Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > BioShock
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-07-2008, 05:11 PM   #31
icypinksmurf

icypinksmurf's Gamercard
I hate you.
I literally just unlocked Seriously Good at this & Brass Balls less than five minutes ago. (Legit.)
crap.

REST IN PEACE ELIZABETH - RRoD'd on 10/11/08
Please NO Random Friend Requests!
icypinksmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 07:21 PM   #32
MaRkY2894

MarkTheProphet's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by icypinksmurf View Post
I hate you.
I literally just unlocked Seriously Good at this & Brass Balls less than five minutes ago. (Legit.)
crap.
Irony, maybe just a bit peed off?
MaRkY2894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:53 PM   #33
icypinksmurf

icypinksmurf's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaRkY2894 View Post
Irony, maybe just a bit peed off?
Yeah, today hasnt been the greatest day so far...
Ah, well... just need to get all diaries now..

REST IN PEACE ELIZABETH - RRoD'd on 10/11/08
Please NO Random Friend Requests!
icypinksmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:43 AM   #34
Helg0r

toxik helg0r's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Hmmm switching difficulties before the last boss does not work for me either... but then I'm halfway through the game anyways and haven't had any problems so far... might aswell get the achievement legit x3

Seringue Absorption Torture Alienation Nihilism
e
Helg0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 05:30 PM   #35
MaRkY2894

MarkTheProphet's Gamercard
good luck with that...
MaRkY2894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 05:38 PM   #36
CRAPYKAUH

Send a message via AIM to CRAPYKAUH Send a message via MSN to CRAPYKAUH Send a message via Yahoo to CRAPYKAUH

CRAPYKAUH's Gamercard
Hmmm.

For anyone who wants conformation I am 100% possitive that *it worked for me*

One think that maybe changed things...

I beat it on easy then reloaded my save and beat it on hard.

Seriously doubt that has ANYTHING to do with it but then again I am not possitive either way.

Most Recent ~50~ Halo Wars

CRAPYKAUH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:11 PM   #37
dethklok
Banned User

lX CaptHowdy Xl's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Silver   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAPYKAUH View Post
Hmmm.

For anyone who wants conformation I am 100% possitive that *it worked for me*

One think that maybe changed things...

I beat it on easy then reloaded my save and beat it on hard.

Seriously doubt that has ANYTHING to do with it but then again I am not possitive either way.
if other people would report this "glitch" working then i would go try it. i dont want to start from the begining again and be super pissed that this didnt work, again. if someone can confirm this or the OP can make a 2nd profile on his 360 and replicate the results then i might just give it another go
dethklok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 12:27 AM   #38
Azazel_Valkyrie

Louie Cyphers's Gamercard
I think if anyone is trying, don't expect it to work. Sure, give it a shot but this is pretty rare so don't count on it. And certainly don't feel bad if you did it the normal way.

I made a thread about getting "Tonic Collector" without saving any Little Sisters. No one else has confirmed it so it seems like it could also be one of those things that does not work for everyone.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:13 AM   #39
Dukefan45

Duke x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Word of Mouth
I tried this a little bit earlier but had no success.

First, I beat the game on easy without having the DLC downloaded. Then I loaded up the auto-save on the elevator, switched to hard, and beat it. No achievement.

Then I loaded up a save before going up the elevator and switched to hard. I went up the elevator which created a new auto-save. I then beat it but no achievement.

I then beat it on hard from the new auto-save and no achievement.

Then I went and got the DLC and beat the autosave on hard again and no achievement.

So, I just gave up on it because I ran out of other scenarios to try.

Last edited by Dukefan45; 10-12-2008 at 03:45 PM.
Dukefan45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 05:42 AM   #40
FooToo

FooToo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukefan45 View Post
I tried this a little but earlier but had no success.

First, I beat the game on easy without having the DLC downloaded. Then I loaded up the auto-save on the elevator, switched to hard, and beat it. No achievement.

Then I loaded up a save before going up the elevator and switched to hard. I went up the elevator which created a new auto-save. I then beat it but no achievement.

I then beat it on hard from the new auto-save and no achievement.

Then I went and got the DLC and beat the autosave on hard again and no achievement.

So, I just gave up on it because I ran out of other scenarios to try.

What you could try is to trick the 360 or game disc.

All you have to do is a Nice, Format:C/

lmao jokes aside, Try this method: Load any save (preferably the one second closest to the boss battle ). Once you do that switch your difficulty setting to hard and then die( Right before your dead switch the difficulty to easy) Do this about 3-5 times until you end up on the "hard Dificulty". Save then reload it do the above method 2 more times then save again. Right now you should be in the "Hard Difficulty", Die once more then Save in hard difficulty.Turn off your xbox and turn it back on(dont connect to the internet) Clear your Xbox 360 cache as well as the "Bioshock update" Plus the Extra tonics.. But not the saves!!!! Once you do this turn off your xbox again then turn it back on(Internet pluged in)load bioshock and it should do the required updates, once done go to the dashboard. Re-Download The Extra tonics and what not.Once you do that play bioshock. Load the Save that you were doing the above method on. Go and Defeat Atlas.

And There you Have it How to Glitch/Trick You're Bioshock Save!!

You Should get the acheivement if not post here and i shall help you^_^
FooToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:55 PM   #41
CRAPYKAUH

Send a message via AIM to CRAPYKAUH Send a message via MSN to CRAPYKAUH Send a message via Yahoo to CRAPYKAUH

CRAPYKAUH's Gamercard
I'm really ticked that I didn't record this now...

OK my EXACT Scenario

Started a game on EASY WITH the DLC with VITA-CHAMBERS turned ON but NEVER died.

Collected ALL of the tonics and plasmids and all of the achievements execpt Avid Inventor.

Beat the game on EASY.

Started a game on HARD WITHOUT deleting my save.

While playing the first level on HARD I got the idea and RE-LOADED my EASY save and switched the difficulty to HARD.

Defeated ATLAS and got both achievements.

I seriously doubt it would only work for me.

Old 10-13-2008, 04:14 PM   #42
P1TTMAN

Lt Lemonhead's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I'm tempted to try this just for confirmation's sake...

My hard game is at the point where I have to fight the hook-hand-lady-thing before whats-his-face will let me in. So I don't even have the camera yet. I am I even at the halfway point yet?
And will I need to delete this save and/or cache to make this work?

P1TTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:57 PM   #43
CRAPYKAUH

CRAPYKAUH's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1TTMAN View Post
I'm tempted to try this just for confirmation's sake...

My hard game is at the point where I have to fight the hook-hand-lady-thing before whats-his-face will let me in. So I don't even have the camera yet. I am I even at the halfway point yet?
And will I need to delete this save and/or cache to make this work?
You are about 15% done.

And no I didn't have to delete anything.

Old 10-14-2008, 01:34 PM   #44
daviduk2000

daviduk2000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
God that dethlock guy is a real DICK, anyway ill try this as soon as i get home,

(omg im not helping move the discussion forward SHOOT ME)
Old 10-14-2008, 04:19 PM   #45
fbx

fbx08's Gamercard
Quote:
I'm really ticked that I didn't record this now...

OK my EXACT Scenario

Started a game on EASY WITH the DLC with VITA-CHAMBERS turned ON but NEVER died.

Collected ALL of the tonics and plasmids and all of the achievements execpt Avid Inventor.

Beat the game on EASY.

Started a game on HARD WITHOUT deleting my save.

While playing the first level on HARD I got the idea and RE-LOADED my EASY save and switched the difficulty to HARD.

Defeated ATLAS and got both achievements.

I seriously doubt it would only work for me.
Tried it an hour ago, started new game on HARD and loaded Fontaines Save, switched to Hard, beat him - no achievement. Did use Vita Chambers though, so brass balls would be impossible but seriously good at this also did not unlock.
fbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:21 PM   #46
MythosEngineer

MythosEngineer's Gamercard
Well, just to add my two pence on this. Have all achievements for Bioshock except Brass Balls and Seriously... I beat the game on easy once, got all the achievements except Historian and PhD. Made a new game on Easy with the new D/L content, Disabled the Vita-Chambers, as I did not even die the first time I went through the game. Beat the game again, got my Historian and PhD. I have a save at the GG outside the elevator to Fontaine (I still call him Atlas in my head O_o). From that save where I beat the game with Vita-Chambers disabled, I have tried every suggestion in this thread, beat Fontaine five times switching to Hard mode from my Easy save etc. And the last two achievements are not unlocked. I am in Neptune's Bounty now on my Hard save and it's going so evil... I am so glad you can hack cameras/turrets etc. Sigh.

Whoever can get the switch to Hard glitch to work is a lucky sod indeed.

Do you even praise the sun?
MythosEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:48 AM   #47
Qavala

qavala's Gamercard
Didn't work for me. I happened to be playing through on easy to get the "Dealt With Every Little Sister" achievment 'cause it glitched up on me on my first playthrough on hard *where I got every achievment except for that one nad brass balls*. So the achievment finally unlocked at point premethius after I harvested the second LS and so i decided to play to the end and see if it worked. In short, it didn't I tried about 4 times but it never unlocked meh, your either a lucky bastard or you're lying and just laughing at the fact that so many people have tried :P lol

Qavala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 03:00 PM   #48
dethklok
Banned User

this thread should be locked. This isnt confirmed and no one can replicate what the OP did. there is no use in keeping this thread alive since the OP was just lucky getting those 2 achievements to pop. I would like to see ONE person who replicated the results. Its kinda pissing me off really. this thread is giving people false hope. And when people gp tp try it and dont bother to read all the posts theyu are gonna get pissed as well. I say close this thread and if the OP can replicate the results again to open the thread.

Last edited by dethklok; 10-16-2008 at 03:04 PM.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:25 AM   #49
ovoon7

ovoon's Gamercard
Hey Dethkok, SHUT UP.

I tried this, but then again, I got the DLC halfway through the game. I think OP got lucky if he got it like that at all.
ovoon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 07:06 AM   #50
Oinkness

Oinkness's Gamercard
Smile

Hi. I registered here just to reply to this.

The thing I noticed that the OP did different that I didn't notice anybody else do, is that he started a new game on hard, then re-loaded his easy game and set it to hard. It could have been that little move that helped him unlock the achievements, and I didn't see anybody else here say that they did the same.

So, if someone wants to beat it on easy without using a vita-chamber, start a new hard game then load up your easy, switch it to hard difficulty and beat it again, let me know if you unlock that.

And of course you need the friggin' DLC to unlock the achievement. For crud's sake, hahah.... That's like complaining that your sandwich fell all over your lap because you forgot the bread.
Oinkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 11:14 AM   #51
Qavala

qavala's Gamercard
I done it liek that as well, still didn't work I'm pretty sure someone else said they doen it liek that as well. Pretty sure this guy's makin this up or he is lucky as ****. tbh.

Qavala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 03:17 PM   #52
MythosEngineer

MythosEngineer's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oinkness View Post
Hi. I registered here just to reply to this.

The thing I noticed that the OP did different that I didn't notice anybody else do, is that he started a new game on hard, then re-loaded his easy game and set it to hard. It could have been that little move that helped him unlock the achievements, and I didn't see anybody else here say that they did the same.

So, if someone wants to beat it on easy without using a vita-chamber, start a new hard game then load up your easy, switch it to hard difficulty and beat it again, let me know if you unlock that.

And of course you need the friggin' DLC to unlock the achievement. For crud's sake, hahah.... That's like complaining that your sandwich fell all over your lap because you forgot the bread.
I mentioned that I did everything mentioned in the previous posts. This included starting a new game on hard and then going back to the easy one. This just does not work. No idea how he got it, but it must have been some wierd unreproduceable glitch.

Do you even praise the sun?
MythosEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 03:36 PM   #53
dethklok
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovoon7 View Post
Hey Dethkok, SHUT UP.

I tried this, but then again, I got the DLC halfway through the game. I think OP got lucky if he got it like that at all.
whoa man, chill out a bit. your off to a good start for making a bad name for yourself on this site. if you dont like what i have to say, well thats simple, DONT REPLY!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-22-2008, 11:56 PM   #54
MaxIglesias

Why i can't see the brass balls achievement listed in my game achievements list?. Does it came out after DLC or before? or, the achievemnt is never shown during the entire play trough and just spawns when u finish the game under its requirements? I'm pretty confused here guys.
MaxIglesias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 09:44 PM   #55
CRAPYKAUH

CRAPYKAUH's Gamercard
Wow thats totally gay

I'm sorry that it Is not working for anyone else...

I am 100% sure this worked...

Sorry guys.

One last thing maybe JUST maybe would change it.

Beat it on easy TURN the 360 off and come back later start new game on hard then reload easy save change to hard and beat him?

Sorry if I gave anyone false hope all I know is it worked for me.

Old 11-23-2008, 05:15 PM   #56
dethklok
Banned User

Quote:
Wow thats totally gay

I'm sorry that it Is not working for anyone else...

I am 100% sure this worked...

Sorry guys.

One last thing maybe JUST maybe would change it.

Beat it on easy TURN the 360 off and come back later start new game on hard then reload easy save change to hard and beat him?

Sorry if I gave anyone false hope all I know is it worked for me.

has anyone confirmed this yet?
Old 11-24-2008, 04:21 AM   #57
potautoman

I'lol have to try this when i get bioshock again
potautoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:39 AM   #58
TatteredRagDoll

TatteredRagDoll's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dethklok View Post
has anyone confirmed this yet?
Dude, seriously, STFU! You're just a post whoring asshole, knock it off. You have yet to post a single reply in this thread that added to the discussion. All you've posted is after almost everyone's else's post asking if anyone had confirmed this, or to tell them their reply didn't move the thread along.

GTFO.

No, I haven't tried this yet, but I'm considering it. What do I have to lose by trying it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire3540 View Post
I mean comon everyone knows africa is mainly comprised of African Americans....

TatteredRagDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 02:26 PM   #59
ovoon7

ovoon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatteredragdoll View Post
dude, seriously, stfu! You're just a post whoring asshole, knock it off. You have yet to post a single reply in this thread that added to the discussion. All you've posted is after almost everyone's else's post asking if anyone had confirmed this, or to tell them their reply didn't move the thread along.

Gtfo.

No, i haven't tried this yet, but i'm considering it. What do i have to lose by trying it?
ditto!!!!!!

POST A COMMENT IN THIS WEBZONE IF YOU WANT A PIZZA ROLL
ovoon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 05:05 PM   #60
dethklok
Banned User

cry me a river then build a bridge and GET OVER IT!. If you don't like me asking a question then 1) don't read this thread and 2) don't reply. simple isn't it? Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the whole idea of a forum is to ask questions, express your ideas and/or opinions

is this confirmed?

Last edited by dethklok; 11-24-2008 at 05:11 PM.