Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Fallout 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-19-2008, 11:50 AM   #1
johnnyd

CasaDeBen's Gamercard
Amazon delay?

Did anyone else order through amazon and get a delay? I will apparently be getting the game on november 4th and thats with priority shipping, yet I have had it pre ordered for a long while.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:59 PM   #2
Wii187

Finagles's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
It fluctuates for some reason. First it was Nov 4, then it went to Oct 28 now it's Nov 3. Don't stress about it until it gets close to Oct 28.

Wii187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 07:18 PM   #3
getwarmer

Send a message via AIM to getwarmer

an inland sea's Gamercard
mine's coming through amazon on october 31st apparently.

getwarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 04:07 PM   #4
johnnyd

CasaDeBen's Gamercard
Mine is still sitting at november 4th.. and ive had it preordered for a couple months now.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:34 AM   #5
The Cripplers

The Cripplers's Gamercard
I've noticed Amazon.ca tends to ship their games out a few days after release even with priority shipping. I only use it for games that are already released or if I don't mind waiting since a lot of their games are cheaper these days.

--------------------------------------------
Looking to boost: Dead or Alive 4, UFC 2009, UFC 2010, Saint's Row 2, Smackdown Vs Raw 2007, Midnight Club. Send me a message and/or FR if you want to boost any of these games.
The Cripplers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:08 AM   #6
Norn Irons No1

The Mighty Ming's Gamercard
After my GTA IV was greatly delayed I've lost a lot of faith in Amazon. Right now I'm doing a little test. I have 4 games on my preorder list from 3 different sites, Amazon, Play.com and GAME.co.uk.

I've ordered Saints Row 2 from Amazon: release date 17 Oct

Fable 2 from GAME: release date 24th for UK

and Fallout 3 and Gears of War 2 from Play.com: release dates 31st Oct and 7th Nov

I'm predicting I won't get Saints Row 2 until around the 21st Oct, Amazon tends to ship orders on the day of release, not the day BEFORE release. If the game doesn't arrive on Saturday, it won't arrive on Sunday (no post) so comes on a Monday, which is pretty crap. Not overly hyped for Saints Row 2 so I'm prepared to wait.

I've heard good reception from GAME preorders, that they do ship before release day and they will arrive at your door before 1pm on day of release.

I've heard even better reception for Play.com, in some instances they will have your order at your door the day before release.

(I have also preordered Gears 2 from my local GAME store just in case, if I have 2 copies on the 7th my brother will buy one).

Amazon suck with preorders, depending on the popularity of a game you could be waiting up to a week for Fallout 3, not good if you ask me. However they did send me Spiderman 3 2 days before release, but who was hyped about that game?
Norn Irons No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:24 AM   #7
Impey

impey's Gamercard
amazon uk are prety good with preorders i got bioshock and halo3 on release off amazon uk
Impey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 07:00 PM   #8
Wanstall99
Banned User

Wanstall99's Gamercard
yeh, i preorder quite a few games with amazon uk and i get them on release day
Wanstall99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:32 PM   #9
Yid1984

The Yiddler's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Best site to use is GAME, every thing i have ordered from there has turned up day before release without fail. Might be that their warehouse is a 5 minute walk from my house so no reason for it to take too long

1 good reason to live in Basingstoke.

On a side note, Play.com lost my copy of frontlines and Amazon are usually day after release if im lucky.

Yid1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:12 PM   #10
Wollz

Wollz's Gamercard
i wil never use amazon.co.uk ever again after Spore came 5 days after release even though other people in my are got it release day. HMV have always benn right by ne but im going for Zavvi fro Fallout 3 cos its cheeper and i also get 10% off.

Wollz is offline   Reply With Quote