PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Unreal Tournament 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-11-2008, 09:05 AM   #61
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Guide Team   Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
[quote=Toasty411;996209]Couple more suggestions. 1 Check your damn PM's Regent-Eagle. 2. Hat Trick is 5x faster on facing worlds. With 2 bots in multiplayer always use your translocator to get to the flag, you cant use it when you have the flag otherwise you drop it.[/quote

10x faster when you put the no gravity mutator in, and play it splitscreen too easy!
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 10:08 AM   #62
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Guide Team   Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
EASY ARMADILLO ACHIEVEMENT!

Level: Suspense

VCTF set to 1 capture

Play against a split screen controller

With this setup my fastest time was 1 minute and a half for 4 hit and runs, which is what the Road Rage award is.

When you spawn, run or hoverboard (hit X to get board) and run to the little hovercraft which is on the top same floor (2nd floor if you spawn here) right outside around the corner, or you may have to run up the ramp passing by two other vehicles to get to this 2nd floor...anyways, jump in this craft, and race to the other side. This is the fastest thing i had found and i tried every vehicle. Spawn your second controller and run outside to the road. Hold left trigger to lower your craft, and run the guy over. SPawn again and run right out to the same spot, and do this all 4 times. Once you hit four (a guy yells "road rage" and it is displayed on screen for a second), exit the hover craft, and hoverboard to the flag located in the last building on your right. Then hover back to your flag (exact opposite side, and still on the right) and return it.

I averaged 3 mins usually, but when trying, got it in a minute and a half...This unlocked after 5 times of doing it, so either I was lucky or it is glitched. Maybe it counted my second controller as well? Or maybe it's really the manslaughter award which is two hit and runs?

Hope it unlocks that fast for you guys, and I hope this helps!

Last edited by Tyger7; 07-11-2008 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Entered wrong level
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 01:34 PM   #63
ADE Ot4kud4m

ADE Ot4kud4m's Gamercard
my suggestion to get 3 achs playing 1 map is to set the map Sandstorm with a friend (or simply connecting another controller). you can get easily in 20 matches: Top gun, Bullseye and Armadillo (after 10)... and you can also boost for the 100 matches complete ach...
by the way: anyone knows if for the 500 ranked wins count only win in single deathmatch/duel or also if you with your team win the other modes???
ADE Ot4kud4m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 02:10 PM   #64
RegentEagle

Thanks for the suggestions people they have been noted and credited the best I could (for room sake).

@Toasty.

I had read your message yesterday and did not reply because I had added it from the other 3 or so people that had suggested the same thing hours before you. I do try to answer people and update the thread as much as I can.

Last edited by RegentEagle; 07-11-2008 at 03:20 PM.
RegentEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 03:18 PM   #65
sum1_superior

Send a message via MSN to sum1_superior

sum1 superior's Gamercard
For the "Have a nice Day" Achieve.. you HAVE to get BOTH awards.. ie Flak
Master and Rocket Scientist in 1 match.. so you cant do 15kills with one then 15kills with the other.
I made that mistake.... 20 Rocket scientist awards..17 Flak Master awards.. no achieve.

Looking for Glitches or bugs in games i can record! If you know of any please let me know or better still, show me and get featured!!!
Youtube.com/sum1superior
sum1_superior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 03:29 PM   #66
RegentEagle

Thats what I thought and put in the first place. But someone said you could do it to 15 in a match as well. It is changed back now with more detail. Thanks.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:31 PM   #67
ThrawnOmega
Subscribing Member

ThrawnOmega's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Silver   Subscriber - Bronze   PAX Meet 2010   Gamerscore League Season 6 Winner   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Bright Idea   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
I haven't read through all the pages here, but there are a few things I want to add:

1. To a certain extent (I know not how far), campaign matches count for some of these achievements. My brother and I were doing online, XBL private match through the campaign. I got the "Serial Killer" achievement during a campaign level, and my brother got "Killjoy"

2. Killing yourself to end your killing spree does count. My bro was on a spree and accidentally suicided with a rocket. It said he ended his own spree, and the achievement popped. I was sitting next to him and watched it happen. This happened during an online campaign.

Edit: Sorry just noticed self kills count is already in the guide...

I don't know if any other achievements can be unlocked during the campaign, or if our online play through the campaign enabled this, but we definately got those points in campaign.

Signature by MabusScarab

Last edited by ThrawnOmega; 07-11-2008 at 04:38 PM.
ThrawnOmega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 05:25 PM   #68
Ultamisia

ultamisia's Gamercard
Also currently i'm doing the weapon achievements, and i don't seem to find the bio rifle or avril as usable weapons in the mutator, am i the only one?
Ultamisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 05:35 PM   #69
Deus.EXE

Deus x EXE's Gamercard
I can't seem to get the Jack of all Trades achievement. Can it only be done in Instant Action? Because when I played online, and then checked my stats, I had -- kills in all the vehicles.
Deus.EXE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 05:44 PM   #70
Blind x360a

Send a message via AIM to Blind x360a

Blind Ragee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Tournament - Second Place   Word of Mouth   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
They are on the maps.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:18 PM   #71
Deus.EXE

Deus x EXE's Gamercard
... Ok.
So, again...
I played Heat Ray in DM, and got 5 kills with it, which saved, but when I go play any other mode and get kills in vehicles it doesn't. Why?
Deus.EXE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 08:09 PM   #72
BullZeye

AR BullZeye's Gamercard
It may be a stupid mistake but I made it too : The Leaderboards are divided by game mode,when you open it the first time,it's set to Deathmatch,with RB and LB you need to swatch to the other game modes to see those stats.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:36 PM   #73
II Devastate II

Send a message via AIM to II Devastate II Send a message via MSN to II Devastate II

MaiLBoXz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasty411 View Post
Ok i just spent 3 hours trying to go for the weapon achievements on instant action deathmatch with 10 bots matches. And still no weapon achievement. WTF, I kept count and every thing. Please state in the guide that you cant get them with bots in instant action.
if you read the achievements it says multiplayer not instant action and another suggestion for monster kills if you just go to morbias arena deathmatch with max bots its almost an automatic monster kill.
II Devastate II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:48 PM   #74
BigPapi

I have a correction that should be made on the "Have A Nice Day" achievement. I had previously tallied 10 "Rocket Scientist" awards and had about 5 of the "Flak Master" awards when I noticed that your guide explained you can't do them seperately, that they have to be in the same game. Well I was doing them in games to 20 seperately . After I read this I started doing the technique that you had come up with, and after about 5 complete matches, I got the achievement (after I killed the last person with the flak cannon.) Thus concludes that this achievement can be earned by doing the "Flak Master" and "Rocket Scientist" awards seperately.
BigPapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 12:02 AM   #75
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Emerald   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Theres one MAJOR flaw with this guide. For all the weapon achievements, it tells you to set the kill limit to 15, when you NEED to set it to 20. You're wasting your time, and screwing people out of an achievement when they do it to 15. To do all the weapon achievements, it will take you about 80-100 matches. If you set it to 20, these matches count towards "Paint the Town Red" or whatever it is called (deathmatches to 20 x 100). And if you don't you end up doing two times the required work!!!

And for "Have a nice day" you don't need both awards in the same game. I did them ALL seperately in different matches and unlocked them normally. 20 matches, 20 awards, 1 achievement for me.

EDIT: Even though you can boost it while doing something else, I don't think it's worth missing out on those initial games...

Last edited by Maka; 07-12-2008 at 12:38 AM.
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 01:28 AM   #76
Steelhead

SG Steelhead's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegentEagle View Post
Killjoy 10 End sprees in 20 matches.

A spree is 5 or more kills without dieing. Ending that is killing a person after they have got 5 or more kills without being killed.
You could set up a second controller in multiplayer on Rising Sun and kill your main character 5 times and then kill the second controller or player to get the award. Do this 19 more times in different matches. If you have a spree you can also kill yourself and still get this award so if you want to do it that way you can.
It has most likely already been mentioned, but just in case it hasn't, you can get this by ending your own sprees via suicide. I found out on accident after a stupid suicide while on a spree.

So basically, you can start a match with a bunch of novice bots, kill them til you get a spree, kill yourself (it says on the screen "Gamertag ended his own spree", or something to that effect), then wash, rinse and repeat until you get the achievement. It's a MUCH faster way than using the split-screen method.
Steelhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 02:21 AM   #77
sum1_superior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Theres one MAJOR flaw with this guide. For all the weapon achievements, it tells you to set the kill limit to 15, when you NEED to set it to 20. You're wasting your time, and screwing people out of an achievement when they do it to 15. To do all the weapon achievements, it will take you about 80-100 matches. If you set it to 20, these matches count towards "Paint the Town Red" or whatever it is called (deathmatches to 20 x 100). And if you don't you end up doing two times the required work!!!

Im affraid your wrong on this count. As soon as you hit the 15th Kill it will give you the Master award for that weapon. Why add an additional 5 kills on it for no reason? Ive done nearly ALL weapon achievements now.. (impact hammer to go).. and EVERY match has been played to 15 kills.

Looking for Glitches or bugs in games i can record! If you know of any please let me know or better still, show me and get featured!!!
Youtube.com/sum1superior
Old 07-12-2008, 08:45 AM   #78
ezekiel 08

ezekiel 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Just to confirm, for the Untouchable achievement on the map Heat Ray, the Dark Walker is dropped off by a flying ship in 2min 45sec from the start of the match.

Completed Games [125] | Gamerscore Completion Rate [90.74%]

* retired gamerscore whore *
ezekiel 08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 11:20 AM   #79
Darkestshadow92

SynisterNemesis's Gamercard
I looked and read the Achievement Guide RegentEagle and other people that helped it is far beter good job looks good to put on the front page but i cannot decide that just a player not member

Last edited by Darkestshadow92; 07-12-2008 at 11:21 AM. Reason: add
Darkestshadow92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 11:29 AM   #80
The oDepressedfisHo

YoShi OwNs tOaD's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1_superior View Post
For the "Have a nice Day" Achieve.. you HAVE to get BOTH awards.. ie Flak
Master and Rocket Scientist in 1 match.. so you cant do 15kills with one then 15kills with the other.
I made that mistake.... 20 Rocket scientist awards..17 Flak Master awards.. no achieve.
sorry this is b.s. as othello would say i did the flak master then i did rocket scientist

100% Retail
: Avatar, Viva Pinata, Viva Pinata:Party Animals, James Bond QoS, TMNT, Fable II, Halo3, Call of Duty 4
100% Arcade: Golden axe, Uno, Dash of Destruction,

The oDepressedfisHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 11:46 AM   #81
Darkestshadow92

Thanks to all the little people easy unlocked by DarkestShadow92

Thanks to all the little people 40 Complete a campaign in co-op.

There is a easy way to unlock this. Join a friend who has already finished the game and replay chapter V go through chapter V and when u get up to Akasha and Defeat Akasha you will unlock this Achievement. I have tested this out with 3 of my friends who just got the game the other day and never played it before and it works. and You also unlock I'm not on a holy war 60 Defeat Akasha and complete the campaign but none of the other chapter Achievements

only wrote this 1 up for the new people who want these 2 Achievements quickly or just brought the game and want theses Achievements

Last edited by Darkestshadow92; 07-12-2008 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Like to add
Old 07-12-2008, 11:50 AM   #82
Steelhead

SG Steelhead's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by The oDepressedfisHo View Post
sorry this is b.s. as othello would say i did the flak master then i did rocket scientist
Ditto. I did them individually as well.
Steelhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 11:57 AM   #83
Darkestshadow92

They do unlock individually

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelhead View Post
Ditto. I did them individually as well.
I did them individually as well to unlock them
Old 07-12-2008, 11:59 AM   #84
RegentEagle

Yeah but can you get them in the same match as well a i different ones?
Someone needs to confirm this...

Edit: Does not matter... I have changed the guide to advise that you should get them seperataly beacause it will tally up your matches played... 20 in all.

Last edited by RegentEagle; 07-12-2008 at 12:36 PM.
Old 07-12-2008, 02:54 PM   #85
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Emerald   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1_superior View Post
Im affraid your wrong on this count. As soon as you hit the 15th Kill it will give you the Master award for that weapon. Why add an additional 5 kills on it for no reason? Ive done nearly ALL weapon achievements now.. (impact hammer to go).. and EVERY match has been played to 15 kills.
You have most of the weapon achievements in matches to 15...
I have most of the weapon achievements in matches to 20... and the achievement for playing 100 deathmatches, which you wont get using your method.
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 04:35 PM   #86
italianstallion

stallion83's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Word of Mouth   Gamerscore League Season 4 Winner   Submit - Bronze
Flag waver 20 Completed 100 CTF matches played to at least 3
captures.

"You can boost with 16 bots or play these normally in mutiplayer. If you're going for "Around the World" or "Hat Trick" then that will count for about 20 of these matches.
Note: You can also do this and other complete 100 match games (apart from "Connect the dots") by leaving the game to it's own devices with godlike bots."

Can you explain to me why you cant do this with the connect the dots achievement? IM letting two god like bots kick my ass in warfar and its save after a score of 3.

Check the Newest Episode of the Podcast Here
FaceBook |Twitter | YouTube
1 Million Gamerscore |
italianstallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 04:59 PM   #87
RegentEagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianstallion View Post
Can you explain to me why you cant do this with the connect the dots achievement? IM letting two god like bots kick my ass in warfar and its save after a score of 3.
Oh my bad. I don't know why I put that as the game carries on even if you pause it so I have no idea why I said that.
Thanks for telling me!
Old 07-12-2008, 06:07 PM   #88
sum1_superior

The Achievement guide for the weapons says 15 kills because THATS HOW MANY YOU need Maka! Its up to you IF you decide to link achievements together for player matches, you have to work them out yourself.
This is a very good guide.... do you want him to play the game for you aswell?

I unlocked my rocket scientist & Flak master after i did BOTH in 10 matches to 30 kills. Take your pick on method it would seem.

Youtube.com/sum1superior
Old 07-12-2008, 06:35 PM   #89
RegentEagle

I have put up the method in seperate matches so you get more matches played sum1, as it seems more logical and there was a higher demand for that to be mentioned so no offense to you my friend.
I don't say that this is my guide, it's everyones guide and thats what has made it good. I take everyones comments on board and try going through it to check for mistakes. Your method is the quickest so I'm sure people will adopt it if they have finished most of the other achievements first.

I can't find anywhere else on the interweb that has a achievement guide yet. So to everyone...
Old 07-12-2008, 07:04 PM   #90
xENVxGAMERSKREW

Send a message via ICQ to xENVxGAMERSKREW Send a message via AIM to xENVxGAMERSKREW Send a message via MSN to xENVxGAMERSKREW Send a message via Yahoo to xENVxGAMERSKREW Send a message via Skype™ to xENVxGAMERSKREW

xENVxGAMERSKREW's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
this game has the most time consuming achievements...