PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > Rock Band 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-18-2008, 01:54 AM   #91
o0 TommyGuns 0o

o0 TommyGuns 0o's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchCowbell View Post
Like I said before, I used the achievement list that was on the site before the game's release. There were some very minor changes to descriptions and the achievement "Bragging Rights" became "Victory" for beating someone at a Tug of War or Score Duel Match. The Buy a Real Instrument Already achievement became a secret one. I didn't think it mattered that much, but I'll re-arrange it.

As for doing the Impossible Challenges with someone who has already done them. I had heard rumours, but nothing concrete. Will add to guide.
im 100% positive i just got my impossible drums achievement that way with pmpboarder u can ask him for verification
Old 09-18-2008, 02:10 AM   #92
TooMuchCowbell

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I saw in another thread that to get "Buy a Real Instrument Already" you just have to do a challenge in the last tier on expert, it doesn't have to be THE bass challenge or guitar challenge etc. Can anyone confirm?

TooMuchCowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 02:29 AM   #93
xCOBRAx

Send a message via AIM to xCOBRAx

CougarSlayer530's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
I saw in another thread that to get "Buy a Real Instrument Already" you just have to do a challenge in the last tier on expert, it doesn't have to be THE bass challenge or guitar challenge etc. Can anyone confirm?

for the buy a real instrument achievement all you have to do is complete an impossible challenge with all members on expert, thats how the descripition reads which i would assume is very self explanatory however i can break it down further if you like.

"In order to gain this achievement you must first work on an instrument challenge series (drums, vocals, bass, guitar, band). As you progress through your chosen series you will eventually make it to the last of 7 challenges, called the impossible challenge. Each impossible challenge must be unlocked by playing the respective instrument through all 7 tiers. Once you get to the impossible challenge just play it on expert and pass and the achievement will unlock.

It is important to note that all of the preceding challenges do not have to be completed on expert in order to get to the impossible challenge tier. You can complete them on any difficulty you wish, it is just essential that your impossible challenge be completed on expert in order for this achievement to unlock"

good enough description for you? (oh yeah thats copywrited! jk)

Also just a note, i dont know if somoneone has covered this already but for the comeback kid achievement, the absolute easiest way to do this is by doing it on easy bass at the most obscure time that works for you and a friend. I did this achievement last night with dex at about 2:30 or 3am and we were able to play 3 matches in a row together which got us both the achievement
xCOBRAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 03:43 AM   #94
neok182

neok182's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
congrats on the sticky. now if only someone will sticky the FAQ.

back to world tour now lol.

NO RANDOM XBL FRIEND REQUESTS PLEASE
neok182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 04:37 AM   #95
Deadly14u

o0 Mr Brooks 0o's Gamercard
Ok can you you tell me when I'm doing wrong with the Along for the Ride achievement. I was signed into the guitar and turned on another controller for vocals and did the Fender Apprentice or whatever with guitar and vocals, guitar on hard and vocals on easy (I suck at multitasking :P), didn't fail any songs, finished the 3 song set, and it didn't give me the achievement! Is it glitched or something?
Old 09-18-2008, 05:24 AM   #96
o0 TommyGuns 0o

o0 TommyGuns 0o's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly14u View Post
Ok can you you tell me when I'm doing wrong with the Along for the Ride achievement. I was signed into the guitar and turned on another controller for vocals and did the Fender Apprentice or whatever with guitar and vocals, guitar on hard and vocals on easy (I suck at multitasking :P), didn't fail any songs, finished the 3 song set, and it didn't give me the achievement! Is it glitched or something?
since yur account was on the guitar what u would have needed to do was go to the vocal apprentice challenge then u will get the achievement i hope that helps
Old 09-18-2008, 06:52 PM   #97
TooMuchCowbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by neok182 View Post
congrats on the sticky. now if only someone will sticky the FAQ.

back to world tour now lol.
Thanks lol I didn't even notice it. I'm just going to write tips on the hardest songs. I've played all of the hardest bass songs except Panic Attack and they are stupid easy. Other than that, the guide's done but I can still add some more here and there.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:16 PM   #98
Inhale3xhale

Send a message via AIM to Inhale3xhale Send a message via MSN to Inhale3xhale Send a message via Yahoo to Inhale3xhale

Inhale3xhale's Gamercard
Flawless Drumming - 100% a song on Expert drums. 25G
Again, if you've done it on Rock Band 1, use that same song. You can use Silver by the Pixies which is by far the easiest song. Also, Charlene is easy too, it is only 90 seconds long. Those are both DLC, but as for you non-DLC folk, I'm currently looking for a song that's easy to get 100%, if you've gotten it on another one, post below. Another tip, once you get overdrive, don't use it. Just take a break during the fills, it will give you less notes.

As far as this one goes, what about Livin' On A Prayer, Today, and if you exported songs, there's always I Think I'm Paranoid.

Thanks to TwistedFate for the banner!
Stupid Dex on GH:WT
"ew. how can you play that game? i think it gave me aids. or cancer. which ones worse? it gave me the worse one."
Inhale3xhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 12:01 AM   #99
Dla911

Dla911's Gamercard
Eye Of The Tiger Was easy on the drums to get the 100%, (maybe its just me)

Thanks OldWIKI TIK For the Sigs
Dla911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 01:26 AM   #100
TooMuchCowbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dla911 View Post
Eye Of The Tiger Was easy on the drums to get the 100%, (maybe its just me)
I haven't played drums as much as guitar/bass, so I'll check it out.

Old 09-19-2008, 03:26 AM   #101
IIMF DoomII

Hesh Saint's Gamercard
All of these achievements are very simple. I have all except for the endless setlist achievements, which after doing the endless setlist in RB1 there is no way in hell im putting myself through that kind of torture again
Old 09-19-2008, 05:20 PM   #102
ILoveAztecChick

ILoveAztecChick's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xCOBRAx View Post
Also just a note, i dont know if somoneone has covered this already but for the comeback kid achievement, the absolute easiest way to do this is by doing it on easy bass at the most obscure time that works for you and a friend. I did this achievement last night with dex at about 2:30 or 3am and we were able to play 3 matches in a row together which got us both the achievement
Actually, you can just invite a friend and replay the match 3 times. It doesn't have to be ranked. I got it this way last night.
ILoveAztecChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 08:18 PM   #103
MinPinz

go tribe 23186's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Awesome job, thanks so much for doing this.
Just wanted to point out that playing in Dublin gets you "Western Europe Performer," and NOT "God Save the Band." Which makes sense, since Dublin isn't in the UK. Only London can give the God Save one...

MinPinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 01:44 AM   #104
Xx MaxEcko xX

Xx MaxEcko xX's Gamercard
so with the 100% a solo on rock band fender guitar solo fret buttons achievement, can you use DLC from rock band 1 that got transferred?
Xx MaxEcko xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 02:10 AM   #105
TwistedFate

Bobo daMunkee's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx MaxEcko xX View Post
so with the 100% a solo on rock band fender guitar solo fret buttons achievement, can you use DLC from rock band 1 that got transferred?
You can use any song that has a solo in it.

TwistedFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 03:01 AM   #106
BAMF Sangwich

FreedMania's Gamercard
impossible...

looking for some that already has the impossible vocal or drum challenge unlocked to play with so i can get that. i have the bass and guitar unlocked that i can get you. gt - BAMF Sangwich
BAMF Sangwich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 03:11 AM   #107
BootlegWarrior6

BootlegWarrior6's Gamercard
The Bachman-Turner Award - Maintain deployed Overdrive for 90 seconds. 25G

are there any other songs for this achievement that are on rock band two that are easy to get it on? i haven't imported the songs, so i would like to do this achievement on something on the Rock Band 2 disc, or even possible DLC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootlegWarrior6
The world is my toilet. And I missed.
BootlegWarrior6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 05:38 AM   #108
Bobo

l3obo's Gamercard
i was thinking today about the Bladder of Steel ach. and if people kept their eyes (and ears) out for songs that had big silences for specific instruments... (example: the keyboard solo in won't get fooled again from RB1 gives everyone a pretty big break... i know there are a few songs that have long periods without vocals, etc.) and then we could basically chart how long each musician would have to wait until whatever song came up for them that might allow a quick pee break, or at least a chance to piss into a milk jug like the truckers do on the road ( sorry ladies, invest in a funnel)

this raises another question that i am not sure about... do the endless setlists always play in the same order? i assumed they do but i suppose they could just stack the difficulty and arrange the songs within each difficulty randomly... either way i think it would help a lot of people out if they knew they had a break coming up in 5 or 10 songs

i would take this upon myself but i don't get to play as often as i'd like and i'm sure many people can think of a song off the top of their head that has a long space in it for an instrument they played

"Ok brain...I don't like you and you don't like me... but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer." - Homer S.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 06:07 AM   #109
TwistedFate

@bobo, yes the Endless Setlist is always the same order. It's in increasing Band difficulty.

Vocals is the best way to attempt Bladder alone. A lot of songs have space at the end of the song and the beginning of the song where no vocals are happening. Do it on Easy and you buy yourself a couple extra seconds since you can miss a phrase or two and get it back easily.

Old 09-20-2008, 06:23 AM   #110
Bobo

l3obo's Gamercard
thank you, fellow Bobo... hehe... ya thats a good idea if i decide to just try it on my own... which is probably the best way because i can imagine doing it online with some friends and one of us having internet issues or just saying, "Screw this i don't even know this guy... and i've had to poop for 2 hours... i'm leaving"

"Ok brain...I don't like you and you don't like me... but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer." - Homer S.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 06:29 AM   #111
TwistedFate

Wow, I did a horrible job explaining that. I meant to imply that the time between when vocals end on one song and begin on the next is often longer than the other instruments, so you can use that to get a decent break if you need to.

Old 09-20-2008, 09:08 AM   #112
Dla911

Dla911's Gamercard
Quote:

Road Dog - Played in every venue in the world. 30G
You first have to unlock each venue, then just play at least one set in every venue. Each city has venues where you can play and at those venues you have a setlist of songs to play. One you get access to each venue, just go to each city and scroll over each venue. Make sure each venue has some stars at the bottom right of the screen, meaning you have played a song there.

anyone able to confirm that its only 1 song in every venue (i have played in everyone and no luck in unlocking it) (24 venues i count am i off by one or something?)

Thanks OldWIKI TIK For the Sigs
Dla911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 01:19 PM   #113
TwistedFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dla911 View Post
anyone able to confirm that its only 1 song in every venue (i have played in everyone and no luck in unlocking it) (24 venues i count am i off by one or something?)
Off by a mile, you are thinking cities. There are 24 cities. Most cities have 3 venues, with a total of 58 venues.

Last edited by TwistedFate; 09-20-2008 at 01:34 PM.
Old 09-20-2008, 03:00 PM   #114
HotShotCMS

HotShotCMS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Here's an achievement video I made for Flawless Groove if you want to put it on your guide.

HotShotCMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 03:23 PM   #115
sharonoagain

Bouger daMunkee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotShotCMS View Post
Here's an achievement video I made for Flawless Groove if you want to put it on your guide.
I'm dyin'!!

Thanks for the awesome banner, T! <3

My RockBand DLC
RIP 360 #1 - 10/07 - 8/08
360 #2 - 8/21 - ?
Proud member of the Elitist A**holes Union since 2008 and the United Spirit Crushers since 2009!
sharonoagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 05:00 PM   #116
fuzzy510

fuzzyjw510's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold
The time that you have listed for the Endless Setlist is way off. Without breaks, completing the Endless Setlist will take 6.5-7 hours, not 10.
Arcade (11)
Most Recent: Wordament (iOS) (50)
fuzzy510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 05:54 PM   #117
Tenacious

Bassnectarr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I heard on a different thread on the forum that someone else can get Challenge Savant without actually doing it, by playing in a band with someone who has the achievement and playing 1 challenge with them. Can anyone confirm this?

Boost with me: Forza 4, GTA 5, GTA 4

Guitar Hero III 1000/1000G 3rd September 2013
Tenacious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 06:48 PM   #118
bradfordjohnson

killerbeej's Gamercard
For the Flawless Vocals/Singing...I just held the mic up to the TV speakers. You have to pay attention for the two percussion parts as well as make your own noise for the Overdrive. But it works flawlessly. I'm wondering if they have some sort of noise cancellation software built in to the game/mic.
bradfordjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 08:13 PM   #119
BootlegWarrior6

BootlegWarrior6's Gamercard
Flawless help:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfordjohnson View Post
For the Flawless Vocals/Singing...I just held the mic up to the TV speakers. You have to pay attention for the two percussion parts as well as make your own noise for the Overdrive. But it works flawlessly. I'm wondering if they have some sort of noise cancellation software built in to the game/mic.
What i did for flawless singing was find the heaviest song on my mp3 player (which i didnt have much *classic rock fan*) such as Dragonforce's through the fire and flames and turned it all the way up. i turned my sensitivity up and put the headphones to the mic. i played "so whattcha want" (or whatever its called) and i got 100%. how ever there are some tapping sections you have to do, but i got flawless on my first try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootlegWarrior6
The world is my toilet. And I missed.
BootlegWarrior6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 08:18 PM   #120
TwistedFate

What I did was I picked up the microphone and sang the song.

Seriously, I bought the game to play. Not to piss and moan and go out of my way to find ways to NOT PLAY it.

Last edited by TwistedFate; 09-21-2008 at 12:08 AM.