PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Castle Crashers
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-28-2008, 02:32 AM   #1
MadaRenrut

Send a message via AIM to MadaRenrut

MadaRenrut's Gamercard
1,200 points for a game that doesn't work...AWESOME!

So they release a game that when you play co-op it crashes within the first level, and your stats get erased. great release, THANKS for stealing my money, guess i will just get to enjoy it when you release a patch!

think they have shut down their website so people don't try to contact them and complain, just trying to go there it says website slammed, trying to fix.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:05 AM   #2
Malachi117

Malachi117's Gamercard
The Behemoth is made up of like 9 or 10 people, and the game just came out today. Suck it up and play some single player while they fix any problems with the game.

100% Retail:
Fable II 1000/1000
Oblivion 1250/1250
Halo 3 1000/1750
Call of Duty 4 1000/1000
100% Arcade:
None
Working on:
Bioshock 800/1100
Dead Rising 720/1000
Tmnt the arcade 140/200
Lego Star Wars:TCS 640/1000
Aegis wing 180/200
Castle Crashers 160/200
The Orange Box 757/1000
Rock Band 2 640/1000
Malachi117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 04:01 AM   #3
Deathblow23

IRON MIND's Gamercard
As long as you have the attitude..."suck it up"...then this will never end. Microsoft has a release schedule and developers have to conform to that schedule...whether their projects are actually DONE, or not. This goes back over a year. Look at what last year's Tiger Woods was like,...fast forward to this year. Look at the issues that were going on with Guitar Hero 3 about 8 weeks ago with DLC,...and then look at Ninja Gaiden 2...and the DLC that came out for that. As long as gamers have that attitude that it's ok...the developers will continune to piss all over us. They ship on schedule, the money changes hands,...and they patch their broken games within a few weeks,...while we have to sit back and suffer through S**T games. Look at Too Human. That game needs 2-3 more months polish. Do you think it would stand a chance in hell of getting anyone to buy it if it releases in 2-3 more months...with the titles that will be shipping then? HELL NO! So what do Silicon Knights do...ship it,...broken camera, combat and all,...and when they are questioned, and ripped in the media,...they act like it was planned all along,...like it's all part of the game's design. It's almost laughable how much press Dyack has gotten over the past 2 weeks and he keeps his cool acting like his little baby is exactly what he always envisioned it would be. The same goes for Ninja Gaiden 2,...and on and on. This fall there will be others that will ship that are totally messed up...but they will still ship so they can hit that release date and rake in all that cash...knowing all too well that they can just whip up a patch...and everybody will be ok with it. They can feed us S**T sandwiches,...and it appears everyone will just beg for more.......
Deathblow23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 04:07 AM   #4
xepherys

Xepherys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'm going to have to jump on the "suck it up" bandwagon. Yes, there are some bugs. Get over it. Do you run Windows? Why? it's the single most bug-ridden piece of software to ever exist, and that's after 9 complete versions (on the desktop side only, not server/NT/3.11) each with multiple "service packs" (aka DLC), and each service pack with a bajillion bug fixes (aka soft updates). If you KNOW it's going to happen, why do you buy any game? Name one from anything other than a Tier 1 developer in the past 2 years that didn't have some issue or glitch? Put your money where your mouth is... but then you won't be playing many games, huh?
xepherys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 04:34 AM   #5
superfly275

Nooblior's Gamercard
Is this multiplayer only? If so, then I've only played SP so im good.

superfly275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 04:54 AM   #6
Deathblow23

IRON MIND's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xepherys View Post
I'm going to have to jump on the "suck it up" bandwagon. Yes, there are some bugs. Get over it. Do you run Windows? Why? it's the single most bug-ridden piece of software to ever exist, and that's after 9 complete versions (on the desktop side only, not server/NT/3.11) each with multiple "service packs" (aka DLC), and each service pack with a bajillion bug fixes (aka soft updates). If you KNOW it's going to happen, why do you buy any game? Name one from anything other than a Tier 1 developer in the past 2 years that didn't have some issue or glitch? Put your money where your mouth is... but then you won't be playing many games, huh?
You're not comparing apples to apples with your Windows analogy. Windows is pretty much the gold standard for OS among all computers in the world. Yes there are a couple of other options,...but seriously...those are adopted by a fraction of all the users out there. GH 3, Ninja Gaiden 2,...Tiger Woods,...as I mentioned...those AREN'T the golden standards for gaming. They are just games themselves. You're also focusing on individual products,...and not the principle...the principle of...let's ship whatever...don't worry,...we can patch it later. The size of the developer doesn't really matter either...a broken game is a broken is a broken game. It doesn't matter if it's Halo 3,...or COD 4,...or friggin' Generic Shooter #16. As long as the gaming community keeps smiling and bending over...the developers will be there...pulling up right behind you...smiling as well...as they unzip and insert...
Old 08-28-2008, 05:02 AM   #7
Cormyre

Send a message via ICQ to Cormyre Send a message via AIM to Cormyre Send a message via MSN to Cormyre Send a message via Yahoo to Cormyre

Cormyre's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I dunno, single player for me seems busted, made it to level 14, up to the cyclops cave... had the game crash on me (even though it auto saves?) and came back to have everything reset

Then just as a test I started a new game... played long enough to unlock the grey knight, played 2 levels as him, made sure I saw "saving" on the screen, quit after... went back in and grey knight was not available and all levels were reset

Last edited by Cormyre; 08-28-2008 at 05:05 AM.
Cormyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:23 AM   #8
johnnyd

CasaDeBen's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathblow23 View Post
You're not comparing apples to apples with your Windows analogy. Windows is pretty much the gold standard for OS among all computers in the world. Yes there are a couple of other options,...but seriously...those are adopted by a fraction of all the users out there. GH 3, Ninja Gaiden 2,...Tiger Woods,...as I mentioned...those AREN'T the golden standards for gaming. They are just games themselves. You're also focusing on individual products,...and not the principle...the principle of...let's ship whatever...don't worry,...we can patch it later. The size of the developer doesn't really matter either...a broken game is a broken is a broken game. It doesn't matter if it's Halo 3,...or COD 4,...or friggin' Generic Shooter #16. As long as the gaming community keeps smiling and bending over...the developers will be there...pulling up right behind you...smiling as well...as they unzip and insert...
You take things faaaaar to seriously. I will agree with you that some games are broken, and never fixed. But in this case... these guys are just small independant developers who used to make stuff for free on newgrounds. If there are problems (havent found one yet but time will tell on that) I am sure it will be fixed. As for ninja gaiden (im not sure about the thing you mentioned with the other 2 games) how can you plan for a patch to mess up, or an add on, thats part of it. They cant test EVERYTHING. everyone always complains when a game hits store shelves and something doesnt work. fact is, every game has glitches and bugs. so just relax a little bit. its a video game, big deal.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:07 AM   #9
razzleson

razzleson's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Gold   2,500 Posts   x360a Book Club   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Achievement Guide - Silver   Member of the Month   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Do you not remember Halo 3? That game had tons of problems. Now, compare the staff and testing of Halo 3 to Castle Crashers. This is a small independent studio that does everything in-house.
razzleson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 07:29 AM   #10
Savok

Savok's Gamercard
So what have we learned?

That MS's certification process is a joke and does nothing but delay releases.

Savok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:37 AM   #11
Heron T Beagle

i hear you they are small and independent. that is really no excuse for charging a good bit of money for something and havinn it really messed up. So does this mean i can make some crap tell you its 10 dollars and then when you buy it and its screwed i can say oh well its just me a small one man company deal with it. If so im about to get paid......by the way guys i have a new title coming out next wed on live arcade be sure to pick it up it will work just fine muahahahah. castle CRASHERS for real lol.

Last edited by Heron T Beagle; 08-28-2008 at 11:50 AM.
Heron T Beagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:57 AM   #12
Ominator1

Ominator1's Gamercard
Too Human

Quote:
Look at Too Human. That game needs 2-3 more months polish. Do you think it would stand a chance in hell of getting anyone to buy it if it releases in 2-3 more months...with the titles that will be shipping then? HELL NO! So what do Silicon Knights do...ship it,...broken camera, combat and all,...and when they are questioned, and ripped in the media,...they act like it was planned all along,...like it's all part of the game's design.
I think the people that bitch about two human can't play it. I've finished three times already and haven't had any issues with combat, know how to work the camera and have no problems with the game. Everyone should learn the play the game and quit bashing it.

With CC, I've finished the story twice online and haven't had any issues with it.

Maybe the issues lies with something else instead of the game.
Ominator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 12:02 PM   #13
imperiusrex00

This does seem to be random to certain users though, i've played through to near the end and online as well and i've had no problems with it.

My girlfriend however can't get one online game to work.

I agree it's a bit of a poor show but i do have faith they will patch it ASAP.
imperiusrex00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 12:03 PM   #14
Heron T Beagle

so the problem with the GAME has nothing to do with the GAME eh? thats kinda like me having a flat tire and saying hmm that tire is flat but maybe the problem is actually my bad headlight lubricant it couldnt possibly be the tire........Just because its only happening to certain people doesnt make it ok and the game really does work.
Old 08-28-2008, 12:14 PM   #15
imperiusrex00

No what i'm saying is there is a problem with the game but it's whatever the catalyst for it happening is.

I've read on rllmuk and gaf that it seems to be something happening when you go online that triggers it.

I just wish we could suss it to let people know what to look out for.
imperiusrex00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 03:13 PM   #16
Heron T Beagle

i know im just being an ass. however at least for me once it has happend it wont go back to normal. Like the alien hominid char isnt available anymore and it wont save any progress even in single player.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:19 PM   #17
icky2049

icky2049's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadaRenrut View Post
So they release a game that when you play co-op it crashes within the first level, and your stats get erased. great release, THANKS for stealing my money, guess i will just get to enjoy it when you release a patch!

think they have shut down their website so people don't try to contact them and complain, just trying to go there it says website slammed, trying to fix.
this happened to me but then after like 4 trys it worked fine just takes a couple of times and you only lose your stats if it happens durring a level so if you go to the world map half way through then you'll be fine.
icky2049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 03:27 PM   #18
Kazoturkey

Kazoturkey's Gamercard
the OP has no idea what he's talking about, this gam is awesome, even though there are small glitches I know noone who's level has been reset.
Kazoturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 03:35 PM   #19
Deathblow23

IRON MIND's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyd View Post
You take things faaaaar to seriously. I will agree with you that some games are broken, and never fixed. But in this case... these guys are just small independant developers who used to make stuff for free on newgrounds. If there are problems (havent found one yet but time will tell on that) I am sure it will be fixed. As for ninja gaiden (im not sure about the thing you mentioned with the other 2 games) how can you plan for a patch to mess up, or an add on, thats part of it. They cant test EVERYTHING. everyone always complains when a game hits store shelves and something doesnt work. fact is, every game has glitches and bugs. so just relax a little bit. its a video game, big deal.
I don't think I'm taking anything too seriously other than MY MONEY...that I WORK FOR. Is that something to be taken lightly? Games are typically $59.99...and the reason is supposedly higher development costs in this new generation, right. Well,...I have higher expectations. If you're going to charge me $60 bux for a game,...it damn well better run flawlessly. Now, if I get caught in a corner and the camera gets all jiggly,...well ok. But if I'm running and I fall through the floor into the dark abyss,...or my game stops saving AFTER I download your most recent DLC,...or whatever...then that's a crock...it's under-handed,...and it's completely unacceptable business ethics. You can't pay me to believe that they developers didn't catch something like in QA testing. You act like these types just crept up a couple of days ago. I only cited a few instances,...I didn't go back and list ALL the instances where this has occurred. It seems the people reading and responding are INSANELY forgiving...like major league baseball fans or something.

As for Halo 3 and its problems,...yeah it had alot,...and they shipped it because MS knew if they waited...it would hurt other releases. Think about all the other games that came out last fall and winter. The only triple A title that didn't come out BEFORE H3 was BioShock. Halo 3 would have still been a huge seller,...but it would've taken away from some of the other major releases had they released it later into the fall. In H3's case,...it would've worked the opposite,...AGAINST the OTHER releases. MS didn't want that to happen because they have to show support for their 3rd party folks to earn trust and insure sales,...so those people will develop for the platform again.

I guess it doesn't matter...as long as there is so much patience floating around...it's going to keep happening...but anyone who knows anything about business knows that this is a terrible way to interact with customers,...especially ones who are as loyal as 360 owners have been. The RRoD debacle was enough...yet it keeps piling up...one issue after another...I wonder why nothing's done about it...........................
Old 08-28-2008, 03:38 PM   #20
chenry

The chenry's Gamercard
Don't know what you're all talking about. I played all the way up to the Cyclopes Castle in co-op.
chenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 04:11 PM   #21
johnnyd

CasaDeBen's Gamercard
Quote:
I don't think I'm taking anything too seriously other than MY MONEY...that I WORK FOR. Is that something to be taken lightly? Games are typically $59.99...and the reason is supposedly higher development costs in this new generation, right.

Don't buy games then. No one forced you to buy this. Stick to big developers who "care."
Old 08-28-2008, 04:28 PM   #22
ChaddieB

ChaddieB's Gamercard
Quote:
I don't think I'm taking anything too seriously other than MY MONEY...that I WORK FOR.
Yep. It's your choice what you decide to do with your money. A company creates a product and puts a price tag on it. It's up to the consumer to make educated decisions on whether or not the product is worth the price tag.

If a product is garbage, hopefully consumers will realize the issue and not purchase the product, or at least wait until a revised product or reduced price product is available before purchasing. This should balance things out with how a "free economy" is structured, or is Microsoft FORCING YOU to buy this product?

You almost comment as if you feel the software developer intentionally released a product with a MAJOR BUG. That in no way would be in the best interest of the company. It's bad for their reputation and future sales. As we speak, the company is working on making changes to fix the problem.
ChaddieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 05:01 PM   #23
SpookSh0w

TheTamponFactor's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savok View Post
So what have we learned?

That MS's certification process is a joke and does nothing but delay releases.
The more you know
Old 08-28-2008, 05:01 PM   #24
Heron T Beagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaddieB View Post
Yep. It's your choice what you decide to do with your money. A company creates a product and puts a price tag on it. It's up to the consumer to make educated decisions on whether or not the product is worth the price tag.

If a product is garbage, hopefully consumers will realize the issue and not purchase the product, or at least wait until a revised product or reduced price product is available before purchasing. This should balance things out with how a "free economy" is structured, or is Microsoft FORCING YOU to buy this product?

You almost comment as if you feel the software developer intentionally released a product with a MAJOR BUG. That in no way would be in the best interest of the company. It's bad for their reputation and future sales. As we speak, the company is working on making changes to fix the problem.
I dont think that they did it intentionally but it certainly doesnt excuse it either way. even without all the data loss there are some pretty major bugs with the multiplayer and co op that can be seen as soon as you try and play.That makes it hard for me to be ok with the fact that it was released like that.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:07 PM   #25
Deathblow23

IRON MIND's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaddieB View Post

I am going to focus on one particular line in your reply,...since that is what you like to do...

After reading your above post I am quite literally blown away by this. Do you honestly mean to tell me and the rest of the world that you DON'T...think this is happening? You can't possibly be serious!!! No,...seriously...did you really mean that? I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt. Hit this link below, and after reading...if you still think that it's all just a few simple mistakes here and there...maybe just some oversight on someone's part...then you truly are hopeless. These problems filter down from the top. If MS is willing to do it...anybody invloved with them will be willing to partake in the raping as well.

http://www.8bitjoystick.com/archives...h_failures.php

I'm sure this has been posted, and read a million times,...but it is something that deserves to brought up again and again...because it shows the community just how far and how low corporations like MS are willing to go.

Last edited by Deathblow23; 08-28-2008 at 06:08 PM.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:57 PM   #26
Ruthless
Banned User

Ruthless x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by razzleson View Post
Do you not remember Halo 3? That game had tons of problems. Now, compare the staff and testing of Halo 3 to Castle Crashers. This is a small independent studio that does everything in-house.
I dont care wether there is 5 people working for them or 500, if i pay good money for a game i expect it to work as i intended. If i had read this i would never have downloaded this. This is pure bollocks and this is why i dnt sell people furniture as i havent a clue how to do it and people expect something decent for there money. I wont be happy til i can save, this aint the Sega Megadrive (Legend console) I wanna save.
Ruthless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:08 PM   #27
Deathblow23

IRON MIND's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthless Potato View Post
I dont care wether there is 5 people working for them or 500, if i pay good money for a game i expect it to work as i intended.

You could not be MORE...right!!!
Old 08-28-2008, 06:26 PM   #28
JanHen

JanHen's Gamercard
Here is an answer from the developers...

http://devblog.thebehemoth.com/
JanHen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:31 PM   #29
Ruthless
Banned User

Ruthless x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanHen View Post
Here is an answer from the developers...

http://devblog.thebehemoth.com/
Cheeky fucking wankers, we have all officailly been robbed!!!
Ruthless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:34 PM   #30
Deathblow23

IRON MIND's Gamercard
I WANT...to believe that...I really, really do. In fact,...I actually HOPE...that's the truth...the 100% God's-honest truth. I'm sure they ARE...............ummmm.............................. .......................
.................................................. ..................................
.................................................. ..................................
............................ aware of it...