at around 400 kills so abuse this method to get in a few extra orbs/kills)
- when the Phwuks appear select your weakest weapon and any attack power-lowering equipment and try to get your combo up (2000+) - there is a combo where Inphyy jumps in the air and rotates her sword like a helicopter blade - simply mash Y? don't know for sure - this will work even on dead enemies (for a limited time)
- after this switch your equipment back to orb-boosting stuff and complete the mission normally - remember to use your orb spark at least once (the biggest group of enemies seems to be the one directly after the army of nights...)

what really did it for me was the high combo, so you might want to focus a little bit on that part... hope this helps

Seringue Absorption Torture Alienation Nihilism
e
Helg0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:03 PM   #69
Stylish DanteS

Send a message via MSN to Stylish DanteS

Stylish DanteS's Gamercard
THANKS! that did helped me alot! i was having troubles with that one
Stylish DanteS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:14 AM   #70
TJDoc85

TJDoc85's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Heres my stats:
Time: 00:15:31
Kills: 1150
Standard Attack: 981
Orb Spark: 169
Orbs Obtained: 9533
Max Combo: 861
Guard Survival Rate (%): 55
Successful Missions: 5
Bonuses: 800

TJDoc85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 04:30 PM   #71
Tahae T

Send a message via MSN to Tahae T

Tahae T's Gamercard
you dont even say what charachter your using to do this - and as for the post above mine, my stats are better than what you posted yet i still only get a B rank on inphhy and she is level 9 - yes i do use the cursed items and my basic weapon to rack up a high combo but i can only seem to get 1700. still only a - B rank
Old 05-03-2009, 09:10 PM   #72
Charlie806

Hey..just logged in for the first time. Thanks for all the great detail for Aspharr's Castle Mission and Inphyy's last mission. Do you think you can give me the same type of detail for Inphyy's forest mission? I hve done it over and over and am very frusterated...up to this point I have found everything on my own.
Charlie806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 12:02 AM   #73
shadowrowin

Rowin Ocampo's Gamercard
Okay, i have tried 12 times, and I just cannot get an A rank on the Castle of Varrvazzar mission for Aspharr. Alittle help please?

Also, any tips for the special mission?
shadowrowin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 12:45 AM   #74
VenomousDingo

VenomousDingo's Gamercard
Shadow,

It's been a long time since I've done the Aspharr missions so I can't help you there, but I just did the special mission last night. The best advice I found comes from No 1 Richy over at trueachievements.com :

Quote:
This stage unlocks after beating every single stage of every single character in the game. It opens up a final stage for the Inphyy character.

It's not worth attempting this stage unless you are level 9 already, or have over 190,000 points in which case you will level up to level 9 before reaching the boss of the stage.

* Seraph butterfly attack is only available at level 9 and it drains your orb guage (jump with A and then press A and then Y when in mid-air).
* The divine armband is key to this tactic as this prevents your orb gauge from draining.
* Only attack the overlord when he is on the ground using the Seraph Butterfly attack, when he is in the air the attack appears to cause no damage.

I only obtained the Deadly Armband on this stage, I had to equip Clover Leaf 2 along with the Divine Tiara and after a few unsuccesful plays through the level eventually one of the Creatures of the Night dropped the Deadly Armband.

Personally, I had equipped the Level 7 Prominence blade, the Knight's Emblem, Life Globe 3, Deadly Ring, Divine Tiara and Deadly Armband and managed to beat the overlord first go once obtaining the armband.

As a note there are 4 sub-areas on the map, don't bother with the top-right area as there are some seargent level baddies which take a long time to kill, I only took out the two left-side areas and still obtained a A grade, without even scoring a combo much above 300.
I'd add that the Deadly Armband seems to be a static drop. When you start the level you're at the south. There's 4 sub-areas, 2 left and 2 right. I found it in the northern left hand sub-area. After that it was a short (but stressful) fight and I got my A on the first success.

When you first reach the King of Night area there's a TON of enemies in the area. Clear them out and you should be left with one ally who won't die. Let him tank the king and move in to Seraph when he's on the ground.

My stats for Aspharr's Castle mission A rank were:
Time: 13:48
Kills: 754
Standard: 709
Orb: 115
Orbs Obtained: 7942
Combo: 1585
Guard Survival: 55%
Successful Missions: 4
Bonuses: 1700

Not sure if that helps, but best of luck.
VenomousDingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 07:47 PM   #75
Zaku77

Send a message via MSN to Zaku77

Zaku777's Gamercard
I now only need Inph's Forest level and the Another World mission. Ashphar's castle was giving me fits until I used one of the strategies that someone provided for it and ended up with a 4000 combo. That certainly tipped teh scale!

Zaku77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:36 AM   #76
shadowrowin

Rowin Ocampo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomousDingo View Post
Shadow,

It's been a long time since I've done the Aspharr missions so I can't help you there, but I just did the special mission last night. The best advice I found comes from No 1 Richy over at trueachievements.com :

I'd add that the Deadly Armband seems to be a static drop. When you start the level you're at the south. There's 4 sub-areas, 2 left and 2 right. I found it in the northern left hand sub-area. After that it was a short (but stressful) fight and I got my A on the first success.

When you first reach the King of Night area there's a TON of enemies in the area. Clear them out and you should be left with one ally who won't die. Let him tank the king and move in to Seraph when he's on the ground.

My stats for Aspharr's Castle mission A rank were:
Time: 13:48
Kills: 754
Standard: 709
Orb: 115
Orbs Obtained: 7942
Combo: 1585
Guard Survival: 55%

Not sure if that helps, but best of luck.
With the stats for Aspharr's mission, did you go down the long path near the beginning of the stage? I ask because I can never seem to get more then 450 kills, yet you got 300 more then that. I was curious how you did that,

and thanks for the help on the king of night.

Last edited by shadowrowin; 06-12-2009 at 03:57 AM.
shadowrowin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:33 AM   #77
VenomousDingo

VenomousDingo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowrowin View Post
With the stats for Aspharr's mission, did you go down the long path near the beginning of the stage? I ask because I can never seem to get more then 450 kills, yet you got 300 more then that. I was curious how you did that,

and thanks for the help on the king of night.
I can't remember off the top of my head, I'll check it out tonight when I get off work and let you know. I think 700 kills is going through the entire map and killing everything I could find.

Edit: Looking at the map I think I remember how I did it. I took two sets of Infantry in as backup and as soon as the stage starts tell them to stand down. Then turn around and hightail it North until you get to the very end of that path. Don't kill *anything* on the way.
Once you get to the end of the path, guard and wait for everyone to gather up then let loose. Fight your way back to your original starting point and hang a right so you're heading to the West area. Clear out the archers and everyone in there and then work your way East. Once you clear East, head to the objective that advances the mission and start progressing through those.
You should have a fairly easy fight on your hands now that all of the extra guys are dead. Once you finish out the mission, you should have right around 700 kills (in theory).

Last edited by VenomousDingo; 06-12-2009 at 09:32 PM.
VenomousDingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 04:41 PM   #78
FELIXjk007

Send a message via MSN to FELIXjk007 Send a message via Yahoo to FELIXjk007

FELIXjk007's Gamercard
thanks for the guide, man, I know this game has been out a while but I only just got it. This guide will help me through it I'm certain of that!
Old 06-16-2009, 11:05 AM   #79
SGT J1ngles

SGT J1ngles's Gamercard
Ok I gt a on first try I killed about 16 people on the way to the boss gt the band then I killed evry 1 around the boss wile att him it took me 6min I think to kill him and all the people around him and I gt a for that

Good luck on getting it

Last edited by SGT J1ngles; 06-16-2009 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Pradictive text
SGT J1ngles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:30 AM   #80
Pacaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku77 View Post
I now only need Inph's Forest level and the Another World mission.
Did you manage to get Inphy's Forest level yet? That's the only one I still need as well, it's extremely frustrating.
Pacaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 07:05 PM   #81
PapaSmurf124

Send a message via MSN to PapaSmurf124

PapaSmurf124's Gamercard
Impossible to get A Rank on Aspharr's Castle of Varvazarr

WTF. I have done this damn mission 4 times now and still can't get an A rank on the fricken mission. I killed every single thing I could find on the map. I did it quick. I even managed to build up and orb spark and i still can't get the rank. HOW DO I DO IT?
Old 07-17-2009, 07:26 PM   #82
Method

Method x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   x360a Representer   Road Map - Emerald   PAX Meet 2010   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaSmurf124 View Post
WTF. I have done this damn mission 4 times now and still can't get an A rank on the fricken mission. I killed every single thing I could find on the map. I did it quick. I even managed to build up and orb spark and i still can't get the rank. HOW DO I DO IT?
Did you try the methods posted in here:
http://www.x360a.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8468

I used the one in post 2 and got an A no problem. Also, search around this forum some more, there's other strategies posted in other threads too.

Method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 09:48 PM   #83
a7xfollower

livelongpoopwad's Gamercard
good lord thank you for this. i tried getting a on this mission around 15 times. i almost played skeet with this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joschwa View Post
Here are my stats for the "Castle of Varrvazzarr" A-Ranking

Time: 23:27
Kills: 703
Standard: 640
Orb Spark: 63
Orbs Obtained: 6393
Max Combo: 5022
Guard Survival Rate: 39%

What i did was:
(1)choose all archers start tell guards to stay and kill the goblin archers near
(2)Go directly East all the way to get 3 chests
(3)Go north up the winding road but DO NOT KILL ANYONE
(4)Run all the way to the end of this road without killing any enemies and get the three chests there (1 is double orb value everytime for me)
(5)Equip default weapon and any itms (cursed choker worked well for me) that will take away from your attack
(6)Keep swinging non-stop until you get 5000+ combo (re-equip attacking items and updated weapon)
(7)If there are a sufficient number of enemies left, use red bar orb attack to finish them off
(8)Proceed back to the main battle and kill all non-named enemies first and then Ppakk the Third, but try to get the blue bar up and keep it
(9)Once the orc captain appears, use orb spark... then defeat captain
(10)Defeat all enemies with Dwingvatt, and then Dwingvatt
(11) Rejoice

Congrats you should have an A Ranking

by the way, make sure to pick up everything, and destroy all the chests
a7xfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 12:17 AM   #84
Ilard

Ilard's Gamercard
Thanks a ton for making this! I thought I was going to go crazy trying to get the 'A' ranking for Inphyy's Yaw-Ue-Uar Forests mission!

Ilard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:21 PM   #85
Didi Mau

Send a message via MSN to Didi Mau

CuriousJewbeard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Gold   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
No one probably reads this board much, but if it helps anyone you don't need to do Inphyy's Another World level to get the all-A-ranks achievement. Just got the 200g now and I've not even played that level yet, been avoiding it seeing as she's only level 8 at the moment.
Didi Mau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 05:56 PM   #86
Hardi

xXXHardixXX's Gamercard
Thumbs up

thx a lot for this list. I had my problems with this "Earn A-ranking in all missions" achievement...

Hardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 02:44 AM   #87
Fromaginator

Does the difficulty i.e level 5 or level etc affect anything "points-wise" or if that just going to make it easier to kill more if it is on a lower difficulty, Basically my question is does one get bonus "points" for being on a higher difficulty or if one is having troubles should they get killed down to a lower difficulty?

Last edited by Fromaginator; 03-04-2010 at 04:17 AM. Reason: Previous question answered elsewhere
Fromaginator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 04:47 AM   #88
Loftin08

loftin08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
I finally got 1000/1000 on this game. My last level was the forest for Inphyy. I did a speed run and beat it in 11 minutes flat. I also got a combo of about 1800. My guard survival was 76. All that, and it was still only a "B" at the end.

What finally got me an "A" was a strategy I found on youtube:

1. Kill just enough enemies to fill your orb gauge, then run all over the map and herd all the enemies in one spot (and I really mean everyone). Then do you orb attack and you'll destroy everyone.

2. When you warp up to the Pwuck fight, you should have the blue bar all the way full, so herd all the pwucks in one spot and kill them in one shot.

3. After killing the Pwuck King, you'll teleport to the northwest corner of the map and fight the dark enemies. After killing them, my orb gauge was full again. It will teleport you again. This time herd all the enemies in one spot again, and do your orb attack. If you herded everyone, this should be enough that your blue bar fills up again.

4. Go to the final boss and use your big attack to take out everyone again. Also, with the blue potions I had picked up, I was able to do one last orb attack to polish off the wizards.

5. Dwykfarrio should be the only bad guy left. Beat him and watch the achievement pop up.

Arcade Complete (200/200 or 400/400): 38
*Includes 1850/1850 on Family Game Night, 300/300 on Doritos Crash Course and 235/235 on Small Arms

Loftin08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:01 AM   #89
lord maiden

lord maiden's Gamercard
just to say, for each of the things needed for a grade, it should save the best ones (i did a speed run and then a long run through and it has the time for the speed run) i don't have the game and have not played for 2 years.
i suggest you do 2 run throughs, 1 speed, 1 killing everything. enjoy
lord maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:53 AM   #90
Heart Break Cid

Heart Break Cid's Gamercard
Cheers Loftin, helped me get my A!
Heart Break Cid is offline   Reply With Quote