Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Too Human
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-16-2009, 03:38 PM   #361
FlipSwitch

ZERO7896's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The tokens do affect boss loot, but only that particular levels boss. For example, if you have all the HoH tokens and then kill GRNDL, the standard of loot will be much higher than if you didnt have all the tokens - but if you kill GRNDL with no HoH tokens but all the WS tokens, your still going to get trash loot.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:32 AM   #362
Ruq

Send a message via MSN to Ruq

Ruqulas's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipSwitch View Post
The tokens do affect boss loot, but only that particular levels boss. For example, if you have all the HoH tokens and then kill GRNDL, the standard of loot will be much higher than if you didnt have all the tokens - but if you kill GRNDL with no HoH tokens but all the WS tokens, your still going to get trash loot.
Good point, and I would like to say that after defeating Hel and getting all of the tokens off every level I received 4 Orange runes and a Red rune.

So I believe we are both correct in our observations.

Prefer PMs to XBL Messages, thanks.
Ruq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 01:06 AM   #363
FlipSwitch

ZERO7896's Gamercard

Indeed. You learn something new every day.
Old 12-19-2009, 08:43 PM   #364
mskeppstrom83

Send a message via AIM to mskeppstrom83 Send a message via Yahoo to mskeppstrom83

KyleKatarn83's Gamercard
Something I would like to ask about this, I did search it as well :-) I thought I may have seen at some other point in this thread that you must have your weapon to start finding armor pieces. I have the weapon, but after farming for about 3 hours today I only acquired about 5 red runes.

My question is: Must you have the weapon equipped to make the armor drop? That would suck because it's a weapon type I don't use (rifle), and my character is not geared toward it's use.

Any replies would be great. Thanks in advance.
mskeppstrom83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 02:32 AM   #365
FlipSwitch

ZERO7896's Gamercard

No, thats a horsecrap myth =) All you need for the armour to drop is to be level 50 and kill something that has a chance to drop it, Bosses, Leaders etc. Keep using whatever weapon you want.
Old 12-20-2009, 10:28 AM   #366
mskeppstrom83

Send a message via AIM to mskeppstrom83 Send a message via Yahoo to mskeppstrom83

KyleKatarn83's Gamercard
Many thanks FlipSwitch =) Seems I'm just gonna have the same bad luck as everyone else. Oh well.
mskeppstrom83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:33 AM   #367
FlipSwitch

ZERO7896's Gamercard

Aye, getting the armour to drop can be a pain in the ass. Good luck to you.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:28 PM   #368
xX GaR iRl Xx

xX GaR iRl Xx's Gamercard
i dont know if this is any help..
but i done a run of HOH done the full thing and well got crap all
but i checked the shops directly after and there was 3 red weapons there.
2 guns and 1 sword.
im not sure if its just random or not but i thought id let you's know (Y)

i just done another run and checked the shop
another weapon..
maybe im on to something here xD

Last edited by xX GaR iRl Xx; 12-20-2009 at 09:06 PM.
xX GaR iRl Xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 11:15 PM   #369
Ruq

Ruqulas's Gamercard
I believe that the section tokens not only add to percentage for the boss at the end, but an overall percentage on elites throughout the instances.

For instance (after beating single-player, which you probably need to do as I hadn't gotten any red armor pieces beforehand, just lots of runes), I recieved about 4 red items an hour and it wasn't until after 5 hours of farming that I got myf irst equipment piece amidst all the runes.

After doing a full HoH run, the number of reds I recieved the subsiquent hour was increased, and I also managed to find 3 other pieces of my set.

Of course I could have also just hit a lucky streak, but if I'd have to guess I'd say that tokens would increase the percentage, if only marginally, on elite drops during spider farming. i.e. should one have all the tokens it may increase the drop chance by an additional 1%, or some variance thereof.

Also a quick question: it seems the pattern is that you can only find armor pieces of your class and alignment (for the achievement, not Aesir pieces). Is this true, or could I find something for say my cybernetic berserker, or some pieces for my friend's human commando?

Old 12-23-2009, 02:52 PM   #370
FlipSwitch

ZERO7896's Gamercard

If the tokens do affect elite trash drops, then its pathetically small. Honestly the amount of spider farming i've done both with and without tokens led me to conclude that the difference in negligable.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:22 AM   #371
Ruq

Ruqulas's Gamercard
You're actually right, I think I did just hit alucky streak. Grendel runs didn't actually help me much though, but to each his own.

Now to work on the unstoppable achievements =S

Old 12-27-2009, 03:02 PM   #372
DeathConvoy

SilverConvoy's Gamercard
Cybernetic Commando

Mission Select 1-3, Glitched Grendl
Mission Select 3-4, Spider Farm'd

Scored Unerring Dreadmark and Mobility Chassis of Skoll.... so far
Old 12-31-2009, 03:24 PM   #373
FlipSwitch

ZERO7896's Gamercard

It's a good result if you ask me, depending on how long you've been at it.
Old 12-25-2010, 01:10 AM   #374
kamikazy117

kamikazy117's Gamercard
I finished this achievement with less than 72 hours of game play.. My character was a cyber defender and I did the same routine everytime for item drops: I did the entire HoH, world serpent, then helheim and I received all the pieces (except the sword which I bought). I had my loot drop chance maxed, had all the section tokens And I did those three missions in that order and got at least one item for every run(1 run being all three missions). I also did all the secret areas yet I never received any red elite pieces from them..don't know if this goes along with what everyone previous posted,but I found this fairly simple and effective.

Gamertag---kamikazy117
kamikazy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 07:44 AM   #375
KiNgDeeM

Send a message via AIM to KiNgDeeM Send a message via MSN to KiNgDeeM Send a message via Yahoo to KiNgDeeM Send a message via Skype™ to KiNgDeeM

kingdeemnof's Gamercard
If anyone here is still playing this add me kingdeemnof I need help with the full set and epic charm thanks
KiNgDeeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:37 AM   #376
Edacious

Edacious E's Gamercard
If anyone has an epic set that I can borrow long enough to get the achiebement I would appreciate it, also the bounty and charm if possible. I will give anything you loan me back, all i care about is getting the achievements.
Edacious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:13 PM   #377
rlukey

mozambiquedrill's Gamercard
Having spent many hours trying to get elite armour, the only pattern I have noticed is that red elite items only dropped when I had collected all the section tokens.

After completing the story line (at the end I got my first elite armour piece after defeating Hel) I started the story again and was jumping back and forth between story & portal... I spent a lot of time getting no elite pieces.
After reading the forums, i tried filling the section tokens, then took on Grendel... bingo, elite piece.
I then set about getting to the spider farm location whilst having all tokens...
The spider has dropped another elite armour, elite weapon and red lvl3 charm...
just need a couple more pieces... come one incy wincy, drop those little red rewards
rlukey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:08 PM   #378
TacticalTodger
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to TacticalTodger Send a message via Skype™ to TacticalTodger

SAUSAGE R0LLS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
I got a helm off that HOH boss @ level 29.
TacticalTodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:42 PM   #379
Palantas

Palantas's Gamercard
I got all my human champion pieces off Grendel, in an online game that I played alone, all of them after playing through the entire Hall of Heroes.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:36 AM   #380
Bruinbown

Bruinbown's Gamercard
What I'm wanting to know (if anyone has any clue) is if all of the reds are in the same group. Like, is the rarity of any single weapon/armor/rune/etc. the same, or are some reds more common than others?

EDIT::
Don't know if anyone is still looking for patterns or whatnot, but I ran into something that may (or may not) be interesting. I was playing for awhile, keeping track of how often I got red drops and when I went 100 spider kills without one I restarted my xbox. Did the loot insta-grab trick and when I was playing through HoH level 1-3 to kill GRNDL I noticed it was one of the easie rruns. Less enemies, fewer missile guys, etc. Then, when I jumped to 3-4 and instead of getting drops every 15-30 spider kills it was 14 drop, 2, drop, 8, drop, 8, drop, 4, drop 16, drop (chest armor), 16, 5, 12, 5, 1, 42, 50. Then I had to stop. Haven't gotten another shot at the HoH with the easier mix of enemies, but other runs have not been as lucrative. Just throwing it out there to see if anyone has noticed. Maybe there's some background "difficulty" variable that lowers enemies/elites and raises drop rate.

Last edited by Bruinbown; 12-12-2012 at 04:30 AM.
Bruinbown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:33 PM   #381
DemonRaider1138

DemonRaider1138's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinbown View Post
What I'm wanting to know (if anyone has any clue) is if all of the reds are in the same group. Like, is the rarity of any single weapon/armor/rune/etc. the same, or are some reds more common than others?
To answer your question simply no. There are red items that drop more frequently within their own categories and overall. For instance overall the red runes will drop more frequently than the armor or weapons. Red charms will drop even less frequently due to only being found within wells.

As for the red runes many are more common than others. For instance the +1 to all skills is extremely rare and once found should be duped rather than instantly being inserted due to the uncommon drop rate of this particular rune.

The true red weapons (meaning the stronger varieties) are more easily found within shops but have a much rarer drop rate than their weaker counterparts out in the world.

As for armors, that is debatable. There is supposed to be a higher chance of finding your particular characters armor but for some this is not the case.

I have well over 130 hours played with every character that I have and the order of rareness for me is this (least rare to most rare drops): Red Runes, red armors, red weapons, red charms. within this category the +1 to all skills runes have only ever dropped twice for me, I have only ever found 1 true lv 50 red weapon in the world, defender and champion armor drop the most frequent for me after I found my characters unique set, and I rarely see red charms but then again I rarely enter the wells anymore due to the fact that between all my characters I have at least one of every type of red charm there is.
DemonRaider1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:36 AM   #382
DeadAtTheScene

GlamourKills v6's Gamercard
I'm a cyber defender that has the epic helm and chestpiece. I'm willing to pay 1 mil for each piece I don't own. If you don't want to sell I'd greatly appreciate letting me get the cheevo them me giving them back. GT: GlamourKills v6 message or add me.

"Cause you could slit my throat, & with my 1 last gasping breathe I'd apologize for bleeding on your shirt."
DeadAtTheScene is offline   Reply With Quote