PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Bionic Commando Rearmed
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-19-2008, 04:14 AM   #31
Harmonixer

First post, yay!

Anyway, here's a video of how to finish Secret Challenge 2. Like the description says, it's not a 5 star time, but you'll be able to finish it.

Harmonixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 05:06 AM   #32
Matrarch

Matrarch's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I never thought to grab the block to the left to bounce back down to the lower right block. o_O

I'll be trying this in the morning. Thanks much for posting!

Oh, and welcome to the site!

My 360 has something to say!

RIP 360 #1 12/18/07-5/4/08
RIP 360 #2 5/19/08-7/11/10
360 #3 7/23/10-11/4/10 (Still functional, but belongs to someone else now!)

360s 11/4/10- (Hopefully won't need to fill in this blank!)
Matrarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 08:24 AM   #33
BTHR Zero X
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to BTHR Zero X Send a message via MSN to BTHR Zero X Send a message via Yahoo to BTHR Zero X

BTHR Zero X's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Hay guys i got some thing for you read this

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-KILL
Put in the code during the splash screen of the game (where only the logo and the words “Press START” are shown). If the intro starts to run again before a code is punched in it, you fail and you must go back to the splash screen to start again.
The good news for you is that if you can't enter this code during the splash screen, you had zero chance of completing the challenge anyway, so it's easier on everyone!

GamesRadar Challenge Room (available only in English versions)

PS3
R1, Triangle, Square, Square, Up, Down, L1, L1, Up, Down, Start

Xbox 360 and PC
R-Bumper, Y, X, X, Up, Down, L- Bumper, L- Bumper, Up, Down, Start

IGN Challenge Room (available only in English versions)

PS3
Up, Down, Triangle, Square, Square, Triangle, Down, Up, L1, L1, Start

Xbox 360 (and PC)
Up, Down, Y, X, X, Y, Down, Up, L- Bumper, L- Bumper, Start
Click here for a brief video of the IGN room in "action" (I use the term loosely since the player in the video fails at the first hard part of the level. Did I mention these Challenge Rooms are actually challenging? It's a weird concept in games these days...).
S-Kill is Capcoms Seth the Street Fight God
BTHR Zero X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 08:48 AM   #34
BTHR Zero X
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to BTHR Zero X Send a message via MSN to BTHR Zero X Send a message via Yahoo to BTHR Zero X

BTHR Zero X's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Submit - Gold
IGN: Drop down and move to the right and Crouch right next to the Falling Floor, Now Grab the block to your right and pull yourself in (B). You will fall down just move right next to the two fans. Crouch and Grab the block to your right and pull yourself in (B) Again. You will fall down once more now move along until you are under the first of the two fans Upwards Grap and pull yourself up and on top of the two fans. a soon as you on the fans do horizontal Grab (Down + B) and then quickly press down to drop on the peice of floor next to the fans. turn around and Crouch then Grab the block to your left and pull yourself in (B). Now Upwards Grap and pull yourself up on top of the Floor move so you are just on the Falling Floor and the normal Floor and Crouch and Grab the block to your left and pull yourself in (B). as soon as you reach the block the Floor with fall as soon as it does Upwards Grap and pull yourself up on top of the Floor. Now move left and drop on to the Red Line
Old 08-19-2008, 03:00 PM   #35
BTHR Zero X
Banned User

BTHR Zero X's Gamercard

Ok Number 49: i can do every thing to a T but the Drop cancel at the end all ways dropsme in to the shaft and i then die because of the spiked walls any Tips other then the one provided
Old 08-19-2008, 04:40 PM   #36
BTHR Zero X
Banned User

BTHR Zero X's Gamercard

Challenge Room 51

Old 08-20-2008, 01:22 AM   #37
Karachi King

Karachi King's Gamercard
Does anyone have any further tips for up up and away(challenge 48 I think)? I just can't seem to get the hang of it. I've managed to get to the second block a few times, but then the third block is so ridiculously high, I can't get anywhere near it...
Karachi King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 08:38 PM   #38
Benderpl

I have big problems with last part of final exam challenge (in video guide - 1:15). I can't grab this block in order to swing. I try drop and grab but my claw always missed or passed right trough it. Can you give me any tips?
Benderpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 01:32 AM   #39
MachineAres

AKB48xIDOLING's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Finally got Going Down, all that's left is 49.

And I'm with Zero X on the 49, I can do everything perfectly but it never drop cancels right. Any further advice? Alternate method?

EDIT: Finally got it. Completely disregard the strategy in this guide, its very wrong, you'll never finish 49 with that method.

Do everything like before, but drop off the left side of the final block and immediately grab it. Swing all the way over with a regular right swing to aim for the 4th block with a default grab. Make sure when you do the default grab that you're at exactly the right angle to hit the block all the way over there but MAKE SURE that you're directly over the hole you need to drop into. When you have the timing and placement exactly right, in mid-air, as SOON as your claw hits that block, jam the B button to start a rappel but simultaneously jam down on the analog to do one of the straight-down rappel drops right into the hole.

Last edited by MachineAres; 08-22-2008 at 02:23 AM.
MachineAres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 08:53 AM   #40
mailmanchris

MailmanChris's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
THE way to beat Secret Challenge 4 (and likely get an Eagle)

SO, first I have to admit this is not mine...

In searching for info on google, I popped a forum on bionic commando.com where a dev was talking with gamers. This gamer, ARivalSRK, had the #1 score and posted the video as well.

Drop the gate and run to the end of the fall-away blocks. Grapple top right corner of 3rd block and swing to launch right. Down grab (straight shot) to the right to grab the block and hoist up. Stand to the corner facing left and default grapple left. swing up and down grab to pick up the bullet then IMMEDIATELY turn right and down grab the block. Swing and launch right to the barrier.

It takes some practice to nail the down grab left - down grab right manuever but it works. I posted a 10 second time good enough for top 25 and a Bronze Eagle star rating....

Here's the video

mailmanchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 05:58 PM   #41
Darcalus

Thank you very much for this. i got this easily thanks to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineAres View Post
Finally got Going Down, all that's left is 49.

And I'm with Zero X on the 49, I can do everything perfectly but it never drop cancels right. Any further advice? Alternate method?

EDIT: Finally got it. Completely disregard the strategy in this guide, its very wrong, you'll never finish 49 with that method.

Do everything like before, but drop off the left side of the final block and immediately grab it. Swing all the way over with a regular right swing to aim for the 4th block with a default grab. Make sure when you do the default grab that you're at exactly the right angle to hit the block all the way over there but MAKE SURE that you're directly over the hole you need to drop into. When you have the timing and placement exactly right, in mid-air, as SOON as your claw hits that block, jam the B button to start a rappel but simultaneously jam down on the analog to do one of the straight-down rappel drops right into the hole.
Darcalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 02:19 PM   #42
Matrarch

Matrarch's Gamercard

The following video isn't mine, but it is the strategy for how to beat secret challenge room 3 which, if the leaderboards are anything to go by, only 7 people have conquered.

Good luck all.

Old 08-26-2008, 02:11 AM   #43
Matrarch

Matrarch's Gamercard

Apparently there are yet two more Secret rooms:

Aaron Sedillo's Room

Xbox 360: Right, Down, Left, Up, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, Y, Y, X, X, Start

Eurogamer Challenge Room

Xbox 360: Down, Up, Down, Up, Left, Left Bumper, X, Left Bumper, X, Y, Start

Wonder how much more they hid in there?

Old 08-26-2008, 02:51 AM   #44
RavenBlackthorn

RavenBlackthorn's Gamercard
Moooore challenge rooms? Heheh. As if the first 56 weren't enough.

Anyway, sorry if my description of 49 didn't help some of you. I tired a couple different methods and that particular one worked for me. Maybe it was a fluke. :>
RavenBlackthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:27 PM   #45
BTHR Zero X
Banned User

BTHR Zero X's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrarch View Post
Apparently there are yet two more Secret rooms:

Aaron Sedillo's Room

Xbox 360: Right, Down, Left, Up, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, Y, Y, X, X, Start

Eurogamer Challenge Room

Xbox 360: Down, Up, Down, Up, Left, Left Bumper, X, Left Bumper, X, Y, Start

Wonder how much more they hid in there?
well heres the list of codes that ive been gathering

oh and these all take up one spot which is 57 you can only have 1 code on at any 1 given time

Xbox 360 And PC Codes

Aaron Sedillo's Room : 360 And PC Enter At the title screen: Right, Down, Left, Up, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, Y, Y, X, X, Start
GamesRadar : 360 And PC Enter At the title screen: Right Bumper, Y, X, X, Up, Down, Left Bumper, Left Bumper, Up, Down, Start
IGN : 360 And PC Enter At the title screen: Up, Down, Y, X, X, Y, Down, Up, Left Bumper, Left Bumper, Start
Eurogamer : 360 And PC Enter At the title screen: Down, up, down, up, left, LB, X, LB, X, Y, Start
Major Nelson : 360 Only Enter At the title screen: Left Bumpe, X, X, X, Right, Down, Left Bumper, Left, Y, Down, Start

PS3 Codes

Aaron Sedillo's Room : PS3 Enter At the title screen: Right, Down, Left, Up, L1, R1, Triangle, Triangle, Square, Square, Start
GamesRader : PS3 Enter At the title screen: R1, Triangle, Square, Square, Up, Down, L1, L1, Up, Down, Start
IGN : PS3 Enter At the title screen: R1, Triangle, Square, Square, Up, Down, L1, L1, Up, Down, Start
EuroGamer : PS3 Enter At the title screen: Down, up, down, up, left, L1, square, L1, square, triangle, START

Last edited by BTHR Zero X; 08-26-2008 at 12:30 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:11 AM   #46
Genuine Fiber

I'm really having trouble with 51, I can never make my arm short enough on the last grab, I always slam into the spikes on the floor. Any tips?
Genuine Fiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 12:29 AM   #47
BTHR Zero X
Banned User

BTHR Zero X's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genuine Fiber View Post
I'm really having trouble with 51, I can never make my arm short enough on the last grab, I always slam into the spikes on the floor. Any tips?
man its all about practice my friend thats the best advice i can give. its the hardest normal challenge next to 56 just keep praticing it you'll get it
Old 09-01-2008, 03:13 AM   #48
Genuine Fiber

Yep I got it, now beating my head against 56. I've got it about halfway down.
Genuine Fiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 01:33 AM   #49
Blue Radium

Blue Radium's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Gold
I (finally) finished all 56 challenge rooms. I haven't even finished the main storyline, but I figured that I should just get it out of the way. In particular, Swinging Commando, Going Down, and of course, Final Exam, gave me the most trouble. I'm just glad to have them finished with. Well 4 achievements down, 8 to go. Elite Commando looks like the only one that will give me serious trouble, the other 7 are probably going to come along easy. Good luck to everyone who is trying to unlock A Real Challenge, repeated attempts and memorizing the course is the best way to get all 56 challenges done. Hell, it took me 266 attempts to finally finish Final Exam.

Finally the proud owner of: =)

Blue Radium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 05:41 AM   #50
notdryad

not dryad's Gamercard
I'm on Final Exam and I just can't seem to nail the drop-grapple near the end. Everything else I can do just fine. Rarely I can actually do a drop-grapple on a single block, but I can't get any momentum to swing to the right. Is there more to it than just tap down then immediately hit B and hold right to propel yourself forward? Even when I start spamming my B button right after I hit down it rarely works.
notdryad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 01:35 PM   #51
judagrmn

TheSativaCyborg's Gamercard
798 tries and the Final Exam is done...Finished most of the challenges up til I unlocked the last set with 56, then just skipped right to 56 and never gave up lol. I figured after watching the video, if I could get this one, the rest would be cake. I actually struggled on an earlier one more then I did 56 though (up up and away). I had fun on 56 til I got to the part after getting the last bullet/bottle whatev it is. I just could not get the damn drop grapple to get momentum again. First time I got the swing, I nailed the last part woot!

30K - March 7, 2010
judagrmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 06:56 AM   #52
Cheezus Chrust

Cheezus Chrust's Gamercard
To those having problems with the final drop grapple swing at the end of Challenge 56:

Don't do it like that, I found an easier way. Instead of trying to hit the girder when aiming up, try to hit the VERY EDGE of the right side of the black block while standing on the ground. If you get it JUST right the claw will go past the girder and you'll be able to climb up onto the black block with no fuss. I'm terrible, but I managed to pass that part much more quickly/consistently using this method rather than swinging. Give it a shot!
Cheezus Chrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:33 AM   #53
SplotchyAndre

if i start a new game do my progress in the challange rooms reset or what?? been trying to find a answer for days now
SplotchyAndre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:30 PM   #54
Azraiel

Azraie1's Gamercard
Final Challenge Room

That last challenge room is ridiculous! Thanks for the video ... we'll see if I can physically recreate it!
Azraiel is offline   Reply With Quote