PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > Rock Band 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-20-2008, 11:57 PM   #121
o0 TommyGuns 0o

o0 TommyGuns 0o's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Evil View Post
I heard on a different thread on the forum that someone else can get Challenge Savant without actually doing it, by playing in a band with someone who has the achievement and playing 1 challenge with them. Can anyone confirm this?
I have tried it after reading the same thing it does not work u have to play 25 expert challenges to get it
Old 09-21-2008, 12:17 AM   #122
mietha CAG

mietha CAG's Gamercard
I can't believe no one has posted this, but if they did, I missed it. The "Buy a Real Instrument Already" achievement is obscenely easy. It is for ANY impossible level challenge, not just one of the 5 instrument/band ones. Buy the earache thrash pack (if you haven't already), do expect vocals solo, put the mic in front of the speaker, come back in ~15 minutes=ta da, achievement unlocked. For those of us that suck, and can't play afterlife on expert (got through the first two, that one killed me), it is an alternate way to get it.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:38 AM   #123
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Emerald   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
If you want me to list what beats and fills at 180 BPM I did for the Drum Trainer achievements, send me a message on xbox live and I will post them for you.
They are the easiest ones I found to do, and it may help others that are going through it so they know which ones to do...
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 02:44 AM   #124
Empy

Comeback Kid

for the comeback kid, just do a player match since you basically play that player over and over until you're sick of each other. He beat me the first time, then I beat him the next...You pretty much just take turns choosing a song, but with the same player (so you're guaranteed to play the last guy who beat you).

sorry if this has already been posted.

also, for the 90 second overdrive, The Bachman-Turner Award, do Dani California from RB1. (someone posted this and so I tried and it was a piece of cake) I beat it with me on guitar and a friend on bass. Play on medium to ensure you get all the energy phrases and it's a easy 90+ seconds.

Flawless drumming - "I Think I'm Paranoid" by Garbage from RB1.

Flawless Singing - "Visions" by Abnormality is also all talky parts and extremely simple to 100%

Clothes to the Edge - you get ~$48,000 from the endless setlist 2. I had about $55,000 that I made unlocking endless setlist...So, you can get this achievement just by playing through, unlocking endless, and beating it (expert...not sure if cash is affected by difficulty).

The Bladder of Steel Award - Make sure you play "Visions" by Abnormality beforehand... this one popped up out of nowhere for me and almost failed me.
Started at 11:30am
finished at 5:38pm ...that's...what, ~6 hours? have a few granola bars ready as an easy "munchie"...and if you're on expert, maybe some paper towels for sweaty hands towards the end. (I remembered to #1 beforehand, but totally forgot about #2...so don't forget that one!)...sigh, it's certainly an all day endeavor.
Empy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 09:44 AM   #125
Dla911

Dla911's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy510 View Post
The time that you have listed for the Endless Setlist is way off. Without breaks, completing the Endless Setlist will take 6.5-7 hours, not 10.
all depends on diff you use

Thanks OldWIKI TIK For the Sigs
Dla911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:17 PM   #126
TwistedFate

Bobo daMunkee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dla911 View Post
all depends on diff you use
Time changes only if you fail. A 4 minute song on Easy doesn't get any longer when you jump to Expert.

Last edited by TwistedFate; 09-21-2008 at 01:22 PM.
TwistedFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 06:50 PM   #127
Oogie Boogie

DeathCon KTFO's Gamercard
For the achievement "Million Point Club" you can play the song PDA by Interpol, that's how i got it...
Oogie Boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 10:52 PM   #128
Inhale3xhale

Send a message via AIM to Inhale3xhale Send a message via MSN to Inhale3xhale Send a message via Yahoo to Inhale3xhale

Inhale3xhale's Gamercard
Has anyone confirmed that buying instruments will count towards the "Clothes To The Max" achieve? I've bought every drum kit, and almost all of the "real" guitars, and I'm still buying crap and nothing has popped up yet. Maybe I haven't spent enough yet, I'm just concerned.

Thanks to TwistedFate for the banner!
Stupid Dex on GH:WT
"ew. how can you play that game? i think it gave me aids. or cancer. which ones worse? it gave me the worse one."
Inhale3xhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:54 PM   #129
thejokell

thejokell's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhale3xhale View Post
Has anyone confirmed that buying instruments will count towards the "Clothes To The Max" achieve? I've bought every drum kit, and almost all of the "real" guitars, and I'm still buying crap and nothing has popped up yet. Maybe I haven't spent enough yet, I'm just concerned.
Yes, it counts towards the achievement. Ignore the original post about it - someone just thought the description meant more than it does.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:55 PM   #130
thejokell

thejokell's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empy View Post
for the comeback kid, just do a player match since you basically play that player over and over until you're sick of each other. He beat me the first time, then I beat him the next...You pretty much just take turns choosing a song, but with the same player (so you're guaranteed to play the last guy who beat you).

sorry if this has already been posted.
Thanks for that! Did it like this tonight and got the achievement.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:56 AM   #131
simdude007

Silvannos's Gamercard
For the achievement Comeback Kid, it doesn't have to be a ranked match. You can just play a player match with your friend and take turns winning. 1 beats 2, then 2 beats 1 (achievement for 2), then 1 beats 2 again. (achievement for 1)

Sorry, was in a hurry and didn't notice someone else saying it.

Last edited by simdude007; 09-22-2008 at 01:00 AM. Reason: mistake
simdude007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 01:03 AM   #132
TooMuchCowbell

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhale3xhale View Post
Originally, the description was just clothes. It is now anything from the Rock Shop.

TooMuchCowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:40 AM   #133
Jeff

Is the clothes horse achievement restricted to just 1 created character or does it include all characters created for that gamer profile which is a total of 24.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:54 PM   #134
subsonickharma

Capt Unpossible's Gamercard
Trying to get to 1million fans and I wanted to know what the rappy songs where other then the 2 beastie boys songs...if there are any, I thought the faith no more song was but i don't remember.
subsonickharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:29 PM   #135
Barfo

Barfo51's Gamercard
For Along for the Ride, one easy way to get this if you are solo, is to unlock and play the 'Talky Challenge' (unlocks after you beat the penultimate vocals challenge), using your TV speaker for vocals (on second profile), and the instrument of your choice (on profle that you want to get the achievement) accompanying.

Visions is the easiest song for Hello Cleveland, its 100% talkies and there are five activations easily. One good trick if you are like me and using the tv speakers to do the talkies, is that you can activate SP by banging the microphone firmly into the side of something hard, so that you can leave the mic down by the speakers the whole time. Its pretty easy to get flawless vocals (and gold star if you dont have it) at the same time too.

I second the advice for using player match over XBL for the Comeback Kid. I made a match invited a buddy and we played Charlene three times. Three minute achievement when done that way.

Quote:
Trying to get to 1million fans and I wanted to know what the rappy songs where other then the 2 beastie boys songs...if there are any, I thought the faith no more song was but i don't remember.
The main four in RB2 are Whatcha Want (Beasties), Give it Away by RHCP (this has one non-talky phrase in it so you can't get 100% on it but you can gold star), Testify (RATM), and Visions (Abnormality). From RB1: Sabotage (Beaties) also is 100% talkies, and the Faith No More song (Epic) is mostly talkies but about 25% of it is not and those singing parts are clustered towards the end of the song and could potentially cause problems on expert diff (youd have ot attempt to sing them i bet).
Barfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:41 PM   #136
subsonickharma

Capt Unpossible's Gamercard
Quote:
The main four in RB2 are Whatcha Want (Beasties), Give it Away by RHCP (this has one non-talky phrase in it so you can't get 100% on it but you can gold star), Testify (RATM), and Visions (Abnormality). From RB1: Sabotage (Beaties) also is 100% talkies, and the Faith No More song (Epic) is mostly talkies but about 25% of it is not and those singing parts are clustered towards the end of the song and could potentially cause problems on expert diff (youd have ot attempt to sing them i bet).
You're the man. I can sing the Faith No More song's (Epic) and their download track We Care a Lot which is also mostly talky...with just the refrain being singing but i find it easy to 4.5 star easily on expert....I've had 20 years of experience on those two songs(FNM is my favorite band)

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by subsonickharma; 09-22-2008 at 06:44 PM.
subsonickharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:46 PM   #137
Empy

For the "Spend $100,000 in the store" it can be done with instruments (i bought the goat head guitar and bass...). It must be on the SAME character (NOTE: not account, but character) though (even if you have multiple characters on your account, you'll only get it when you top $100,000 on a single char).

For example: I had like $45k spent on one char (Char A), didn't get the achievement when I bought the goat guitar on another char (char B) (45k+66k > 100K). When I bought the goat bass with char B (66k + 66k > 100k), I got the achievement.

Last edited by Empy; 09-22-2008 at 06:49 PM.
Empy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 07:09 PM   #138
Colossus033

Colossus 033's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
hey man sweet guide, good job.
peace
30,000 12/19/2008

100% Retail:
Red Dead Redemption, BF:BC2, Halo3 , CoD 2, CoD 4, CoD: WaW, Oblivion, R6:Vegas 2, Assassins Creed II, The Saboteur, Call of Juarez, Civ: Revolution, Just Cause, Civil War, Gun, King Kong, Fifa 06:RTWC, EA:FN3, MLB 2K6, NBA 2K6, NBA Live07, Madden 06 09, Night at Museum, Cars, Two Worlds, KungFu Panda, Lego: Indy

100% Arcade
Uno, Dash of Destruction, Harm's Way
Colossus033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 07:24 PM   #139
Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Emerald   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club
Someone asked for the beats and fills I used to get my achievements, so here they are:
Beats:
The final beats I have 180 on:
1-33, 42, 44, 63, 65, 69, 70 (*#3, very hard for some)
Beats I got at 140 BPM: (These plus some from the top)
34, 36, 39, 43, 49, 59, 67, 73
Fills:
The final fills I have 180 on:
1-15, 17-19, 25, 26, 40, 41, 43
Fills I got to 140 BPM: (These plus number from the top)
16, 20, 21, 27, 45

The reason I posted it like this is because I found some really easy to get 140 BPM done, but extremely hard for 180, but others were hard for 140 but easy 180s. The ones that become impossible (for me) once you go from 140 to 180 are the ones with bass pedal(even though 140 isnt bad), and the ones that get easier as you go faster, are the fast pad ones...
So thats why its separate.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:53 AM   #140
theMahl3r

themahler83's Gamercard
I tried to get Along for the Ride by having my primary profile as vocals and player 2 as guitar. I sang/played through the vocal apprentice setlist and nothing unlocked. What am I doing wrong?
Halo: CE Anniversary, Portal 2, Modern Warfare 2 & 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo 3, Rock Band 2, Dead Space, Call of Duty 4, BioShock, Lego Star Wars: TCS, Lego Indiana Jones, Lego Batman, Sonic, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, Sonic & Knuckles, Doom, Vigilante 8 Arcade, Minecraft

Working On:
Gears of War 2 & 3, Halo: Reach, Halo 4
theMahl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 03:05 AM   #141
Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMahl3r View Post
I tried to get Along for the Ride by having my primary profile as vocals and player 2 as guitar. I sang/played through the vocal apprentice setlist and nothing unlocked. What am I doing wrong?
Your main account has to be playing the other instrument. If you do a vocal challenge, sign into your main profile as guitar and get the guest to sing.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:54 AM   #142
theMahl3r

themahler83's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Your main account has to be playing the other instrument. If you do a vocal challenge, sign into your main profile as guitar and get the guest to sing.
Thanks! I signed in with my primary profile (guitar) and just created a new character with the second player controller (as vocals). It asked me what profile I wanted to associate the vocals character with and I chose my main one - will that off set the achievement?
Halo: CE Anniversary, Portal 2, Modern Warfare 2 & 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo 3, Rock Band 2, Dead Space, Call of Duty 4, BioShock, Lego Star Wars: TCS, Lego Indiana Jones, Lego Batman, Sonic, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, Sonic & Knuckles, Doom, Vigilante 8 Arcade, Minecraft

Working On:
Old 09-23-2008, 04:00 AM   #143
TwistedFate

Bobo daMunkee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMahl3r View Post
Thanks! I signed in with my primary profile (guitar) and just created a new character with the second player controller (as vocals). It asked me what profile I wanted to associate the vocals character with and I chose my main one - will that off set the achievement?
I'm not real sure what you just did, so I'm going to put it in simple generic terms.

The achievement is for playing an instrument that is not required for the challenge, so you need to have your main GT playing an instrument that is not required for the challenge.

Example: If you are playing the vocal challenge, your main GT needs to play Bass, Guitar, or Drums to get the achievement. If you are playing a Guitar challenge, your main GT needs to sing, play bass or play drums.

TwistedFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 04:04 AM   #144
theMahl3r

themahler83's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedFate View Post
I'm not real sure what you just did, so I'm going to put it in simple generic terms.

The achievement is for playing an instrument that is not required for the challenge, so you need to have your main GT playing an instrument that is not required for the challenge.

Example: If you are playing the vocal challenge, your main GT needs to play Bass, Guitar, or Drums to get the achievement. If you are playing a Guitar challenge, your main GT needs to sing, play bass or play drums.
Sorry for the confusion. I had all of the thoughts in my head and didn't really know how to explain what I was doing. Thanks for the simplification. I'll give it a try.

...always making things more complicated...

EDIT - Just got the achievement. Thanks for clearing things up!

Working On:

Last edited by theMahl3r; 09-23-2008 at 04:52 AM.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:35 AM   #145
ShadowJade

Send a message via AIM to ShadowJade

ShadowJade's Gamercard
Worldwide Sensation, any tips for this. I have every venue unlocked and yet I don't have the achievement. Is there something I am missing.
ShadowJade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 02:10 AM   #146
TooMuchCowbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowJade View Post
Worldwide Sensation, any tips for this. I have every venue unlocked and yet I don't have the achievement. Is there something I am missing.
You should get it as soon as you play the show to get a World Promoter. It's like one of those shows where you play for a bus or roadies. Do you have cities like Moscow, Tijuana and Sydney to play in?

Old 09-24-2008, 02:16 AM   #147
ShadowJade

Send a message via AIM to ShadowJade

ShadowJade's Gamercard
Yeah, I already played the world promoter gig, and I have those cities unlocked. I think it may have glitched.
ShadowJade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 03:22 PM   #148
Pinmonkey001

pinmonkey001's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowJade View Post
Yeah, I already played the world promoter gig, and I have those cities unlocked. I think it may have glitched.
ShadowJade it looks like you got this on 9/18/08.
Pinmonkey001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 06:51 PM   #149
TooMuchCowbell

It probably unlocked but didn't pop up.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:13 PM   #150
sluggzo

You don't have to just unlock them -- you need to actually play a gig in every venue.

The easiest way to figure out where you haven't played a gig is to look at the star counts when you highlight a venue. If you have 0/XXX stars in that venue, play a gig there. You should get the achievement shortly after.
sluggzo is offline   Reply With Quote