PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Simulation > Rapala Fishing Frenzy
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-03-2008, 09:11 PM   #1
Mr Arrow

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide

Tips & Tricks for Tournaments & Challenges

* Use the default lure
ALL fish can be caught using the default lure, but some events require you to change to a specific one [The Shad Rap lure in ONLY found in the 0 ft depth menu]. If you have to change it, navigating the lure selection menu can be tricky. You must select these choices in order.

1. When standing on the boat but not fishing, press to open the menu.
2. Use and to select the kind of fish. [optional since all lures work]
3. With [up/down] select the depth you want to fish. [use the default]
4. Use [left/right] to select the lure type.
5. Press to select the color options. [optional]

*Stay where you started
1. Most, if not all the fish you need can be caught from the starting location if you use Attract.
2. If you're having trouble finding the fish you need, while standing on the boat waiting to fish, press to bring up the lake map, highlighting the "Hot Spots" around the lake where you WILL find the fish you need for the specific event.

* Manage your time.
Especially critical in the harder events / challenges. [I have lost too many challenges on time!]
1. ONLY use Reel-In Boost, Ariel Boost and drag up/down combos, except when going for a high score. If you use most other combos it will take longer to land the fish.
2. Be sure to either cut the line, click , if you've hooked the wrong type or are making a long retrieve, or do not Sure Bite the fish to begin with.
3. After you have met the event requirements, use the remaining time to go for the Fish Connoisseur achievement (do not use Attract).

* Getting high scoring fish
Having trouble with those 15,000 point challenges? Here's what to do.
Points are gained by successful and unbroken combo streaks. The higher the level the longer and harder the button sequences and the more points you'll gain. You'll also get a small (100-250) bonus for the star reputation/size of the fish. Using this method I regularly catch 2200 - 4000 point fish.

1. Make a long cast (100+'). Although not critical it will allow a few more combo's in the last 20 feet.
2. After you do the Attract sequence, let the lure rest a while. More often than not the fish you're looking for will bite after a successfully Attract.
3. When reeling in, TAKE YOUR TIME. The longer the fish is in the water, the higher points you'll get. I found a pattern that really works for me.

> Stay out of the red. When retrieving I'll stop and let line out. eg: I use until the tension meter is almost to the red, then I use both and (going against the direction of the tension) until the meter almost hits the middle. At this point switch back to only to retrieve. This will keep you out of the red and seems to bring on multiple combos.

> Don't miss the combos. Breaking a string seems to really delay combos from reappearing. You especially want the Time Warp, Old Sage and Fish Hero. These give the fish energy and add time to the fight.

> Size doesn't matter. The difference in bonus between a 2 and 5 star fish is small (150 +- points), unless the fish is not legal and then nothing counts. I've thrown back too many 2200+ points fish because they were not legal .

* What fish count?
1. Only legal fish count toward the achievement totals. If it says it's not legal and you have to let it go on the summary screen, it will NOT count.
2. If you caught a fish that does not count toward event / challenge goals i.e. catch Smallmouth Bass over 12", the fish WILL count so long as it is legal.
3. If you fail an event / challenge all the fish you caught will NOT count. Bummer!

[Thanks to LeMansFahrer for some great tips.]

Easy Cup Master 100
Complete the Easy Cup Tournament.

Complete the Easy Cup Tournament to get this achievement. These achievements do not stack, both NORMAL and HARD are locked at the beginning of the game. There are five events here you have to pass, each subsequent event becomes available as you progress.

1. Lake Wylie - Catch Stripped Bass in 15 minutes
UNLOCKED: Night-crawler & Boot-Lace Worm lures.

2. Clear Lake - Catch 3 Largemouth Bass in 15 minutes

3. Lake St. Clair - Catch 5 Largemouth Bass in 15 minutes using ONLY the Shad Rap Lure
Ensure you're using ONLY the Shad Rap lure.

4. Lake of the Ozarks - Catch 20 lbs. of Spotted Bass in 20 minutes.
UNLOCKED: Jigging Flat-Tail Worm & Wiggle Swimbait lures

5. Lake Okeechobee - Catch 5 fish in 17 minutes.
Any fish that are of legal size will do.
UNLOCKED: Normal Cup Tournament, Ultra Light Spinning Combo, Brine Worm, Ribbon-Tail Worm & Easy Cup Award (In Angler's Den).

Normal Cup Master 150
Complete the Normal Cup Tournament.

Complete the Normal Cup Tournament to get this achievement. This will unlock after you finish the EASY Tournament. There are five events here you have to pass, each subsequent becomes available as you pass events.

1. Lake St. Clair - Catch 5 Smallmouth Bass of at least 12" in 20 minutes.

2. Lake Amistad - Catch 3 4.5 star reputation or better Smallmouth Bass in 20 minutes.
The larger the fish (in it's class) the higher the reputation.

3. Lake of the Ozarks - Catch 6 fish on 19 minutes.
Any fish that are of legal size will do.
UNLOCKED: Jigging Frog

4. Lake Logan Martin - Get 10,000 points in 20 minutes catching ONLY Largemouth Bass.

5. Lake Okeechobee - Catch 30 lbs. of fish in 25 minutes.
Any fish that are of legal size will do. On this one ONLY go for the big fish (Largemouth), everything else is too small.
UNLOCKED: Jigging Clone-Tail Grub, Jigging Grub, Jigging Larva and Normal Cup Award.

Hard Cup Master 200
Complete the Hard Cup Tournament.

Complete the Hard Cup Tournament to get this achievement. This will unlock after you finish the NORMAL Tournament. There are six events here you have to pass, each subsequent becomes available as you pass events.

1. Lake Wylie - Catch 35 lbs. of fish in 25 minutes.
Any fish that are of legal size will do. Go only for Largemouth and Striped Bass as they are the biggest.

2. Lake Amistad - Get 12,000 points in 20 minutes catching ONLY Smallmouth Bass.

3. Lake of the Ozarks - Catch a 5 star reputation Spotted Bass in 12 minutes.

4. Clear Lake - Catch 5 Largemouth Bass of at least 16" in 20 minutes.
If the Largemouth pulls into the red (when fighting it hard) then it will be over 16".

5. Lake Logan Martin - Get 15,000 points in 25 minutes catching ONLY Spotted Bass.

6. Lake Okeechobee - Catch 8 Largemouth Bass in 24 minutes using ONLY the Countdown lure.
UNLOCKED: Bait Casting Combo, Spinnerbait, Buzzbait, Jigging Fuzzy Bait and Hard Cup Award.

Last edited by Mr Arrow; 01-15-2009 at 04:51 AM. Reason: Method ftw!
Mr Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:14 PM   #2
Mr Arrow

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Largemouth Bass Expert 75
Catch 50 Largemouth Bass.

Catch 50 Largemouth Bass. Fish caught across Tournaments, Quick Challenges and Open Fishing all count toward this achievement, non-legal fish do not. You will not ever need to use Open Fishing to get this achievement, while completing the Quick Challenges, select the appropriate lake listed below that focuses on the fish you need.

Select EXTRAS from the MENU to review all your statistics, including the number of each type of fish caught.

Smallmouth Bass Expert 100
Catch 25 Smallmouth Bass.

See Largemouth Bass Expert.

Spotted Bass Expert 125
Catch 25 Spotted Bass.

My achievement came after catching 32. See Largemouth Bass Expert.

Striped Bass Expert 50
Catch 25 Striped Bass.

My achievement came after catching 29. See Largemouth Bass Expert.

Fish Connoisseur 150
Catch at least 15 different fish species while fishing in the Tournaments.

Catch 15 different fish species. Must be during a tournament. Use the time you have after meeting event requirements to go for these fish. Only fish of legal size will count. Use the EXTRAS menu to check your progress.

Largemouth Bass
Smallmouth Bass
Spotted Bass
Stripped Bass
White Bass
Roanoke Bass
Shoal Bass
Redeye Bass
Suwanne Bass
Black Crappie
Channel Catfish
Brown Bullhead
Bluegill Sunfish
Rainbow Trout
Crappie
Redear Sunfish
Walleye
White Perch
Lake Sturgeon
Brown Trout
Perch

Quick Fishing Expert 50
Successfully complete at least 30 Quick Fishing Challenges.

Complete 30 Quick Fishing Challenges. Do these after you have unlocked all the lakes. These challenges are just like the events in the tournaments. You can keep returning to the same lake and doing only the challenges there to get the achievement. Once you get the hang of the game you'll not have too many problems here.

Unfortunately after each challenge you have to go back to the Main Menu, enduring seemingly endless load screens. Good times!

I have now played through this game twice and both times my achievement came after 27 challenges.

Where to find the fish

Lake Wylie [Quick Challenges focus on Stripped Bass]
Largemouth Bass
Stripped Bass
White Bass
Roanoke Bass

Clear Lake [Quick Challenges focus on Largemouth Bass]
Largemouth Bass
Black Crappie
Brown Trout
Bluegill Sunfish

Lake St. Clair [Quick Challenges focus on Largemouth Bass]
Largemouth Bass
Smallmouth Bass
Brown Bullhead
Walleye
White Perch
Lake Sturgeon

Lake of the Ozarks [Quick Challenges focus on Spotted Bass]
Largemouth Bass
Spotted Bass
Striped Bass
Channel Catfish
Walleye

Lake Okeechobee [Quick Challenges focus on Catching X fish in XX minutes]
Largemouth Bass
Shoal Bass
Suwanne Bass
Black Crappie
Redear Sunfish

Lake Amistad [Quick Challenges focus on Smallmouth Bass]
Largemouth Bass
Smallmouth Bass
Striped Bass
Rainbow Trout
Carppie

Lake Logan Martin [Quick Challenges focus on Spotted Bass]
Largemouth Bass
Spotted Bass
Redeye bass
White perch
Perch

Last edited by Mr Arrow; 09-09-2008 at 10:26 AM.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:20 AM   #3
jwmc1971

NaTaS 1971's Gamercard
sweet , just got this too .thanks .

64 games 100% and counting
jwmc1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 01:57 PM   #4
TuSeMorte

TuSeMorte's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Great Job Mr. Arrow.

Guide is looking awesome so far. I was going to buy this game, but I think it is a rental at least till the price drops down.

TuSeMorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 05:42 PM   #5
Ach. freak360

BIG EAZY 1's Gamercard
Thanks for making a guide, but I came here looking for tips on beating the hard tournament, and all you have is the same discription that is in the game.
Ach. freak360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 05:58 PM   #6
Mr Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ach. freak360 View Post
Thanks for making a guide, but I came here looking for tips on beating the hard tournament, and all you have is the same discription that is in the game.
Yeah, I haven't got that far yet. I'll get to it tonight and update as I have tips. Feel free to add advice as you see fit.

General tips (also listed below).

1. When going for the get 15,000 type points events always do a long cast, 100' +. This will allow you more opportunities to get a higher number of combo's, which will add to the score of the fish.

2. If you catch a fish that will not count, cut the line right away, saving time and hassle landing the wrong fish.

3. Bigger fish will get you a higher reputation. Bigger fish fight harder, cut the line on the smaller ones.

Last edited by Mr Arrow; 09-04-2008 at 06:07 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:13 AM   #7
greg

eastcoastsavage's Gamercard

i cant reel in the fish........any pointers? i fight with it 4 a long time and then it just seems to swim away......mind you RT dosnt seem to be the problem...just time limit?
greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 01:50 PM   #8
Mr Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg View Post
i cant reel in the fish........any pointers? i fight with it 4 a long time and then it just seems to swim away......mind you RT dosnt seem to be the problem...just time limit?
RT lets line out, LT is the reel-in button. [Don't worry I did exactly the same thing, the button placement is ass-backwards]
Old 09-05-2008, 11:45 PM   #9
greg

eastcoastsavage's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Arrow View Post
RT lets line out, LT is the reel-in button. [Don't worry I did exactly the same thing, the button placement is ass-backwards]
thnx dude i guess i missed that part by the way tutorial is horrible in this game (and loading times)
greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 12:35 PM   #10
Thunder cg
Banned User

AU Loverson's Gamercard
how long is this game for the 1000?
Thunder cg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 12:53 PM   #11
Mr Arrow

I got mine in slightly under 8 hours, and that was with some experimentation
Old 09-07-2008, 01:35 PM   #12
LeMansFahrer

LeMansFahrer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold
I agree with Mr Arrow 8 hours if you maybe need to catch some fish for achievements that you missed before during the challenges, otherwise it can be made in about 6-7 hours
LeMansFahrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:44 PM   #13
Ach. freak360

BIG EAZY 1's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Arrow View Post
Yeah, I haven't got that far yet. I'll get to it tonight and update as I have tips. Feel free to add advice as you see fit.

General tips (also listed below).

1. When going for the get 15,000 type points events always do a long cast, 100' +. This will allow you more opportunities to get a higher number of combo's, which will add to the score of the fish.

2. If you catch a fish that will not count, cut the line right away, saving time and hassle landing the wrong fish.

3. Bigger fish will get you a higher reputation. Bigger fish fight harder, cut the line on the smaller ones.
OK thanks, I thought maybe that was your plan.
Ach. freak360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:15 AM   #14
Marshallkev

Marshallkev's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Why do I only have 7 Quick Fish maps? Anyone know?
Old 09-08-2008, 07:38 AM   #15
LeMansFahrer

LeMansFahrer's Gamercard

There are only 7 maps in the game. You can redo any map as many times you want for the Quich Challenge Achievement.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:50 PM   #16
Nutty Scouser

Nutty Scouser's Gamercard
bring on to europe please i wanna go
Old 09-08-2008, 08:15 PM   #17
Marshallkev

Marshallkev's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Sweet!! Thanks wasn't sure, didn't want to invest time and not have it pop up you know?
Old 09-08-2008, 08:43 PM   #18
LeMansFahrer

LeMansFahrer's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshallkev View Post
Sweet!! Thanks wasn't sure, didn't want to invest time and not have it pop up you know?
By most people it unlocked before you reach 30. By me it was 28. A friend of mine it was 24. Just hope for the best. Maybe it has something to do with a failure. I had to do to 2 challenges twice seeing that I didnīt make it. That would explain why it unlocked by 28 for me.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:41 AM   #19
blurbia

Iggister's Gamercard
I had to complete 30 challenges, but the Fish Connoisseur achievement unlocked after I had only caught 11 species (probably caught 4 species from failed challenges)

My game timer was 4hr 56min. (plus a couple hours of load time probably)

MY STRATEGY:
Beat the Easy/Medium/Hard Cups.
Go back to Tournies getting any extra species.

Use Quick Fishing Challenges to catch the remainder of bass you need. (save spotted bass for last)

Have all the bass you need except for spotted, and still need some quick fishing challenges?
Play Lake of the Ozarks.
Play this challenge: "Catch a 5 star Spotted Bass in under 12 minutes"

It takes more time to load then it does to catch the fish.
Halo 3, Fallout 3, Ninja Gaiden 2, XCOM: EU & EW, Mass Effect 1-3, Bioshock 1 & 2 , Batman: Arkham Asylum, [Prototype], The Beatles: Rock Band, Kinect Adventures, Halo 3: ODST, Rock Band 1 & 2, Assassin's Creed 2, Guitar Hero: WT, 2, 5, & Aerosmith, Band Hero, KR: AI Encore 1 & 2, Destroy All Humans, Rapala Fishing Frenzy, Avatar, Perfect Dark, Turtles in Time: RS, Angry Birds Star Wars 1 & 2, Duke Nukem 3D

Recently Completed: XCOM: Enemy Within
Coming Soon: Bioshock Infinite
blurbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 06:53 AM   #20
cd6ez6nut6zz

DOU6CD6EZNUTZ6Z's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder cg View Post
how long is this game for the 1000?
i got most of mine in under 3 hours all i need to do is the 30 Quick Fishing Expert
cd6ez6nut6zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 03:29 PM   #21
vicko

Blain uk's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty Scouser View Post
bring on to europe please i wanna go
The US version is multi region, Playasia.com

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-19-49-en-15-rapala.html
Old 09-19-2008, 03:42 PM   #22
Khaos

Send a message via MSN to Khaos

Reverend Khaos's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Platinum   Gamerscore League Season 7 Winner   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamerscore League Season 5 Winner   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Stickied!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreckon Dracgon
Khaos you are an evil genius.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruhmann360 View Post
and remember, the more beautiful and pure something is, the more satisfying it is to corrupt it.

Khaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:31 AM   #23
XxM4RKSM4NxX

XxM4RKSM4NxX's Gamercard
Nice guide man. Will do the achievements when I get a chance to play again.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:37 PM   #24
ThirdeYe

Derek1337's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamerscore League Season 6 Winner   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Great guide, but the Lake Wylie quick challenge doesn't focus on Striped Bass, it actually focuses on Largemouth Bass. Unless I'm doing something wrong, that's all I'm catching on that lake.

ThirdeYe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:08 PM   #25
Mr Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdeYe View Post
Great guide, but the Lake Wylie quick challenge doesn't focus on Striped Bass, it actually focuses on Largemouth Bass. Unless I'm doing something wrong, that's all I'm catching on that lake.
ugh....returned this game ages ago so I can't double check but the notes I kept say Striped Bass.

Either way people will read this now and be more prepared (I hope).
Old 10-28-2008, 08:09 PM   #26
ThirdeYe

Derek1337's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamerscore League Season 6 Winner   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I found out what was wrong. The challenge is actually to catch 35 pounds of fish in 25 minutes, but you can't find any striped bass at the starting location, you have to go to a different hot spot to find them. Don't use your attract, otherwise you'll get Largemouth bass rather than the striped bass that will bite without an attract.

Edit: For some reason when I replayed Lake Wylie for the 4th time, the event objective changed to "Catch 3 Striped Bass in 15 minutes." -shrug- Oh well, at least I know you can find them in this lake regardless of what the objective is. lol.

Last edited by ThirdeYe; 10-28-2008 at 08:13 PM.
ThirdeYe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:12 PM   #27
Mr Arrow

Quote:
I found out what was wrong. The challenge is actually to catch 35 pounds of fish in 25 minutes, but you can't find any striped bass at the starting location, you have to go to a different hot spot to find them. Don't use your attract, otherwise you'll get Largemouth bass rather than the striped bass that will bite without an attract.
Typically there are three different challenge types per lake:

Catch XX lbs. in XX minutes.

Catch 5 XX Bass in 15 minutes.

Catch a 12,000 worth of XX Bass in XX minutes.

Which one you actually get is random, I was not able to find or predict a pattern.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:10 AM   #28
DreadfulCorpse

Quote:
the challenges differ as you start the lakes, just keep restarting your challenge until you get the one you want. the Lake Wylie quick challenge definitely does focus on Striped Bass.
great guide btw.

Last edited by DreadfulCorpse; 11-13-2008 at 12:13 AM.
DreadfulCorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 03:08 PM   #29
Onyok

Strange! Mine as well I've got the Striped Bass Expert on my 30th... Glitched?
Onyok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 08:34 PM   #30
cuban pride

maybe you already know but when in the different tournaments when you go to the lure screen you cycle the lures with rb lb, on the top it names the different fish in the lake depending on the tourney challenge, that way you know exactly what fish you need depending on your extras for 15 fish