Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Japanese Games (NTSC-J) > RPG > Blue Dragon
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-28-2008, 07:04 AM   #1
MoonSka

MoonSka's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Rare Monster List

I just finished playing through Blue Dragon and thought it might be helpful (since I didn't see one) to post a list of all the hard to find and missable monsters in the game. Most of the information comes from the Strategy Guide, and where appropriate I've addded additional information. Hopefully this will be helpful to those looking to 1000/1000 the game, but don't want to purchase the guide. This list will be in game chronological order. Feedback is appreciated!

It should without saying, but there are Spoilers ahead, so reader beware!

Monster #: 35
Name:
Land Crab
Occurrence
: Only appears in Coastal Road area (disc 2)

Monster #: 106
Name: Poison Helmet
Occurrence: Only appears in Coastal Road area (disc 2)

Monster #: 4
Name:
Copper Poo Snake
Occurrence
: Not rare but easily missed (though you can go back for it by warping here). It's in one of the prison cells, but you'll need to walk all the way in for it to pop up. (disc 2)

Monster #:
Name:
Sentinel Mecha Robo
Occurrence
: It's not so much that it's rare, but rather that if you destroy the either the Sentinel Mecha Robo Head or Body before they combine, you'll miss this one. (disc 2)

Monster #: 82
Name:
Skeleton General
Occurrence
: One Time - This enemy will only appear during the Scything Skull Spider boss battle, and only when the boss uses its Image of Chaos summoning move. (disc 2)

Monster #: 126
Name:
Ice Raptor
Occurrence
: Not too hard to find as long as you take the time to seach out treasure chests. As you head towards a lone chest containing the 'Iridescent Cyclone' item (the chest is towards the northwest area of the map I believe) it will appear behind you. (disc 2)

Monster #: 59
Name:
Intercept Dynadrone
Occurrence
: One Time - These enemies appear only during in Nene's Fortress and are only able to be summoned by the Versatile Mecha Robo. Depending on your characters' levels, its possible to take the Robo down too quickly, so make sure to wait just a bit). (disc 2)

Monster #: 83
Name:
Servant Mecha Robo A
Occurrence
: One Time - Only appears during the fight with Yasato. disc 2)

Monster #: 85
Name:
Servant Mecha Robo B
Occurrence
: One Time - Only appears during the fight with Yasato. (disc 2)

Monster #: 169
Name:
Skeleton Monkey
Occurrence
: The Skeleton Monkey will only appear when you set up a Monster Fight between a Scavenger Wolf Ghost and a Zombie Monkey. Consider using Garlic or adding Stink to your characters some other way, as the Scavenger Wolf Ghost will most likely flee from you. (disc 3)

Monster #: 41
Name:
Gale Wolf Ghost
Occurrence
: One Time - See #42 below

Monster #: 42
Name: Stone Wolf Ghost
Occurrence: One Time - During your boss battle with the Rockwind Wolf Ghost, be sure to not kill it too quickly (though not likely, it can happen). Once it takes enough damage, the boss will split into the Gale and Stone Wolf Ghosts. (disc 3)

Monster #: 161
Name: Missile Mole
Occurrence
: Once you've got your Mechat, fly directly East from the Ancient Prison to a small green area. There is a Green Barrier and Red Barrier chest in the same area. (disc 3)

Monster #: 153
Name:
Balloon Toad
Occurrence
: Start a fight with a Kelolon Defender and make sure to kill a Kelolon first. The Kelolon Defender will transform into a Balloon Toad. (disc 3)

Monster #: 5
Name:
Platinum Poo Snake
Occurrence
: Shows up very infrequently and only by itself. It will usually try to run on its first turn, so make sure that items that increase your Agility are equipped if your characters don't already have a high Agility stat. (disc 3)

Monster #: 10
Name:
Dark Poo Snake
Occurrence
: Will usually show up with any Poo encounter on the island other than a Platinum Poo Snake. Only located on this island. (disc 3)

Monster #: 148
Name:
Sea-Temple Turtle
Occurrence
: Only appears on the this island, but it does appear in droves. (disc 3)

Monster #: 99
Name: Thief Clam
Occurrence
: Only appears on this island, but it's fairly rare still. (disc 3)

Monster #: 6
Name:
Golden Poo Snake
Occurrence
: It's the only enemy that appears on the island, though it will almost always run, so make sure that your party has Agility enhancing items to ensure you attack first. This enemy is also worth a 30 point Achievement. (disc 3)

Monster #: 236
Name:
Poleaxe Ghost
Occurrence
: Appears as part of the Melancholy Ghost battle. (disc 3)

Monster #: 272
Name:
Ghost Yeet
Occurrence
: Only appears on this island. It is guarding a Mechat part located in a treasure chest at the far end. (disc 3)

Monster #: 210
Name:
Electrogue Part A
Occurrence
: See #212 below

Monster #: 212
Name:
Electrogue Part B
Occurrence
: When fighting the Security Electrogue in the Upper Mecha Base, don't kill it too quickly or else it won't be able to split into these two enemies. (disc 3)

Monster #: 199
Name:
Sanguine Slasher
Occurrence
: See #186 below

Monster #: 186
Name:
Cursed Spine Ghost
Occurrence
: When battling the Wandering Sage monster, it will use two different summoning attacks. First is Nightmare Tale, which it usually often, to summon a Cursed Spine Ghost. Until you destroy the Cursed Spine Ghost (and it may summon this creature several times), it won't use it's other summon attack, End of Story, to summon a Sanguine Slasher. I had to fight two or three Wandering Sage monsters before I could get the Sanguine Slasher to appear. (disc 3)

Monster #: 185
Name:
Red Razor Ghost
Occurrence
: This monster will only appear when fighting a Bowa-Bowa and a Lazy Spine Ghost. When you see these two creatures (They show up as a Bowa-Bowa on the battlefield, though it took several encounters before they both appeared for me), defend until the Bowa-Bowa uses its Nuclear Fusion move to create the Red Razor Ghost. (disc 3)

Last edited by MoonSka; 08-28-2008 at 05:48 PM.
MoonSka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 07:04 AM   #2
MoonSka

MoonSka's Gamercard

Monster #: 256
Name:
Blizzard Dragon
Occurrence
: Appears after you speak to Elder Baum in Kelaso Village and give show him the Dragon Fang you received from killing the Moody Dragon in the Underground River. Speak to him after defeating the Blizzard Dragon to open trigger the next three monsters. (disc 3)

Monster #: 257
Name:
Amethyst Dragon
Location: Coastal Road side of Landslide area (near Talta Village)
Occurrence
: Waiting for you to come once you've spoken to Elder Baum (see above) (disc 3)

Monster #: 253
Name: Spark Dragon
Occurrence
: In the same area where a Red Barrier was once blocking two treasure chests, this dragon will appear as you enter the cavern. Again, speak to Elder Baum first (See #256) (disc 3)

Monster #: 255
Name:
Phantom Dragon
Occurrence
: Waiting for you once you've spoken to Elder Baum (see #256). This monster also has an item that you must steal in order eventually earn the Item Completion Achievement, Nene's Earring. Make sure to save before fighting the monster, and reload/die if you can't get it. (disc 3)

Monster #: 11
Name:
Jumbo Poo
Occurrence
: See #13 below

Monster #: 12
Name: Corrosive Poo
Occurrence
: See #13 below

Monster #: 13
Name:
King Poo
Occurrence
: You can re-enter the Ancient Ruins after obtaining the Blue Device, but King Poo will only appear during disc 3 and only after everyone in your party is level 40 or higher. The Jumbo Poo will appear after a small cut scene once you enter the cave. Defeat it and open the trasure chest it was guarding. This will trigger the Corrosive Poo's appearance. After the Corrosive Poo is defeated, the King Poo monster will appear. Save your game before attacking, as there is no checkpoint before the battle starts. Defeating this monster is also worth a 30 point Achievement. After defeating the King Poo, you can open three chests, two of which contain rare items for the Item Completion Achievement. (disc 3)

Monster #: 74
Name:
Gold Mecha Robo
Occurrence
: This monster will only appear after you've collected all of the Mystery Parts avalable in the game (there are 6) and turned them into the Mad Researcher in Jibral Castle for two items. After earning the two items, warp to the Ancient Factory and save you game, as there is no checkpoint before engaging the monster. Defeating this monster is worth a 30 point Achievement. (disc 3).

I'm pretty sure that this takes care of all the one time monsters as well as any that are hard to find. In the event that I've missed one, please feel free to post here and give as much relevant information as you can. I purposely left out bosses or monsters that are specific to certain areas if you'd come into contact with through the course of playing the game for the full 1000.

Last edited by MoonSka; 08-28-2008 at 05:49 PM.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:05 AM   #3
MoonSka

MoonSka's Gamercard

reserved, just in case
Old 09-06-2008, 06:22 PM   #4
Cero

Cero IT's Gamercard
There was already a rare monster list http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...ad.php?t=36841
And, like yours, it's "incomplete". Read my last post in there... I still miss that stupid ghost
Cero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:26 AM   #5
MoonSka

MoonSka's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cero View Post
There was already a rare monster list http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...ad.php?t=36841
And, like yours, it's "incomplete". Read my last post in there... I still miss that stupid ghost
There's no way to really miss that though since you have to go through that very area to get the Flower Shard that's in the chest near it's location. I guess that I just killed it because it was a monster that I hadn't seen yet in my travels. Up to that point the only ghost that looked similar was the Jumbo Ghost in the Ancient Factory.

You are correct though that I missed the original thread with the Rare Monster List. This one can be closed I guess.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:51 AM   #6
Cero

Cero IT's Gamercard
It's a monster missable, I miss only that one, and it doesn't respawn.
I remember when I saw it (it's inside Ancient Factory, at the beginning of the stairs after the animated statues), I escaped it so I missed it. It wasn't on the missable list that I was following so I thought I'd find it again. Wrong.
The #184 is missable too, but I got that one instead. If you notice, that one is missable too... go to devour forest, it's no more there, like the other one
I'll have to do a new game+ to get this achievement
Old 09-09-2008, 02:53 PM   #7
MoonSka

MoonSka's Gamercard

I think you're just upset that you didn't fight a monster but instead chose to skip it. Whatever. You can bold text all you want, but it's not worth arguing over. If you feel the need to be correct then fine, it's "missable". I guess that I and the other 23 people on the site who have the Monster Record Achievement didn't "miss" it.

Feel free to reply if you want, but I won't be coming back to read it though. As I said before, I was wrong and this is essentially a duplicate thread and should be locked. I'll be treating it as such.

Last edited by MoonSka; 09-09-2008 at 02:56 PM.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:47 AM   #8
Cero

Cero IT's Gamercard
I can only say lol, you don't even know what does it mean missable, then..
If you miss it, and never find it again, it's missable, isn't it?
I was just telling you that your copied guide is incomplete, that's all.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:17 AM   #9
Crkkos 007

Crkkos 007's Gamercard
i actually didnt have much trouble at all getting/finding the red razor ghost, I killed died, and forgot to save, but encountered with no trouble again
Crkkos 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 01:53 AM   #10
Bahaumaut

Bahaumaut's Gamercard
The Monk field skill "Attract Aura" also works for enemies that would normally flee from you. Invoke it, and enemies that would run will now see and chase after you. The skill doesn't last too long, unlike the field barrier, but use it near where you want to be chased to help in getting monster battles and other combinations.
Bahaumaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:09 PM   #11
Kasugano

Is it possible to find the monsters that say Disc 2 when on Disc 3? And also, I stayed away from a couple of monsters like the Ice raptor and just went to the chest it was protecting. Does that mean I have to find him on a New Game+?
Kasugano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 05:14 AM   #12
xelphx

xXelphXx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasugano View Post
Is it possible to find the monsters that say Disc 2 when on Disc 3? And also, I stayed away from a couple of monsters like the Ice raptor and just went to the chest it was protecting. Does that mean I have to find him on a New Game+?
I don't know about all of them, but the ones on the Coastal Road were there for me in Disc 3.

Also, thanks to MoonSka for this little guide, it helped me out. =)
Old 12-13-2009, 07:08 PM   #13
7eg

You really need to make sure that you kill the Servant Mecha Robo A and B. I'm near the end of the game, won that mandatory fight, and just now realized that I didn't kill them (so I guess I'll just speedrun a new game + to get there eventually).

It's possible to win that fight (by destroying Yasato's evil vacuum cleaner) without killing any of the robots in that group. I hit them all with a light Ground (I always poke things with uncharged spells while figuring out how much damage things do), and that was enough to trigger the in-fight cutscene bit and make the vacuum targetable - and when I attacked it I destroyed it. No casualties.
7eg is offline   Reply With Quote