PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-07-2014, 12:21 AM   #1
datmanydocris

Location: Middletown, PA, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe A

DatManYdocris's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Ritual of Dementia Glitch?

I recently got into the Shivering Isles DLC for Oblivion. During the quest "Ritual of Dementia" you are required to infiltrate into Syl's private chambers in order to kill her and take her heart in order to become the new Duke. However, after trying the mission several times, everytime, no matter what I do, when I enter Syl's chamber, she is already lying dead in her bed, and does not have her heart on her. This happens no matter what, whether I sneak past the Dark Seducer Guards undetected, whether I kill the guards, or only get the key. No matter what I do, she is always already dead. What I want to know is has anyone else encountered this glitch and know how to fix it? Is it fixable, or will I have to start a new game to get the achievement for becoming the Duke of Dementia?

Thanks to Spazaz Man for the awesome sig.
My Bigass Games Collection Steam
Retail Completions - 6 Arcade Completions- 3 W8/WP8 Completions - 6 Steam Completions - 0 Xbox One Completions - 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante XBA View Post
Fuck English, man.
datmanydocris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 05:37 AM   #2
Scotty
Max Clubs Bard

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Cops N' Robbers - Tier 1   The Mighty Duck Face   Green Thumb - Gold   Staff Club - Scotty   5,000 Posts   Subscriber Clubs Baron   Road Map - Platinum   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Donator - Level 5   Staff Club - troy0891   Subscriber - Gold   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by datmanydocris View Post
I recently got into the Shivering Isles DLC for Oblivion. During the quest "Ritual of Dementia" you are required to infiltrate into Syl's private chambers in order to kill her and take her heart in order to become the new Duke. However, after trying the mission several times, everytime, no matter what I do, when I enter Syl's chamber, she is already lying dead in her bed, and does not have her heart on her. This happens no matter what, whether I sneak past the Dark Seducer Guards undetected, whether I kill the guards, or only get the key. No matter what I do, she is always already dead. What I want to know is has anyone else encountered this glitch and know how to fix it? Is it fixable, or will I have to start a new game to get the achievement for becoming the Duke of Dementia?
It's been years since i've played this, so i'm not 100% sure, but the best fix for Elder Scrolls glitches is to reload an earlier save. I've not heard of this glitch before though.

The uesp page for this mission is here;

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Shivering:Ritual_of_Dementia

It doesn't make mention of your specific glitch in the 'Bugs' section at the bottom though, unfortunately.

Max Clubs FAQs l Staff Clubs l Subscriber Clubs l Challenge/Franchise Clubs

NEED HELP DOING THE ONLINE ACHIEVEMENTS ON TWO WORLDS II!!
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote