Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 3: ODST
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-11-2008, 01:33 PM   #1
SPNKr M19

SPNKr M19's Gamercard
News

This thread was made to post any news or speculation on what this project could be and who's behind it?

Games in Progress:

Chime, Halo Wars (1120/1200), GTA 4, Guitar Hero III, Guitar Hero World Tour, The Beatles: Rock Band, Virtua Tennis 3
SPNKr M19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 06:50 AM   #2
Evil Demon55

Send a message via AIM to Evil Demon55

Evil Demon55's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Submit - Silver   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
halo 4????????????

688 days left to go!
Evil Demon55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 11:08 AM   #3
SPNKr M19

SPNKr M19's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Demon55 View Post
halo 4????????????
Perhaps.

There is still that mysterious ending after Halo 3 on legendary.

Games in Progress:

Chime, Halo Wars (1120/1200), GTA 4, Guitar Hero III, Guitar Hero World Tour, The Beatles: Rock Band, Virtua Tennis 3
Old 09-16-2008, 09:30 PM   #4
Pointless Dan

Pointless Dan's Gamercard
Quote:
halo 4????????????
I can't see it being Halo 4 in the sense of it following the Master Chief, but I think it will be set in the Halo universe, maybe following a squad of Marines or something like that. I think it would be good to see a GRAW style squad shooter, but with a better interaction with vehicles and more open maps. I just hope another company come in and try and make a Halo clone just to make easy money off the name.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:17 PM   #5
SPNKr M19

SPNKr M19's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointless Dan View Post
I just hope another company come in and try and make a Halo clone just to make easy money off the name.
I would rather no more Halo than a cheap knockoff made without help from bungie.

It could follow one of the other spartans maybe Kelly or whatever here name is, the one that went of with Dr Halsey after Halo CE.

I still like my idea of them working on the mysterious ending to Halo 3 though.

Games in Progress:

Old 09-20-2008, 04:38 AM   #6
aussiegamer

HoMiCiDaL362's Gamercard
Prequel to Halo.
Old 09-20-2008, 04:55 AM   #7
SPNKr M19

SPNKr M19's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegamer View Post
Prequel to Halo.
Yes. Good idea.

Games in Progress:

Old 09-20-2008, 11:01 AM   #8
Ritchie Goodall

Rishuire's Gamercard
The prequel to halo would be about when they first come into contact with the Covenant. Could be a good idea. In the first novel they follow the master chief when the other spartans go down onto reach and it could be interesting to hear the story of the sparatans that did go to reach
Ritchie Goodall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 12:49 PM   #9
SPNKr M19

SPNKr M19's Gamercard
the story of harvest upto ? is being told by halo wars.

but a prequel or maybe Halo 1.5. Just joking about the title but there is a good story from the novels about how Master Chief makes it back to Earth.

Games in Progress:

Old 09-20-2008, 03:25 PM   #10
RuggersAssassin

Send a message via AIM to RuggersAssassin

RuggersAssassin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Yeah I noticed this on Bungie this morning i was really confused. I heard a lot about the arg and stuff. Though my friend said after reading the books the vehicle chief is on is in bound to planet onyx where a few of the last spartans remain. Maybe its time to see what its like on onyx with others. No more halo maybe onyx haha?

^Thanks to SeedyEvil for the Sig^
RuggersAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 05:48 AM   #11
moose0003

moose0003's Gamercard
it will be halo cloverfield style.

"It is a curious thing...but perhaps those who are best suited to power are those
who have never sought it. Those who have leadership thrust upon them, and take
up the mantle because they must, find to their own surprise that they wear it well."

moose0003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 06:45 AM   #12
SPNKr M19

SPNKr M19's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuggersAssassin View Post
Yeah I noticed this on Bungie this morning i was really confused. I heard a lot about the arg and stuff. Though my friend said after reading the books the vehicle chief is on is in bound to planet onyx where a few of the last spartans remain. Maybe its time to see what its like on onyx with others. No more halo maybe onyx haha?
I like that idea. Just a quick wuestion though, are the spartans on Onyx from the Spartan II program or Spartan III, because they never met each other and John (Master Chief) being a Spartan II meeting the Spartan III's would be weird. Maybe Dr Halsey is there too.

Games in Progress:

Old 10-11-2008, 01:57 AM   #13
Paul C 777

PaulSack951's Gamercard
Talking

The new game is called Halo 3 Recon. It is an expansion to Halo 3. In the game you get a new set of achievents (1000GS). This time you are an ODST, and there is a new campaign, it is set in New Mombasa.
Paul C 777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 02:06 AM   #14
Teh Rofl Knief

Gh3tto Waldorf's Gamercard
So this is essentially Halo 2.5?
Teh Rofl Knief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 01:58 PM   #15
SPNKr M19

SPNKr M19's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Rofl Knief View Post
So this is essentially Halo 2.5?
From what I have heard, yes. You enter orbit just after Regret jumps away from New Mombasa in Halo 2.

This is still supposed to run on the Halo 3 engine and you can't play as the ODST in online multiplayer. That will be left to the spartans. The mythic map pack is set to release early 2009 and more maps to come with Halo 3: Recon.

You should watch the trailer that they released on bungie.net (visit hereand follow links), it shows the ODST wielding a new gun to.

Gotta love bungie.

Can't wait till fall 2009.

Games in Progress:

Last edited by SPNKr M19; 10-12-2008 at 11:05 PM.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:53 AM   #16
Inferno7000

Inferno7000's Gamercard
Some very nice ideas a prequel would be sweet, to see how it all started.
Inferno7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 02:55 AM   #17
frank9080

frank9080's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno7000 View Post
Some very nice ideas a prequel would be sweet, to see how it all started.
Just read Halo: Fall Of Reach it is a great book and tells you about the rise and downfall of Spartans.

Completed Retail=93
Top 3(in order):GH2~GOW~Beijing 2008
Best movie ever: Saving Private Ryan
#15 to GH:A 1000
#50 to Beijing 2008
#66 to SC4
Funeral For A Friend=Greatest Band
frank9080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:08 AM   #18
Danny909

Danny 909's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank9080 View Post
Just read Halo: Fall Of Reach it is a great book and tells you about the rise and downfall of Spartans.

hm? never heard about that book but sounds interesting. might get it
Danny909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 09:31 PM   #19
DocRevolt

DocRevolt's Gamercard
I sure hope this isn't a prequel -_-

Proudest Retail 100%'s: Assassin's Creed 2 + Revelations, Alan Wake, Afro Samurai, Battlefield: BC2, Bioshock 2, Borderlands (1750), CoD 2, 4, 5 + 6, Condemned 1 + 2, Dark Souls, Dead Space, Dead Island, TES IV + V, Fable II (1350), Fallout 3 (1550), Gears of War 2, Mass Effect (1200), Prototype, Star Wars: TFU 1 + 2 (1200), Singularity, WET

Retail 100%: 40
Arcade 100%: 10
DocRevolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:07 AM   #20
SPNKr M19

SPNKr M19's Gamercard
Bungie will release two expansion packs for Halo 3 in the upcomming year. There will be Halo 3: Recon and the mythic map pack.

The mythic map pack contains:
Assembly (Purple Reign)
Citadel (unknown covenant-set map)
Heretic (unknown covenant-set map)
Orbital (human-set map aka Moonbase)
and will most likely earn you all the remaining achievements post TU2.

Halo 3: Recon, however,comes complete with a new campaign, and you will play as an ODST.

The story starts with you entering orbit just after Regret jumps away from New Mombasa in Halo 2.

This is still supposed to run on the Halo 3 engine and you can't play as the ODST in online multiplayer. That will be left to the spartans. However being a bungie game, I'm sure they will release more stuff for online play.

The release dates are currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agusta1 View Post
Mythic maps are coming out in January 2009.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agusta1 View Post
Halo 3: Recon is coming out in October 2009.

You should watch the trailer that they released on bungie.net (visit here and follow links), it shows the ODST wielding a new gun to.

Gotta love bungie. Can't wait till fall 2009.

About the achievements, no one at bungie has been very clear on this, however, I believe, from what I've heard, after the mythic map pack releases, all Halo 3 achievements should be obtainable. Halo 3: Recon should come complete with a new 1000g.

That's all I know for now. You really should watch the trailer. It is awesome.

Games in Progress:

Old 10-17-2008, 01:09 AM   #21
Gage3Wade

iGage x2's Gamercard
this is bungie's next game. its a new campaign, with some multiplayer maps and its called Halo 3: Recon http://www.bungie.net/News/content.a...nk=ournextgame

Gage3Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:54 AM   #22
SPNKr M19

SPNKr M19's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gage3Wade View Post
this is bungie's next game. its a new campaign, with some multiplayer maps and its called Halo 3: Recon http://www.bungie.net/News/content.a...nk=ournextgame
Yes a link to the source. That was smart thinking (slaps himself across the head for not thinking of it).

Games in Progress:

Old 10-21-2008, 06:28 PM   #23
o0PTIMUS PRIMEo

oWHITE WID0Wo's Gamercard
Quote:
I can't see it being Halo 4 in the sense of it following the Master Chief, but I think it will be set in the Halo universe, maybe following a squad of Marines or something like that. I think it would be good to see a GRAW style squad shooter, but with a better interaction with vehicles and more open maps. I just hope another company come in and try and make a Halo clone just to make easy money off the name.
I could not agree more

1000+ (5)

Will boost
Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3
Gears of War 3
Call of Duty: Black Ops (zombies)

Message me on here or XBL
o0PTIMUS PRIMEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:20 PM   #24
cincychaos

Send a message via AIM to cincychaos

skinnedlion's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by o0PTIMUS PRIMEo View Post
I could not agree more
I second that
cincychaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:38 PM   #25
SPNKr M19

SPNKr M19's Gamercard
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPNKr M19 View Post
I don't like GRAW. I like the unrealistic gameplay from Halo, being superhuman, and i hope they manage to bring that aspect in somehow.

Maybe he is a Spartan from Spartan I or Spartan III (maybe lost Spartan II) but they stuck him in an ODST suit because they were running out of resources.

^^^^^^^^^^^
I like that idea!

To me those games serve their purpose, but there are enough games and companys that make those games. Halo has always been a bit easier to play and where other games are about stealth, Halo is about your timing (mele, grenade). It would be nice to have to strategise a bit more (like that section in Tsavo Highway; where there are tons of brutes, and you get pinned down for ages because of two phantoms full of the apes), but no where near the point where advancing 10 meters becomes impossible.

Games in Progress:

Old 11-01-2008, 04:45 PM   #26
Megafones x360a

Megafones's Gamercard
Definate Halo 4

There will DEFINATELY be Halo 4, as mentioned previously, the 'secret' Legendary ending of Halo 3, shows Master Chief drifting off towards the planet now known as Black Onyx. This planet houses larges ammounts of other Spartans, yes, there are more. One of which is female, and she designed Cortana in the likeness of herself, so perhaps even a little romance twist with the new title ?

Bungie have sold the rights to Halo, so it's all under the wing of Microsoft Game Studios, and you can be sure that they are milking this game as much as humanly possible. There are several titles for decade ahead all based both loosely and heavily on Halo. Halo 3: Recon, is of course the ODST title we had all been wondering about, Halo Wars is almost like the in-between title, and Halo 4 is probably coming next. So be prepared.
Megafones x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 03:37 PM   #27
SPNKr M19

SPNKr M19's Gamercard
Latest bungie podcast specifically says, 'No GRAW, no squad based. Recon is a First Person Shooter, same Halo experience with different tactics (Stealth)' (Bungie employees).

I breathed a sigh of relief when I heard that!

Games in Progress:

Old 11-18-2008, 10:16 PM   #28
o0PTIMUS PRIMEo

oWHITE WID0Wo's Gamercard
Quote:
i totaly agree with the GRAW style of gameplay i think that would bring somthing to halo that it is missing

1000+ (5)

Will boost
Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3
Gears of War 3
Call of Duty: Black Ops (zombies)

Message me on here or XBL
o0PTIMUS PRIMEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 02:13 PM   #29
SPNKr M19

SPNKr M19's Gamercard
I haven't updated this section in a while but I thought it was about time. Halo: ODST (formerly Recon) will aparently, from what I figure ODST will be the first chance for Halo fans to get their hands on the second half of the Mythic Map Pack. Also the Bungie team have apparently reached the "Representative Experience Milestone", which is fancy talk for a playable version of the game. The Bungie staff will all play through the game and discuss its awesomeness! (HELL YEAH) Marty O'Donnell is hard at work recording stuff. The mission dialogue is written and implemented. There are people working on enemy behaviours and decorating things.

In other news... Malcolm Reynolds from Firefly and Halo 3 is apparently going to be playing a bigger role this time round.

Games in Progress:

Old 01-14-2009, 09:11 AM   #30
afunk117

Quote:
halo 4????????????

When will they make this they have too do something after that ending, maybe one of the last missions is the distress call, Hopefully
afunk117 is offline   Reply With Quote