PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Samurai Warriors 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-23-2008, 06:24 AM   #1
Zeth07

Guard Achievements Question

I'm trying to get 1000 for this game, but i had a question or two about the guards achievement. When the game starts it asks me to update and I don't update it since i don't want the achievements to change in-game, partly because i've read it changes how you have to unlock Musashi Miyamoto. I do not plan on getting the expansion, so i'll still need the guards after i unlock Musashi. (and Ranmaru Mori.... who i forgot)

My question is if I update the game AFTER i get Musashi can i still get Kojiro and Katsuie the same old way, or will it change to the new descriptions of having to buy both guards from the expansion that i don't have?

I want to update the game so that i can be on Xbox Live while i finish those last two achievements. I think i've read that to be on the 1000's list you can't have ALL achievements with no dates on em, and if i continue to play without updating thats what will happen. I figure after i get Musashi i can update and just go about getting Kojiro and Katsuie the same old way (hopefully) and it'll give me a date/timestamp. Any help/info would be appreciated.
Zeth07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 04:54 PM   #2
Lucent Beam

Send a message via AIM to Lucent Beam

Lucent Beam's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
If you update, you can get the guards both the old way OR get the new DLC guards. The description will change, but you can still do it the old way.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:41 PM   #3
Zeth07

Alright cool, thanks for the help.
Zeth07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 05:13 AM   #4
ezekiel 08

ezekiel 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I've read that people have downloaded the XL expansion and then tried to get the two guards the old way and it didn't work. I haven't tested it myself but I've read about it happening to plenty of people.

If all else fails, just hire them for the achievements.

Completed Games [125] | Gamerscore Completion Rate [90.74%]

* retired gamerscore whore *
ezekiel 08 is offline   Reply With Quote