PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Party > Pirates vs. Ninjas Dodgeball
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-03-2008, 11:41 AM   #1
Alfman1

Alfman1's Gamercard
Achievement Guide

OK so here we go.

Great concept and one of the oldest rivalries in the book xP

I personally prefer Ninjas as I don't see how old men with beards and scurvy can beat.... Ninjas.. Anyway. Down to it.

I'll split the achievements into single and multiplayer. I'll be writing down the achievements in the order I got them, although you could do it in a different way but I try to take the least amount of time possible.

It took me about 4-5 hours to get the 200 but that included 5 or 6 random ranked matches, so probably close to 4 hours..

Although this game does depend on a certain level of skill and luck.
So that time could vary.

Anyway.. we begin.

Single player.

There's Always a Catch 5
Catch a ball in Story Mode.
Press B when your opponent throws the ball at you and you'll catch it. However, a powershot cannot be caught. The achievement will unlock as soon as you catch the ball. (A powershot has an orange stream of light coming out of the ball)

Dish Best Served Cold 5
Successfully counter a shot in Story Mode.
Simply press X when your opponent throws a ball at you and you'll smash it back at them. The achievement will unlock as soon as your opponent gets hit with the ball.

First! 5
Win a match in Story Mode.
Simply beat your first match. Its really simple. Run into the ball to pick it up and press X to throw it. When all of the opponents life is gone, they will dissapear. This unlocks as soon as the match finishes.

Neo 5
Dodge a powershot in Story Mode.
Use the right analog stick to roll. Simply roll out of the way of a power shot and this will unlock. (A power shot turns the ball orange)
**EDIT** I found out you don't even need to be near the powershot. Aslong as you tap the right analog stick when the powerball gets thrown, this'll unlock.

Plunder that Booty 15
Beat Pirates Story Mode.
This achievement requires you to beat story mode on easy (2v2), Medium (3v3) and hard (4v4). You start on easy and when you beat it you unlock medium and once you beat medium you unlock hard.
There is 3 fights on each difficulty (against the 3 teams that you aren't playing as.) so 9 fights all together.
I found that the best technique to use was to go balls to the wall. All out attack. You're A.I teammates handle themselves quite well and you're opponents often don't even take one down.
Even on hard, its VERY easy.

If you die, you can just retry the level. The hardest team to defeat by far is the Robots. This is mainly due to the fact that you can't frickin see anything.

Be sure to abuse the counter move (X when the ball is coming towards you) and try and dodge as many balls as you can with the RS.

Chuck rules! 15
Beat Ninjas Story Mode.
You start with the Ninja team unlocked so just see 'Plunder that Booty' for details and tips

28 Minutes Later 20
Beat Zombies Story Mode.
After defeating both the pirate's and the ninja's story mode, the Zombies story will be unlocked. See 'Plunder that Booty' for details and tips.
The match you play against the Robots on the 3v3 is by far the hardest level on the game. Just a heads up.

Reboot 25
Beat Robots Story Mode.
As soon as you beat the Zombies story, Robots 2v2 will unlock.
See 'Plunder that Booty' for more details.

That brings us to the end of the single player achievements. Now for MP

Multiplayer.

Ok so here are some tips for the multiplayer.
If you want to boost, search for traditional dodgeball. Hardly anyone plays this gamemode. Also you'll wanna do this quite late.
Me and Chop Tops Plate did this last night.
We boosted at 1:30am GMT and didn't have many issues.

If there are people playing traditional dodgeball, then search Enhanced..
This is because traditional is by far the least played and Combat is by far the most, leaving enhanced in the middle.

So just to make it clear.

Search custom game > traditional dodgeball
If you search at the same time and no one else is online then you'll get matched together. I'd put the estimate win (2 rounds) at about 2 minutes each so thats an hour and 20 minutes boosting time for 20 wins each.

Just Getting Started 10
Win a Ranked Match.
Simply win 1 ranked match. You can boost this with a friend or do it legit. Remember 5 D's of Dodgeball

Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive, Dodge!

Ball Hugger 30
Catch 20 balls in Ranked Matches.
Do exactly the same as you did for 'There's always a catch', just do it 20 time in ranked games.
This achievement is an all time achievement, meaning you don't need to get 20 catches in 1 game. (but if you boost it makes it VERY easy.)

Untouchable 35
Counter 30 shots in Ranked Matches.
Do the same as you did for 'Dish best served cold', only do it 30 times in ranked matches.
This is also in your career so just keep on rebounding shots.

Addicted 30
Win 20 Ranked Matches.
For this, you have to win 20 ranked matches..

My old buddy Lord Gothic did some field research and found out that virtually no one is online from about 2-7am GMT.
So hop on around those times and you should be really easy to connect to your boosting buddy.
Sorry I can't give you more info but with no lobby system, there isn't any more I can tell you.

Edited[17th Feb 09] Added ranked match boosting times and estimated time for 200G

See my 100% Completed games here!!

Last edited by Alfman1; 02-17-2009 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Ezekiel is like a four year old and needs everything spelt out for him :)
Alfman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:34 PM   #2
Norman Coxwell

Monkalrus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I find the best method for the multiplayer catching and deflecting achievements is to spend an entire match focusing on souly that. You should be able to get the ammount you need in one or two games. Pretty simple and pretty fast.
Norman Coxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 03:49 AM   #3
superfly275

Nooblior's Gamercard
All I have left is Untouchable and Winner is You!
I'd say I have 25ish blocks and 7 wins

superfly275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 02:43 AM   #4
Parkerktm

Send a message via AIM to Parkerktm

JUST DO IT7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Great Guide, I'm looking forward to getting this game once i get live back. Which is rare because i hardly if not never play/buy arcade games.

How many hours do you think it would take to complete this?

God Bless America

Parkerktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 06:08 AM   #5
DanteSparda504

DanteSparda504's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Does the catch 20 balls achievement have to be in a single game? i know I have got over 20 in total but no achievement, I know in one game I got 16 catches and another I got 10, plus a few more, I should have about 30 catches.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:02 PM   #6
ezekiel 08

ezekiel 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkerktm View Post
How many hours do you think it would take to complete this?
I just bought this game and I'll time how long it take for me to beat Single Player and then Multiplayer.

I'm hoping to be the first Australian to get 200GS in this. Seeing as it's not out in Aus (I bought if off my US account but live in Aus ) and only 2 people have played it (according to MGC), I'm in with a good chance .

If ANYONE wants to boost, any time, please message my XBL gamertag: e08 1000

Completed Games [125] | Gamerscore Completion Rate [90.74%]

* retired gamerscore whore *

Last edited by ezekiel 08; 09-08-2008 at 01:33 AM. Reason: Boosting anyone?
ezekiel 08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 08:13 PM   #7
ezekiel 08

ezekiel 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfman1 View Post

Addicted 30
Win 20 Ranked Matches.
Just win 20 matches in multiplayer.
Does this have to be in Ranked or is Unranked okay? You description isn't much help...

Old 09-09-2008, 09:16 PM   #8
Alfman1

Alfman1's Gamercard
Can you not read?

Read the achievement description?

Win 20 RANKED matches...

Old 09-10-2008, 11:30 PM   #9
ezekiel 08

ezekiel 08's Gamercard

Quote:
Can you not read?

Read the achievement description?

Win 20 RANKED matches...
I know it says Ranked but there are games out there that say Ranked but can actually be done in Unranked or Private so when you don't be specific, it raises the question.

There's no need to be so defensive. If you didn't want people asking questions, then you should have stated that your 100% right and people aren't allowed to question you. Most people actually like a bit of user input as it generally makes for a better guide if more people help out. The whole purpose of a guide is to help people with achievements, not bet brownie points.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:53 PM   #10
Chop tops plate

Chop Tops plate's Gamercard
Great Guide Alfie!!!! Thank you for taking the time to do a great job on this guide, it helped me out alot!
Chop tops plate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 12:21 AM   #11
edd__
Banned User

zigs00's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezekiel 08 View Post
I know it says Ranked but there are games out there that say Ranked but can actually be done in Unranked or Private so when you don't be specific, it raises the question.

There's no need to be so defensive. If you didn't want people asking questions, then you should have stated that your 100% right and people aren't allowed to question you. Most people actually like a bit of user input as it generally makes for a better guide if more people help out. The whole purpose of a guide is to help people with achievements, not bet brownie points.
Yes, but if you'd said that first rather than posing a seemingly moronic question, you could've avoided the reaction
edd__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 05:33 AM   #12
Alfman1

Alfman1's Gamercard
lol. It was a stupid question. Sorry dude.

And what games can you get ranked achievements in non ranked games?

Last edited by Alfman1; 09-11-2008 at 05:52 AM.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:19 AM   #13
ezekiel 08

ezekiel 08's Gamercard

Quote:
And what games can you get ranked achievements in non ranked games?
I've done over 69 games now at 100% and loads more (over 150 played games) so I can't pin point an example. There have been games where it says "get 'X' kills in Ranked" or "get 'X' weapon kills in Ranked" and it actually works in Unranked.

So yes, I'm positive there are games that have misleading achievements. Play enough games, and you'll see what I'm talking about! Just look at Ninety-Nine Nights' "Reach the highest level" achievement, or lots of the Bankshot Billiards 2 achievements.

So when you say "Just win online", this will lead people to think "Oh, the description is wrong and you can just do it in Unranked as the guide say so". You should be as specific as possible as the guide is there to help people, not just to show how good you are for writing a misleading guide.

Do it properly, or don't do it at all I say. And if there is an error or an unclear description, let people correct you as the guide is for the whole community, not brownie points.

Old 09-11-2008, 10:43 AM   #14
edd__
Banned User

zigs00's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
I've done over 69 games now at 100% and loads more (over 150 played games) so I can't pin point an example. There have been games where it says "get 'X' kills in Ranked" or "get 'X' weapon kills in Ranked" and it actually works in Unranked.

So yes, I'm positive there are games that have misleading achievements. Play enough games, and you'll see what I'm talking about! Just look at Ninety-Nine Nights' "Reach the highest level" achievement, or lots of the Bankshot Billiards 2 achievements.

So when you say "Just win online", this will lead people to think "Oh, the description is wrong and you can just do it in Unranked as the guide say so". You should be as specific as possible as the guide is there to help people, not just to show how good you are for writing a misleading guide.

Do it properly, or don't do it at all I say. And if there is an error or an unclear description, let people correct you as the guide is for the whole community, not brownie points.
Again, would it really have been hard to write this in the first place?
edd__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:04 PM   #15
ezekiel 08

ezekiel 08's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by edd__ View Post
Again, would it really have been hard to write this in the first place?
No, but I though he would have got what I meant without spelling it out to him.

Whatever, I'm over it. I just hope the achievement guides in the future are just as good as some of the better ones we have. This is a great community, I just wish there was a bit more respect and friendliness.

Old 09-12-2008, 03:40 PM   #16
Alfman1

Alfman1's Gamercard
Ninety nine nights and Bankshot Billiards have nothing to do with online achievements.. They are very misleading.. Thats a different matter.. Not what you're mad at me for.

You tell me some games where it says Ranked in the achievement description and you can get it in a player match and i'll apologise for my abruptness. Until then.. It was a stupid question.

Anyway...

Old 09-12-2008, 09:17 PM   #17
owtkastbabyboi

owtkastbabyboi's Gamercard
I'm pissed I got 20 wins and no achievement. Is this glitched?
owtkastbabyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 09:25 PM   #18
owtkastbabyboi

never mind i got it on 21
Old 09-12-2008, 09:27 PM   #19
owtkastbabyboi

Good Guide. But if u need a guide for this game stick to Sega Genesis.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:46 AM   #20
ezekiel 08

ezekiel 08's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by owtkastbabyboi View Post
Good Guide. But if u need a guide for this game stick to Sega Genesis.
Lol, that's true. This game was very simple.

I just bought a 48 hour XBL Gold trial for a second account and boosted the online with my second 360, took under 2 hours. The single player took too long, it got very boring near the end. This game is better 2 player.

Old 09-15-2008, 03:21 PM   #21
NeonInVermont

NeonInVermont's Gamercard
I have no problem at all with the guide, its a great guide and with the amount of people that play this game it wont matter if you play ranked or unranked.

I just want to chime in with some info:
In DiRT there are 3 achievements that say they are Ranked online achievements. I know for a fact me and a guy did them in a private game, NOT ranked.

Just want to clear that up. Some games say they need to be ranked even if they dont need to be.
NeonInVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 01:50 PM   #22
ezekiel 08

ezekiel 08's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonInVermont View Post
I just want to chime in with some info:
In DiRT there are 3 achievements that say they are Ranked online achievements. I know for a fact me and a guy did them in a private game, NOT ranked.
THAT'S that game I was thinking of! I did it a while back and a friend of mine helped me get them in a Private match. I'm not sure there are any more games though...

@ Alfman1

If you think I was a bit of a retard asking whether the 20 Ranked wins needed to be Ranked or Unranked wins, you obviously haven't read the thread on creating Achievement Guides. It states, and I quote:

Quote:
NEXT: Achievement Detail (Make it descriptive.)

Do not assume the guide's user will have any previous knowledge of the game, the system, the controller or anything! Go into so much detail that your head hurts after writing the guide
So when you wrote:

Quote:
Addicted 30
Win 20 Ranked Matches.
Just win 20 matches in multiplayer.
You should have said something like: "win 20 matched in the Ranked multiplayer mode". If someone who hasn't played a 360 or Xbox Live read that, they might play local multiplayer and then wonder why they didn't get the achievement. You should read the whole guide and then update yours so it follows the rules.

Here's the link to the Achievement Guide walkthrough:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...ad.php?t=61662

Old 09-16-2008, 11:54 PM   #23
Alfman1

Alfman1's Gamercard
Tbh I think you're a bit of a retard for caring so much about this shitty little argument lol

I stopped caring about 5 minutes after your first comment.
Ok so you can get 3 achievements in Dirt in player. OOOOH vast amount of games there

Just cause you can in ONE game doesn't give me enough reason to change my guide to spell it out. I'm sure anyone who hasn't played an 360 before would be reading anything on this site anyway BUT fine i'll change my guide if you promise to stop your whining, ok?

P.S If you wanna waste your time playing 20 player matches.. Go ahead. Then YOU can tell me and i'll put it in my guide. ok deal.

Old 12-31-2008, 06:46 PM   #24
Ruthless
Banned User

Ruthless x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
THAT'S that game I was thinking of! I did it a while back and a friend of mine helped me get them in a Private match. I'm not sure there are any more games though...
RB6 Vegas. I did the 10 snipers kills in a player match.

Sniper
10 kills using a Sniper rifle in an online ranked match

Acquired 7/1/2007
Ruthless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:23 PM   #25
midwynter

MiDWYNTER's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthless View Post
RB6 Vegas. I did the 10 snipers kills in a player match.

Sniper
10 kills using a Sniper rifle in an online ranked match

Acquired 7/1/2007
Splinter Cell did that too I believe
midwynter is offline   Reply With Quote