Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Too Human
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-21-2008, 03:21 PM   #1
Dstrukt

xI Dstrukt Ix's Gamercard
Arrow My Human Berserker Build Guide

Dstrukt’s Human Berserker Guide

With the great response I’ve received from my commando guide. Many have inquired about a similar one pertaining to the berserker. Here it is. It uses the same format as my other guide so I hope it will read just as easily. Thanks for all the great feedback so far!

Before I begin, please read this disclaimer:

The numbers you see in this thread are from my almost maxed out Berserker. That is to say, my Berserker is mostly wearing armor with ALL red runes applicable to my play style. He also currently possesses +2 across all his skills.

I will not be holding your hand through this entire process. Think of this as a foundation and mold the nuances of this build to suit your style of play.

With that out of the way here's a short summary of this build's Pros/Cons:

Pros:
-Extremely high damage against all enemies. We’re talking around 6.5-9.5k (combo level 4-5) without the battle cry and 10-14.5k with it on (combo level 4-5).

-Ludicrous Finisher damage (60-80k)
-Ridiculous speed
-High Combo Level
-Regular enemies die without breaking a sweat

Cons:
-Little or no use of your ranged weapon (not entirely a Con but I thought it should be mentioned)
-It is relatively easy to inflict status ailments on yourself from light polarity enemies due to your high kill speed at close proximity
-Trolls can be a real pain for the inexperienced Berserker

Before I begin the actual guide, it is important to note that your final weapon for this build will be dual staves because it is the only Elite dual-wield weapon available for us Human Berserkers. There is no noticeable difference apart from the aesthetic.

This berserker follows the right path for the most part. The build’s primarily focus is on damage and speed in which he inflicts it.

Onto the skills:

I will briefly illustrate the skills you should be leveling up in sets of 10 levels. Again, don’t take these numbers as finite. Modify them according to your needs/preferences.

Levels 1-10:

-6 points into ‘A Capacity for Rage’
-6 points into ‘Brutality’
-4 points into ‘Sleep-Storm of Steel’
-6 points into ‘Shield Biter’
-4 points into ‘Warrior of the Twinned-Claw’

Not much to say here at the start. You should already be one-shot killing most of your enemies with this point setup.

Levels 11-20:

-1 point into ‘Human Spiritual Ruiner’
-Max ‘A Capacity for Rage’
-Max ‘Shield Biter’
-Max ‘Warrior of the Twinned-Claw’
-2 points into ‘The Everburning Heart’
-3 points into ‘Hero’s Heart’

Now things start to get interesting. By maxing ‘A Capacity for Rage’, you now have an extra Combo Level to work with. This is very important because it allows you to deal more damage, slide faster, and attack quicker. Sliding is the heart and soul of any Berserker build. You should be ‘pinballing’ from one enemy to the next using the 2in1 slide method (see advanced combat in the menu for information about this).

Maxed ‘Shield Biter’ and ‘Warrior of the Twinned-Claw’ means your dual-wield prowess is already at its full potential. This early on, enemies should not be giving too much trouble. Even Dark Elves should be falling with relative ease. The only enemy that may be giving you trouble are the plentiful number of Trolls found in a number of sections near the beginning of Ice Forest. Remember to use that fierce attack against the mobs of light polarties. Use Shield Biter when the going gets tough for an extra boost in damage.

Be sure to place the 1 point into ‘Human Spiritual Ruiner’ at around level 11-12 to initiate the bear as your ruiner. Otherwise, you will be stuck with the starting ruiner attack which obviously sucks.

The 2 points into ‘The Everburning Heart’ for the time being is to set up for the 3 points into ‘Hero’s Heart’. Those 3 points into ‘Hero’s Heart’ means you are swinging your weapons faster which translate to enemies being dead at a quicker clip.

Levels 21-30:

-3 points into ‘Hero’s Heart’
-6 points into ‘Desire to Overcome’
-6 points into ‘Call of Ruin’
-3 points into ‘Spirit Renewal’
-1 point into ‘Spirit of Fenrir’

By this point, you should be already socketing runes into armor and weapons to boost your character’s abilities even further. You should be switching your old weapons for new ones every 4-5 levels at this point in order to maintain a satisfactory level output of damage.

Runes to prioritize in this order: Staff/Sword Damage, Dual-Wield Damage, Increased Attack Speed, Dual-Wield Attack Radius (orange and red runes only), Increased Armor, Increased Health, Staff/Sword Slide Distance.

The additional point into ‘Human Spiritual Ruiner’ will increase the radius of your ruiner attacks allowing it to hit more enemies. 3 more points into ‘Hero’s Heart’ sets you up for the rest of the Human tree while increasing your attack speed even further.

The 6 points into ‘Desire to Overcome’ allows your fierce attacks to reach further than ever before which means you should be getting the best of light polarity enemies before they can get close. The 6 points into ‘Call of Ruin’ means your bear is even mightier than before. Your ruiner should be clearing house every time you are surrounded and need some breathing room.

The 1 point into ‘Spirit of Fenrir,’ much like in the Commando guide, is for emergencies and is all you will need for the rest of the game.

Levels 31-40:

-Max ‘Quick to Anger’
-Max ‘Hero’s Heart’
-1 point into ‘The Everburning Heart’

This is when your Berserker finally realizes its full potential. With maxed ‘Quick to Anger’, you are now at a staggering max Combo Level of 5. Your damage output is unprecedented coupled alongside with a maxed ‘Hero’s Heart’ for speed.

The additional point into ‘Human Spiritual Ruiner’ will be your final point into this skill. Your ruiner radius should be more than satisfactory at 3/5 points.

Levels 41-50:

-Max ‘The Everburning Heart’
-Remaining 8 points I leave up to you to use as you please

This is it. Your enemies whisper your name in fear as you approach God status. Maxed ‘The Everburning Heart’ makes it so your use of battle cries and ruiners deplete your combo level at a much lower rate; this allows you to maintain your high level of damage and speed.

The final 8 points can be placed into any skills that you feel are worth increasing. I ended up dropping 7 points into ‘The Bear’s Boiling Blood’ to further increase my killing speed and 1 point into ‘Onslaught of Claws’ allowing +1 skill bonuses to increase it for me.

Last edited by Dstrukt; 09-23-2008 at 11:39 AM.
Dstrukt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 03:22 PM   #2
Dstrukt

xI Dstrukt Ix's Gamercard
Final Tips:

-Try to obtain the Necrotization Level 3 charm for your armor. It is an amazing little charm that increases your defensive (and offensive) capabilities. If you can get your hands on a weapon and armor charm; all the better.

-Max out: Staff/Sword Damage, Dual-Wield Damage, Increased Attack Speed, Dual-Wield Attack Radius (orange and red runes only), Increased Armor, Increased Health, Staff/Sword Slide Distance. Other runes that are worthy of socketing include: Staff/Sword Fierce Damage, Staff/Sword Fierce Range.

-As a rule of thumb, try to always have at least +60-70% to armor minimum. The more health the better as well. This is a melee character after all.

-+Skill runes also help a great deal if you can get your hands on them. I would suggest obtaining the one that increases ‘Warrior of the Twinned-Claw’ to start. Of course it goes without saying but keep an eye out for +1 to entire tree runes.

-You should be utilizing ‘The Everburning Heart’ for your battle cry and ruiner needs. Try to maintain your hit counter at a high threshold before using either one to keep your Combo Level relatively high. Additionally, before using ruiners, you should be initiating a 2in1 ruiner attack to further reduce Combo Level consumption (slide towards your enemy but before you make contact, hit the ruiner button).

-A good strategy for dealing with light polarity enemies involves knocking the enemy into the air and rolling away from the landing point. Enemies take damage when they hit the ground. More often than not the damage is enough to kill them outright.

-Remember to use your Fierce Attacks! This is not limited to just light polarities. If you bothered to socket +Fierce damage runes into your equipment, you will notice just how quickly fierce attacks take down entire mobs of enemies from a distance.

-Consider placing your extra points into Desire to Overcome, Onslaught of Claws, or The Bear’s Boiling Blood

-Take advantage of the Human ability to customize your weapons. Find an open four socket ranged weapon and place runes in it that you need for your melee abilities.

-A good strategy for building your combo meter up quickly early on in a level is to perform aerial finishers to kill enemies. You should have no problem hitting combo level 3 in a very short span of time.

-Garm is a special-case in which you need to use ballistic damage to take down his first layer of armor. Invest in a good slug rifle for this battle. Spam grenades like no tomorrow to take down his armor while avoiding his thorn attack by rolling. He will fall in no time.

There you have it. Have fun and send a message my way if you’ve built your Berserker in this way and let me know your feelings about it. Feedback is always welcome.

Thanks for reading,
Dstrukt

GT: xI Dstrukt Ix

My Berserker Stats (not optimized yet)

Hit Points: 2589/2589 (1726+50%)
Total Armor: 1881 (990+90%)

Base Melee Damage : 526 (351+50%)
Melee Weapon Damage: 3611 (1881+92%)
Final Melee Damage : 5791 (4137+40%)

Base Ranged Damage: 49
Ballistic Weapon Damage: 139
Final Ballistic Damage: 113 (188-40%)
Ballistic Range: 1094

Blunt Resistance: -10%
Slash Resistance: -10%
Pierce Resistance: -10%
Ballistic Resistance: 0%

Last edited by Dstrukt; 09-22-2008 at 09:02 PM.
Dstrukt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:20 AM   #3
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Send a message via MSN to Eternal

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1   x360a Book Club   SOTF Winner   Road Map - Silver   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
I've got a level 25 human beserker at the moment and am starting to use this guide Again, great job.
Eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:08 AM   #4
Tainted Donut

Tainted Donut's Gamercard
Great guide. I'm going to give this build a shot.
Tainted Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:38 AM   #5
Ragator

Ragator's Gamercard
once again this is a great guide i just started my human berzerker and he is already level 15 so only 35 levels to go.
Ragator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 02:02 PM   #6
Rza2002

IxI BRADY IxI's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dstrukt View Post

Melee Weapon Damage: 3611 (1881+92%)
Final Melee Damage : 5791 (4137+40%)
these are actually wrong on the stats page (in-game), if you look at your weapon they are infact higher

according to the stats i have
Melee Weapon Damage: 3799 (1881+102%)
Final Melee Damage : 6054 (4325+40%)

but the epic weapons stats are

Damage 4740 (1881+152%)
Final Damage 6636 (4740+40%) [using the same formula as above)

so in theory i actually have 10% more damage than the stats page says, and i assume your will be similar
Old 09-29-2008, 02:33 AM   #7
Powerman1469

PowerMan1469's Gamercard
l o l is all i gotta say

Powerman1469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:12 PM   #8
Cohh

Cohh's Gamercard
Great guide My Zerk is just about to hit 30 and I'm following the guide to a T.

Thanks for the work!
Cohh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:10 PM   #9
FlipSwitch

ZERO7896's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Yeah the commando one is decent to.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:48 PM   #10
Cohh

Cohh's Gamercard
37 now and trucking along

I've found myself doing the 3-4 level and HoH to get levels ... Is there a better way to do this?

Also, is there a way to do the Spider Farm with this template? Is it even viable for a Zerk or should I just wait to do that with my Commando?
Old 06-17-2009, 12:49 AM   #11
FlipSwitch

ZERO7896's Gamercard

You can do it as a zerk, there are two ways. Faster on the mando, but still doable on a zerk. I found Helheim to be a good level to farm xp on, but it can get a little pasty for squishies like the zerker.

Anyway. The 1st method of farming on a zerker is to load up on +rifle ballistic range runes. Caps at 30%, with cheap orange versions coming at 10% each and rarer elite runes ocming at 15% each. This will give you the range needed to nail the spider safely.

The second method is to target the spider, despite him being out of range, and just pump the grenade trigger. The grenades will bounce underneath him and you can damage him that way. Cheap and simple, with no need to shop whore for rifle range runes.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:45 AM   #12
Cohh

Cohh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipSwitch View Post
You can do it as a zerk, there are two ways. Faster on the mando, but still doable on a zerk. I found Helheim to be a good level to farm xp on, but it can get a little pasty for squishies like the zerker.

Anyway. The 1st method of farming on a zerker is to load up on +rifle ballistic range runes. Caps at 30%, with cheap orange versions coming at 10% each and rarer elite runes ocming at 15% each. This will give you the range needed to nail the spider safely.

The second method is to target the spider, despite him being out of range, and just pump the grenade trigger. The grenades will bounce underneath him and you can damage him that way. Cheap and simple, with no need to shop whore for rifle range runes.
Ahh perfect! Thanks a ton Flip. I think I'm going to try out the Grenade trick tonight
Old 06-17-2009, 07:03 PM   #13
FlipSwitch

ZERO7896's Gamercard

No problem.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:47 PM   #14
the bears beard

Don't know if you still monitor this thread but thanks for doing it! I bought this last week and have struggled to get through Hel with my level 24 Human Defender. I will be giving this and the Commando build a go now!
the bears beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:13 PM   #15
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher Send a message via Skype™ to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Thanks to this Human Berserker, I was able to breeze through my Human run (for the achievement) with only 15 deaths. Hell...yeah.
TVthePunisher is offline   Reply With Quote