Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Too Human
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-02-2009, 12:41 PM   #1
FlipSwitch

ZERO7896's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Arrow Duplication Guide. << How to Dupe >>

This is a guide made for Xbox360Achievements.org, and nowhere else. Please do not copy it to any other site without express permission. Thank you.

This is a guide on how to create copies, or duplicates, of items in the world of Too Human. This has many uses, from creating enough runes to fill out your armour, or for keeping blank copies of armour if you dont like the runes you previously inserted.
There are two ways to dupe items in Too Human. One is by backing up your save file onto a memory stick, then transferring items over to someone else, and finally replacing your hard drive save with the back up from the memory stick. This allows you to dupe many items at a time, but does require purchase of a memory card of sufficient size.

The second way is by exploiting the actual in-game trading system, and it is much more time consuming than the previous method but can be done by anyone at any time, without use of any outside hardware aside form your hard drive. This is the method I will explain in detail in this guide.

A few brief notes on the whole process.

1. Only one item can be duped at a time using this method. I do not know why this is the case, but last time I checked this is definitely the case.

2. While being slower than using a memory stick, it does not require any device changing whatsoever, and when your familiar with the method it can be still be done relatively quickly.

3. In this guide, I will refer to two parties in the duping process, the Donor and the Receiver. As the names suggest, the Donor is the person who originally owns the item being duped. The Receiver is the person who will receive a copy of the item.

4. All items created using this method are identical to their original counterparts, and cannot be detected in any way by Xbox Live or Xbox Live users. As a result, when trading duped items over Xbox Live nobody will know unless you choose to disclose this information to them.

5. I realise that some players may disagree with this, and I understand how you feel. However, please refrain from sending hate mail and other such mundanities. This will not help anybody, and will only waste both your and my time. Duping is like a good dictatorship - you can't do anything about it on your own, and everybody who could help you bring it down benefits too much from it.

6. Silicon Knights have already stated on the Too Human website that they cannot stop duping from happening, so a patch to stop it is highly unlikely. The futures bright. Or dark and corrupt, depends how you look at it.

Disclaimer:

No method is foolproof, and user errors may occur. I have used this exact method many times in the past and know for a fact that it works when done right. As a result, I cannot be held responsible for any item loss when using this guide. Although errors are extremely rare and I have never seen any myself, I assume that it is possible.

If people do have problems, contact me through a PM on here, please do not contact my XBL Gamertag regarding technical problems and queries.

With that out of the way, onto the guide.

The way the Too Human trade system works can be split up into three simple stages. The first of these is proposing a change to your current inventory, through use of the trade window.
The second stage is confirming that this is the change you want to make, which you do by hitting the "Trade" button in the middle of the trade window.
The final stage is for the game to save the changes to your inventory, and this happens after you both hit the trade button.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Now, if you wish to duplicate an item, you have to stop this save going through on the Donor's end, so that he keeps the item while the Receiver also gets it. This creates two items in place of the original one.

The way to do this is simple. There is a brief window of opportunity in between the trade window changing and the save being implemented, so it is during this time that you must act. The easiest way of cancelling the save is simply to quit to your dashboard. The following steps detail how to do it effectively.

1) The Receiver must host an Xbox Live game (make it a private slot to remove the chance of randoms joining), and then invite the donor.

2) Once both players are ready, initiate a trade. Once in the trade window, have the Donor offer the item you want to dupe in the top slot. Then the Donor must accept the trade by hitting the button in the centre of the window.
Note: Receiver must not accept the trade at this stage.

3) The Donor must now bring up his Xbox Guide. Press Y to exit to dashboard, and then at the confirmation screen highlight "Yes" and prepare to hit A. You should still be able to see the trade screen in the background behind your guide windows. If you can't and all you see is a black screen, change your brightness settings on your TV.

4) Tell the Receiver to confirm the trade, and when the Donor see's the background change hit A to exit to dashboard. The Receiver should have obtained the item, and if you did it right the Donor will still have the item as the game will not have saved the changes to his inventory.

Voila, item duped. If you need another item duping, the Receiver can simply reinvite the Donor once they reach the dashboard, and then return to step 1.

If anyone has any problems with anything posted in this guide, has any complaints, or needs anything explained, please message me on these forums through a private message. Please do not contact my Xbox Live Gamertag for anything other than in-game help previously discussed on here. Just an organizational thing, nothing personal.

Last edited by FlipSwitch; 05-04-2009 at 11:00 PM.
FlipSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:37 PM   #2
Keytta

Send a message via MSN to Keytta

Keytta's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Nice guide Flip. I have to give kudos to you, you have been helpful to many people in here over the last couple months. While I have not had the pleasure of playing co-op with you, I have benefited from many of your postings.
Keytta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 05:32 PM   #3
FlipSwitch

ZERO7896's Gamercard

Well Im up for a run through Helheim or osmething at some point if you wish. Send me a FR and we'll see when Im free. As for my postings, well i do my best. Ahh Kudos...

If anyone has any requests for guides or advice on Too Human specs or gear priorities or such things, send me a PM over these forums. Unfornunately I cannot dispense advice over Xbox Live due to technical restrictions.

Last edited by FlipSwitch; 05-04-2009 at 11:01 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:44 PM   #4
FlipSwitch

ZERO7896's Gamercard

I am willing to help people with duplication, provided it is not random trash they have found in the shop and think is good. I will dupe it with you if it will benefit a character substantially or will help towards an achievement. Dont ask me to dupe things for you for the 7500 item achievement, as it wont work and would take about 600 hours if it did.
In short, here is a list of what I will dupe:

Aesir armour - One red rune, 3 empty slots.
Altruist Boots and Shoulders - These are rare to find, unlike the other pieces. 4 empty slots.
Elite Runes, except Mastery - I do not dupe mastery runes as they're useless. I will dupe Mastery: All Skills +1 though.
Elite Weapons - I'll dupe all of them, provided they are the level 50 versions.

NOTE: I WILL NOT ACCEPT RANDOM FRIEND REQUESTS THAT ARE NOT ACCOMPANIED BY A MESSAGE, AND PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND ALL THINGS CUTE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON THE FORUMS BEFORE MESSAGING MY GAMERTAG.

I apologize for the large and imposing block of text above, but I've said it countless times and I still turn my Xbox on to messages form people Ive never heard of asking for things. This is just to help me keep track of who's who and who wants what when. If you have already breached this rule, dont worry about it, but dont do it again. Thank you.

Last edited by FlipSwitch; 05-10-2009 at 10:34 AM.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:28 AM   #5
FlipSwitch

ZERO7896's Gamercard

Giving this a bump, as it's useful info if you ask me ^^
Old 05-19-2009, 05:32 AM   #6
JTL

jUsTiN CaT's Gamercard
Thank you so much for the guide. It works great for me.

However, how do I suppose to do if I wanna backup / duplicate the items using the memory sticks method? I do have two memory sticks (256MB & 512MB) on top of the original hard drive, and have tried to copy the saves between them. But the system only offers me the option to "move" but not "copy". Any idea what I should do?
JTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:21 AM   #7
FlipSwitch

ZERO7896's Gamercard

You change the save device you want the game to save your game to from the hard drive to the memory card, you can't copy game saves through the system screen due to microsoft worrying about game glitching and things like that.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:09 PM   #8
x2keithm3x

IBlacKFlasHI's Gamercard
Memory Card Dupe? Allows you to give all your stuff away without actually losing it(Can't be host)

1) Clean Trade -, Just accept no items transferred!

2) Sub Trade -; A clean Trade except the duper will accept the trade and stay at the "Succesful Trade" screen.

3) Take out memory card and press A quickly.

4) Choose Hard drive as save device, then go and give your items away like their nothing.

- I haven't been able to do this glitch myself as step 3) gets a "need correct save copy" or something like that, but my friend dupes items like this, so it does work, just not for me

Why would you want to trade like this?

1)Give as many items as you want.

2) No need to keep going to Dashboard.

3) Much faster.

Great guide flip, just thought some hardcore dupers would be able to use this to save sometime.

"It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war"- John F. Kennedy
x2keithm3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 04:15 PM   #9
x2keithm3x

IBlacKFlasHI's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTL View Post
Thank you so much for the guide. It works great for me.

However, how do I suppose to do if I wanna backup / duplicate the items using the memory sticks method? I do have two memory sticks (256MB & 512MB) on top of the original hard drive, and have tried to copy the saves between them. But the system only offers me the option to "move" but not "copy". Any idea what I should do?
Get a "Xbox 360 Transfer Kit" from eBay. Allows you to connect your Memory Card/HardDrive (Not all-in-One, seperate ones) to you PC, were you can simply make flashes of your Memory Card/Hard drive.

And yes, their not official, you probably can't buy at your local retailer.

"It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war"- John F. Kennedy
x2keithm3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 04:28 PM   #10
FlipSwitch

ZERO7896's Gamercard

Yeah, cheers Flash. Didnt really elaborate on the memory card method myself as I didnt have the nitty gritty details. Might update this once I've got hold of my own memory card and messed around with it a little.
Old 11-07-2013, 01:35 PM   #11
mastabasta

Basta37's Gamercard
Thanks for this!
mastabasta is offline   Reply With Quote