PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Naruto: The Broken Bond
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-25-2008, 03:02 AM   #1
BTroxell

LeonParker's Gamercard
Tansuka mini-games -snake smash-Help

All of the mini games were fairly easy and i though i was almost done, until i ran into the snake smash and it stopped me in my tracks. How many of you have actually beatin it; and how did it happen? The highest ive gotten is 417 and you need 534. It just seems so impossible to me. Any tips would be nice
Old 11-25-2008, 03:19 AM   #2
MavrickArch

MavrickArch's Gamercard
I know >.> this is the last one I need and the highest I can get is like 300+, if the control wasnt so sensitive it would be alot easier but with it being like it is I cant keep a x4 for long.
MavrickArch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 10:22 AM   #3
NateOblivion

Alvekan's Gamercard
I found Snake smash not to be too bad. As long as you get a decent score on your first life (you get extra lives every X points, I can't remember, 100 probably), you can use the rest of your lives to milk as many points as you can before it all becomes too much.

Personally, I spent ages on shuriken toss, as you approached the 400s the game became near impossible. It was like the timer ran out before the target even appeared :P

Sadly though, once you miss one, it goes downhill from there.
NateOblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 11:14 AM   #4
admeister

livemeisler's Gamercard

I'm finding the Snake Smash very difficult, it's the only game I can't do. I had little trouble with the Shuriken Throw, but damn! Just have to keep at it I suppose..
admeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 08:39 PM   #5
moose0003

moose0003's Gamercard
yeah i think i've mastered only 3 or 4 of the 7. they can be annoying...lol i love the cup game though, i'm awesome at it.

"It is a curious thing...but perhaps those who are best suited to power are those
who have never sought it. Those who have leadership thrust upon them, and take
up the mantle because they must, find to their own surprise that they wear it well."

moose0003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 03:22 AM   #6
xBuffx

it's easy once you got it down. you just gotta have a quick movement when the lvl is up and make sure to always keep the x4. if you don't while it's fast it's still easy to get it back up. pratcie and patience is every thing with that game. took me over 20 minutes to get it.
xBuffx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 06:02 AM   #7
admeister

livemeisler's Gamercard

Finally got it yesterday, it gets so crazily fast at the end, wow. It took me about half an hour of trying, but I got there. +1 achievement.
admeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 06:19 AM   #8
MavrickArch

MavrickArch's Gamercard
I got mine earlier today, it was the last mini game i needed and it was the last 15 coins i need it so i was glad to be done with it.
MavrickArch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 06:37 AM   #9
BTroxell

LeonParker's Gamercard
Felt silly after beating it shortly after I posted thread

Its funny, no joke; you can even check my achievement dates on my account according to the thread, about 45 min or so after I posted this thread I booted up the 360, tried snake smash, got shot down and on the next turn I got it.

From what I learned is, is that there is no "walk ins" to this achievement, it takes at least a couple of trys to get the sensitivity and rythmn down. Also if you go on without a 4x for even a short amount of time the speed increase and loss of rythmn will make it nearly impossible, and a loss of 4x even as late as the 380s will ruin your chances.

I agree with moose the cup games were the best. This was Probably the most rewarding BB achievement in my opinion since it was a bit more challenging then the other ones.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:55 AM   #10
moose0003

moose0003's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTroxell View Post
about 45 min or so after I posted this thread I booted up the 360, tried snake smash, got shot down and on the next turn I got it
i wish i had your luck.

"It is a curious thing...but perhaps those who are best suited to power are those
who have never sought it. Those who have leadership thrust upon them, and take
up the mantle because they must, find to their own surprise that they wear it well."

moose0003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 06:08 PM   #11
Slaatje B

I got it the third time i played it, the first time i was like.. wtf.. this is impossible =p
I got like 250 =p
2nd time ik got around 380 en the 3rd time i got 585
Slaatje B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:59 PM   #12
Rewmac

Rewmac Icon's Gamercard
Well I'm fed up with this. First oh let's collect 1000 coins then this to get two achievements? Funny shit that's for sure. I'm not gonna waste any more time woth this. Already wasted 3 hours for snake smash and the gold fish hunting...Screw the whole thing.

Tried again, after calming down and so. Made 426 then after I can't get above 240...The idiot who put this in this game should be fired from Ubisoft and live on dry bread for 5 years...

Failed at 523...Controller breaking apart thank to the impact on the wall...Thank I have a few spare...

Isn't there a glitch, cheat anything to this?

Retail Games 100%

Halo 3, Clive Barker's Jericho, Stranglehold, Transformers, Fight Night Round 3, X-Men, Smackdown vs. Raw 2008,
Avatar TLA : TBE, NHL 2K6, Spider-Man Friend Or Foe, Fantastic Four : ROTSS
NBA 2k6, King Kong, TimeShift, Bourne, Star Wars: TFU, Residen Evil 5, Naruto : The Broken Bond

Last edited by Rewmac; 11-28-2008 at 04:15 PM.
Rewmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 11:37 PM   #13
SANZA

Send a message via MSN to SANZA

SANZA's Gamercard
yeah after now trying for 10 hours to get this one game finished so i can get get two achievements im just taking this back to blockbuster and tell them to stick it somewhere up ubisoft's butt the minigames whoever made those should be getting coal and poo in their stockings for xmas

add me for halo reach mlg scrimms gears of war 3 scrimms when gow 3 is out and for general online gaming
SANZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:52 AM   #14
d.palapuz

M4KUHLETZ's Gamercard
Snake smash is the final minigame i needed to get two achievements..
I just finished the other hard game which is kingyo sukui which took me probably 30 minutes..
my highest in snake smash is 417..
Old 12-30-2008, 01:31 AM   #15
cripple695

hellonwheels69's Gamercard
y would they make something this hard or at least not make it so that i have to finish this game to get my gold digger achievement it really ticks me off my highest score is 163 and i have played it for bout 4 hours total now
cripple695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 09:03 PM   #16
cripple695

hellonwheels69's Gamercard
i would like to know how come i can get 290 with one life and only 32 more with the other 5 lives thats rediculous
cripple695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 10:04 PM   #17
Mike Langlois

Mike Langlois's Gamercard
Since you dont loose the a life if you miss, i pretty much just threw my cursor around the screen hitting a every time it crossed an enemy, it went up in 1's but atleast it went up, got to about 500 lol, always aimed for the shaking ones first.

Currently boosting: Gotham City Imposters (PC)
Mike Langlois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:04 PM   #18
d.palapuz

M4KUHLETZ's Gamercard
This game kind of has something to do with the sensitivity of the hammer which we cant change..
so each movement towards the snake has to be at least once in order to be fast on hitting the snakes and don't die..
and make sure you dont lose hope when you die, becoz if you die, it goes all down from there..
and better make sure you get 5 lives, and always get x4 multiplier..
Old 03-03-2009, 02:55 PM   #19
godfrey ho

godfrey ho's Gamercard
just wandering if anyone has any idea if there is some sort of pattern for Shuriken Throw or if it just random coz i really cannot do that mini-game.
godfrey ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:59 PM   #20
Mike Langlois

Mike Langlois's Gamercard
I think its all random, but i know if you miss one, the following 3 will seem slower, and when you hit 3 you can afford to miss one, so thatll help

Currently boosting: Gotham City Imposters (PC)
Mike Langlois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 03:05 PM   #21
godfrey ho

godfrey ho's Gamercard
ok well thanks i spose its a matter of being persistant lol i ran around got all coins to find i have to do the mini-games i cant do to get all the coins
godfrey ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 05:37 PM   #22
smallskillzu

smalls killz u's Gamercard
I completely agree this one is the hardest for me to
smallskillzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:30 AM   #23
KingRoario911

KingRoario911's Gamercard
it can be really difficult to do the these mini games and i find it helps on shuriken toss to hit everything not just the regular ones hit the ones with tape 2, May not work for everybody and for snake smash the trick is to keep your analog finger loose and moving that way when you get to the faster parts you have the rythm and motion down and get all lives that you can so when it gets harder you have a better chance of staying in it. The cup game is alot more difficult at the end, it speeds up ridiculously fast so be ready for the change in speed. The fish catching game is easier than the others you have to get 15 points to stay in every round catch the black fish with a few other together at the beginning so you have more when the fish speed up. The fan game is absolutely easy to master if you get all the points at the beginning so you dont have to srtess getting them at the end. Just basically keep calm and focus through out each of the mini games and you should be fine, this especially helps on snake smash.
KingRoario911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:41 AM   #24
DaedolusNL

Only1Daedolus's Gamercard
This really was the hardest on off all plus the shuriken toss which is a B*tch without the trick, but anyways i was stuck on this for a long time aswell drove me crazy until one day after trying it 5 or 6 times i smacked myself in the face said focus and just cleared it i think the key is once alot of snakes pop up try to tell yourself which snake to hit first then second then third etc. but your probably already doing that think the best tip would be keep at it
DaedolusNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:52 AM   #25
DBean

For those that haven't beaten it yet, I have some advice. I had a few 300 and 400 failure runs before actually stopping to see how the mallet works. Instead of trying for the high score right off the bat or just trying to improve your score until you reach it, pay attention to the mallet. See how far it will slide after you stop depending on how fast you're moving it. Then, when you feel comfortable with it, go back and try again. Literally, it took me only 20 minutes to get this one down from practice to the real thing.

It will get tough no matter what by the time you're around that 400-450 mark, so you might as well hit those snakes in order as soon as you can. If you know you're going to miss because of bad positioning, then don't worry about it and hit as many snakes (2-4) as you can before you lose that life. You really should have four or five lives when you reach 400 to have a decent shot. Also, take a loss of life over rushing, panicking, and hitting a toad by mistake. That actually wound up costing me once.

And personally, I hated that candy catching game more. Man, that thing seemed to want you to lose.
DBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 03:33 PM   #26
expertised

expertised's Gamercard
what also helps for me with snake smash(been busy getting it for 1 and a half hour) is turn the sound of, that damn anoying song and those freaking sound you hear when u hit the damn targets is really frustrating and pissing me of, wich makes me lose my concentration. also for shuriken toss you should just press the xbox-button the great X in the middle of your controller. this will pause the game and it gives you time to react on what button you have to press
expertised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 03:55 PM   #27
expertised

expertised's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by expertised View Post
what also helps for me with snake smash(been busy getting it for 1 and a half hour) is turn the sound of, that damn anoying song and those freaking sound you hear when u hit the damn targets is really frustrating and pissing me of, wich makes me lose my concentration. also for shuriken toss you should just press the xbox-button the great X in the middle of your controller. this will pause the game and it gives you time to react on what button you have to press
i tryed it again a few times and what do u think first 493 - 498 - (5 games around 400) and than with bashing on my controller hitting more toads than snakes i get 534! and 2 achievements pop up!!!! gold digger and tanzaku thing only getting my xbox online and do the tournament achievements to 1000/1000!!
expertised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 11:57 PM   #28
x N a q u ii

x N a q u ii's Gamercard
Wow Omfg, I am so Lucky.

I got 535 points after a couple of trys . Tip: FOCUS!!!!!
Old 06-01-2009, 05:20 PM   #29
d.palapuz

M4KUHLETZ's Gamercard
just try to stay at x4 and keep hitting the snakes and you should be able to get it..
i've tried it so many times, and trust me, this is easier than mashing buttons in the fishing game (hurted my thumb)...
Old 03-09-2012, 01:18 AM   #30
Gemgemchan

Gemgemchan's Gamercard
My gawd! I don't think I've ever played such a frigging hard mini game in my life! Why ubisoft! Why did the score you had to beat be 534! Why?!!
Gemgemchan is offline   Reply With Quote