PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shmup > Geometry Wars 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-31-2008, 03:00 PM   #1
n00b1sh m4n

n00b1sh m4n's Gamercard
Arrow Wax Off

I don't know if its just me or what but I have tried for almost two solid hours to get the Wax Off achievement. Can anyone help me with this... Its the last achievement I need to get 200/200

n00b1sh m4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:09 PM   #2
Puzzled Veteran

PuZZLED VeTeRAN's Gamercard
u mean you already got smile?
Puzzled Veteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:12 PM   #3
n00b1sh m4n

n00b1sh m4n's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puzzled Veteran View Post
u mean you already got smile?
Yeah, took me four tries...
Old 07-31-2008, 03:23 PM   #4
Puzzled Veteran

nice, then i dont understand why your having trouble with wax off, what are you exactly finding difficult.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:30 PM   #5
Tym

EmeraldSpaceCop's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b1sh m4n View Post
Yeah, took me four tries...
I bow down to you, non-n00b1sh m4n! I've got like 115/200. It's been rough going ever since I got the last achievement. Then again, I wasn't a master at the first game either. Best of luck on maxing it out, bro!
Tym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:31 PM   #6
n00b1sh m4n

n00b1sh m4n's Gamercard
I can get the first time around and then i run into about 80 square things. I can fight them off but I just cant get the full second time around. I do maybe ten dots then kill everyone then do 10 more then i get Cornered and die.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:34 PM   #7
n00b1sh m4n

n00b1sh m4n's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymrand View Post
I bow down to you, non-n00b1sh m4n! I've got like 115/200. It's been rough going ever since I got the last achievement. Then again, I wasn't a master at the first game either. Best of luck on maxing it out, bro!
The trick is that you need to just play it and get Game Over then after that you are basically set. I did Game Over and Smile in the same run... I accidentally timed out on stage 2 because I had to answer the phone then again on 4 and then I looked online and It said time out 2,4 and fail 11,14,16,17,19 or whatever and I did it. IMO wasnt that hard......
Old 07-31-2008, 03:35 PM   #8
n00b1sh m4n

n00b1sh m4n's Gamercard
And i wasnt a master at the first game either..... I never got over 250,000! LOL
Old 07-31-2008, 03:41 PM   #9
Puzzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b1sh m4n View Post
I can get the first time around and then i run into about 80 square things. I can fight them off but I just cant get the full second time around. I do maybe ten dots then kill everyone then do 10 more then i get Cornered and die.
ok ive made a very good explanation on my guide so have a look
Old 08-02-2008, 09:50 PM   #10
l.maciver

xvampmanx's Gamercard
its hard but make you think what you need to do, i kept movin from wall to wall and gate to wall, took awhile. but eventully got it.

l.maciver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 03:44 PM   #11
Also owns a Wii

At the start you spawn near the bottom so head down first and you will make contact with the wall the quickest, therefore having slightly less enemies by the time you get to the second loop. It's not much but it helps slightly
Also owns a Wii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 03:54 PM   #12
Deathblow23

IRON MIND's Gamercard
It took me approx 100 tries for this one. When you spawn...immediately go straight up and move in a counter-clockwise path. The first time through you will meet minimal enemies...but the 2nd time around...it gets tough. If you can get smile, and game over...then you can get this one too.
Deathblow23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 05:30 PM   #13
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
I start by going up and then going counter-clockwise or clockwise depending on where the first group of enemies start, and I will make it around one full time without being disturbed. Get as much as can, but if you see enemies ganging up on you, break for a hole in there formation and run through a couple of nearby gates, and head straight back to the wall..
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 03:46 PM   #14
HeatGuyStu

HeatGuyStu's Gamercard
Law of averages worked for me on this one. No way was I gonna fail this two hundred and ONE times in a row.
HeatGuyStu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 12:53 PM   #15
workbench

workbench's Gamercard
ive tried for hours upon hours to get this.... the screen just gets mobbed and full of crossing gates... spells instant colorful death.

workbench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 11:56 PM   #16
OMGIZZLEZ

I MaXiMaL I's Gamercard
I have got 99% FOUR TIMES for Wax-Off.

I hate this achievement.
OMGIZZLEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 09:58 AM   #17
Veles

Veles's Gamercard
I found rebound to be harder, I find the trick is to get the wax on in one go, go right from the start, because even though it doesn't display you waxing on while your shields are up, it still does it. Takes a while before you can get the wax on in one go, but after that just be really careful, if you get too many enemies chasing you, then go through a few gates to kill some.
Latest Retail: LEGO Indiana Jones 27/08/08
Latest Arcade: A Kingdom for Keflings 5/01/09

First Achievement: 30/08/06
Veles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 05:24 AM   #18
Kreger51

Send a message via AIM to Kreger51 Send a message via MSN to Kreger51 Send a message via Skype™ to Kreger51

Kreger51's Gamercard
Well for the first "wax" I usually don't get disturbed so I go along all the way, if I don't I start over because, technically, the more time you waste the harder it gets since there's more and more enemies. Then try to do as much as you can still going along. After that, just don't rush it all the time, kill some and whenever you're close to a wall try to wax it, just little by little. It takes a while because gates often screw you over, or they spawn on your ass. Seriously though, Smile in 4 tries? Don't I wish...

Kreger51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 03:49 PM   #19
workbench

workbench's Gamercard
i finally unlocked this badboy...

took me days and days. if u dont get the wax on in one go round, u prolly wont get the wax off, try your best to get round first in one clean go, and then take your time. but its damn hard.

workbench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 02:19 PM   #20
The Huggster

The Huggster's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGIZZLEZ View Post
I have got 99% FOUR TIMES for Wax-Off.

I hate this achievement.
I hear ya dude. I also managed 99% percent. It made a me say a few rude words, but hasn't stopped me going back to try again. Perseverence is your best ally for this. As stated in some other posts, it's generally easy enough to get around once and then draw the 'grunts' towards a side, nip through some gates and then make your way to the next side that has an opening. There is also some luck involved!
The Huggster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 06:44 AM   #21
Stevedawg313

Send a message via AIM to Stevedawg313

Stevedawg313's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Just keep trying! I could not tell you how many times I got close only to have the game spawn a group of blues on me or get caught by the edge of a gate or some other run of bad luck.

Seems like things were always in the worst spot to be lol.

If anything I discovered was not to try to clear to much of the wall to fast. If you don't "play the game" so to speak and not use gates enough you will get a huge mass on you against the wall and then you will be messed up.

I basically tried to get the first square as soon as possible (the faster you get the first the less guys to deal with for the second. Then I would do hit and runs, clear sections of the walls whiling moving through gates occanisonaly. But more than anything it does require some luck as well.
Stevedawg313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 07:25 PM   #22
KoRnyWayz

KoRnyWayz's Gamercard
What I found best is to stay away from the corners unless you know enemies just spawned there. Several times I had enemies spawn on top of me, and it was no fun. And try not to stay on one side of the screen too much, the squares will be right on your ass, making it easier to be cornered.

Once I figured those out, it wasn't long until I had the achievement.
KoRnyWayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:35 PM   #23
BruceMcGoose

Ugh.. I'm too impatient for this one.

What sort of scores are the guys that have done this getting on pacifism?

Edit: Did it!
My advice is to mow down the first 3 guys.. then go for wax on all in one go.
After that just keep hitting where you can.. move around a lot, if you stick to one side too much you'll get trapped

Last edited by BruceMcGoose; 08-19-2008 at 12:56 AM. Reason: I wunzd!
BruceMcGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 07:04 PM   #24
Heron T Beagle

i just got real greedy at the begining and alot of times you can make it all the way around for wax on before anyone even gets near you, then you just have to fight your way through. I had a couple times i made it all the way for wax on and continued around about 3 walls for wax off before having to get away. I also made it to 96-99 percent about 10 times made me so mad but i just kept trying.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:20 AM   #25
superfly275

Nooblior's Gamercard
I just got it 2 hours ago!

superfly275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:03 AM   #26
Bergashnurga

Send a message via AIM to Bergashnurga

Bergashnurga's Gamercard
the last one i need is smile and i jus got this one. i was about where you are with the getting cornered. i find it's easier to be patient and let it drag out if you have to. it took me around and hour and a half. what i ended up doing was getting the wax-on right of the bat before too many squares show up then i took it slow with the wax-off doing maybe 5-8 dots at a time. sometimes not even that. i lured them away from a wall would work on then kill them, then head back and finish the job. is there a video of this somewhere? i know about the smile and waves videos posted here but i don't remember a wax-off video.
Bergashnurga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:47 AM   #27
ILoveAztecChick

ILoveAztecChick's Gamercard
This achievement comes a lot easier if you just be patient instead of going straight for the wall continuously. Just play normally and look for good chances to wax off. You'll get 100% in time.
ILoveAztecChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 07:29 AM   #28
Pedle Zelnip

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveAztecChick View Post
This achievement comes a lot easier if you just be patient instead of going straight for the wall continuously. Just play normally and look for good chances to wax off. You'll get 100% in time.
Yes and no. I think the wax on part is worth pushing for early, as if you take your time doing wax on, it only gets tougher to do the wax off as more enemies/gates spawn.

This achievement is IMHO the hardest in the game (I think it's actually harder than Smile, although Smile is very close). I spent more time on Smile, but this one frustrated me so much more (and unlike Smile which makes you better at sequence, I found this one made me worse at pacifism as I now have too much of a tendency to go close to the walls). So much of this one is pure luck as it really depends on the spawns. I did one run where I got to 99% with the last one little sliver in the top right corner so I went through a gate to clear out some enemies and had a clear view of the corner, zipped towards it with the excitement of finally unlocking the achievement, and just before I got to the wall and the achievement they spawned a nice big-ass group of blues right on top of me. I still can't believe I didn't break my controller after how hard I threw it after that one. I can laugh about it now that I have the ach, but I was pissed at the time.
Pedle Zelnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 07:04 PM   #29
TheBarnabyJones

lol, that's funny. you got smile before wax off. the last three i got were smile, treaty and surf.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:41 AM   #30
MakoBallistic

MakoBallistic's Gamercard
you should be able to get all four walls green in one hit, then once they turn orange, destroy some gates and kill as many of the blues as you can, when it looks a bit clearer rub the nearest wall then fly through whatever opening you can see in the oncoming swarm whilst hitting as many gates as possible, i managed to get this and slalom at the same time.

and smile and treaty have given me the most trouble.

Hater's Gonna Hate, Hacker's Gonna Hack, Douche's Gonna Troll
MakoBallistic is offline   Reply With Quote