PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Jumper: Griffin's Story
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-31-2008, 05:02 PM   #1
tremberz

tremberz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Final Boss Discussion

This game is really irritating me. I cannot defeat the boss where your in the room with one door which opens occasionally and lets in enemies. I am finding the boss very hard I cannot to any damage to him is there a certain technique to it?

Gears of War Veteran
Seriously - unlocked 6/6/07
Seriously 2.0- unlocked 2/2/10
Seriously 3.0- unlocked 21/3/13

Total Online Kills - 150,000+

tremberz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 09:43 PM   #2
A 2rue Beast

A 2rue Beast's Gamercard
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...ad.php?t=64267

All you need to know to beat the final boss is in that thread. Using that method I beat the boss taking no damage.
A 2rue Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:00 PM   #3
tremberz

tremberz's Gamercard

this technique does not fucking work. every time the enemies just run down the stairs and do damage to me. im to the left of the door and everything. i am just going to give up after this and not bother trying to complete without dying because this game is terrible.

Gears of War Veteran

Old 08-01-2008, 03:03 PM   #4
Hi Im Steve

Send a message via AIM to Hi Im Steve

Hi Im Steve's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tremberz View Post
this technique does not fucking work. every time the enemies just run down the stairs and do damage to me. im to the left of the door and everything. i am just going to give up after this and not bother trying to complete without dying because this game is terrible.
Just make sure you kill all of the guys that come in while you're in the battle with the final boss. There will be about four enemies that come in at different intervals during the fight, so just take them out before you even try attacking the actual boss. After that, just keep using the same combo on him, always hit on the green sides, and finish your combo with the Y button so he's knocked down and cannot get back up to attack you. Also, make sure you take advantage of the two health packs around the room. If you have it, use the special attack where you hold down the Left Bumper and press an attack button, as this helps a ton on damage.

Try that out ^.^

Props to Night ^^

Drink apple juice because OJ will kill you..
Hi Im Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:38 PM   #5
Method

Method x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   x360a Representer   Road Map - Emerald   PAX Meet 2010   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
I posted a couple methods for the final boss HERE in the Other Tips section. See if they help you at all. Hopefully they will .

Method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 04:35 PM   #6
tremberz

tremberz's Gamercard

i have tried most methods and none seem to work because i can never get health off him because he is always protected with all four sides red.

Gears of War Veteran

Old 08-03-2008, 09:18 PM   #7
Method

Method x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   x360a Representer   Road Map - Emerald   PAX Meet 2010   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Quote:
i have tried most methods and none seem to work because i can never get health off him because he is always protected with all four sides red.
If he's protected on all 4 sides then you have to slide tackle him.

Method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:09 PM   #8
Piccolo549

Send a message via AIM to Piccolo549

PiccoloxxReborn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
if you nail him with combos without hitting the red you should knock him down then just get back, put some space between you and him, and do it again
Old 08-16-2008, 01:43 AM   #9
Crimson Drifter

Crimson Drifter's Gamercard
I didn't think this guy was hard at all. I beat him my first try although i had to use the two health packs. I just comboed him and ended the combo with Y. then use the right trigger to slide/roll away then rinse and repeat. and when the enemies come in the door make sure you take them out (use Left trigger to switch targets) before you start hitting the boss again.

100% Retail: (x21) Assassin's Creed,Beowulf,
Blue Dragon, Cars, Enchanted Arms, Eragon, Fight Night Round 3, Gun, Jericho, King Kong,
Lost Planet, NBA 2K6, Oblivion, Phantasy Star Universe, Prey, Samurai Warriors 2, Shrek, Superman Returns, The Simpsons, TMNT,
Tomb Raider: Legend

100% Arcade: (x6) Aegis Wing, Castlevania: SOTN, Contra, Crystal Quest, Golden Axe, Sonic 2
Crimson Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 09:42 PM   #10
Piccolo549

Send a message via AIM to Piccolo549

PiccoloxxReborn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
i think it took me 2-3 trys
Old 10-24-2008, 08:52 PM   #11
master_shake_350

Send a message via MSN to master_shake_350 Send a message via Skype™ to master_shake_350

a box of fish's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
This boss pisses me off! When I get to the second part he owns me and I can't find health anywhere!!!
Old 12-15-2008, 12:06 AM   #12
Letmekilluplz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Im Steve View Post
Just make sure you kill all of the guys that come in while you're in the battle with the final boss. There will be about four enemies that come in at different intervals during the fight, so just take them out before you even try attacking the actual boss. After that, just keep using the same combo on him, always hit on the green sides, and finish your combo with the Y button so he's knocked down and cannot get back up to attack you. Also, make sure you take advantage of the two health packs around the room. If you have it, use the special attack where you hold down the Left Bumper and press an attack button, as this helps a ton on damage.

Try that out ^.^
Worked great for me if you stand at the left side of the door the enimies get stuck so that's good but if you get a health potion they get un-stuck

10k Gamerscore 12/13/08
20k Gamerscore 5/2/09
Letmekilluplz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 06:06 AM   #13
TheDeadspace

Dr Deadspace's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Drifter View Post
I didn't think this guy was hard at all. I beat him my first try although i had to use the two health packs. I just comboed him and ended the combo with Y. then use the right trigger to slide/roll away then rinse and repeat. and when the enemies come in the door make sure you take them out (use Left trigger to switch targets) before you start hitting the boss again.
This strategy worked well for me. I found the assassin guy a lot easier than the fight against Roland. My first time through the game, I needed 3 attempts at Roland. I beat the assassin first time.

XBLA/WP7 Games Completed (47)

Now Playing - Darksiders (430/1000), Arkham Asylum GOTY (PC) (235/1000) Diablo 3 - 975/1000
TheDeadspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:50 PM   #14
xboxukdemon

Firstly Hi all,

My first post. Beat this game tonight and the left side of the stairs works a treat. Force him into the corner using slide then attack using the LB+A button for multiple attack. Just stay in the corner and he comes to you. Did second play through in about 35 mins. Really easy compared to first time.

Last edited by xboxukdemon; 12-29-2008 at 10:06 PM.
xboxukdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:51 AM   #15
tadpeters

tadpeters's Gamercard

I have yet to figure out this left side of the stairs thing. I've tried about five times.

Can somebody please elaborate a bit further?

EDIT: Rather than just use this glitch which I tried for like an hour, I just tried to beat him flatout and did it my first try.

I also noticed that if you stay on one side of the room for the whole fight, the extra people coming in will be glitched at the top of the stairs and won't come down. The only difference is the boss is out and moving around on the floor. Just keep the battle on the left or right of the stairs and remain there. You'll notice the pawns are just running in place at the top of the stairs.

Last edited by tadpeters; 03-23-2009 at 08:14 PM.
tadpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:23 PM   #16
Medz

Medz's Gamercard

Quote:
This game is really irritating me. I cannot defeat the boss where your in the room with one door which opens occasionally and lets in enemies. I am finding the boss very hard I cannot to any damage to him is there a certain technique to it?
NOTE: He is protected on 3/4 sides - the side he is facing is his unprotected side. There are two health potions in the room. Gradually as you start to beat on the boss, 2 - 3 goons will come in to help. It is best to solely concentrate on the main boss - once he is defeated the game ends even if you haven't beaten the others. If you hit the green areas he will take will damage. Follow the below guide for step-by-step help. You can also use the below strategy on Jackson's character.

1) Start your attacks on the unprotected side and follow the rhythm by attacking the green sides. When he starts to fall backwards, follow-up with the attack. Once he is down roll away so he doesn't hit you when he pops back up.
2) Resume attacking again unless he is guarded.
3) If he is guarded slide tackle and follow up with the attack. Fall back and proceed with step 1.

Good Luck!
Old 06-20-2009, 07:44 AM   #17
Chuppernicus

chuppernicus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
I had the hardest time with Sam Jackson until I read about hitting the weak sides twice and after your 2nd press a new side opens up, after the 3rd set he gets knocked down. I was about to send the game back. Hit open side twice, hit green side twice, hit next green side twice, gets knocked down or all sides open hit on the left gets knocked down. Easy as pie and fast. Back up and try it again. Use your B combo when that side is green for massive damage.

I used this strategy to kill the last boss as well, no slides, no tricks. I killed his bodyguards as they came in and went to him. I never died both times I fought him, not a brag just fact. The 2 hit combos work. Don't bother with the slide attack unless he's in defense mode on all 4 sides.

Hitting the open side with 2 button presses and then moving to the next green side is your friend. You'll be able to fly through the game.

-Insert something creative here-
( that doesn't include stats that no one really cares about or some poorly photoshop'd image with your name stuck in it. )

Chuppernicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 01:37 AM   #18
Dork de Jour

Dork de Jour's Gamercard
If you're still having trouble, I noticed that he tends to be open from the front after firing his webs, so if you just run around and hit A after the third web fires you're all but guaranteed to get an entry into a combo. I admit the first time I played through I probably died about ten times, but that when I was button mashing and didn't know what I was doing.

Roland seems hard at first, but just keep your distance and watch close where his red zones are. Don't try spamming slide tackle because I find that sometimes gets them to move their red zones and you end up attacking the wrong side. Just hit twice where he's open and continue to the green zones, get six hit combos and don't get greedy or reckless, and you'll be fine.
Dork de Jour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 01:19 PM   #19
AshleyBazSivorn

AshleyBazSivorn's Gamercard
Ive Just Played This . . . Only Because It Was Free

I Always Hold The So It Does The Power Attack Automatically

But Im Confused On The Combos || - How & When To Use Them - Because The Last Boss Only Has One Side To Attack From

And I Was Wondering Can You Press & Quit When You're Low On Health Or Only Just Died & Restart The Level ?
Old 06-07-2010, 08:36 AM   #20
Infinitism

AL1's Gamercard
On both Sam Jackson and the final boss I found it easiest to just run in a circle around them (so they can't hit you), then attack when you get "even" with them. Can't think of a better way to describe it. It seems like when doing this method, their open (attackable) zone will always be the same button. Hit that area twice, then the next green twice, then the third green twice. This will usually knock them down, or sometimes you have to do a 7th hit, which was usually X for me. Rinse and repeat until defeated.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:25 AM   #21
Pine Reaper

Pine Reaper's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Gold   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Running to the left does work, I tried 5 times doing this without dying, and I'd be doing OK until the 3rd set of guys comes down the stairs, I'd getted netted/tethered half way thru a combo, and end up pressing a button missing the release window. This lest the wail on me for 10 seconds, resulting in ragequit

Took a breath overnight and came back this morning, blazed thru the last level, and combo'd Sammy to death. I'll just lay out the method I used for the final boss just to put it into different words, and hope that it helps.

1 - Run into room after boss, and goto your right into the corner. The boss shud the follow you.
2 - Keep the wall to your right and run towards the health pot (don't take it until your health drops to 50%)
3 - Turn so you are facing the char CLICK RIGHT STICK. I forgot you could do this until the end after spending two hours cursing the camera.
4 - You should now be facing him straight on. Hit your A attack, and then follow the greens.
5 - Don't use combo on his front even if it is open, he will jump out of the way. Instead, hit A and Y points, then when one of the sides opens up, use the power attack.
6 - when you get to close, repeat STEP 3.

As long as you dont pass the edge of the stairs you can run anywhere on the left side of the door, all the goons stay trapped at the top of the stairs. They did not take one shot at me. Just remember the health pot on the other side of the room is totally out of bounds. If you try to get it at the end of the fight, it will release all the goons in one go.

I hope this helps, and thank you OP for finding this method
Pine Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 09:52 PM   #22
ChipzAhoyhoy

chipzahoyhoy33's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
this could be the most frustrating game i have ever played. i have tried everything but cant get past the final boss
ChipzAhoyhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 06:19 PM   #23
TheSprinkler112

TheSprinker112's Gamercard
Just wanted you all to know that darn trick with the combo does not make a difference... just keep him and yourself far right.... pay attention to the circle and all will be good...
TheSprinkler112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:09 AM   #24
Fullmetal Poon

Send a message via AIM to Fullmetal Poon

Fullmetal Poon's Gamercard
Got this from GF today and I was concerned after having read about everyone's problems with the last dude. Did some searching and reading and came up with an approach that I used to get through my second play through in 35-40 minutes and lose only about 25% of my health during the final fight.

First, the left corner trick definitely works, for me at least. He actually escaped it a few times and I never ran into any of his lil minions. Secondly, and this worked for me through out the entire game, rather than try to use any specific combo, just double tap whatever direction is open. Don't worry about trying any one magic combo. Just double tap the open spot(s) on the recticle and go with it. Worked like a charm for me. Best of luck.
Fullmetal Poon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:02 PM   #25
syn201

run187's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Got him down to needing to breath on him to kill him camera glitches sticks me in a rock .fuck not doing that again 700g will do im gona give this junk away now (if I have to play it again I will kill someone )..

Anyone using the terms "lad","swag","COOL STORY BRO" will be insta ignored..
syn201 is offline   Reply With Quote