PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > Guitar Hero: Aerosmith
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-07-2008, 05:46 AM   #31
rican ninja89

rican ninja89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Lack of challenge and songs - hammerons and pull offs are as they should be for the sake of realism but they suck for any1 like me who had gotten used to the easierness of GH3's gameplay and lack of the ability to use the new female bass player she's hot

rican ninja89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 06:24 AM   #32
Efstratios39

EFSTRATIOS39's Gamercard
Shakin my cage...shaking my cage! lol I agree...the Joe Perry garb they threw on there makes my ears bleed. Gotta give him props though, singing while playing isn't easy.

I also hate the fretboard that is FORCED on you for te aerosmith songs. They should have made it so that you can atleast use whomever you want in quickplay.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:35 AM   #33
mcdigits

mc digits's Gamercard
stupid lead and backup achievements, i didn't like the game playing through the career once why do it 2 more times for co-op.
mcdigits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:29 AM   #34
Illution

Send a message via AIM to Illution Send a message via Yahoo to Illution

KoaBD Arizonas's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Doom Tournament - 1st Place
Lack of good songs.

Like, SRSLY, I only like 5 songs. The rest are just sooo boring to play and listen to..

But I guess that's kinda how it is with most GH songs. Even though most songs I could deal with in the others.

OOOO and the fretBOARD they use pisses me off. I wish it was just blank or you could make your own designs -- OMG that'd be cooooool.

Check out my movie reviews! http://www.tumblr.com/blog/joehawleywood

Illution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:54 AM   #35
Randomnutta

Randomnutta's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Referrals - Bronze   Gamer Chick!   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
the only thing i dont like is GHA isnt in aus yet and i cant play it

Randomnutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:54 AM   #36
AchieveOrLeave

Send a message via AIM to AchieveOrLeave

achieveorleave's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
this game is the shit the only thing they need to add is dude looks like a lady then this game would hav to be my favorite gh
AchieveOrLeave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:15 AM   #37
Valiant Goat

Valiant Goat's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AchieveOrLeave View Post
this game is the shit the only thing they need to add is dude looks like a lady then this game would hav to be my favorite gh
You must be insane.
Valiant Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:20 AM   #38
AchieveOrLeave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant Goat View Post
You must be insane.
well see im not insane aerosmith is my favorite band of all time and this game is awesome and how am i insane?
Old 07-08-2008, 08:17 AM   #39
Ho5tiLe D

Ho5tiLe D's Gamercard
i hated being forced to play as joe perry in career because of his fretboard. and i disliked having to play the songs over and over to get enough $$$ to buy the guitars and characters
Old 07-08-2008, 06:11 PM   #40
Valiant Goat

Valiant Goat's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AchieveOrLeave View Post
well see im not insane aerosmith is my favorite band of all time and this game is awesome and how am i insane?
Liking Aerosmith so much leads me to believe your insanity. j/k though, I can see why this would be your favorite GH game if you like Aerosmith so much.

I just personally, dislike Aerosmith, and for the record GH2 is my favorite in the series.
Valiant Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 06:24 PM   #41
Ben Sharpe

Ben Sharpe's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I would have to agree this is the best GH out of the two I have played imo, GH3 had crap music in all honesty I liked maybe 10 songs out of all of them. But in GH:A I enjoyed playing nearly every song tbh it is all down to preference
Old 07-08-2008, 06:41 PM   #42
jacob456

jacob456's Gamercard
I hate how the achievements are so easy, you know because I'm a member of a website and community that consists of "gamerscore whores", including myself.... Not really, but I hear that bitching about this makes you cool, just like bitching about GH3's difficult achievements did. And just for the record, THEY'RE NOT TOO EASY, NOT EVERYONE CAN DO EXPERT! /rant
jacob456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 07:03 PM   #43
Steelhead

SG Steelhead's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I like the idea that lower-skilled players can get quite a few achievements in this one. I'm old and my reflexes are slower than a Mass Effect elevator, so expert is probably out of the question for me....ever...regardless of how much I play. But this installment at least allows me to grab a few achievements while having fun with the game at the same time
Steelhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 08:33 PM   #44
AchieveOrLeave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant Goat View Post
Liking Aerosmith so much leads me to believe your insanity. j/k though, I can see why this would be your favorite GH game if you like Aerosmith so much.

I just personally, dislike Aerosmith, and for the record GH2 is my favorite in the series.
yea gh 2 was pretty good but when gh metallica comes out wow that game will prolly be the best game ever lol but wat they need is to make a gh van halen that game OHHH my god could u imangine eruption on expert HAHA
Old 07-13-2008, 11:12 PM   #45
ILoveAztecChick

ILoveAztecChick's Gamercard
It was missing a couple of Aerosmith songs I was hoping to see, but other than that I think the game's great. I did pay only $15 for it though, so I don't how I'd feel if I paid the full 60 bucks.
ILoveAztecChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 11:33 PM   #46
SooperSmurph
Banned User

SooperSmurph's Gamercard
The lack of standard controller achievements is a grim portent of the future.

Rock Band is the Jewy McJewerson Game of the Year for not allowing me to play with a standard controller, if GH removes standard controller play when they add in the drum kit for GH 4, i'll personally spit on them.

That being said, the countless random strum sections got a bit wearing. Every Aerosmith song seemed to be an epic live version, so every fiddly bit they could come up with got tossed in.

This is also the first GH game i've come close to completing on Hard, being as I refuse to touch a Guitar Controller, some of the orange notes seem to be assigned to rather low tones, meaning they just made the note orange to make it "harder". The only people they're punishing with orange notes are standard controller players, leave us be.

I'm still waiting for Insane Clown Posse's Halls of Illusions featuring Slash, get to work neversoft!
SooperSmurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:28 AM   #47
anusmonger

Send a message via AIM to anusmonger Send a message via Skype™ to anusmonger

xTheGreenThumbx's Gamercard
it was alright the first time thru, but i just couldnt stand to play it more. i rented the game and got 43/49 day one and didnt even bother for the last 6. there was no way i was gonna play all those songs 2-3 more times.
anusmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:01 AM   #48
TA Sasuke

Send a message via AIM to TA Sasuke

Einstein x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Just the tediousness of the songs was so god awful... it's like every song was the same throughout the whole game. The only song i like in that game is Walk This Way with Run DMC because it isnt the same sounding and boring as the other songs. Also how every single song is pretty much made up of only chords. God how i hate that...
TA Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 03:17 AM   #49
Dylan Lucas

it's just pretty boring.
Dylan Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 03:39 AM   #50
twotonkoala

milehighkoala's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efstratios39 View Post
Shakin my cage...shaking my cage! lol I agree...the Joe Perry garb they threw on there makes my ears bleed. Gotta give him props though, singing while playing isn't easy.

I also hate the fretboard that is FORCED on you for te aerosmith songs. They should have made it so that you can atleast use whomever you want in quickplay.
winner winner chicken dinner.

the Joe Perry songs are absolute shite. having to play them at all for an achievement hurt.

and his fretboard. i absolutely hate being forced to use a player's fretboard. i honestly can't believe that the fretboards are different to begin with. i play with the hot blond chick because it's fun to see her bounce around, but also because she's got the most basic, black fretboard out there and i have trouble seeing notes with any of the others. it's just ridiculous i have to use a crap fretboard for more than half of the songs.

all in all, it's not bad, but it definitely feels like an expansion pack more than a full game. i would never have paid 60 bucks for this. plus, if you don't like aerosmith (which, i don't mind them really, but don't like them that much) then the songs are bad.

i just played it to get some new songs to play instead of GH3 tracks for the hundreth time, and it filled that hole. but this was nothing more than a rent.
Bioshock Infinite, Call of Duty: AW, Dishonored, The Division, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Far Cry 4, Flockers, Forza Horizon 2, GTA 5, Lego: Lord of the Rings, Limbo, Lords of the Fallen, Madden 15, Rainbow 6: Siege, Rayman Legends, RBI Baseball 14, Riptide GP2, Shadow of Mordor, Sniper Elite 3, Strike Suit Zero, Sunset Overdrive, Watch Dogs
twotonkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 11:36 AM   #51
Gorjira

Gorjira's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
I have just got it through the door from boomerang. Im sitting here waiting to buy fucking t-in the park tickets for next year, and Id rather go play this.. But its a good deal. -.-

So what I hate: Not being able to play it right now.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:59 AM   #52
ABR

Send a message via AIM to ABR

AugustBurnsRed0's Gamercard
The thing I hate about GH: Aerosmith is Aerosmith.

AND THE OVERABUNDANCE OF ANNOYING CHORDS AND HOW THERE ARE RANDOM PARTS IN SOLOS WHERE YOU HAVE TO STRUM WHICH CAUSES ME TO LOSE STREAKS.
and Steven Tyler's lips.

and how nobody tries online cuz they want the achievements for losing.

and the achievements for losing

Last edited by ABR; 07-16-2008 at 03:04 AM. Reason: the game sucks, i had to say why
ABR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 07:09 PM   #53
freeman2112

Freeman2112's Gamercard
they tried to make it easier than gh3, they did and fans were disappointed... too easy, lack of songs, expensive!
freeman2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 07:46 PM   #54
Gorjira

Gorjira's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
I liked it at first. Easy achievements for free! I love free online trials Avatar's next on my list

Ill be glad to finish this game...I hate it now! Nothing to it after 1000g
Old 07-17-2008, 08:52 PM   #55
Donkeythebard

DonkeyTheBard's Gamercard
I would of liked it to be ANY other band.

Donkeythebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 04:56 PM   #56
Tenacious

Bassnectarr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I hate how easy all the achievements are. I got all of them in...what, 2 days? 1, maybe 2 achievements actually challenged me. Easiest 1000g game I've played so far (well, it's the only one, but meh.)

Also I hate how long every single Aerosmith song is. I swear to god, next time I have to play Love in an Elevator, I'm gonna stick scissors in my ears.

Boost with me: Forza 4, GTA 5, GTA 4

Guitar Hero III 1000/1000G 3rd September 2013
Tenacious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 05:42 AM   #57
worldsk8r

worldsk8r's Gamercard
Hahaha @ Teh_Evil.

I hate how it has such a short setlist and very few amount of overall songs. I thought that it was too pricy for the amount of songs you got.
worldsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 05:49 AM   #58
animeaddict42

Ryouza's Gamercard
Wasn't worth the entry price, Joe's fretboard, and the lack of good songs by other bands (except for a few good ones). I wasn't a fan of GH3's HO/PO situation, too easy to hit.

Rock Band Expert Multi-Instrumentalist
200+ DLC
Always looking for good Expert players to jam with
animeaddict42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 04:25 PM   #59
D RaK Fereal

D RaK Fereal's Gamercard
Why would they make the hammers on worst in a newer game. I think theyre the same as the last one. I havent been doin bad at all.

D RaK Fereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 04:39 PM   #60
The Showdown13

The Showdown13's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Lack of good songs other than the ones by Aerosmith.
The band selection were poor and the songs of the bands
were horrible.
The Showdown13 is offline   Reply With Quote