Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-09-2008, 04:17 AM   #31
Ray5555

Ray5555's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg0fTheDead View Post
No offense dude but did you read my post? I got Little Snow last night and it was my first playthough. I also got Al but was not able to get Break so maybe Snow is a char you can only get if you pass up another? (Al/Break)
I did read your post, but those requirements did not unlock the mission for me. But After talking to Eunice Via Converse the Mission unlockled for me, on Break's playthrough

Quote:
Hopefully they should pop up not too long after you destroy your last kingdom. Ill post here in the unlikely event that I can get Judou on this first playthough with Little Snow. I'm near the end of the game I think and all that I am missing (that I havent already missed) are Hiro, Zakifon and Judou.

Still trying to get the S rank too, its being quite a bitch to get! :P Cant count how many A's i've snagged and no S rank.
Easy you should have destroyed the Underworld army when there were 4 kingdoms left. The Underworld Army is very easy to beat, they have tons of enemies, and they group together a lot for a high combo count. Thus is why I said it under the achievement.
Ray5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 12:53 AM   #32
Greg0fTheDead

Greg0fTheDead's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
I was past that part when I checked it out in the guide, maybe im just unlucky on most of the missions. Anywho ill do it on my second playthrough if I dont get it soon.

I'm about to beat the game, can you explain how the new game + works? Do you retain any levels, gold, items?
Greg0fTheDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:24 AM   #33
Ray5555

Ray5555's Gamercard

Quote:
I was past that part when I checked it out in the guide, maybe im just unlucky on most of the missions. Anywho ill do it on my second playthrough if I dont get it soon.

I'm about to beat the game, can you explain how the new game + works? Do you retain any levels, gold, items?
Right now I am at the end of the game but I still have some missions to do before they will give the final battle.But from what I heard you keep your items, money,armor ect... But you lose your levels, recruited characters, and weapon status.

Just complete the game. Damn the next to last battle was hard. Anyway Your items(Armor,Scrolls, Emblems, Acc.,Materials), money, and gold carry over. Thats it.

Last edited by Ray5555; 08-10-2008 at 11:44 AM.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:16 PM   #34
a_correa4

acedawg4's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Why is there not a lot of info on this great game????? The reveiws on it only gave it a 4.9, does anyone agree with that???
Old 08-12-2008, 02:18 AM   #35
AtticusTribune

Is anyone else having trouble getting Primarose?
i have constructed numerous Steel Breast's but her mission doesnt appear, is there a certain time you have to do it?
AtticusTribune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 02:18 AM   #36
AtticusTribune

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_correa4 View Post
Why is there not a lot of info on this great game????? The reveiws on it only gave it a 4.9, does anyone agree with that???
not at all, to me this game is at LEAST! a 8.7 i love this game lol
AtticusTribune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 03:41 AM   #37
Ray5555

Ray5555's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtticusTribune View Post
Is anyone else having trouble getting Primarose?
i have constructed numerous Steel Breast's but her mission doesnt appear, is there a certain time you have to do it?
Easy if you fulfill the Requirements then there are only a few reasons.

1.) you are not high enough Mercenary rank.
2.) they went to another kingdom, which needs to be destroyed(happens extremely rare, and only when the conditions are not met to get them).
3.) their kingdom still Exists. So you can't recruit them until their kingdom is finished.

For Primrose the elf kingdom needs to be gone. You need to be at least a level 2 merc rank, and you need to make a steel breast, not a steel plate.
If all is done then her mission will be available. She appears when your new recruits are like level 35+. If not check to see if she joined any other Armies.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:41 PM   #38
Greg0fTheDead

Greg0fTheDead's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Hey, just a quick tip on Zakifon and the "Possible Pursuers" mission to get him- I was like 45 hours into the game and was near the end but still had not gotten his mission, it did not appear until I unlocked the "S" rank achievement and my mercenary rank went to "Licsensed". Just a heads up to anyone that is having trouble finding Zakifon, not sure if that relates to everyone, but thats how I got his mission to show up....took me forever to snag an S rank :P
Greg0fTheDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 06:05 PM   #39
WarpedLord

WarpedLord's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray5555 View Post
Al 25 Recruited Al
Complete the The Battle God mission, and do not let Al die.

You need to choose who you will destroy first, either the Nameless army, or Underworld Army. This mission will only appear if you defeated the Nameless Army first, and the Underworld Army, as well as the Overlord Armyis still alive.
Wow, did I screw myself then ... I destroyed the Overlord army early on, then when I was down to three kingdoms left (Underworld, Nameless, and the kingdom you fight for in the beginning) I took out the Nameless Army. Sigh... I've got a save from before I took out the Nameless army.. but there's a bunch of ugly missions between then and where I am...

Guess there's always the second playthrough... yaaaay.
WarpedLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 12:32 AM   #40
Ray5555

Ray5555's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpedLord View Post
Wow, did I screw myself then ... I destroyed the Overlord army early on, then when I was down to three kingdoms left (Underworld, Nameless, and the kingdom you fight for in the beginning) I took out the Nameless Army. Sigh... I've got a save from before I took out the Nameless army.. but there's a bunch of ugly missions between then and where I am...

Guess there's always the second playthrough... yaaaay.
Well no as long as the Underworld Army is dead, you can get Break. The reason why you can get both Break and Al in the same playthrough. Is cause you kill Wave in Break's mission

Quote:
Hey, just a quick tip on Zakifon and the "Possible Pursuers" mission to get him- I was like 45 hours into the game and was near the end but still had not gotten his mission, it did not appear until I unlocked the "S" rank achievement and my mercenary rank went to "Licsensed". Just a heads up to anyone that is having trouble finding Zakifon, not sure if that relates to everyone, but thats how I got his mission to show up....took me forever to snag an S rank :P
No you need to be a high mercenary rank. Getting a S rank on a mission is not a requirement for unlocking Zakifon's mission.

Last edited by Ray5555; 08-13-2008 at 12:34 AM.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:39 AM   #41
WarpedLord

WarpedLord's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray5555 View Post
Well no as long as the Underworld Army is dead, you can get Break. The reason why you can get both Break and Al in the same playthrough. Is cause you kill Wave in Break's mission
Okay... I'm confused... So... the last 4 armies I had left were:

Overlord
Nameless
Flauster
Underworld

I destroyed the Overlord army at this point, leaving

Nameless
Flauster
Underworld

At this point, I saved (as still have a save ready) and then took out the Nameless, leaving:

Flauster
Underworld

So, I'm in part 2 of destroying the Underworld army now, which will just leave Flauster as the last one standing.

So... will I be able to get Al still in this game, or just Break by going back to my earlier save and taking out UW?
Old 08-13-2008, 05:52 AM   #42
Ray5555

Ray5555's Gamercard

Quote:
Okay... I'm confused... So... the last 4 armies I had left were:

Overlord
Nameless
Flauster
Underworld

I destroyed the Overlord army at this point, leaving

Nameless
Flauster
Underworld

At this point, I saved (as still have a save ready) and then took out the Nameless, leaving:

Flauster
Underworld

So, I'm in part 2 of destroying the Underworld army now, which will just leave Flauster as the last one standing.

So... will I be able to get Al still in this game, or just Break by going back to my earlier save and taking out UW?
Well you can only get Break now since the Overlord Army is dead. See in order to get Al you need both the Underworld Army, and Overlord Army still alive. Since if the Underworld army is dead you will trigger Break's mission which will have you kill Wave. Thus never getting Al. You need the Overlord Army alive since they are the ones going after Wave, and Al. With out them alive the mission will never take place. So your only hope is to get Break in this playthrough.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:40 PM   #43
WarpedLord

WarpedLord's Gamercard
Okay.. makes sense. Looks like I'll have to jump back and grab Break, and then snag AL on my 2nd playthru.

Thanks for the clarification and great guide.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:37 AM   #44
Extra Saucy

Shred Asics 13's Gamercard
Hiro

Ok..I am now at Mercenary King, I have all of the missions unlocked that I should have except "Prodigy of the Flame". My last two kingdoms are New Muromachi and Shilineeg. I'm assuming that if I take out Muromachi next I will have access to Hiro's Mission??

Then it's on to New Game + for Al and Jadou!
Extra Saucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 05:07 AM   #45
Ray5555

Ray5555's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extra Saucy View Post
Ok..I am now at Mercenary King, I have all of the missions unlocked that I should have except "Prodigy of the Flame". My last two kingdoms are New Muromachi and Shilineeg. I'm assuming that if I take out Muromachi next I will have access to Hiro's Mission??

Yeah but if you have a save before you destroyed the Overlord Army, Underworld Army, Nameless Army, and a 4th Army. You can go back and get Al real quick.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:05 AM   #46
WarpedLord

WarpedLord's Gamercard
Quote:

Just so you don't miss it.. the mission name is actually "Prodigy of Blaze"... and you don't have to be down to one army to trigger it... I got it with two armies left... I'd check the list again if I were you.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:37 AM   #47
Extra Saucy

I think you probably have New Muromachi already gone then. Hiro is still the general of them, since they still exist.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:52 PM   #48
WarpedLord

WarpedLord's Gamercard
Quote:
I think you probably have New Muromachi already gone then. Hiro is still the general of them, since they still exist.
Aah... yeah... that's correct. Muromachi was destroyed by when I had four left by one of the other countries. I didn't participate... was kinda surprised by that, too...
Old 08-14-2008, 03:26 PM   #49
Extra Saucy

Yeah, I think that is what is causing confusion for everyone. Other than Al/Break, everyone seems to be attainable in random orders. I was flipping out early on, but now I understand how it all works out. Since everyone was defeating different kingdoms first, people were getting different characters at different times.

Just gotta make sure we do it right the second time through for Al/Break. I have a save that I could revert too, but I mine as well just grab the other on the 2nd run.

I just hope I can finish this up before Infinite Undiscovery is released
Old 08-15-2008, 06:11 PM   #50
johnnyd

CasaDeBen's Gamercard
How did you get Rimm? it was apparently the second achievement you got, but I didnt have that mission at all.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:05 PM   #51
Extra Saucy

Yep, that was it. I took Muromachi out, had a conversation with Diaz, and that triggered "Prodigy of the Blaze".

Now I just want to get the end so I can start my next run. I just need to grab Al and Jadou(and everyone else of course!).
Old 08-16-2008, 02:07 AM   #52
Ray5555

Ray5555's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyd View Post
How did you get Rimm? it was apparently the second achievement you got, but I didnt have that mission at all.
Easy just beat the muimei knight(or what ever they are called, they get crushed as soon as you kill off the elves)
Old 08-16-2008, 04:30 AM   #53
johnnyd

CasaDeBen's Gamercard
I think I missed out... I guess ill look again on a second playthrough, can you only get characters on a mission and not in the find work part? cause ya, i destroyed the elves, but never saw a mission about aid. and i have nothing about defeating the people you said
Old 08-17-2008, 05:04 AM   #54
Ray5555

Ray5555's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyd View Post
I think I missed out... I guess ill look again on a second playthrough, can you only get characters on a mission and not in the find work part? cause ya, i destroyed the elves, but never saw a mission about aid. and i have nothing about defeating the people you said
The meimei knights(or what ever they are called) has to be destroyed, usually this will happen when you destroy the elves, but it may not.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:33 AM   #55
WarpedLord

WarpedLord's Gamercard
Okay... so... just to make sure I don't screw this up on playthrough #2...

All I need is Al and Jadou...

I've taken out the Nameless Army, leaving:

Underworld
Overlord
Shinileeg

Now... if I understand this guide correctly, if I take out the Underworld next, then the Overlord after that, I should be able to get the missions for Al and Little Snow (and thus Jadou), right?

Then again... I suppose to be safe, I could just take out Shinileeg, then the Overlord... since I have no real need to take out the Underworld at all... maybe?!?

..or do I need to keep a save before the next country elimination and do them in separate attempts?

Aaargh... this is too damned confusing.

Last edited by WarpedLord; 08-19-2008 at 04:35 AM.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:12 AM   #56
Ray5555

Ray5555's Gamercard

Quote:

Underworld
Overlord
Shinileeg

Now... if I understand this guide correctly, if I take out the Underworld next, then the Overlord after that, I should be able to get the missions for Al and Little Snow (and thus Jadou), right?

Then again... I suppose to be safe, I could just take out Shinileeg, then the Overlord... since I have no real need to take out the Underworld at all... maybe?!?

..or do I need to keep a save before the next country elimination and do them in separate attempts?

You should be fine, but I would kill off shinileeg first just to be guaranteed to get al then reload and kill off the underworld army/overlord army
Old 08-19-2008, 03:04 PM   #57
Extra Saucy

Quote:

Underworld
Overlord
Shinileeg

I am in the exact same situation WarpedLord.

From what I understand, and from what Ray5555 has mentioned in various posts, I would assume that you would leave underworld and overworld for your last two. When we are down to those two armies and have mercenary king rank, Al's mission should unlock, correct?

Overworld needs to be alive, because they are pursuing Al.
Underworld alive, so that Break is still employed by the Army and not allowing his mission to trigger.

After getting Al, we then take out Overworld to unlock Little Snow, which then unlocks the Jadou mission.

Of course, you can unlock Al, then go to a previous save and play things out differently(so long as you still get Little Snow/Jadou)
Old 08-19-2008, 03:09 PM   #58
Extra Saucy

Sorry for multi-post.

You're second scenario seems perfect to me, because you will have netted Hiro,Jadou,and Al just in time for the level 8 missions. (Al for achievement purposes, assuming nobody uses her).

Bottom line, if Underworld is the last Army, you will have NOT triggered Break at all. and you will have gotten access to everyone else. Correct?
Old 08-19-2008, 04:33 PM   #59
WarpedLord

WarpedLord's Gamercard
So, there's a couple ways to make it work... good.

The game scared the crap out of me yesterday... after I completed "Unidentified Monsters 2", the computer took out the Underworld army... I freaked out, since the only previous save I had was several hours earlier. Luckily, I figured I'd try re-loading the battle, and when I did it again, this time the computer took out the Nameless army. Whew... good thing there's some randomness there.

Thanks for the advice guys... should be able to get those last few achievements tonight or tomorrow... just in time for Infinite Undiscovery to drop!
Old 08-19-2008, 06:43 PM   #60
Extra Saucy

Quote:
So, there's a couple ways to make it work... good.

The game scared the crap out of me yesterday... after I completed "Unidentified Monsters 2", the computer took out the Underworld army... I freaked out, since the only previous save I had was several hours earlier. Luckily, I figured I'd try re-loading the battle, and when I did it again, this time the computer took out the Nameless army. Whew... good thing there's some randomness there.

Thanks for the advice guys... should be able to get those last few achievements tonight or tomorrow... just in time for Infinite Undiscovery to drop!
You read my mind about Infinite Undiscovery! I was so worried about finishing this game on time, but we'll make it with time to spare.

It's good to hear that you can re-do that battle if the computer eliminates Under/Overworld. I will save after every battle, just to be safe. You are way ahead of me(I'm like 5 hr into New Game +) and I'd be curious to know how the Al & Jadou recruiting goes. If I get to it this week, I'll do the same, but it you're way ahead of me. Standing up in 4 weddings this summer has totally killed my Anti-Social life