|08-25-2008, 05:02 AM||#1|
Join Date: Mar 2007
Watkins glen glitch??
I am doing the contract on Watkins glen. I draw 2 cautions and then race and someone else gets a caution and I am in 1st.
This is where it goes wrong I race my ass off to stay in 1st and try not to hit anything then a couple of laps later the race finishes for no reason and I finish 43rd. Does any one know why?
|09-02-2008, 09:12 AM||#2|
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: United States
This is a guide I wrote back last year when I was playing this game and I found out a method to beat Watkens Glenn. I hope it works for you. I couldn't find where I posted this on here so I guess I didn't.
How to beat Watkins Glen:
1. Pull to a dead stop and back into reverse to caution up a yellow flag.
2. Cutscene and race starts over with you in last place.
3. Repeat step 1 by backing into reverse for a yellow flag.
4. Cutscene and race starts over with you in last place.
5. Repeat steps 1 & 2 and back into reverse for a yellow flag.
6. Cutscene and race starts over with you in last place.
7. Repeat by backing up into reverse for another yellow flag. (Getting bored yet?)
8. This should now be lap # officially. (If it isn't, cross the finish line)
9. Now, just lag behind everybody else and let them do the racing. Don't stray too far behind, just concentrate more on being quick AND staying on the path without getting any flags. (If you get any flags than what is in this guide, restart)
10. Keep racing in last place until you get to lap 14.
11. Slow down near the finish line and come to a complete stop when you are officially on lap 15. Back into reverse to pull out another caution and yellow flag.
12. Cutscene and race starts over with you in last place.
13. This should now skip you a few laps, which is good. I believe you now have to drive 23 laps total. (Could be mistaken)
14. Stay in last place and just follow the AI cars like you have been doing. Once you get to near the final stretch, you'll notice them slowing down big time. Go ahead and pass the ones that you can easily pass without ramming them.
15. You'll get near the last part of the track by the pit and see a LOT of cars pulling off to go into the pit. Now's your chance!
16. This is where it gets really random.. You could be in 1st place or 2nd place; maybe 3rd. I'm not sure because every race is random in Nascar 08. If you are in 3rd place, go ahead and try to get to 2nd. You'll only have to worry about a single car to get in front of. If you are in 2nd, you MAY have a car behind you in 3rd, but if you go quickly it shouldn't be a problem. Once you cross the finish line the race is completed.
I'm sorry I can't be more specific on the last part of this guide, but I was surprised that two AI cars didn't refuel like the rest. As I said above, if you try this there is a possibility that all the AI cars WILL refuel, and there's a possibility that you might end up in 3rd place. Only the game itself knows the schematics.
You will NOT have to worry about fuel at all. You will have 5 gallons or so once you cross the last finish line. Don't even worry about fuel.
Obviously, there's no need to pass any cars or go crazy or fast. Take your time, be patient and just stay behind everybody else until the final lap of the guide. You will want to stay vigilent on the final lap after everybody is pitting because there may be a few cars behind you trying to take your placing. Just check your map and make sure what's going on. If you are the only one, take your time and caress the corners for an easy win.
Also remember there is the possibility of the AI cars causing wrecks, doughnuts, crashes and call yellow flags on their own. Any time this happens, restart the race. I know it's a pain sometimes, but this method won't work after that.
Here are the results of the two times I attempted this:
1st attempt: Got to the final lap, AI cars caused a yellow flag while trying to gangbang the pit. Restarted race.
2nd attempt: Got to the final lap, one car ahead and one car behind. I raced to the finish line at 2nd place and won the contract.
88% overall achievement completion for 160+ games.
Broke 100k on February 5th, 2008
[#] x360a member of the 100k club. (10th inductee) [#]
Last edited by tadpeters; 09-02-2008 at 09:14 AM.
|07-04-2009, 02:37 AM||#3|
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Newton, KS, USA
I have found an even easier way.
1. As soon as you start, reverse to bring out the yellow just as you suggested.
2. Keep doing this until you restart with only 1 or 2 laps to go.
3. follow behind the pack slowly and carefully until they cross the start/finish line bringing out the white flag.
4. wait for the last car to cross the finish line, and DO NOT cross the line yourself. Reverse and bring out the yellow.
5. You will now be placed 1st and the race will end.
I found this and it worked the very first time, and like a charm I might add
|07-18-2009, 07:16 PM||#4|
EDIT: These two methods posted above don't seem to work for me. : (
Last edited by master_shake_350; 07-20-2009 at 03:40 PM.
|05-28-2010, 01:37 AM||#5|
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Newark, Ohio
Puppy ur awesome lol i did the glitch and finished in first
|11-26-2010, 05:55 AM||#7|
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Calgary, AB
May I add, This seems to work for ANY race in The Chase. Just stay behind the last car and with about 2 laps to go it will say that you are in first. Just follow the cars infront of you DO NOT PASS THEM! And thus a victory for you!
Rex Darr - Bass Guitar
|06-22-2011, 06:32 PM||#8|
Join Date: Jul 2009
yeah im still having problems with it every time i take the white flag and go in to turn one my screen goes black and i dont the gliches and they dont work what am i doing wrong all i want r the last remaining achievements for this game PLZ HELP