PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > BioShock
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-25-2008, 10:13 AM   #61
goenitz96

Goenitz96's Gamercard
So i've got bioshock and beat it on normal.

i'll try this this evening and i'll post you my results tomorrow

100% retail
NFS most wanted // Dynasty warriors 5 // King kong // Test Drive unlimited // Pirates des Caraibes // Soulcalibur IV // Fallout 3 (1k) // Assassin creed // alone in the dark // NFS Undercover // assassin creed 2 // CB Jericho // Tekken 6

100% arcade
Castlevania SOTN // SSF2HD // Dash of destruction

goenitz96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 11:18 AM   #62
TatteredRagDoll

TatteredRagDoll's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dethklok View Post
cry me a river then build a bridge and GET OVER IT!. If you don't like me asking a question then 1) don't read this thread and 2) don't reply. simple isn't it? Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the whole idea of a forum is to ask questions, express your ideas and/or opinions

is this confirmed?
Is it confirmed that your mother dropped you on your head repeatedly as a child?

Why yes, I believe it is.

It would be one thing if you were the OP, but you're not. You're not moving the thread along either. So why don't YOU go pick up the game and confirm it yourself if you're so hard pressed about it?

oh wait, you don't even own the game, do you? So why don't you STFU until you have the game in your possession and can try it yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire3540 View Post
I mean comon everyone knows africa is mainly comprised of African Americans....

TatteredRagDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 05:38 PM   #63
dethklok
Banned User

lX CaptHowdy Xl's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Silver   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TatteredRagDoll View Post
Is it confirmed that your mother dropped you on your head repeatedly as a child?

Why yes, I believe it is.

It would be one thing if you were the OP, but you're not. You're not moving the thread along either. So why don't YOU go pick up the game and confirm it yourself if you're so hard pressed about it?

oh wait, you don't even own the game, do you? So why don't you STFU until you have the game in your possession and can try it yourself.
acutally I do have the game SO STFU! LMAO and I could care less what you think of me, if you have to flame then....... well I rather not finish that, i'll let you use your imagination.
dethklok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 12:03 PM   #64
TatteredRagDoll

Well then, if you do have the game. Why don't you try this yourself and enlighten us all? Yes?

Quote:

Old 11-26-2008, 05:44 PM   #65
dethklok
Banned User

lX CaptHowdy Xl's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Silver   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Well then, if you do have the game. Why don't you try this yourself and enlighten us all? Yes?
why dont you stop being a moron. I dopnt feel like wasting my time if its not confirmed. As your bitching that I am not adding to this thread, what about you? Your needless and pointless bitching is not adding anything to this thread. I think you wanna act cool so you are resorting to flaming. when you have someone to contribute then contact me. untill then, dont bother
dethklok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 09:49 PM   #66
goenitz96

Goenitz96's Gamercard
so i finally tried and it don't work

So here how i proceeded.

First i download the additional content before starting the game.
then i played the game on normal and finished it.

So i've started a new game on hard, when i was in the water, i saved the game, then load the previous save (directly after taking the lift to reach the last boss), i changed the difficulty and killed the boss : nothing

Then i've done the same method but i loaded another save before taking the lift for the last boss, i changed the difficulty, saved the game, and take the lift to reach the boss. Nothing with this method.

I believe it was just luck if you unlocked this, It would be good that a lot of people try and tell how they did, perhaps we could finally find how to do it.

But I have another solution :
-> play all the game on hard difficulty

100% retail
NFS most wanted // Dynasty warriors 5 // King kong // Test Drive unlimited // Pirates des Caraibes // Soulcalibur IV // Fallout 3 (1k) // Assassin creed // alone in the dark // NFS Undercover // assassin creed 2 // CB Jericho // Tekken 6

100% arcade
Castlevania SOTN // SSF2HD // Dash of destruction

goenitz96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 11:33 PM   #67
lid

liddd's Gamercard
Why won't anyone learn to just ignore dethklok, he likes to piss everyone off ANY way he can, it's like his fetish or something. I bet he's jacking off right now while he posts "MORON LMFAO STFU FLAME".

Anyhoo, I can say that this doesn't work, if the original poster can specify something more clearly or something that he missed then maybe things will be more clearer. Or who knows maybe he got lucky like everyone says but I don't see how o_O.
Old 11-28-2008, 11:45 PM   #68
Lord of Fate

Liquid N2's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Is this glitch still working? I'm currently on the level after Hephaestus on my Hard no-vita chambers run (Seriously Good at This / Brass Balls). This game is absolutely a pain in the ass on Hard with no vita chambers, for me at least. I beat Perfect Dark Zero on Dark Agent and Brass Balls is seriously more frustrating. I guess I'm good at PD though.

Must I clear my cache to get this glitch to work or does it still work? Cause I can save a load of grief by doing this glitch. I still have my Easy save right before the boss battle and I haven't died on that save.

Also I've heard rumors that if you do die on Hard with Vita chambers on then it'll corrupt all your saves towards being able to get Brass Balls. Is this true?
_

EDIT: Well I've officially tried getting this glitch to work myself to no avail. I couldn't get either Seriously Good at This or Brass Balls to unlock.

Before I tried this this is how I had things:
1.) I had the DL content DLed before I ever even played the game.
2.) I first finished an Easy run, getting every achievement except Seriously Good at This, Brass Balls and Historian (missed one single diary at the very beginning lol). So I have a save just before the elevator to the boss, and I didn't die once in that Easy run.
3.) I started a Hard no-vita chamber run to get my last 3 achievements. Currently I am about to start Point Prometheus so I'm not actually that far off from finishing the game.
4a.) I loaded my old Easy save and went to fight the boss. Right at the last second before I killed him I switched to Hard. No achievement this way.
4b.) I did the same as #4a except I cleared my cache beforehand.
4c.) I updated the game then tried switching to Hard BEFORE going up the elevator. Still no achievement.
4d.) I haven't tried switching to Hard BEFORE going up the elevator with the cache cleared. (I don't feel like beating the boss on Hard again lol.)
5.) On all parts of #4 I already had the Vita Chambers turned off ("Disable Vita-Chambers" turned ON)

I'm like 2 levels away from finishing the game legit anyway so I'll probably just finish it normal since I cannot get this glitch to work.

Last edited by Lord of Fate; 11-29-2008 at 07:51 AM.
Lord of Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 10:24 PM   #69
Fullawka14

Razor x3h's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fate View Post
Is this glitch still working? I'm currently on the level after Hephaestus on my Hard no-vita chambers run (Seriously Good at This / Brass Balls). This game is absolutely a pain in the ass on Hard with no vita chambers, for me at least. I beat Perfect Dark Zero on Dark Agent and Brass Balls is seriously more frustrating. I guess I'm good at PD though.

Must I clear my cache to get this glitch to work or does it still work? Cause I can save a load of grief by doing this glitch. I still have my Easy save right before the boss battle and I haven't died on that save.

Also I've heard rumors that if you do die on Hard with Vita chambers on then it'll corrupt all your saves towards being able to get Brass Balls. Is this true?
_

EDIT: Well I've officially tried getting this glitch to work myself to no avail. I couldn't get either Seriously Good at This or Brass Balls to unlock.

Before I tried this this is how I had things:
1.) I had the DL content DLed before I ever even played the game.
2.) I first finished an Easy run, getting every achievement except Seriously Good at This, Brass Balls and Historian (missed one single diary at the very beginning lol). So I have a save just before the elevator to the boss, and I didn't die once in that Easy run.
3.) I started a Hard no-vita chamber run to get my last 3 achievements. Currently I am about to start Point Prometheus so I'm not actually that far off from finishing the game.
4a.) I loaded my old Easy save and went to fight the boss. Right at the last second before I killed him I switched to Hard. No achievement this way.
4b.) I did the same as #4a except I cleared my cache beforehand.
4c.) I updated the game then tried switching to Hard BEFORE going up the elevator. Still no achievement.
4d.) I haven't tried switching to Hard BEFORE going up the elevator with the cache cleared. (I don't feel like beating the boss on Hard again lol.)
5.) On all parts of #4 I already had the Vita Chambers turned off ("Disable Vita-Chambers" turned ON)

I'm like 2 levels away from finishing the game legit anyway so I'll probably just finish it normal since I cannot get this glitch to work.
No thats not true.. You can have Vita Chambers turned on and die then quit and start from your saved file again and you'll still unlock it at the end.. Thats what i am doing right now and a lot of people had said it worked. If your like half way through the game and you die and a message pops up "Your being revived at a Vita Chamber" Then you know that your game is still perfectly fine and that that save still doesn't have you registered for respawning in a vita chamber.
Fullawka14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 07:26 AM   #70
Trace Legacy

Dark Bacon Dude's Gamercard
i can confirm this, but i just cleared it for downloaded upgrades (thoose which blocks you from bieng online if you dont download em) but i got seriously good at this and brass balls... and dethklok or w/e it is... please stfu...
Trace Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 07:30 AM   #71
Trace Legacy

Dark Bacon Dude's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullawka14 View Post
No thats not true.. You can have Vita Chambers turned on and die then quit and start from your saved file again and you'll still unlock it at the end.. Thats what i am doing right now and a lot of people had said it worked. If your like half way through the game and you die and a message pops up "Your being revived at a Vita Chamber" Then you know that your game is still perfectly fine and that that save still doesn't have you registered for respawning in a vita chamber.

sorry dude just if you redspawn and reload (without saving) "corrupts" the save, im sorry dude. i know this from my cousin, but he recommands SPAMMING! the save option
Trace Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 08:06 AM   #72
Lord of Fate

Liquid N2's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Yeah there's really 100% no reason not to disable the Vita-Chambers anyway. Why would you risk actually corrupting your saves anyway and have to start the whole game over on Hard right? I mean I don't know if that's true but either way doesn't matter to me anymore. Finally completed Bioshock so no need for any glitch, I couldn't get it to work anyway. Don't really know how so many others are getting it to work...
Old 12-05-2008, 12:55 AM   #73
Killer66250

Iguaina's Gamercard
I just tried, didn't work. I do have all Bioshock updates but I don't have the DLC Plasmids.

3rd In The UK To 200/200 In Uno Rush, 13th In The World.
Killer66250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:50 AM   #74
TatteredRagDoll

DLC plasmids are required for one of the achievements.

Quote:

Old 12-06-2008, 06:34 PM   #75
Killer66250

Iguaina's Gamercard
I just cleared my 360's cache and tried again offline, still nothing happened.

3rd In The UK To 200/200 In Uno Rush, 13th In The World.
Killer66250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:25 AM   #76
witide

witide's Gamercard
I tried it too...no luck.
witide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 05:51 PM   #77
MakeshiftMinty

MakeshiftMinty's Gamercard
borrowing this off a friend soon. il try it when i get it.
has anybody tried loading their easy save, changing it to hard and finishing the game.
clear cache.
download update and then re-do the final boss on hard?
MakeshiftMinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 10:08 PM   #78
chrisnottm

Send a message via MSN to chrisnottm

DirtyChris89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Okay i'm going to try this tomorrow morning, i made a save right near the boss on easy so it's worth a shot...

chrisnottm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 03:12 PM   #79
chrisnottm

DirtyChris89's Gamercard

Okay Dethklok, i have your verification.

I tried once and it didn't work. I just loaded up the save i made just before the fight, switched to hard, beat him and didn't unlock the cheeves.

The second time, I started a new game on hard, then when i was in the water outside i just quit without saving then clicked 'Continue' so it would take me to the boss fight. switched difficulty to hard beat him again and unlocked them both.

Brass Balls
Complete the game on Hard difficulty without using a Vita-Chamber
Acquired 16/12/2008

Seriously Good At This
The player has completed the game on the hardest difficulty setting.
Acquired 16/12/2008

Thanks OP =]

Old 12-17-2008, 07:37 PM   #80
Fizzmatix
Banned User

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Gold   Bright Idea   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I can't get any of the above methods to work so I think it's just luck. I will probably never get the hard achievements as I just can't be bothered to play the game all the way though again.

Either way it's worked for some people
Fizzmatix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 05:35 AM   #81
Shadezor

Shadezor's Gamercard
Just did it on my first try. I started on hard, went until you see the 2 slicers looting the big daddy ( It's in welcome to rapture not to far into the level. Where you get the achievement for electrifying the slicers in the water. ) I saved my game and then loaded my save that was located just before going up the elevator. I then switched it to Hard, and made a new save. Then I reloaded my recent save where I switched it to hard. Went up and defeated him. Got Brass balls achievement and the one for beating it on the hardest difficulty.

It is confirmed and I did it on my first try.

I'm not sure if you can turn of vita chambers right before the boss. I ran through the game on easy with vita chambers off. So, if you already close to the end, I would try it, just switch vita chambers too off when you change hard, then do the process I said above.

If your starting from the beginning then turn off vita chambers to be save. If your playing on easy, you won't die anyway.
Shadezor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:02 PM   #82
HellsDemon

Send a message via MSN to HellsDemon

xHxDx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadezor View Post
Just did it on my first try. I started on hard, went until you see the 2 slicers looting the big daddy ( It's in welcome to rapture not to far into the level. Where you get the achievement for electrifying the slicers in the water. ) I saved my game and then loaded my save that was located just before going up the elevator. I then switched it to Hard, and made a new save. Then I reloaded my recent save where I switched it to hard. Went up and defeated him. Got Brass balls achievement and the one for beating it on the hardest difficulty.

It is confirmed and I did it on my first try.

I'm not sure if you can turn of vita chambers right before the boss. I ran through the game on easy with vita chambers off. So, if you already close to the end, I would try it, just switch vita chambers too off when you change hard, then do the process I said above.

If your starting from the beginning then turn off vita chambers to be save. If your playing on easy, you won't die anyway.
For every 2 people that say it works, there's 50 people who say it does not.
HellsDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 04:39 PM   #83
Demean

Demean's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellsDemon View Post
But from those 50 people, I wonder how many actually did exactly what that OP said. Some just said it didn't work and didn't go through the steps they went through. Them 2 guys went through every detail. I'll try this when my brother gets off the Xbox.
Demean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 05:49 PM   #84
Shadezor

Shadezor's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellsDemon View Post
Well either way, It worked for me. Maybe you should try it, the same way I did it. Guarantee it will work. My friend just did it on his xbox yesterday and it worked. So who ever it isn't working isn't doing it right.
Shadezor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 05:55 AM   #85
TatteredRagDoll

I'll probably give this a try after we get our 360 fixed. If it works, great, if not, then I just have to play through on Hard. No biggie either way really. ^_^

Quote:

Old 12-26-2008, 04:23 AM   #86
chrisnottm

DirtyChris89's Gamercard

Quote:
I'll probably give this a try after we get our 360 fixed. If it works, great, if not, then I just have to play through on Hard. No biggie either way really. ^_^
Just make sure you make a save before you use the elevator to fontaine (just incase it goes wrong).
And then when it auto saves at the top of the elevator, quit, start new on hard, then quit without saving and load up the auto saved file named "Fontaine".
Change difficulty in options before the fight begins.and win.
Voila!

That's exactly what I did, you can't fail lol

Old 12-26-2008, 05:50 PM   #87
Adeptuswolf

Send a message via MSN to Adeptuswolf

Adeptus Wolf's Gamercard
I tried all 3 variations, None worked for me. Sounds like Kafka if you ask me.
Adeptuswolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 06:16 PM   #88
chrisnottm

DirtyChris89's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeptuswolf View Post
I tried all 3 variations, None worked for me. Sounds like Kafka if you ask me.
'Scuse me? Kafka?? lmao

Old 12-26-2008, 06:33 PM   #89
Adeptuswolf

Send a message via MSN to Adeptuswolf

Adeptus Wolf's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnottm View Post
'Scuse me? Kafka?? lmao
Kafka means basicly "bull shit" but less lued lol
Adeptuswolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 05:54 AM   #90
TatteredRagDoll

*cough* "lewd" *cough*

Quote: