PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > Madden NFL 09
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-03-2008, 02:05 AM   #1
phattonyca

ant toe knee 82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide

Please feel free to comment and critique my guide. I just finished "1000ing" the game this afternoon.

Thanks
Anthony

6 sacks with 1 player in a game 50
6 sacks with 1 player in a game (non co-op)

The easiest and fastest route to unlock this achievement is with a second controller simply make sure that player two selects passing plays while controller one select either a defensive end or a cornerback. After hiking the ball move the quarterback towards the selected player to get sacked. As the achievement mentions this is not a total team sack but rather with one player. If you need ideas of who to use I recommend the Miami Dolphins (Jason Taylor 98 overall) if the rosters are not updated because he has since been traded to the Washington Redskins. This will also help you acquire the 6 rushing touchdowns with the Dolphins in the same game. If you do not have a second controller this is a bit more tricky. I recommend before starting to change your settings to rookie by pressing X for advanced options in the play now screens. Another very easy way to unlock the achievement is by modifying the "offside rule" in the settings. This will permit you to start right beside the quarterback and sack em every single time without a miss. (Thanks for Parkerktm for this)

Record 12 sacks in a game 50
Record 12 sacks in a game (non co-op)

See record 6 sacks in a game for help. Note this is a total team sack and not 12 sacks with one player. This should be done using the same technique as the above.

6 Rush TDs with the Dolphins 50
6 Rush TDs in a game with the Dolphins (non co-op)

This is a team achievement, therefore select the Miami Dolphins as your team. Once more change the settings to rookie and if you need to boost your RB skills in the sliders to 100 you may so. Another technique is to make sure to always go out on the 1 yard line (see Atlanta Falcons 7 Passing touchdowns for a guide on how to do this) if you have an easy touchdown, which will make you get an easy rushing touchdown on the very next play. You may also trade players to increase the Dolphins skills. Ronnie Brown is currently the running back (RB) in Miami, if you need a more skilled back LaDainian Tomlinson (San Diego Chargers), Adrian Peterson (Minnesota Vikings) Stephen Jackson (St Louis Rams) are other great running backs. Finally the achievement will also unlock if you are using the "two-controller" technique

7 Pass TDs with the Falcons 50
Throw 7 pass TDs in a game with the Falcons (non co-op)

Once more this is a team achievement with the Atlanta Falcons, and change the settings to rookie. Before starting the game you may want to boost the sliders and players on the Falcons team. You may want to change your QB from Chris Redman to others like Tom Brady (New England Patriots), Peyton Manning (Indianapolis Colts), Tony Romo (Dallas Cowboys). I also recommend changing the WRs to make this achievement easier. You may want to acquire: Randy Moss (New England Patriots), Reggie Wayne (Indianapolis Colts), Chad Johnson (Cincinnati Bengals). For a list of running backs please see the rushing Miami Dolphins achievement.
The AI on rookie is quite easy. Look for plays that one player is running vertically in a straight line and 90% of the time the receivers above will catch the ball if they are in a one on one coverage. Finally the achievement will also unlock if you are using the "two-controller" technique

550 Pass Yds with the Titans 50
550 Pass Yds in a game with the Titans (non co-op)

Please see Atlanta Falcons achievement for additional help. Scoring touchdowns is optional for this achievement as all you need is to rack up the yards not the points.

Score 60 points in a Rival game 30
Score 60 points in a Rival game (non co-op)

All NFL Teams have rival teams. For example the New England Patriots are rival with the New York Jets and Indianapolis Colts. Most teams have rivals inside their division. I recommend to utilize one of the above team achievements to be able to score multiple achievements in one game. If you are using Miami than it would be a good idea to face the New York Jets. Use the above techniques discussed in the Atlanta Falcons achievement to score. Remember that the two controller technique permits you to unlock the achievement and that you may increase the quarter length to aid yourself in your quest to 60 total points. For beginners, a touchdown is worth 6 points. The touchdown is usually followed by an extra point which is a kick between the goal posts (similar to rugby), but it is also possible to get a "Two point try" by scoring from two yards out of the end zone. It is also possible to kick a field goal which is when a kicker kicks the ball between the goal posts for three points. Finally, the defense can also score by tackling the opposing team in their own end zone. If you record a "safety" your team will get two points.

Score 40 points in a Rival game 20
Score 40 points in a Rival game (non co-op)

See "Score 60 points in a Rival game" for additional help

80% completion for a game 50
80% pass completion in a Franchise game, 5 min+ quarter length (non co-op)

The easiest way to get this achievement is to complete one pass and then rush the rest of the game. Therefore it's a good idea to take the New York Jets and get the 300 yard rushing in a game at the same to utilize the number of games you are going to play. Note that this achievement needs to be done in a franchise match (Game Modes - Franchise) and the quarter length needs to be equal or more than 5 minutes. If you are able to complete that first pass you will automatically get the "Complete a Game without an INT" as well.

Kick a FG for over 50 yards 15
Kick a FG for over 50 yards in a Franchise game (non co-op)

Once more you need to get this achievement inside a franchise match. A field goal is when a kicker kicks the ball between the goal posts to record three points for his team. To be able to hit a 50 yard field goal you need to be on the opposing team 33 yard line (or further). To make the kick easier for you try to center yourself on the previous play to be straight in the middle. Another trick would be to go in the settings and modify the "Kick Power" to 100 to get this achievement easily.

Shut out Rival in a Franchise 50
Shut out Rival in a Franchise game (non co-op)

Once more a "rivalry" matchup but this time in a franchise game setting. Therefore not all teams will face a rival in the first week of their season. If you wish only to play a rivalry game simulate the pre-season and first weeks of the year. It is possible to do it with the New York Jets as they face their rivals Miami Dolphins and New England Patriots in the first two weeks of the year. If you are struggling on defense and giving up a lot of points, set the number of "rewinds" to unlimited for any big play the AI will do versus you.

Steal Their Thunder 30
Steal an opposing player's touchdown celebration

All you need to do to record this achievement is to Press B inside the end zone after a touchdown of your team. Unlike all other achievements the celebration achievements will unlock instantly and not at the end of the game.

100% finish
-------
Madden 08
NFL Tour
WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2007
Spider-Man Friend or Foe
TMNT
College Hoops 2K6
NCAA Football 2009
Madden 09
NHL 2K8
Tetris Evolution

200s
-----
Pac-Man Championship Edition
Soul Calibur
Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix

Last edited by phattonyca; 08-03-2008 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Fixing Format
phattonyca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 02:06 AM   #2
phattonyca

2 TD Kickoff Returns in a game 75
Return 2 Kickoffs for a TD in a game (non co-op)

This is much easier done with a friend that pushes the defense player away from the ball carrier. If friends is not something you have, I recommend as per the achievement's avatar to use the Chicago Bears and Devin Hester. The tricks on special teams on the rookie setting, is to start one way and then at the last second go back the other way horizontally all the way around. You might want to use rewinds for this achievement if you are stuck as this will not always work every single time. For beginners, a kickoff is when the ball is placed on the tee and is "kicked off". A kick off occurs after every score (except safeties, where a punt will be made) where the team that scored will kick the ball back to the opposing team.

300 Rush Yds with the Jets 10
300 Rush Yds in a game with the Jets (non co-op)

The current running back in the New York Jets organization is Thomas Jones. If you require an upgrade see the Miami Dolphins achievement for help. Somewhat like returning kickoffs, it is easier to go around people on the rookie setting. Tosses and pitches are good plays to get this achievement.

Can You Believe These Seats?! 30
Celebrate a touchdown in a wall hotspot

This celebration touchdown is "stadium oriented". Not all teams celebrate touchdowns close to walls. A few examples are the Green Bay Packers (Lambeau Field) and the Atlanta Falcons (Georgia Dome). Note you don't have to play as those teams to get the achievement you may press X and change the location of your match. I recommend playing in the Georgia Dome as the Atlanta Falcons to utilize both achievements in the same match. To get this achievement simply score a touchdown and press Y close to a blue wall hot spot.

Shine In The Spotlight 30
Celebrate a touchdown in an endzone hotspot

Simply score a touchdown and head towards any "blue hotspot section" and press Y. The achievement will unlock automatically and not at the end of the game.

Slam Dunk All-Star 30
Dunk the ball over the goalpost (or at least attempt to) after a touchdown

Simple achievement, simply score a touchdown and head towards the goalposts with your player in the "blue hot spot section" and press y. A random celebration will occur, more time than not, it will be the dunk celebration. The achievement will unlock automatically and not at the end of the game.

Complete game without fumbling 25
Complete a game without fumbling, 5 min+ quarter length (non co-op)

The 100% guaranteed way to get this achievement is to play the games with unlimited "rewinds". If by bad luck you do fumble simply press the X button after the play to rewind and the fumble will be erased from the record books.

Complete a game without an INT 30
Complete a game without an interception, 5 min+ quarter length (non co-op)

See 80% completion for a game

Hold a Rival to under 300 yards 50
Hold a Rival to under 300 yards total offense in a game (non co-op)

See "Hold a rival to under 20points" for help

Hold a Rival to under 20 points 10
Hold a Rival team to under 20 points in a game (non co-op)

Here you may put 1 minute quarters, or simply put unlimited rewinds. A second controller again may be utilized.

Catch 10 passes in a game 50
Catch 10 passes in a game with one receiver (non co-op)

If you somehow did not get this achievement while working on the others, simply repeat a play that is highly successful like a WR screen per example. You might not get a lot of yards but the WR will more than likely catch the ball which will count towards one of your ten catches with the same wide receiver.

2 TD Punt Returns in a game 65
2 TD Punt Returns in a game (non co-op)

See 2 TD Kickoff Returns in a game achievement
A punt (usually on fourth down) is when a team decides to clear the ball away with the aid of a punter. The punter will kick the ball to clear it. After your team receives it, it will up to your "punt returner" to catch and return the punt for a touchdown

Intercept 6 passes in a game 50
Intercept 6 passes in a game (non co-op)

Once more this can be done with two players, but the achievement is rather simple on the rookie setting. Increase the time if required, your defense AI should be able to get 6 interceptions on its own. If you are struggling use a good defensive team like the New England Patriots or the San Diego Chargers.

Midway Monster 50
Create a legendary player from the past.

Go to my madden, create a player and create Bones Jackson on the Chicago Bears. This is a wink to EA's previous football series back in the early 90's Mutant League Football (as per the achievement's avatar)
Now Here's a Guy... 50
Thank you for purchasing Madden NFL 09. Here's to another 20 years!

The famous secret achievement. Simply go in My Madden, Create A player and create a player called you guessed it John Madden. The ratings do not matter nor does his skin, position or birth. Press back to leave your screen, and the achievement will unlock

100% finish
-------
Madden 08
NFL Tour
Spider-Man Friend or Foe
TMNT
College Hoops 2K6
NCAA Football 2009
Madden 09
NHL 2K8
Tetris Evolution

200s
-----
Soul Calibur

Last edited by phattonyca; 08-03-2008 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Updating guide
Old 08-03-2008, 02:32 AM   #3
Hammer 5O2

Hammer x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
nice guide should be rentin this when i get home.

178 Completions
141 Retail
37 Arcade

Everyone Please Check out my Blog and Follow It
http://hammerx360a.blogspot.com/
Hammer 5O2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 07:29 PM   #4
Parkerktm

Send a message via AIM to Parkerktm

JUST DO IT7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Good Guide but i think some of your strategy's are harder then they need to. For the 6 sacks with 1 player achievement, why don't you just turn off offsides and false start and go stand behind the QB with one player? Obviously much easier and faster, and you don't have to hassle with 2 controllers.

Is there supersim, if so can you get achievements through simming?

God Bless America

Parkerktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 07:32 PM   #5
Bishop24

Rare Bishop's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Gold   Subscriber Uno - Winner!   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkerktm View Post
Is there supersim, if so can you get achievements through simming?
Supersim is still in the game, but you must sim the whole entire game to get the achievements. If you only sim a quarter or play half the game and then decide to sim the rest you won't get the achievements. That's what everybody who has the game early is saying anyway.

Follow my world of gaming at
:

http://www.BishopsGamingWorld.com/
Bishop24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:25 PM   #6
phattonyca

What BBallFBallFan24 is saying is true. I tried to Supersim the rest of the game after doing an achievement and was forced to redo the game because the achievement did not unlock.

The guide was updated to include the sack technique.

100% finish
-------
Madden 08
NFL Tour
Spider-Man Friend or Foe
TMNT
College Hoops 2K6
NCAA Football 2009
Madden 09
NHL 2K8
Tetris Evolution

200s
-----
Soul Calibur
Old 08-03-2008, 08:39 PM   #7
Metaphorically

Metaphorically's Gamercard
Nice work man. By the way you put "Score 40 points in a Rival game" twice.
Metaphorically is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:56 PM   #8
phattonyca

Oops. Thanks for the catch. Updated the guide.

100% finish
-------
Madden 08
NFL Tour
Spider-Man Friend or Foe
TMNT
College Hoops 2K6
NCAA Football 2009
Madden 09
NHL 2K8
Tetris Evolution

200s
-----
Soul Calibur
Old 08-04-2008, 12:56 AM   #9
Venomous67

BadAgenda's Gamercard
I have yet to find a "hotspot" what do you have to do to find these? Home team? Away Team? Are there certain stadiums that have them???

I've scored over 75 TD's in this game so far, and have yet to see this mysterious blue hotspot?>??
Venomous67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 02:22 AM   #10
strey101

STICKYSUBSTANC3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thanks for the guide and congrats on the 1000 points hoping to get them all tonight.
strey101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 02:30 AM   #11
monkey101609

Dr Pepper482's Gamercard
How do people already have this game? Did they preorder it?
monkey101609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 02:35 AM   #12
Bishop24

Rare Bishop's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Gold   Subscriber Uno - Winner!   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey101609 View Post
How do people already have this game? Did they preorder it?
Some stores are selling it early, they shouldn't be selling it early but they are. Doesn't matter to me though, I'll be more than happy to go to the midnight launch to get the game. I wouldn't want the game early as hardly nobody will be online to play against.

Follow my world of gaming at
:

http://www.BishopsGamingWorld.com/
Bishop24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 01:33 PM   #13
monkey101609

Dr Pepper482's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallFBallFan24 View Post
Some stores are selling it early, they shouldn't be selling it early but they are. Doesn't matter to me though, I'll be more than happy to go to the midnight launch to get the game. I wouldn't want the game early as hardly nobody will be online to play against.
Dang, I preordered from Gamestop. Hopefully I can go in and get it
monkey101609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:08 PM   #14
strey101

Got almost all will get the rest tonight have to go to work.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:03 PM   #15
Azad

Great guide, thanks for the Secret and Midway Monster achievement descriptions.

I used the same method as Parker for the sacks, its very quick that way.

Another method I used for the 80% Completion and Shut Out A Rival achievements was to go into the Gameplay Settings in-game and disabling the Play Clock through the Game Rules section. I'd start the game with a few running plays and then go for one pass, and if it wasn't completed I would Replay until it was. Then for the rest of the game just select run plays, and you can actually just sit at the line for the remainder of the game because the Play Clock is disabled. You'll need to run a play at the end of every quarter and after the 2 minute warning [to get the clock started again], but this way you can just do what achievements you need completed and then walk away for awhile.
Azad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:03 PM   #16
JRJ3 x360a

xXxJ03Y003xXx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Great guide im gonna be sure to use this when i get the game on the 15th. They dont look to hard but i want to rack them up as quick as possible so i can concentrate on online ranked games.

JRJ3 x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 12:24 AM   #17
InSoMnIaC_190

Sneaky White's Gamercard

Quote:
Actually you would be surprised lol. A crap load of people have it now.

Edit: I super simmed and did not get one achievement lol. I mean I figured I would at least get one lol. I really suck with football games.

Last edited by InSoMnIaC_190; 08-06-2008 at 12:37 AM.
InSoMnIaC_190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 06:10 PM   #18
Xbox 360 holic

MaRrYpOpPiNs wP's Gamercard
nice guide but how can u use a second controller if it says (non-co-op) or is that not considered co-op.
Xbox 360 holic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 07:31 PM   #19
strey101

The coop stuff is for if there is 2 people on 1 team not you playing against a friend online. BTW Finally got the full 1K. :P
Old 08-07-2008, 09:00 PM   #20
bsorensen2

bsorensen2's Gamercard
great guide

looking forward to getting this

1000's
8 of em

working on
Gears 2, NFS Undercover, Fable 2 and Left 4 dead
bsorensen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:34 PM   #21
A KILL4 DOG

good guide hopefully its ok
A KILL4 DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 04:46 PM   #22
XxChiCubs32xX

XxChiCubs32xX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 3   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Awesome guide...can't wait til the 12th!!!
XxChiCubs32xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 08:42 PM   #23
o SuBz3rO o

AgeOfSuBzErO's Gamercard
wat does it mean non co-op like we cant be on same team and i tried to get some of the achievements and it doesnt work
o SuBz3rO o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:33 PM   #24
Azad

Quote:
Originally Posted by o SuBz3rO o View Post
wat does it mean non co-op like we cant be on same team and i tried to get some of the achievements and it doesnt work
It means you can have another person play in the same game but you can only be opponents, not on the same team. And I'm nearly positive you actually have to finish the game to unlock the achievement, you can't just reach the goal and then quit.
Azad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 01:58 AM   #25
Bloody_Hitman666

Darksoul660's Gamercard
the first time i acually saw these achievements i thought they would be easy but now that i looked at them again it seems somewhat like a challenge...just like .5 harder than madden 08 achievements lol
Bloody_Hitman666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 05:36 AM   #26
phattonyca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azad View Post
It means you can have another person play in the same game but you can only be opponents, not on the same team. And I'm nearly positive you actually have to finish the game to unlock the achievement, you can't just reach the goal and then quit.
That is correct. You cannot also reach the task and supersim afterwards to get the achievement either.

You can get the achievement directly only for the celebration type achievements which unlock right away.

100% finish
-------
Madden 08
NFL Tour
Spider-Man Friend or Foe
TMNT
College Hoops 2K6
NCAA Football 2009
Madden 09
NHL 2K8
Tetris Evolution

200s
-----
Soul Calibur
Old 08-09-2008, 02:28 PM   #27
Tenshun

TENSHUN 72's Gamercard
Quote:
Supersim is still in the game, but you must sim the whole entire game to get the achievements. If you only sim a quarter or play half the game and then decide to sim the rest you won't get the achievements. That's what everybody who has the game early is saying anyway.
Im pretty sure this doesnt work for achievements. Ive tried it a few ways, talked to a few people who already have 1k, and none of us were able to sim for achievements. This needs to be corrected before others take this as gospel. if it DOES work, please include a detailed tutorial with your post.
Tenshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 08:48 PM   #28
wstussyb

wstussyb's Gamercard
Supersim never worked for me, I supersimed about 20 games before trying to play a regular game and I gone zil points. Just to see if it actually worked.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:06 AM   #29
gumshield

im in uk havent a clue how this sport is played but with the guide suggestions ive got the 1000 easily!! suggestion for the td from punt return..use 2 controllers 5 min quarters then have the second controller always use special team ,punt and you will eventually get the td's. took me half way through 2nd quarter doing just punting back and forward lol but got it and the kick off achieve as well
gumshield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 01:47 AM   #30
laundryman

Send a message via AIM to laundryman

a laundryman's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth
Nice guide. I love the new celebrations feature.