PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > Rock Band 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-15-2008, 08:14 PM   #31
Tieg

Tieg's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by surge1 View Post
can anyone confirm "comeback kid" locally by losing to yourself then playing again for the win?
Quote:
Comeback Kid - Defeat the last player beat you in either Score Duel or Tug of War. 15G
For this one, you need to lose to someone online, and then play them again in the next match and beat them. In theory, you can lose to yourself in local play, then do a new match and win. Will test it.
I just tried it the part in bold...it doesn't work. Might have to actually make some friends online with this one
FRIENDSHIP: A smile. A hug. A touch. A tender thought. Friends are for holding your hand, for sharing your laughter and for wiping away your tears. We all need friends. Even when we're trying to take over the universe. Only then they're just pond-life, to be used for their military knowledge and diplomatic skills, then spat out and urinated on from a great height. Proving their worth as mere stepping stones on the road to your goal as the ultimate leader. That's what friends are for.

Last edited by Tieg; 09-15-2008 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Adding stuff
Tieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:14 PM   #32
Tieg

Tieg's Gamercard
Quote:
Flawless Guitar Solo - 100% a guitar solo using only the solo buttons. 20G
Make sure when you quote the achievements you quote them word for word...I tried doing this on easy on Today as you were not specific in skill and no pop. When I went to read the acheivement in game it said:

Quote:
Flawless Guitar Solo
100% a guitar solo on Expert, using only the solo buttons
Just constructive criticism In all honesty this is shaping up to be a good achievement guide for us achievement whores to refer to. Keep up the good work
FRIENDSHIP: A smile. A hug. A touch. A tender thought. Friends are for holding your hand, for sharing your laughter and for wiping away your tears. We all need friends. Even when we're trying to take over the universe. Only then they're just pond-life, to be used for their military knowledge and diplomatic skills, then spat out and urinated on from a great height. Proving their worth as mere stepping stones on the road to your goal as the ultimate leader. That's what friends are for.
Tieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:02 PM   #33
Blackhawk

Blackhawk 0990's Gamercard
Quote:
Flawless Groove - 100% a song on Expert bass only using up-strums. 25G
Just a note, I don't think it's able to do this using the GH 3 Wireless controller to anyone using it. It wont let me get it using that guitar.
Blackhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:07 PM   #34
Tenacious

Bassnectarr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
To the above poster, I got it with the gh3 wireless guitar on Silver. ^^

Anyway - does anyone have any tips for a good song to do The Bachman-Turner Award achievement in? I thought Are You Gonna Be My Girl by Jet from Rock Band 1 would be a good choice in a band of 2 or more, but I have yet to try it.

Also - I have an xbox live enabled backup profile. Could I sign on to that profile with my main profile in local splitscreen and then get Comeback Kid?

Boost with me: Forza 4, GTA 5, GTA 4

Guitar Hero III 1000/1000G 3rd September 2013
Tenacious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:08 PM   #35
TwistedFate

Bobo daMunkee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawk View Post
Just a note, I don't think it's able to do this using the GH 3 Wireless controller to anyone using it. It wont let me get it using that guitar.
I did it on We Got The Beat with the Wireless Les Paul.

Last edited by TwistedFate; 09-15-2008 at 10:13 PM.
TwistedFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:35 PM   #36
TooMuchCowbell

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Thanks for all the help guys. I'm working more on the guide as we speak. I had reaped the benefits of the site long enough and I thought it was about time that I gave back. I know some of the wording of the achievements is off, because I had the list that was originally released, but they changed it before the game was released, but I am fixing it.

On a completely different note, Let There Be Rock by AC/DC's ending solo almost broke my strum bar and my arm. Watch out for that one.

TooMuchCowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 11:10 PM   #37
Inhale3xhale

Send a message via AIM to Inhale3xhale Send a message via MSN to Inhale3xhale Send a message via Yahoo to Inhale3xhale

Inhale3xhale's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Evil View Post
To the above poster, I got it with the gh3 wireless guitar on Silver. ^^

Anyway - does anyone have any tips for a good song to do The Bachman-Turner Award achievement in? I thought Are You Gonna Be My Girl by Jet from Rock Band 1 would be a good choice in a band of 2 or more, but I have yet to try it.

Also - I have an xbox live enabled backup profile. Could I sign on to that profile with my main profile in local splitscreen and then get Comeback Kid?
Dani California on Expert Guitar and Bass is a great way to do it, I went from the first chorus to the beginning of the solo with my brother and I alternating overdrive. As far as the splitscreen, I've read that it doesn't work, I just let someone beat me, then gave them positive feedback, and I got a match with them and beat them right after.

Thanks to TwistedFate for the banner!
Stupid Dex on GH:WT
"ew. how can you play that game? i think it gave me aids. or cancer. which ones worse? it gave me the worse one."
Inhale3xhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 11:35 PM   #38
aPerfektFIaw
Red Room Member

Send a message via AIM to aPerfektFIaw Send a message via MSN to aPerfektFIaw Send a message via Yahoo to aPerfektFIaw Send a message via Skype™ to aPerfektFIaw

aperfektfiaw's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Comeback kid is for Xbox live only. Its actually in the achievements description to do it on live.

I got mine on my first time on live. I went to player match - drums - and the guy picked medium. So i picked medium and I let him beat me (so maybe he'll stick around and play another match... luckily he did) and then in our second match i went to expert (lol) and beat him for the achievement.

aPerfektFIaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 12:09 AM   #39
TooMuchCowbell

Just the challenge achievements and drum trainer achievements left. Not including the secret ones yet. I should be done soon, sit tight.

Old 09-16-2008, 12:30 AM   #40
IGC ELIMINATER17

Extr3m3 G4m3r's Gamercard
hey man, i have to say for this being your very first guide its pretty impressive. Keep up the good work

(20) 200s-Pacman~Ms. Pacman~Digdug~N+~Galaga~Frogger~Portal: Still Alive~Uno~Dash of Destruction~Big Bumpin~Spyglass Board Games~Banjo Kazooie~Pocketbike Racer~Cloning Clyde~Marble Blast Ultra(250)~Puzzle Arcade~Rocky and Bullwinkle~Sneak King~5th grader~Frogger 2

IGC ELIMINATER17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 12:40 AM   #41
Dla911

Dla911's Gamercard
Can we get this Sticked, Great Guide, we will all Help to get it up to top Shape

Thanks OldWIKI TIK For the Sigs
Dla911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 12:44 AM   #42
amhala4

amhala4's Gamercard
secret acheivement# 1 is beat the endless setlist without pausing the game all the through

secret acheivement #2 beat the rolling stones 8 song set list in the tour

this are rumored i heard about so dont get mad at me if there wrong
amhala4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 12:53 AM   #43
xCOBRAx

Send a message via AIM to xCOBRAx

CougarSlayer530's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
hey buddy nice start, just thought since ive gotten a few achievements that i would add in some tips that you can include if you feel like it.

Quote:
Comeback Kid - Defeat the last player that defeated you over Xbox LIVE in either Score Duel or Tug of War. 15G
for this one what i would reccomend trying to do is playing easy bass while private chatting with a friend. Play as late at night or as early in the morning as you possibly can and most likely you will end up with you friend 2 times in a row, hardly anyone plays easy bass.

Quote:
Clothes to the Edge - Buy over $100,000 worth of clothes. 20G
game description reads this achievement as "buy over $100,000 worth of items from the rock shop", i would think guitars and the like count as items

anyway got a lot more that i can add, i just dont wanna type it all up if you have something down already
xCOBRAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 01:10 AM   #44
o0 TommyGuns 0o

o0 TommyGuns 0o's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
PDA is a good song to get the million point club achievement i got it playing expert guitar, expert bass, expert drums and medium vocals. i think i got around 1.2 million points
Old 09-16-2008, 01:12 AM   #45
Iv VeNoM vI
Banned User

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Jo View Post
im pretty sure the overdrive one can be done in band mode, its impossible otherwise
One of my friends got this in band play but i wasent watching his SP but nobody else got it
Iv VeNoM vI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 01:40 AM   #46
thenixhex311

Send a message via AIM to thenixhex311 Send a message via Yahoo to thenixhex311

thenixhex311's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Million points for a song is SUPER easy on WHATCHA WANT. We did :

Vocals, Bass and Guitar : Expert
Drums : Medium

we all got like 100-98 % and with a couple 8x's here and there had like 1,120,000 mil or so. Super easy
It's NOT hard people, add your friggin' gamertag to your profile so someone looking to boost with you can EASILY send you a message just by one click. Not by having to C/P your gamertag. I can't be the only one peeved by this stuff!!

boosting:
Mortal Kombat, Brain Challenge, Big Bumpin, Texas Hold 'em, GH:Van Halen, GH: Smash Hits, NHL 12, DJ Hero 1 & 2, Bulletstorm, Gears 3, and more!
thenixhex311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 02:30 AM   #47
TooMuchCowbell

Updated the guide with challenge achievements. Still need to write down tips for each of the songs in the Impossible Challenge. Other than that, just Drum Trainer achievements (can write up at lunch tomorrow) and secret achievements left, which I will add tomorrow.

Last edited by TooMuchCowbell; 09-16-2008 at 02:47 AM.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:47 AM   #48
KING COREY 23

Send a message via AIM to KING COREY 23 Send a message via MSN to KING COREY 23

Greytness's Gamercard
thanks for posting
Old 09-16-2008, 07:40 AM   #49
leonard05boi

leonard05boi's Gamercard
well ive already gone tru some of the achievements, and thank you for the guide... as far as the 100% on drums i got it done on 9in the afternoon by panic at the disco. 100% on mic i got it on whatcha want by beastie boys (you barely even have to sing just make sure to go with the beat/rhythm and you should be fine) guitar 100% shouldnt be hard just pick an easy one and dont get nervous lol ... havent done bass (hate upstrum) and always forget to go to solo buttons for the solo. As far as the fills and beats ach. for the drums go, the ach. seem to not be stackable ( meaning if you do the harder ones you don't get the easier ones)... I did the 20G fills and didnt get the 10G one. I would recommend for the fills since they are a bit annoying since you have to wait for the first beats to then "rock out" , do them in the two fast versions meaning 180BPM and 140 BPM (only need to play drums at medium level to be able to do fills at fast pace) as far as the "beats" go you should just do the slow versions 60BPM and 100BPM unless you are good at drums ... ( i consider myself pretty good at drums and couldnt do the 50% required) Well hope my little hope made sense and hope it helped.. even if its a little bit
leonard05boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 10:35 AM   #50
xxGU1TARGODxx

I played around with the Band Savior achievement and found a surefire to get it.
Plug in your guitar, drums and microphone. You need to play the guitar part but the drums and mic don't get played.

Go into Quickplay Band mode and select "Hello There". Choose the Easy difficulty for all three instruments. Then simply play the guitar part and save each player after they fail. You'll save the vocalist twice and the drummer once. The song will end and the achievement will unlock. You can't lose.
xxGU1TARGODxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 11:28 AM   #51
edd__
Banned User

zigs00's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts
It's implied in the guide and the achievement description, but i think it'd be good to make it explicit that you can do Victory! and Comeback Kid in a player or ranked match.

also, with the X City Performer achievement, if it was also more explicit. I know it might seem obvious to a lot of people, especially considering the images supplied, but i think it'd be worth saying which cities apply for which achievement.

Last edited by edd__; 09-16-2008 at 11:30 AM.
edd__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 12:22 PM   #52
Feel My Rage

Scourge of Eden's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonard05boi View Post
As far as the fills and beats ach. for the drums go, the ach. seem to not be stackable ( meaning if you do the harder ones you don't get the easier ones)... I did the 20G fills and didnt get the 10G one. I would recommend for the fills since they are a bit annoying since you have to wait for the first beats to then "rock out" , do them in the two fast versions meaning 180BPM and 140 BPM (only need to play drums at medium level to be able to do fills at fast pace) as far as the "beats" go you should just do the slow versions 60BPM and 100BPM unless you are good at drums ... ( i consider myself pretty good at drums and couldnt do the 50% required) Well hope my little hope made sense and hope it helped.. even if its a little bit
LIES AND SLANDER!!!

Sorry, I just like saying those two words

Anywho, you're wrong, I got both the Fill achieves by doing the 100 all/180 half BPM achievement.Havn't done the beat one though, as I SUCK at drums so I'm gonna have to do them all at 100 BPM, not to mention my drums recently screwed up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party
You sir, have been owned. Locking this down to prevent more people from completely tearing your argument apart
As the great General Khazard once said....
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Khazard View Post
quichobitchin'
Feel My Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 01:03 PM   #53
TooMuchCowbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by edd__ View Post
It's implied in the guide and the achievement description, but i think it'd be good to make it explicit that you can do Victory! and Comeback Kid in a player or ranked match.

also, with the X City Performer achievement, if it was also more explicit. I know it might seem obvious to a lot of people, especially considering the images supplied, but i think it'd be worth saying which cities apply for which achievement.
Will do. I'm updating the guide right now. My first two post are exactly 10,000 characters lol.
I'm sick as a dog today, which is a good and bad thing. I have more time to work on the guide, but less time to play RB2.

Old 09-16-2008, 02:37 PM   #54
leonard05boi

leonard05boi's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel My Rage View Post
LIES AND SLANDER!!!

Sorry, I just like saying those two words

Anywho, you're wrong, I got both the Fill achieves by doing the 100 all/180 half BPM achievement.Havn't done the beat one though, as I SUCK at drums so I'm gonna have to do them all at 100 BPM, not to mention my drums recently screwed up
Oh sucks then because I did the 20G for the fills and didnt get the 10G .... must have glitched oh well lol
leonard05boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:19 PM   #55
tiffman

UnseeingGuide's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Band saviour:
Plug in drums, the guitar and vocals at the same time on one box. Load up quickplay on Blitzkrieg Bop. Play hard guitar and leave your drums and microphone to sit there, both on easy. You will be able to save your band mates twice each if you can get all the phases and you wont fail out. You dont need other this way.
Couple of quick notes on this (it works, by the way): You have to actually pass the song. I did this and failed out after the notes were done but before the song was officially over, and didn't get the achievement. Also, I think you have to save people on 3 different occasions, not necessarily 3 different people (i.e., you can't save both the vocalist and drummer at the same time twice, because that only counts as being a savior twice). I'm not 100% sure on that because I don't remember if I passed the song the time I did this, but maybe someone else can check that out.
tiffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:25 PM   #56
aPerfektFIaw
Red Room Member

Send a message via AIM to aPerfektFIaw Send a message via MSN to aPerfektFIaw Send a message via Yahoo to aPerfektFIaw Send a message via Skype™ to aPerfektFIaw

aperfektfiaw's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by edd__ View Post
Yeah thats what i was talking about before. Its better for Player matches though bc the other person doesn't have to leave. Like I said I got it my first time. Just let the other guy/girl win first then try to beat them the second time.

aPerfektFIaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 07:21 PM   #57
xxGU1TARGODxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffman View Post
Couple of quick notes on this (it works, by the way): You have to actually pass the song. I did this and failed out after the notes were done but before the song was officially over, and didn't get the achievement. Also, I think you have to save people on 3 different occasions, not necessarily 3 different people (i.e., you can't save both the vocalist and drummer at the same time twice, because that only counts as being a savior twice). I'm not 100% sure on that because I don't remember if I passed the song the time I did this, but maybe someone else can check that out.
I can confirm that you can save two people, one twice and the other once and get the achievement.

Also, from my post above, Hello There is the best song to do this with. If you do it on easy you can't fail out as long as you hit all the notes which is very easy to do.
xxGU1TARGODxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 10:12 PM   #58
Some Puppy

IPatty J's Gamercard
Flawless Fretwork - 100% a song on Expert guitar. 25G
Flawless Drumming - 100% a song on Expert drums. 25G
Solid Gold, Baby! - Gold star any song. 25G

For these achievements, it is easiest to go into the Xbox Live marketplace, and download the song Charlene (I'm Right Behind You) by Stephen and the Colberts

It is probably the shortest song in the game, and definitely the easiest expert song. Please put this following the achievements i posted above in your guide.
Some Puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 10:27 PM   #59
TooMuchCowbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Puppy View Post
Flawless Fretwork - 100% a song on Expert guitar. 25G
Flawless Drumming - 100% a song on Expert drums. 25G
Solid Gold, Baby! - Gold star any song. 25G

For these achievements, it is easiest to go into the Xbox Live marketplace, and download the song Charlene (I'm Right Behind You) by Stephen and the Colberts

It is probably the shortest song in the game, and definitely the easiest expert song. Please put this following the achievements i posted above in your guide.
I already posted that song in the Flawless Fretwork achievement. Flawless Groove and Solid Gold, Baby! are way easier on the Beastie Boys song.

Old 09-16-2008, 10:37 PM   #60
JLogan27

JLogan27's Gamercard
I guess I'm stupid but I cannot find the drummer beat thingys. I thought I was doing it last night....I have no clue. Please enlighten me and free me from my stupidity.