PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > BioShock
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-10-2009, 06:42 AM   #211
jakekh1983

jakekh1983's Gamercard
i just beat it on hard without using a vita chamber, then two minutes later i look at this. it really wasn't that bad on hard but this could have saved me lots of time.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:23 PM   #212
Jabbawocky

Jabbawocky2004's Gamercard
Worked like a charm. Brass Balls unlocked. Excellent.

Jabbawocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 05:48 AM   #213
Elekid

Elekidcore's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakekh1983 View Post
i just beat it on hard without using a vita chamber, then two minutes later i look at this. it really wasn't that bad on hard but this could have saved me lots of time.
Ooh come on you have to admit it was fun. I just did mine earlier today as well. Took me 8 solid days of playing while juggling work, music, and sleep. It was good times.
http://www.soundcloud.com/elekid - Hard Dance (US Hard House, Jumpstyle, Tekstyle, Hardstyle, Tech Dance), Schranz, Hardcore (Happy Hardcore, UK Hardcore, Freeform, Gabber, Frenchcore, Speedcore), Breaks, Trance, and Mash Up mixes. Also original US Hard House, Jumpstyle, & Tekstyle tracks and remixes.

Elekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:34 PM   #214
middleeastbe4st

So it works for some and doesn't for others? I don't think I want to risk going through it again on easy when I've already started a hard playthrough.
middleeastbe4st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 06:04 PM   #215
Shinokamen

Shinokamen's Gamercard
I beat this on easy my first time through, but I died a few times. After I beat Fontaine, I loaded up a save (sorry, don't remember if it was before or after the elevator...) changed difficulty to hard, and beat Fontaine. I got Seriously good at this.

I played through the game again because I had missed a number of other achievements (including "restored the forest"???) and I thought I could get brass balls the same way. So far, I haven't gotten it to work.
Shinokamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:37 AM   #216
bawj

bawj bawj's Gamercard
i really hope this will work for me
bawj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 10:21 AM   #217
downey

Dovvney's Gamercard
I will give this a shot since I am playing it on easy right now anyways, I figured it can't hurt to at least refresh my memory on the goals for the play through on hard since I am assuming this wont work but it is worth a shot.
downey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 01:10 PM   #218
Genesis x360a

Schluballybub's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Gold   Road Map - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Submit - Bronze   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Subscriber Uno - Third Place   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty Trace View Post
chrisnottm hit the nail on the head.

After finishing the campaign on EASY without using a Vita-Chamber (I wasn't even aware of a Disable option, but I managed to avoid getting killed), I tried three different times to earn Brass Balls and ...Good at This by changing the difficulty to HARD before I stepped out of the elevator to confront Fontaine. Each time, it did not work.

So I followed chrisnottm's instruction: assuming you're where I was and fifty feet in front of Fontaine's spliced ass, start a NEW GAME on HARD and quit out of it after the opening cinematic (when you first gain control of the player). Go to CONTINUE and you'll be back in front of Fontaine. Change the difficulty in the options menu to HARD and whoop his ass, (Freeze Blast when he's on fire, Incinerate when he's blue, Electro Shock + Grenade Launcher to finish the job). Once the Little Sisters topple and stab his ass and the closing scene begins, "2 for 140G" will pop up.
100% Works, I tryed all methods and then this one last and i got "2for 140G" Excatly when he said it would. Many thanks

Genesis x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 02:48 PM   #219
downey

Dovvney's Gamercard
damn, didn't work for me, oh well at least the goals are fresh in my mind for the next play through.
downey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 12:02 AM   #220
khartoun

kHartouN's Gamercard
does this still work?
khartoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 06:29 AM   #221
darkestone

the darkest 1's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis x360a View Post
100% Works, I tryed all methods and then this one last and i got "2for 140G" Excatly when he said it would. Many thanks
tried exactly that way and nothing. funny thing is when i go to continue i dont have to change my setting to hard, its already set to that even though i played on easy. and still no achievement...man i tried everything..loading before elevator,not dying on the continue to fontaine etc...
darkestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 03:22 AM   #222
middleeastbe4st

Glad this worked for some people, sure didn't work for me. I even went back and changed the difficulty before the elevator and it didn't work. I then cleared the cache and gave it another try, again, it failed. If anyone knows a surefire way to get it to work, I'd love to hear it.
middleeastbe4st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:58 PM   #223
Dr Merk

Dr Merknstein's Gamercard
I haven't tried this yet, but do any of you think it's possible that current updates are preventing this from working? They might have patched it guys.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:37 PM   #224
khartoun

kHartouN's Gamercard
just beat the entire last level on hard and it didn't work :/
khartoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:45 PM   #225
Goblikon

Im starting up a new game on easy today and am gonna try the method of getting up to atlas, saving, starting a new game on hard, then beating atlas on the other save file then switching to hard. I'll post the result of how it went when im done beating it, probably tommorow.
Goblikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 11:38 PM   #226
darkestone

the darkest 1's Gamercard
after trying this and posting my results i did some more digging..apparently an update some time ago squashed the glitch.
darkestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:56 PM   #227
Dr Merk

So could I technically delete all updates for this game and do the glitch, or is the fact that I've saved after having this update going to force me to have to do another playthrough entirely, without the updates?
Old 07-28-2009, 04:09 PM   #228
Goblikon

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkestone View Post
after trying this and posting my results i did some more digging..apparently an update some time ago squashed the glitch.
It would seem so, doesn't work for me either, and I did everything that was suggested.

Also to Dr Merk, when I started a new game yesterday there was a new patch and i didnt install it, but that left the dlc that has the turn off vita-chambers and new tonics absent, and perhaps turning off the Brass Balls achievement as well if you dont update it.

Last edited by Goblikon; 07-28-2009 at 04:13 PM.
Goblikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:04 PM   #229
Dr Merk

What I'm saying is to clear your cache and all your updates and DLC through that button combination on your controller. It will delete the DLC for all games, so when you access them online you have to reupdate them. What I'm asking is:

Do you think I would be able to use a save with the newest updates / DLC on it after I remove all the updates from my computer, or will I have to start a completely new playthrough?

If thats the case, and I need to do another playthrough I'm better off just playing through it on hard.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:47 PM   #230
Corallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Merk View Post
What I'm saying is to clear your cache and all your updates and DLC through that button combination on your controller. It will delete the DLC for all games, so when you access them online you have to reupdate them. What I'm asking is:

Do you think I would be able to use a save with the newest updates / DLC on it after I remove all the updates from my computer, or will I have to start a completely new playthrough?

If thats the case, and I need to do another playthrough I'm better off just playing through it on hard.
If you want to play on a save that has the new plasmids/DLC on it, you must have the DLC, if you remove the DLC, you cannot play on that save until you redownload the DLC. Once you have redownloaded the DLC, you will be able to play on that save again

Corallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:08 PM   #231
username1199

username1199's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by aporter727 View Post
My save was right when the Fontaine level loads after the elevator opens. I downloaded the free DLC halfway through the game, so I did have it when I beat it. It took me a few tries with other people's methods to realize it wasn't going to work. So I just went nuts with the saving, and loading of files to the point that I got it to work. I beat him on whatever difficulity my original save was on, then as soon as the cutscene started I paused and changed it to Hard. Achievement popped up during the part when the Little Sister attempts to give me the key to the city.
BINGO!!!

I know Im late to the party, but this guy is right!!!

After trying EVERY method in this topic, I tried again this morning using this method, and it worked!!!

Heres exactly what I did:

I started a new game on easy, turned ON vitachambers, ran through the game and saved right before fontaine,(the save should say Proving Grounds).

I beat Fontaine on easy, started a new game on hard, saved as soon as i got out of the bathysphere, quit, then reloaded my easy save in front of the elevator.

I beat Fontaine again, still on easy, then after i drained him for the last time, and he knocks you down (the cut scene will start, and your on the ground, sideways) I paused, changed the difficulty to hard, and as soon as the little sister gives you the ket to the city, the 2 for 140 achevement popped up!!!

Great find guys!!!!
username1199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:36 PM   #232
golobayj

Jontron Jonimo's Gamercard
Wait so you just did this today? A few posts ahead of you says that they found it was fixed so it could no longer be done.
golobayj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:58 PM   #233
username1199

username1199's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by golobayj View Post
Wait so you just did this today? A few posts ahead of you says that they found it was fixed so it could no longer be done.
Yea I did it this morning, and it worked fine.
username1199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 04:55 AM   #234
golobayj

Jontron Jonimo's Gamercard
Dang, nice, you must be lucky. I have tried this like 20 times today, doing it your way and the way other people have done it. I think this is more or less random if it will glitch for you. I guess I'll just actually have to play through on Hard and earn it the hard way.
golobayj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:27 AM   #235
Telexen

Telexen's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
It's one of those things that has never worked for everybody. I tried for a long time, then found I actually put less effort into beating it on Hard than I did trying to get the glitch to work.

Telexen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:49 AM   #236
spunyun

x Spunyun's Gamercard
Sounds like this glitch just doesn't work very good, maybe worth attempting but not relying on. I was just trying it for a bit but can't get it to work. Its annoying that people are claiming to get this to work in several different ways but its not working that way for others.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:13 PM   #237
Dr Merk

Username1119, were you using an updated version of the game, or were you playing it offline?

This is my idea guys. Might not be too fond of it, but w.e. Delete all updates from your 360, delete the DLC from Bioshock, delete all unessicary game saves.

Start a new playthrough on easy with Vita chambers off, continue through the game as normal, then attempt these methods.

If it still dosen't work, then this is all a load of shit, and you know these guys are lying. I think I might do this Wednesday, and let you know how it goes, I still need to collect the logs / weapon upgrades so I'll be taking a little longer with that, but it still shouldn't take me more than 20 hours.

If somebody else wants to do a speed run and see if it works be my guest. This is the only way I think it will work though.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:33 PM   #238
Fizzmatix
Banned User

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Gold   Bright Idea   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I don't think anyone is lying, that's a rather harsh accusation seeing as there are plenty of games where stuff like this works for a handful of people and doesn't for others.

I tried this just out of interest to see but I couldn't get it to work. Then again I am now playing through on hard to earn the achievements but i'm not to overly worried about brass balls.
Fizzmatix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 03:51 PM   #239
Dr Merk

Right but my question is, has everybody been trying this with the most current game updates for Bioshock, or have people tried a playthrough without the updates?

I guess I'll find out first hand soon enough, but I'm curious anyway.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:12 AM   #240
Kaldo

Kaldo's Gamercard
Taking up the cause

Well, I finished the game last night so I'm going to have a crack at a few of these suggestions...

I've already spent about an hour trying some variations of them tho and no success so far I'll detail exactly which methods I'm trying a little later, but so far it's not looking great. I definitely think this works, but I just think it comes down to a few minor details that not everyone might be reporting.. like how many saves their making or which that loaded first exactly etc... it might also need a few attempts before it clicks, or the opposite - you might have to reset your console after each method attempted.

I'm willing to experiment a while anyways, since I really can't be asked playing through the whole game again right now..
Kaldo is offline   Reply With Quote