Tricking Xbox?

iNSANiTY

They do check the console, so if it does not show the 3 Red Rings when they test it, then they call you and ask if it is okay you charge to fix the E74 error.

Or they will just ship it back to you, still broken.

Either fork out for the repair, get a new 360 or wrap your 360 in towels until it gets the 3 Red Lights, though I am not sure that will work.

It's a mass Call Center/Tech Center. So no, they don't check.

When I got the RRoD she asked me something that my xbox should've been doing that it wasn't. Not wanting to deal any longer with it I just laid back on the couch and agreed with her, told her I was trying the things she asked me to try, and two days later I got a box.

They don't check. It would take too much time.

To get the RROD you will be able to simple use scotch tape over all the ventilation holes. Even with the E74, leave the maching running and in due time the unit will overheat. Once you get it overheated, the system will only RROD when powered up and never get to the E74 screen.

THis worked for 2 of my buddies that had E74 with no warrantee save for the 3 year RROD one. Both guys units were either repaired or returned with a refurb from the overheating chipsets.

Give it a try. Cover all holes with the tape, including the fans. Make sure to use a weak strength scotch tape, like what you use for wrapping presents, so to avoid leaving tape glue all over the unit being a dead givaway that something was up.

Good luck my friend. Hopefully others can advise you as well, they may have a better solution.

I only suggest this because with E74, there really is no draw on the processors so the only way to cause the RROD in this case is totally cooking the internals by blocking all airflow.