PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > BioShock
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2010, 08:22 PM   #481
DeadEnd64
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 45

Damo045's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPetWorm View Post
Is it just Brass Balls that isn't unlocking, or Both that and the "Do it on Hard" (Can't remember what it's called ) achievement aswell? I'm not sure why being signed into Live would make a difference...
No, it's both of them. I've tried almost every method I've seen. And I know that the vita chambers were de-activated the whole run through, and that I never changed the difficulty mid game, so at the moment I'm stumped.
DeadEnd64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:58 PM   #482
MyPetWorm
 
MyPetWorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 496

Elyoh's Gamercard
Have you continued to try on the same save? For example, say you have 2 saves at the end, if you try and fail to get the achievements with one of them, that specific save may now be corrupted in terms of glitching these achievements.

May be the answer...I know some people found that that was their problem with getting it, hope you find yours!
__________________
GamerTag = Elyoh

First in the World to finish Dungeon Siege III
First in the Southern Hemisphere to finish Mass Effect 3, Age of Empires Online and Babel Rising

Writer of the Dungeon Sige III and Babel Rising guides
MyPetWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 05:46 AM   #483
DeadEnd64
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 45

Damo045's Gamercard
Tried that, I even tried resaving the games from proving grounds, but no luck.
This probably isn't affecting it, but I have the 'xbox 360 classics' version. Shouldn't make a difference though.
Maybe i'll just do a speed run again
DeadEnd64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:03 PM   #484
x LeXXuz x
 
x LeXXuz x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPetWorm View Post
1: Make sure you DLC is working properly. I.e, make sure the "Turn Vita Chambers On/Off" option is in your options, if it isn't, you will need to re-download it from another account on the same xbox. Related thread.
2: Start the game on easy, and turn the Vita chambers off. If you use one, it will ruin that playthrough for getting Brass Balls. Obviously, get to the very end of the game.
3: Save before the final boss battle. Then, beat him like normal up to the final Adam taking. When you walk up to him and get the option to "Press A", this is where the trick comes in.

-Immediatly after pressing A, press start.
-Go to the options, and head down to the difficulty.
-Press left to change it to Hard, then press start to get out of the menu, not B.
-Watch the movie, and as it starts the non-ingame movie you should get the achievements.

I just did this about 10mins ago, you can look at my account to see, so it still works.
Cheers! Worked perfectly. Just did this with the German Classics version. Thank you very much!
__________________

x LeXXuz x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 06:16 PM   #485
gamoamo
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 289

schultz02's Gamercard
I was able to unlock Seriously Good at This but not Brass Balls using the glitch. I remember when starting my game on easy that I turned off the VitaChambers. I played through the game up until you escort the little sister, then finished it up at a friends house. I used my original harddrive at my friends house, not recover gamertag. After unlocking SGaT, i noticed that it didn't unlock brass balls. I checked the options and the Vitachambers option wasn't even listed on there. I have tried deleting all of my saves previous to DLC, as well as redownloading DLC, neither has proved success. IDK if finishing it on a different console screwed it up or it I did something wrong. Any suggestions? Thanks
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Defcizion View Post
If you can't handle the achievement, don't go for it.
Go rent avatar or something
gamoamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 06:53 PM   #486
Arkalivan
 
Arkalivan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 187

Arkalivan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamoamo View Post
I was able to unlock Seriously Good at This but not Brass Balls using the glitch. I remember when starting my game on easy that I turned off the VitaChambers. I played through the game up until you escort the little sister, then finished it up at a friends house. I used my original harddrive at my friends house, not recover gamertag. After unlocking SGaT, i noticed that it didn't unlock brass balls. I checked the options and the Vitachambers option wasn't even listed on there. I have tried deleting all of my saves previous to DLC, as well as redownloading DLC, neither has proved success. IDK if finishing it on a different console screwed it up or it I did something wrong. Any suggestions? Thanks
I'm not too clear on the details but, maybe it was a patch issue. Only the most recent patch gives the option to disable chambers, so either you didn't update when you were on his console or your update got glitched and you need to clear the cache and get it again.
__________________
Arkalivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 07:02 PM   #487
gamoamo
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 289

schultz02's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkalivan View Post
I'm not too clear on the details but, maybe it was a patch issue. Only the most recent patch gives the option to disable chambers, so either you didn't update when you were on his console or your update got glitched and you need to clear the cache and get it again.
I did try that. I just forgot about it when I was typing that up. Ill try again and see. I'll also see if it gives me the option if I start a completely new game.

EDIT: Cleared my cache, then started a new game. Once I got out of the intial bathosphere I checked the options and the VitaChambers option wasn't there. I won't be on my regular xbox til Tuesday or Wednesday so I guess I'm going to hold off on trying anything else til I can try it on that box.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Defcizion View Post
If you can't handle the achievement, don't go for it.
Go rent avatar or something

Last edited by gamoamo; 12-18-2010 at 07:19 PM.
gamoamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 07:47 PM   #488
Arkalivan
 
Arkalivan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 187

Arkalivan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamoamo View Post
I did try that. I just forgot about it when I was typing that up. Ill try again and see. I'll also see if it gives me the option if I start a completely new game.

EDIT: Cleared my cache, then started a new game. Once I got out of the intial bathosphere I checked the options and the VitaChambers option wasn't there. I won't be on my regular xbox til Tuesday or Wednesday so I guess I'm going to hold off on trying anything else til I can try it on that box.
Ah, I haven't went to finish up the achievements yet so I can't really say anything beyond that. Hopefully 2K Games has a solution in their troubleshooting section or something.

EDIT: Found this thread from a little over a year ago, can't confirm if it still works but all the people who replied to the topic claims it worked perfectly.

http://tiny.cc/ujtxq
__________________

Last edited by Arkalivan; 12-18-2010 at 07:51 PM.
Arkalivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 09:17 PM   #489
gamoamo
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 289

schultz02's Gamercard
for some reason that link puts in http://www.****************.com/foru...d.php?t=113426 and doesnt fill in the stars. do you know what they are?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkalivan View Post
Ah, I haven't went to finish up the achievements yet so I can't really say anything beyond that. Hopefully 2K Games has a solution in their troubleshooting section or something.

EDIT: Found this thread from a little over a year ago, can't confirm if it still works but all the people who replied to the topic claims it worked perfectly.

http://tiny.cc/ujtxq
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Defcizion View Post
If you can't handle the achievement, don't go for it.
Go rent avatar or something
gamoamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 09:51 PM   #490
Arkalivan
 
Arkalivan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 187

Arkalivan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamoamo View Post
for some reason that link puts in http://www.****************.com/foru...d.php?t=113426 and doesnt fill in the stars. do you know what they are?
It's http://www.achieve 360 points.com/foru...d.php?t=113426, without the spaces, I must be violating some rule by mentioning another 360 achievement site here, which is stupid because it shouldn't matter where I got the info from as long as it helped someone. Either that or they've had problems with people coming here and advertising that site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Poe View Post
i just did this exactly as described and it did not work. the "Disable Vita Chambers" option is available and set to ON. I've tried pausing the literal split second after I hit A, I've tried a slight delay after hitting A, I've even tried waiting until the screen turned white before pausing and changing difficulties. Nothing works.
I'd go ahead and try the link I just found, seems all the people who replied to the solution says it works.
__________________

Last edited by Arkalivan; 12-18-2010 at 09:55 PM.
Arkalivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 05:47 PM   #491
x LeXXuz x
 
x LeXXuz x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 304
When I did this with my 2nd account a couple of days ago I never played the game on that account before. So I had the feeling that it might only work if you never did any previous runs before. That might have explained why it does not work for some people, but it seems that this is not true.

On my main profile I already started this game a couple of month ago and had 115GS achieved. So I deleted any old save game and started from scratch with this method and it worked just fine for the second time.
__________________

x LeXXuz x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:38 PM   #492
gamoamo
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 289

schultz02's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkalivan View Post
It's http://www.achieve 360 points.com/foru...d.php?t=113426, without the spaces, I must be violating some rule by mentioning another 360 achievement site here, which is stupid because it shouldn't matter where I got the info from as long as it helped someone. Either that or they've had problems with people coming here and advertising that site.
When I redownloaded the DLC on an alternate account, the option was visible again. I was then able to redo the glitch and it unlocked the Brass Balls achievement first try. Thanks for the help.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Defcizion View Post
If you can't handle the achievement, don't go for it.
Go rent avatar or something
gamoamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 10:25 PM   #493
Arkalivan
 
Arkalivan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 187

Arkalivan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamoamo View Post
When I redownloaded the DLC on an alternate account, the option was visible again. I was then able to redo the glitch and it unlocked the Brass Balls achievement first try. Thanks for the help.
Great to hear, and glad to know if this issue plagues me when I go back to 1000 that I'll have a sure-fire solution.
__________________
Arkalivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 05:04 AM   #494
german_gamer
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 19

grosshirnrinde's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPetWorm View Post
1: Make sure you DLC is working properly. I.e, make sure the "Turn Vita Chambers On/Off" option is in your options, if it isn't, you will need to re-download it from another account on the same xbox. Related thread.
2: Start the game on easy, and turn the Vita chambers off. If you use one, it will ruin that playthrough for getting Brass Balls. Obviously, get to the very end of the game.
3: Save before the final boss battle. Then, beat him like normal up to the final Adam taking. When you walk up to him and get the option to "Press A", this is where the trick comes in.

-Immediatly after pressing A, press start.
-Go to the options, and head down to the difficulty.
-Press left to change it to Hard, then press start to get out of the menu, not B.
-Watch the movie, and as it starts the non-ingame movie you should get the achievements.

I just did this about 10mins ago, you can look at my account to see, so it still works.
Perfect guide. still works.

thanks for that
german_gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:58 PM   #495
Hawaiian
 
Hawaiian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,416

Dexter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   XBA Representer   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   x360a Representer   A+ Thread Award   Submit - Diamond   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Ok, I want to try this as well. Only problem: I haven't turned the Vita chambers off at the beginning of the game. But I haven't died once either. So should I just leave the Vita chambers on or should I turn them off now? Does it even matter as long as I don't die?
Hawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:07 PM   #496
Vindicator51
 
Vindicator51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Denmark
Posts: 1,415

Vindicator51's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian View Post
Ok, I want to try this as well. Only problem: I haven't turned the Vita chambers off at the beginning of the game. But I haven't died once either. So should I just leave the Vita chambers on or should I turn them off now? Does it even matter as long as I don't die?
As long as you don't die it works.
__________________
Vindicator51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:14 PM   #497
xtiira
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1

xtiira's Gamercard
got it yay =]
xtiira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 06:53 PM   #498
aptbs20
 
aptbs20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 88

Zoso08's Gamercard
Just got this! As much as I like this game I didn't want to play through on hard again..according to my saves, last time I played was 9/07.
__________________
aptbs20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:29 PM   #499
Toxic Sliver
 
Toxic Sliver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Jamestown, PA
Posts: 20

Toxic Sliver's Gamercard
Just did this last night and it worked flawlessly. the brass balls achv. didnt unlock until i downloaded the plasmid/tonic dlc, and beat the game again from the same save. But to all This still works.
Toxic Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 07:50 PM   #500
Hieroglitch
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 117

Hieroglitch's Gamercard
It wasn't working for me.. Do I have to wait until AFTER the in-game scene with fontaine getting stabbed by the little sisters? Should it pop right after the screen turns black? I tried yesterday to no avail, but had it turned off and never died.. Does it still work? I'd read someone saying that it was patched and to delete the DLC.. ? Eh? I'm just confused about this. I'll go try again anyway, since people have recently made it work apparently.


EDIT: If the achievement didn't pop up, do I have to redo the game on hard? Or is there something that I could do to get it? I'd rather not waste my time doing it again as I've beaten the game two or three times on easy and medium and I don't want to do it on hard for ONE achievement.. I will if I have to.

Is all hope lost?

Last edited by Hieroglitch; 12-25-2011 at 06:00 AM.
Hieroglitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:32 PM   #501
Campasaurus
 
Campasaurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 122

Jack IXI's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPetWorm View Post
1: Make sure you DLC is working properly. I.e, make sure the "Turn Vita Chambers On/Off" option is in your options, if it isn't, you will need to re-download it from another account on the same xbox. Related thread.
2: Start the game on easy, and turn the Vita chambers off. If you use one, it will ruin that playthrough for getting Brass Balls. Obviously, get to the very end of the game.
3: Save before the final boss battle. Then, beat him like normal up to the final Adam taking. When you walk up to him and get the option to "Press A", this is where the trick comes in.

-Immediatly after pressing A, press start.
-Go to the options, and head down to the difficulty.
-Press left to change it to Hard, then press start to get out of the menu, not B.
-Watch the movie, and as it starts the non-ingame movie you should get the achievements.

I just did this about 10mins ago, you can look at my account to see, so it still works.
I just did this in hopes of getting the seriously good at this achievement by using my old save. But I somehow got the brass balls achievement and I used a vita chamber at the beginning of the game
Campasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:24 PM   #502
HumorousObject
 
HumorousObject's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NoPo, FL
Posts: 39

HumorousObject's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
JUST TO MAKE THIS SIMPLER FOR PEOPLE THAR ARE CONFUSED;

When I got this it was about a few months ago. When your going to fight Atlas hes actually not tough AT ALL. For me, I HAD to beat him on hard. I couldn't just switch it right before he died. As I said, hes really easy to beat on hard for some reason, so you should have no problem defeating him.
HumorousObject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:27 AM   #503
Hieroglitch
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 117

Hieroglitch's Gamercard
So, it still works? I honestly don't want to do it again on hard.. I'm kinda tired of playing it over and over again, played it four or five times in the past few weeks and I just need Brass Balls..

So, can I still do it on easy/medium and switch? I feel like hard will take me quite a bit longer than those two would.. Has it been patched?
Hieroglitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:31 AM   #504
Vixenecho
 
Vixenecho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5

Vixenecho's Gamercard
Im curious if this still works aswell or do i need to start a new file.
Vixenecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:50 PM   #505
kooliokevin
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 17

koo1iokevin's Gamercard
I just got this right now, here's the details:

Yesterday I finished the game: Played through the game on easy, no deaths, no DLC or updates, I played it offline right to the end, did this trick and it did NOT trigger the "Seriously good at this" or "Brass Balls" achievements.

Today I popped the disc in, downloaded the updates and DLC, reloaded my auto-save right before Fontaine fight. During the elevator ride up, I turned off VitaChambers in the options menu. Defeated Fontaine on Easy difficulty, right after I inserted the last needle, clicked start, options, changed difficulty to hard, hit start again to save changes. Cutscene triggers and I got the points.
__________________
kooliokevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:26 PM   #506
essfjay
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 59
just got the Brass Balls achievements two nights ago. beat it on easy without dying & changed the difficulty setting to hard before removing the last adam. got it first try too after the cut scene where the little sisters jump on Fontaine. thanks for the guide i can now focus on beating Alan Wake on Nightmare & finishing up the Assassin Creed games. thanks!
essfjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:56 AM   #507
Trixix
 
Trixix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The batcave.
Posts: 141

A wild Malcolm's Gamercard
I tried this to get my last two achievements, brass balls and you're really good at this. I did my 2nd playthrough on easy, busted it out in ~6 hours and when i got to Atlas i saved, went in, did the fight, when i pressed A to drain the ADAM i pressed start, did the difficulty change, then pressed start again to save the change, but no achievements. I had vita chambers off the whole time and didn't change my difficulty in the game till the end. I didn't die at all in my play-through, So anyone have any ideas to fix? tried clearing cache already.
__________________

Trixix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:18 PM   #508
Harry Lloyd
 
Harry Lloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Rue d'Espoir
Posts: 651

THU31's Gamercard
Worked perfectly, thanks a lot.
__________________
Harry Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:28 PM   #509
KashThePriest
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NW London, England
Posts: 358

KashThePriest's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixix View Post
I tried this to get my last two achievements, brass balls and you're really good at this. I did my 2nd playthrough on easy, busted it out in ~6 hours and when i got to Atlas i saved, went in, did the fight, when i pressed A to drain the ADAM i pressed start, did the difficulty change, then pressed start again to save the change, but no achievements. I had vita chambers off the whole time and didn't change my difficulty in the game till the end. I didn't die at all in my play-through, So anyone have any ideas to fix? tried clearing cache already.
I did the same thing and still no cheev, it's the last one I need to 100% this game
KashThePriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:57 PM   #510
thecallahan
 
thecallahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 27

Thecallahan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPetWorm View Post
1: Make sure you DLC is working properly. I.e, make sure the "Turn Vita Chambers On/Off" option is in your options, if it isn't, you will need to re-download it from another account on the same xbox. Related thread.
2: Start the game on easy, and turn the Vita chambers off. If you use one, it will ruin that playthrough for getting Brass Balls. Obviously, get to the very end of the game.
3: Save before the final boss battle. Then, beat him like normal up to the final Adam taking. When you walk up to him and get the option to "Press A", this is where the trick comes in.

-Immediatly after pressing A, press start.
-Go to the options, and head down to the difficulty.
-Press left to change it to Hard, then press start to get out of the menu, not B.
-Watch the movie, and as it starts the non-ingame movie you should get the achievements.

I just did this about 10mins ago, you can look at my account to see, so it still works.
Just wanted to quote and say thank you as this worked perfectly for me.
thecallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:59 PM.