Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Lost Planet
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-27-2009, 06:05 PM   #31
HJxXiSkull

Send a message via AIM to HJxXiSkull
Cool

Just repicked up this game. I ll keep your guide in mind thanks.
HJxXiSkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:01 PM   #32
Owned

Send a message via AIM to Owned Send a message via MSN to Owned

LegenD NO ScopE's Gamercard
Why would they disgusie mission achievements as secrets? What noobs
Owned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 09:12 PM   #33
DestroyThineslf

DestroyThineslf's Gamercard
Im playing on extreme mode now, the VS for the mission 7 boss, is a must have, I messed up and have no VS, and dont feel like getting all those Target Marks again. I've been stuck forever...
Old 02-19-2009, 02:18 PM   #34
Spartanwarninja

SpartanWarNinja's Gamercard
RARRRRRRRRRRRRRRWWWWWWWWWWWWAAARRRr

MISSION 7 IS A PAIN!

I have 999 t-eng in the last waypoint and i use the plasma gun to knock out the vs and i have 700 then by the time i make it to the VS i have 0 t-eng and a billion things shooting at me.

this is on extreme btw.
Spartanwarninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 02:59 PM   #35
I Crush All
Banned User

I Crush All's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanwarninja View Post
RARRRRRRRRRRRRRRWWWWWWWWWWWWAAARRRr

MISSION 7 IS A PAIN!

I have 999 t-eng in the last waypoint and i use the plasma gun to knock out the vs and i have 700 then by the time i make it to the VS i have 0 t-eng and a billion things shooting at me.

this is on extreme btw.
The KEY to mission 7 is getting a ton of T-ENG BEFORE you hit the last check point before you knock the guy out of the VS you need for the Boss battle. It is really the best way. If you do not make it to the check point at the building with about 3k of T-ENG you need to start over or not take the check point. I have to say that was a challenging process to figure out how to do it AND get the target marks. BUT if you are struggling you can always do as I say in the guide and get the massive amount of T-ENG right at the start and then head to the check point once you get the fly VS that is down in the valley a little bit in to the board. You have to still eliminate all the Akrid and VS either way but atleast you will have a ton of T-ENG. If you are not prepared to deal with each VS and Akrid properly I can see where mission 7 would be a royal pain. Follow my guide and if you need help send me a PM and I will do what I can.

Also get the plasma gun BEFORE you get in the building because it makes the mission a lot easier to. See the guide I tell you exactly where the Plasma Gun is on the second section of the board after the first cut scene.

Last edited by I Crush All; 02-23-2009 at 03:04 PM.
I Crush All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 03:09 PM   #36
b3nnyth3gr33k

b3nnyth3gr33k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Nice Guide

b3nnyth3gr33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:22 AM   #37
SkeithKC

SkeithKC669's Gamercard
Hope this helps because this game is killing me by being so hard.
SkeithKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 01:52 PM   #38
Spartanwarninja

SpartanWarNinja's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crush All View Post
The KEY to mission 7 is getting a ton of T-ENG BEFORE you hit the last check point before you knock the guy out of the VS you need for the Boss battle. It is really the best way. If you do not make it to the check point at the building with about 3k of T-ENG you need to start over or not take the check point. I have to say that was a challenging process to figure out how to do it AND get the target marks. BUT if you are struggling you can always do as I say in the guide and get the massive amount of T-ENG right at the start and then head to the check point once you get the fly VS that is down in the valley a little bit in to the board. You have to still eliminate all the Akrid and VS either way but atleast you will have a ton of T-ENG. If you are not prepared to deal with each VS and Akrid properly I can see where mission 7 would be a royal pain. Follow my guide and if you need help send me a PM and I will do what I can.

Also get the plasma gun BEFORE you get in the building because it makes the mission a lot easier to. See the guide I tell you exactly where the Plasma Gun is on the second section of the board after the first cut scene.
I'll try that out but i hate having to play this damn level its so frustrating.3rd time i had to restart.I'll get to it when i feel like being pissed off. Thanks for the tips though.

Edit:What is this checkpoint you speak of in the second area where all the akrids spawn in the snow Vally?

Last edited by Spartanwarninja; 02-26-2009 at 01:55 PM.
Spartanwarninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 10:03 AM   #39
Logical

Looks like a great guide, If i decide to go back and try and get that missing 200g I'll be using this for sure.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:04 PM   #40
Master Michl

Master Michl's Gamercard
I almost forgot to say thanks after playing through extreme last weekend with "relative" ease.

I only wish I had started using this guide right from the start and not from mission 7 onwards like I did.

Awesome guide, thanks man!!

Mike, dedicated gamer.
Master Michl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 03:54 PM   #41
Kevin Boleware

Kevin Boleware's Gamercard
Had given up on this game. After reading this excellent guide though, I may go back and try to get the 1000 for this game.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:09 PM   #42
Kebabsaurus Rex

Kebabsaurus Rex's Gamercard
Very, very, very easy way to beat the mission 8 boss. As the guide says get to the boss in your VS - MAKE SURE you have the energy gun.

drop down to the 3 VS tanks at the very end, get out of your VS and shoot each VS with your charged energy gun which throws out the driver of each VS, kill them and take a tank VS.

now simply pound the crap out of the boss, if your VS gets killed you still have 2 other VS tanks on the board and the VS your brought. Obviously each VS tank has a fast firing cannon which helps cause massive damage very quickly.

It took me 2mins to kill the boss like this, I didnt even lose one VS tank as they can take so much damage. I got to the boss with 6000 T-ENG.
Kebabsaurus Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:19 AM   #43
seshosama

Seshosama's Gamercard
This guide seems based on a video guide,where can i find this guide? i cant find anywhere a video guide on extreme with all marks =/

Thanks
Old 04-09-2009, 02:01 PM   #44
Kebabsaurus Rex

I looked at the videos on you tube from nextgenwalkthroughs.

if you type that into you tube and then search their videos for lost planet it gives how they do the levels which agrees with how "I crush" explains how he does it / doesnt do it.

None of those videos give target markers BTW. I used the pictures posted from the japanese site.

I couldnt be bothered with target marks from mission 9 onwards as well, too annoying as I cant be bothered to do the game on hard and normal for 50 points.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:22 AM   #45
seshosama

Seshosama's Gamercard
yeah,i'm using their videos,but i feel like it is completely useles,he just makes his way to the boss,this dosen't help when you are after the marks...i'm using pictures as references also,i'm in mission 08 right now,the part were the 2 vs jump down the bridge,thanks for the help
Old 04-10-2009, 01:35 PM   #46
Kebabsaurus Rex

cool man, hope you get on OK.

I just had to use the pictures as well but the mission with the worm was hard as hell to get all the marks and then on 1 mission I must have missed one so I just forgot about it.

I know you might not want to but ignoring the marks makes extreme pretty easy.

Lets hope they dont bother with something like this in Lost Planet 2.

I wouldnt mind so much if once you shot them they registered but having to do it again and again if you die is just a pain in the ass.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:46 PM   #47
SiR x VeiRoN x

VeiRoN v2's Gamercard
Longest guide i've ever seen lol nice job!
Old 05-15-2009, 07:30 PM   #48
drx86

drx86's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Angry

About two years ago i finished it on Easy and then i put it away on a shelf.

Last week i finished Normal and i'm currently at mission 8 on Hard and getting to level 11 on extreme seems so far away.... (thinking about boss #4 ).

It's so frustrating. You can't for example just play one level when you want to as you always have to check the websites for the TM locations and strategies. Thats the annoying part.

Last edited by drx86; 05-15-2009 at 07:40 PM.
drx86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:50 PM   #49
Pain Psycho

PAIN Psycho's Gamercard
excellent guid it helped me alot even in extreme and finding all coins you are a genius man
Pain Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 08:52 AM   #50
Bruk

Bruk360's Gamercard
I can't even imagine how much time this saved me. Great guide, helped me a LOT in getting 1000 in this bitchass game.
2nd on x360a to 1000 Guitar Hero: World Tour
3rd on x360a to 200 Geon (08/27/08) and Super Contra (12/2/08)
Bruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:06 AM   #51
Namaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crush All View Post
BOSS FIGHT
As soon as you get in through the orange jelly like opening to get in to the boss room jump, hover and fly across and land on the shotgun. The boss will not initiate until you hit the ground. Now get the other 2 rockets int he room. Turn back to where you came in the room and jump up to the ledge directly above the T-ENG tanks.

By now the Spider Boss is in the room and will come very close to you and look at you. Shoot your rockets and Shotgun on a leg it will quickly fall off. Now get one more leg. He will go down. Now you can stay up here and shoot rockets at his back. If you stay up there equip the grenade launcher and use that too. If you Choose to go down to the boss you stay with the shotgun and rockets and you will inflict massive damage. Either way you will quickly destroy this boss if you prepared well and have the right weapons. DO NOT FOLLOW THE VIDEO GUIDE IT WILL CAUSE YOU A TON OF FRUSTRATTION. If you go down to the ground floor at any time you will take a lot of damage from the exploding Akrid.
I honestly don't see how that tip of beating the mission 9 boss works, as he constantly shoots web balls at you while you're on top of the ledge.
Namaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:29 PM   #52
faultrd

faultrd's Gamercard
Just wanted to say this looks to be an awesome guide, nice one for taking the time to write it. I'll definitely use it if I decide to go for Extreme after finishing my easy playthrough.
faultrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:09 PM   #53
goldenpp72

Goldenpp75's Gamercard
While I wish the guide were a bit shorter winded for ease of reading, it has helped me get to mission 7 so far, on top of video guides for exact target marker locations. Thanks!
goldenpp72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:12 AM   #54
goldenpp72

Goldenpp75's Gamercard
thanks to the guide and the video guide I finally beat extreme with ALL target marks, mission 11 marks were some of the most annoying things in history, especially the one you can't even see :/
goldenpp72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 04:06 AM   #55
Latuszek

Latuszek's Gamercard
I wasn't even going to try extreme until I saw this guide. You're a credit to gamers everywhere, thank you.
Latuszek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 03:12 PM   #56
Pheonix_Assassin
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to Pheonix_Assassin

Phe0nixAssass1n's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Looks very indepth and if im ever stuck on this game that i just purchased then i will defo look at this guide as soon as.
Pheonix_Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:59 PM   #57
mig0

MIG0's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Only reason I am renting this is because I rented it 2 years ago and got 10 points in a mission (this was before I figured out that I should try out games with my silver accounts instead) I looked at the achievements and I'm not sure 1000 pts, nevermind 750 is easily achieveable these days (by this I mean there may be difficulties getting online matches or something) So am i wrong? I don't think I'll try to get the full 1000... I'm already trying to do COD3 on veteran and don't want to do this on extreme too.
mig0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 01:16 AM   #58
Dack124
Banned User

DAck124's Gamercard
This guide is very well written. Congratulations.
Dack124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 04:19 PM   #59
lenistar

Lenistar's Gamercard
thanks so much, i really enjoyed using ur guide. its fantastic and made things easier a lotfinally i got 1000 on that one
lenistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:03 PM   #60
Jed05

Jed05's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Wall of Text! Too Long! Did Not Read!

1st post per page only!
Jed05 is offline   Reply With Quote