PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Too Human
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-17-2008, 12:48 AM   #31
Dstrukt

xI Dstrukt Ix's Gamercard
No problem Profaine and thanks for the feedback.

Egil's Cure for the Coward

Damage: 568 (355 +60%)

Ruiner: Fist of the Joten

Cannon Damage: +10%
Slug Fire Rate: +10%
Mastery: Enchanced Mobility Actuators +1
Rupture: +6%

The funny thing is, this cannon is part of a 2 piece set that can only be completed by a Cybernetic Berserker. The other part of the set are dual-wield staves. However, since this is the only elite slug cannon available currently in-game, it's all we've got to work with.

Dstrukt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:01 AM   #32
Profaine

Profaine's Gamercard
I think people are missing the big point on this damage.
I was confused at first, but thanks to D, I believe it should be explained as such:
Your base damage is 300, so let's just say for the sake of argument you do....
10,000 damage per minute.
Assuming you do nuthin to boost damage, but buff slug rate of fire to 50%. You may still only do 300 damage(per bullet), but are effectively doing 15,000 damage per minute. Its like swinging your sword faster/more often.
Keep in mind the dpm was just a nice round fictional number to keep math simple cuz I hate math.
THAT, is where the pure power of the class comes in.
Profaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:13 AM   #33
Dstrukt

That's exactly right. Thank you for illustrating that point for us Profaine.

With the current game restriction of +72% slug fire rate, the potential damage this class can do is absolutely ridiculous coupled with the fact that you are dishing it out from half a screen away.

From the first page, you can see my total ballistic damage is 942. Add in my maxed Augmented Musculature damage bonus of 23% at 150+ hit count (which is far too easy to achieve with this build): 942 x 1.23 = 1158.66 damage per bullet.

Now let's do the math for total damage per second. I know for a fact that it does fire at least 8+ bullets per second because the damage reader in-game shows 8 numbers before I can finish counting 1 Mississippi. So let's say for the sake of argument the cannon fires out 10 bullets a second (a nice round number), that right there is 11,586.6 damage per second, before factoring in armor, from half a screen's distance away.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:20 AM   #34
Profaine

Profaine's Gamercard
Actually, I just had an interesting idea that needs tested out, unless u already know. Do attack speed runes increase ballistic fire rates as well as melee? I figure it would be easier to test on a toon not already hotwired with a heavy trigger finger. Maybe take a zerker or champ with no bonus to attack speed, and time how long it takes to drain a clip. Slap on some armor with attack speed capped, and compare. This might be worth looking into. I'm at work on my blackberry or I would try this out now.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:22 AM   #35
Dstrukt

Heh, yes I've actually pondered this before while making this character. Unfortunately attack speed runes only apply to melee weapons.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:52 AM   #36
Profaine

Profaine's Gamercard
Poop

Either which way, commando is slowly working its way to surpassing my champion as my main.

I will continue playing my cyber champion till I get the last 3 pieces of my elite set, then trade them for aesir armor for my commando. I just wish I had them for the achievement so I can seriously work on my commando now.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:57 AM   #37
Powerman1469

PowerMan1469's Gamercard
funny people -_- dont need guides for your build.. build your own lol

but this is a very good commando but i still like my plasma rifle better =]

Powerman1469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:12 AM   #38
Profaine

Profaine's Gamercard
Yeah, don't NEED a guide, but its nice to not spend all that time and useless bounty respeccing and reruneing till you get the optimal setup.

And yes, I am funny.
Everyone is always laughing at......ermmmm with me!
Old 09-17-2008, 07:16 PM   #39
RhythmBeast

RhythmBeast's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dstrukt View Post
I could make that guide. I have a 50 Human Zerk that does an average 13-14k per hit with his battle cry on and 60-80k finishers. Perhaps this weekend when time permits.
Sounds delicious. And, for those of you using this guide, Ice Forest is probably the most difficult level...so heed the warning: "Dark Elves can be a real pain at this point in your character’s life." Trust me, I just played the level last night.
RhythmBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:04 PM   #40
Dstrukt

Indeed. Ice Forest is a pain in the ass the first time through, but this can pretty much be said for any class. I guarantee you this though, if you play through it again once you are at level 50, it will pretty much be a cakewalk. As I said in another thread, I helped about half a dozen people get their unstoppable achievements for this level without breaking a sweat.

Remember, don't be stingy on those ruiners! You'll recover that combo level before you even know it thanks to Smoothbore.

Old 09-18-2008, 02:40 PM   #41
checkahh

Soo, i just were able to see that commando in action, it was stunning =]
Lol garm was down in 20 seconds and hel took about 30 secs, never seen something like this before, i just got the unstoppable achievement for helheim thanks to his commando, only took 30 mins or so, GREAT
Thx again.
checkahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:29 PM   #42
BullZeye

AR BullZeye's Gamercard
Damn,my 360 broke and I have to send it to repair,so I am not able to further try that build for a while.
I hope that in about 2 weeks(I pray it won't take longer) you are still ready to get me through Helheim?(I know I ahevn't said anything about that but from what checkahh said I'd love to see such a character in action)
If not I'll have to get it done on ym own.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:18 PM   #43
Dstrukt

Not a problem BullZeye. Just send me a message on Live when you get your 360 back and I'll help you get your achievement. Anyone else that needs assistance getting their Unstoppable achievements, send me a message.

Old 09-18-2008, 11:04 PM   #44
Mortiferus

Moe Szyslak 74's Gamercard
Awesome Guide

Thx Dstrukt,

I started yesterday, playing my commando. i played this char to lvl 10 for the "jack of all trades"achievement. and i realy got problems with this class. after playing my "main char" (defender) to lvl 50 and getting no epic drops in the last 20 hours, i read this guide.

Now i must say my commando will be my new main char as soon as i hit 50

By now i got my first playthrough. including unstoppable achievments for world serpent and helheim. and i am sure in a few lvl's and some better equip, i will get my unstoppable IF with ease. i'm lvl 30 right now, and most enemys don't come even close to me. on my playthrough only 2 things were hardend, the polaritys in IF (when you got no combo for ruiners rdy) and a "bulletproof" troll in world serpent, but 3 ruiners later he hit the ground

now i hope this char gives me better luck in item drops @ lvl 50

Last edited by Mortiferus; 09-18-2008 at 11:19 PM.
Mortiferus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 12:35 AM   #45
Dstrukt

Thanks Mortiferus.

I just finished demo'ing the commando build for 'One Impulse' in world serpent. Thanks for your interest in the build dude. I just wanted to take this opportunity to invite anybody who is even remotely curious about this build to send me a message and I will be more than happy to demo for you.

On a related note, I had my fastest kill time for Everlasting Hate during this run. Must have been 7-8 seconds tops thanks to Impulse acting as bait I didn't have to dodge any attacks and could fire continuously throughout the battle.

Old 09-19-2008, 10:32 AM   #46
CRAZYO5026

Ah, I'll take you up on that unstoppable offer. I need it for everything but HoH, so whichever you think is hardest for a human berserker since you said you have one. Also, back to my armor question of a few days ago, you're saying that I'm better off socketing level 44 altruist stuff with orange runes? I think I have almost a full set of altruist on my berserker so that works.

I'll be on later tonight, my GT is the same as my forum name.
CRAZYO5026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 07:03 PM   #47
RhythmBeast

RhythmBeast's Gamercard
I think once I'm done getting The "Jack of all Trades", I'm going to use my Commando(who currently is Lvl28) to get "Relics of a Forgotten Past". I'm saying this because even though my Human Champ has all but his Gloves and Greaves, the Commando is more fun to use(thank you, Dstrukt).
Old 09-21-2008, 02:05 PM   #48
Dstrukt

I've added a snippet in the 'Final Tips' and 'Levels 21-30' sections about Dexterity runes. Thanks maui59 for reminding me about that with your question. I'm currently working on my Human Berserker guide as I write this. It will be in a similar format as this one.

Last edited by Dstrukt; 09-21-2008 at 02:09 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:14 PM   #49
RhythmBeast

RhythmBeast's Gamercard
Really want to say "thank you" Dstrukt for this guide. I'm only having problems with one type of enemy -shot activated polarities- I may have misread if you have already given this tip. Do you have any tips for this type of enemy? Again, Thank you.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:31 PM   #50
Dstrukt

No problem RhythmBeast. Thanks for the feedback. The berserker guide you were looking forward to is also posted now.

The dark polarity enemies can be a pain if they come at you in a large mob. Luckily this really only occurs in the Ice Forest and briefly in the World Serpent.

The quickest and most effective way to deal with them are with your ruiners. If your cannon damage and slug fire rate are high enough, you could simply juggle individual enemies to death. However, a mob of dark polarities is a different story.

Again, use your ruiner attack against the mobs. You should have plenty of combo level to spare to the point where you could spam 2-3 attacks and recharge them almost just as quickly. If you prefer to save your ruiners, utilize your fierce attacks and spam the mob with it. They should die relatively quickly this way as well.

Old 09-22-2008, 09:04 PM   #51
benmou13

you use cannons are you dizzy ummm profiency in rifles does that mean nothing?? cybers go plasma and humans go slugs its just common sense.

Last edited by benmou13; 09-22-2008 at 09:11 PM.
benmou13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:49 PM   #52
Dstrukt

Quote:
Originally Posted by benmou13 View Post
you use cannons are you dizzy ummm profiency in rifles does that mean nothing?? cybers go plasma and humans go slugs its just common sense.
Wow, with this kind of misinformation and narrow-mindedness there might as well be a single skill path available for the player to follow! Seriously, Too Human is about customizability. If you are going to deny yourself that fundamental principle then you really should be looking elsewhere for your gaming needs. Not only is your 'rifle proficiency' comment completely incorrect but your argument has no basis upon anything resembling fact.

Get back to me when you form a real argument. Thanks.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:07 PM   #53
HoBoZ

xx HoBoZ xx's Gamercard
hey Dstrukt, I have a lvl 50 Cyber Commando with your build. Let me first say it is Kicking A**. I don't have the armor that I want yet to make my final build. I am looking for some of the Aesir armor with all those lovely empty runes spots. In the meantime, I would like some help on the Unstoppable IF. It is the last of my Achievements. I you are interested, I will be online later tonight.

GT = HoBoZ123

Freinds request without a msg stating why, will be declined.
HoBoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 06:40 PM   #54
benmou13

1) you move snail speed with a cannon
2) plasma has splash damage and is great with cybernetic skill tree
3) slug is the godmode human commando path 2 skills in slug rate of fire = rapid machinegun
4) using a cannon is like saying "omg lets use a 2h sword with our zerkers =]"
5) profiency is everything
6) toohuman.net enough said
7) your all reading 1 persons build where as toohuman.net has about 10 builds for cybernetic commando rated by thousands of players and dennis dyack and none of them use cannons.......case.....closed.
8) your a retard =]

Last edited by benmou13; 09-23-2008 at 06:44 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:57 PM   #55
Andrew x360a
Guide Team

Andrew x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Guide Team   Staff Club - DEG23   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Subscriber - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Silver   x360a Representer   Micro Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Silver
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
8) your a retard =]
I think that this is the definition of Irony.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:07 PM   #56
benmou13

he says im basing my arguement on nothing when the builds i follow have been created and overlooked by developers of the game itself, this is an achievement website whereas toohuman.net's sole purpose is everything but achievements that deals with the game even toohumanwiki people post on the website. theres a fatal floor with the game is that it isnt all about customisation because the game was designed for 4 player co-op so half the skill trees are pointless.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:39 PM   #57
Andrew x360a
Guide Team

Andrew x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Guide Team   Staff Club - DEG23   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Subscriber - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Silver   x360a Representer   Micro Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Silver
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
he says im basing my arguement on nothing when the builds i follow have been created and overlooked by developers of the game itself, this is an achievement website whereas toohuman.net's sole purpose is everything but achievements that deals with the game even toohumanwiki people post on the website. theres a fatal floor with the game is that it isnt all about customisation because the game was designed for 4 player co-op so half the skill trees are pointless.
Frankly, it doesn't matter what your argument is. He isn't saying that this is the only strategy for building a Commando. This just happens to be one strategy that he found successful. Why start an argument over slug versus laser when he has a build that clearly works with his playing style? If you don't like the strategy, use your own, but don't rip on someone for trying to help out other players.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:05 PM   #58
Ragator

Ragator's Gamercard
great guide man I' am loving my commando and thank for this guide
Ragator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:34 PM   #59
Smithaveli

I'm just confused on how you are customizing a cybernetic to such length.. I've gotten my cyber commando to level 40 following your skil tree.. but rarely have I found any armor in the store that had more than 1 open slot (the exeption being a 1 handed staff), and most of the armor is all +laser + pistol etc dmg.. I think I was lucky enough to find 2 or three pieces that were plus slug dmg... no slug rate of fire runes yet, and even if I found them, I'd have nowhere to socket them...

So im honestly confused on how you've maxed slug rate and dmg, and still managed to find room for plus 4 to all skills..
Smithaveli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 04:09 PM   #60
Dstrukt

Quote:
1) you move snail speed with a cannon
2) plasma has splash damage and is great with cybernetic skill tree
3) slug is the godmode human commando path 2 skills in slug rate of fire = rapid machinegun
4) using a cannon is like saying "omg lets use a 2h sword with our zerkers =]"
5) profiency is everything
6) toohuman.net enough said
7) your all reading 1 persons build where as toohuman.net has about 10 builds for cybernetic commando rated by thousands of players and dennis dyack and none of them use cannons.......case.....closed.
8) your a retard =]
1) Movement is a moot point with a cannon. If I can hit anything and everything from where I am currently standing and kill them all without giving my enemies a chance to get close, why does it matter?
2) Did I ever say that Plasma is bad anywhere in my posts?
3) Yes this is true. The human build is great but so is this cybernetic one. I opted for the cannon approach thus I needed to be Cybernetic. I weighed my options between having more fire rate vs. more ammo and range. The more ammo and range won. That's MY choice.
4) I don't think this point even deserves to be addressed. That's the most ridiculous analogy I've ever heard. It makes absolutely no logical sense.
5) I think you mean efficiency. However, if I can run through Helheim in 25-30 minutes without any trouble at all, I'm pretty sure that this build is just as effective as any 'Human' slug builds.
6) I lurk on TH.net a lot. What's your point? That I'm not fitting into the standard 'molds' of a commando build? Oh no, I'm not following what everybody else is doing. Shame on me. /sarcasm
7) Refer to point 6
8) If you're going to be condescending at least use proper grammar so you don't look like an absolute douche

Good day.

EDIT:

@Smithaveli

Altruist pieces have 4 open slots available to be used for both alignments. You can find them in Cyberspace from obelisks guarded by Nidhogg.

Locations as follows:

Helmet: Ice Forest - the first secret well behind the wall after you make your first jump
Body Armor: Hall of Heroes - the last well before the room with the giant moving coffin
Greaves/Pants: World Serpent - the well where you reactivate the Serpent (in the control room)
Gauntlets: Helheim - The last well in the game. The one where you get the fire ability to remove Nidhogg from areas in Cyberspace.

The other pieces that you want to keep an eye out for are Aesir armor pieces with 1 red rune and 3 open slots available. You will have to be level 50 for the Aesir pieces though.

At the low 40s, if you go through the World Tree you should find a few Seeker weapons. These are melee weapons with 4 open slots that can also be used to supplement your ballistic abilities.

Also, keep an eye out for orange armor with 2 purple runes (the more useful to your class the better obviously) and 2 open slots, these ones aren't that rare.

As for slug fire rate runes, these only come in orange and red flavours. You won't find purple ones.

Last edited by Dstrukt; 09-24-2008 at 04:27 PM.