PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > Banjo Kazooie
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 08:37 PM   #1
Evil Demon55

Send a message via AIM to Evil Demon55 Send a message via MSN to Evil Demon55

Evil Demon55's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Submit - Silver   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide

Thanks to Disc07 for this awesome picture!

Overview
Estimated achievement difficulty:
Estimated time for 200: Beginners: 18 hours. Returners: 7-10 hours. Vets: 4 hours.
Minimum playthroughs: 1
Missable achievements: None
Glitched achievements: Jigsaw Maker. Visit this thread for more information.
Offline: 12 (200)
Co-op (System link or online): 0
Online: 0
Cheats disable achievements: Sandcastle cheats-No

Get Jiggy - 10GS
It doesn't matter which two, just successfully collect any two Jiggies.

Jiggies are jigsaw peices. Two should not be at all to hard to find, you will get this by just playing the game, there are 10 jigsaws per level. The first Jiggy is given to you once you enter Gruntilda's Lair on the left. The second Jiggy will be one of the 10 Jiggies you pick up on Mumbo's Mountain. The easiest ones are the one located near Bottles' Talon Trot molehole and the one in the eye of Mumbo's Hut.

Mumbo Jumbo - 10GS
Get yourself transformed by Mumbo Jumbo for the first time. Now that's magic!

Easy, just play Mumbo’s Mountain. This is the first level of the game. Collect 5 Mumbo Tokens and go into the skull like hut. He will turn you into an ant and achievement unlocked!

Tokens are silver skull like things, they look like Mumbo. There are about 5 per level, they are easy to find but do require searching sometimes, they are never hard to find.

Here is a list of the first 5 tokens on Mumbo's Mountain.

- Near the Purple Jinjo, behind a block to the right first thing when you go into the level.
- Once you get up to Bottle's Egg molehill, the skull is on one of 4 ledges with a few eggs.
- The next one is hidden behind one of the support pillars in the area where you learn the Talon Trot.
- The next one is inside the tall ant tower close-by to Mumbo's Hut.
- The final one is simply located under the ramp leading to Mumbo's Hut.
(Thanks to Itsbrown4606 for this).

Knock out Nipper - 15GS
Come out on top in a dust-up with Nipper the crab. Watch out, he's called Nipper for a reason.

Easy, he is on Treasure Trove Cove, level 2 of the game. Just watch out for his claws and then use the Rat-A-Tat Rap move on his eyes. This move is when you jump up and then peck. Use the Rat-A-Tat Rap move on him 3 times and the achievement will unlcock. While you are here, go inside his shell and get the jiggy.

Free Clanker - 15GS
Liberate Clanker, Gruntilda's rusty and recalcitrant garbage grinder.

This is the giant metal shark on level 3, Clanker's Cavern. When you enter the level just play it and swim into the tunnel, once you get there you will see him and he will talk to you. Get some breath then swim to the bottom of the water area and go through the key 3 times. Get air from Gloop the fish. Gloop spits out bubbles, just swim through them and you will get 2 air honeycombs back. Not to hard, grab the notes and the jinjo while you are down there.

Chomp Chomp! - 15GS
They're red and no less than 30 of them need chomping. Nuff said.

Mr. Vile’s minigames in BubbleGloop Swamp, just beat the minigame and collect as many Yumblies as you can. Yumblies are the red worm like things. Mr. Vile is in the giant crocodile, just turn into a crocodile yourself and walk in through the nose. Talk to Mr. Vile and play his mini-game. You play 3 rounds. The first round is the only round you will be able to get 30 of these. When the first round starts just collect as many as possible and go to where there are a ton of Yumblies. Press to eat them. If you fail to get 30, just perposly fail round 2 and start over again. Once the round is over you will get the achievement.

Move Master - 15GS
Discover and master all Banjo's moves… and Kazooie's… but nobody else's. Unless you insist.

For this achievement you will need to learn all the moves from Bottles. You should get all the moves learned by the end of Level 7. This achievement is required to beat the game. You do NOT need to do the moves from Spiral Mountain.

Use this thread for a checklist/help.

For extra help check this site out.

Show me the honey! - 15GS
Collect all 24 of the extra honeycomb pieces. Yes! Every single one! It's character-building.

Honeycombs are those 6 sided hidden pieces. NOT the things that the creatures drop. There needs to be 6 of these found in order to form more energy for Banjo and Kazooie. They have no center. There are 6 of these on Spiral Mountain and are 2 on each of the 9 levels. Use this thread for as a checklist and for help.

For extra help check this site out.

688 days left to go!

Last edited by Evil Demon55; 11-21-2008 at 04:43 AM.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:03 PM   #2
Evil Demon55

Evil Demon55's Gamercard

The Quiz Master - 20GS
Complete Grunty's Furnace Fun quiz show and win the Star Prize. Been paying attention?

Ok, there is a good sister to Gruntilda, her name is Brentilda. Whenever you see her (She looks like the tooth fairy) just remember or jot down everything she says to you, you will need it!
This is a board game, try to avoid all of the timer and death card spots at all costs!

Try and get the first joker piece then move along to the 2 blanks and 2 music pieces. Go to the second joker piece and use 1 joker on the timer and the final on the death. Get the second joker and proceed to the end. Use the final 2 joker pieces on the final 2 death spots at the end.

Here is the way: (Joker 1) (Use Joker)(Joker 2)(Use Joker)(Joker 3) (Use Joker)(Use Joker)

Use jokers on EVERY death card you come to!

Make sure to have a joker when near a death card, if you get all joker questions correct, you will have 2 extra joker pieces, use those on time cards or whatever you want.
Blanks have honeycombs on them.
Here is a picture of the game board.

Here is the fasted path:

Thanks to T.B.R.M for D-Pad.

Go to this thread for BIG help!

For the different dialogs, see this thread.

-Locations of Brentilda-
Check this site out for the locations of Brentilda.

Jinjonatored - 20GS
Fear the Jinjonator. If you're a witch, that is. The Jinjonator lays the smack down on witches.

Medium/Hard achievement. Beat the game. Just shoot eggs into the Jinjo on part 5 of the boss against Gruntilda. This will be at medium difficulty if you have been getting all of the other achievements. If you have just ran through the game then this final battle will be hard.

688 days left to go!

Last edited by Evil Demon55; 11-22-2008 at 03:08 AM.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:45 PM   #3
Evil Demon55

Evil Demon55's Gamercard

Jigsaw Maker - 20GS
Bet you thought jigsaws were boring! Bottles disagrees, and has seven of them to be solved.

This achievement will be HARD! You have to complete some moving jigsaw puzzles. By that I mean the picture changes and you also have to flip pieces in a certain amount of time. There are 7 pictures that you will have to do. To start this mini-game, you have to be in Banjo's house in Spiral Mountain. Be standing on the carpet by the fireplace and press and look at the portrait of Bottle's. You do get codes that you return to Level 2, Treasure Trove Cove.
-WARNING-
This achievement will glitch your your other achievements, get this achievement LAST!

Cheating Cheato - 20GS
Bump into Grunty's disowned spellbook three times as it hops around the place dishing out cheats.

You must find all 3 of Gruntilda's spellbooks. Here are there locations and how to get to them.

Book 1. The first book is after BubbleGloop Swamp, level 4. So once you learn how to wear the boots on this level from Bottles just leave and cross the Swamp and turn right into the tube (3 tubes, forward leaves area, left goes to Brentilda and right goes to a pair of boots.) Get the boots on and run through the swamp and behind the enternce to BubbleGloop swamp there is a passage, go through it and once on the other side, go up the hill to the left and break the thing blocking the passage, now return to BubbleGloop Swamp and turn into an alligator. Leave the level as the alligator and go through the tube again and go to the spot where you destroyed the block. Go through there and there is Spellbook 1. (Code is blueeggs)

Book 2. You will need to be a pumpkin in order to get to this spellbook. You will become a spellbook on the Mad Monster Mansion level, which is level 7. Once Mumbo turns you into a pumpkin, leave the level and bounce out of the area. When you are in the volcano area there will be two paths, take the skinny one. Once you get across it there will be a small hole, go through that and there it is, spellbook number 2. (Code is redfeathers)

Book 3. After you have entered the second code come back to the graveyard. Go to the left of the enterence of Mad Monster Mansion and break the fence. Now go into the level and turn into a pumpkin then leave. Once you leave take a sharp right and go through the fence that you knocked down and go into the hole in the door. Go to Mumbo and turn back into Banjo. (Mumbo is in that shack) Beak Bust the sarcophagus in the center of the room. Now jump on the first water switch.

Later on when you leave Rusty Bucket Bay, level 8, enter the alcove holding the grate which you knocked out earlier. This is the room where you first hit the water switch. (Not the one in the graveyard) It is the one with the shrapnel in it. Go to the opposite way to the third water switch. (Go through the pipe) Slam down on this and jump into the water and enter the next room. You have 30 seconds so quickly swim up to the top and enter through the topmost alcove. This is the room with the Rusty Bucket Bay enterence. Inside here, you will find the third and final spellbook.
(Code is goldfeathers)

*For all codes learn you get bonuses, go to Level 2, Treasure Trove Cove and go into the sandcastle. Pound the letters and bonus unlocked.

Book 1 allows you to hold up to 200 blue eggs.
Book 2 allows you to hold up to 100 red feathers.
Book 3 allows you to hold up to 20 gold feathers.

Music Maestro - 25GS
There are 900 musical notes out there in the world of Banjo-Kazooie. Real gamers collect them all…

There is 100 notes on each level. Bottles will say when you have all 100, also everytime you pick 1 note up it says how many you have. They are everywhere and are not hidden, just walk around the whole level and you will find all 100 easily. You CAN die or leave the levels, once you pick up a note you have picked it up for good.

Here is a rough guide for the notes.

-------
If you have info I missed then tell me and I will put in.

Please tell me about and fix my errors, don't say this "you have tons of spelling mistakes looser." Cause there is no point whatsoever in saying that, because YOU ARE NOT HELPING!

I do relise I put 0 (") in my guide, I don't like using them but if you point them out and fix it, I will edit my post and put them in.

688 days left to go!

Last edited by Evil Demon55; 11-22-2008 at 03:07 AM.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:11 AM   #4
Disc07

Send a message via MSN to Disc07

Disc07's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Banjo Tooie is actually the only one that I own and played A LOT when I was younger. Although I do remember renting Banjo Kazooie a lot to beat it... Banjo Kazooie and Super Mario RPG are the only games a really remember renting a lot when I was younger... DANG I CANT WAIT FOR BANJO!

Want to know what XBLA Games are Available on Disc?
Click Here! or Here!
Old 09-29-2008, 10:08 PM   #5
Evil Demon55

Evil Demon55's Gamercard

same! i am about to get the guide up for honeycombs too

688 days left to go!
Old 09-30-2008, 06:19 AM   #6
Disc07

Disc07's Gamercard

awesome! It is kinda cool that people that played the game back when it was released, such as ourselves, can make up an achievement guide essentially out of thin-air for a game that hasn't even been released yet.

Click Here! or Here!
Old 09-30-2008, 06:33 AM   #7
Disc07

Disc07's Gamercard

sorry for doubly posting, but here is some info about some of the stuff you don't have. Just click the achievement names for info.

Move Master - 15GS

Show me the honey! - 15GS

Chomp Chomp! - 15GS

The only thing I can see this being is the mini-game in Bubblegloop Swamp where you have eat more red munchies than the Crocodile... I think Vile is his name.

Click Here! or Here!
Old 09-30-2008, 07:05 PM   #8
Phil709

Phil709's Gamercard
I can't wait for this game now.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:32 PM   #9
Evil Demon55

Evil Demon55's Gamercard

thanks for the info! i used 2 so far and i am going to check on the mr vile thing, i am pretty sure you are right but i totaly forgot bout that minigame till now.

i am also going to check to see if all honeycombs are correct and same with moves, i am pretty sure they are. you thikn they all correct?

688 days left to go!
Old 09-30-2008, 11:38 PM   #10
Evil Demon55

Evil Demon55's Gamercard

watch this vid from youtube, there is more then 30 red munchies, but i think you are right bout it. starts at about 1 min mark

688 days left to go!
Old 10-01-2008, 02:42 AM   #11
killerharu45

Send a message via AIM to killerharu45

II Giffy II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Demon55 View Post
Get Jiggy - 10GS
Collect 2 Jiggies
If the mean Jinjos then you will find these guys easily! There are about 7 on each of the 9 levels, so 2 shouldn’t be too hard, plus they yell at you when nearby.
I'm not too savy on this game (only kind of playing n64 and owning the GBA version), but isn't "jiggie" just another term for the jigsaw pieces?

Finish to Raise Completion %
Resident Evil 5: 1105/1400
GOW: 1020/1250
GOW 2: 1450/1750
Geometry Wars: 170/200

Percentage: 71580/91570 = 78.1%

Old 10-01-2008, 03:59 AM   #12
Evil Demon55

Evil Demon55's Gamercard

mmmh maybe, thanks

688 days left to go!
Old 10-01-2008, 05:48 AM   #13
Disc07

Disc07's Gamercard

yeah i think killaharu45 is right... i totally looked right over that when reading your guide...

Click Here! or Here!
Old 10-01-2008, 05:49 AM   #14
Evil Demon55

Evil Demon55's Gamercard

i bet he is, there is 2 options for jiggies that i can think of and of the 2 jigsaws and jinjos, jigsaws sound more right

688 days left to go!
Old 10-01-2008, 10:19 PM   #15
silentbob0

Send a message via ICQ to silentbob0

UltimateAssault's Gamercard
Of course it's for 2 jigsaws, too bad that there is an achievement for that VILE minigame, that was one of the only parts of the game that annoyed the hell out of me. Can't wait for this though I completed it 4-5 times 100% in the N64 days!
Old 10-01-2008, 10:34 PM   #16
Evil Demon55

Evil Demon55's Gamercard

vile wasnt to bad, i got the hang of it... i was stupid to i ate the yellow things when it was just red as well and barely won.

even if that achievement wasnt for vile, you would still have to do it to get all jigsaws in the game

688 days left to go!
Old 10-01-2008, 10:48 PM   #17
silentbob0

Send a message via ICQ to silentbob0

UltimateAssault's Gamercard
If I remember correctly, to complete the game you can avoid 2 jigsaws in the game, not that there is much point as it's only 2 jigsaws but if you have trouble with 1 or 2 jigsaws you can actually skip them and still complete the game.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:14 AM   #18
Evil Demon55

Evil Demon55's Gamercard

yea i think your right, what i meant was to 100% the game and get another achievement.

Just wondering since i forgot, how did you get red honeycombs to double health? i was playing on my first game and i saw i had red honeycombs then when all red was gone went back full to yellow... forgot how i got that, any1 remember?

688 days left to go!
Old 10-06-2008, 08:09 PM   #19
Amazon XD

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
A lot of mistakes in this guide.

First off, Jigsaw Maker doesn't refer to collecting Jiggies, it refers to solving all seven jigasw puzzles in order to unlock more worlds.

Secondly, there's really no reason to make a guide, simply put, in order to get 200 in this game you need to get 100% in Banjo Kazooie, and find three cheatbooks.

I know there will be a guide, but I'm just saying to all those who listen, get 100% and find three cheatbooks, and you'll get 200.

As I did with Duke 3D, I will be the first in the world to get 200 in this game.
Arcade- 24
Most Proud of- First in the World for Duke Nukem 3D.

Most Recent Complete- Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD

Old 10-06-2008, 10:56 PM   #20
the_b1ues

Radiantmist's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Not if i beat you to it i played this game so much on the N64

Old 10-07-2008, 12:16 AM   #21
Evil Demon55

Evil Demon55's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazon XD View Post
A lot of mistakes in this guide.

First off, Jigsaw Maker doesn't refer to collecting Jiggies, it refers to solving all seven jigasw puzzles in order to unlock more worlds.

Secondly, there's really no reason to make a guide, simply put, in order to get 200 in this game you need to get 100% in Banjo Kazooie, and find three cheatbooks.

I know there will be a guide, but I'm just saying to all those who listen, get 100% and find three cheatbooks, and you'll get 200.

As I did with Duke 3D, I will be the first in the world to get 200 in this game.
I said collect all jigsaws to solve all the puzzles. NOT everyone wants to get 200 in this game, some people might want this achievement and others might want another. Yea I could make a horrible guide that says "100% the game" but would that help anyone?

Also, you mentioned 1 mistake... how does 1 make a lot?

688 days left to go!

Last edited by Evil Demon55; 10-07-2008 at 12:21 AM.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:56 AM   #22
squallgengar

Panthera Leo 86's Gamercard
The 'Jigsaw Maker' achievement may be referencing the jigsaw puzzles found above Banjo's fireplace in his house, not the puzzles found in Grunty's Lair. After all, it says Bottles has puzzles for you to solve...not Grunty. Just a thought.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:27 AM   #23
Amazon XD

Quote:
I said collect all jigsaws to solve all the puzzles. NOT everyone wants to get 200 in this game, some people might want this achievement and others might want another. Yea I could make a horrible guide that says "100% the game" but would that help anyone?

Also, you mentioned 1 mistake... how does 1 make a lot?
I just mentioned the one mistake.

You said you want pointers, why are you biting off my head when I gave you some?

I didn't say you should make a horrible guide that says "Just get 100% in the game", but I'm saying... that's all you have to do.
Arcade- 24

Old 10-07-2008, 06:10 AM   #24
Evil Demon55

Evil Demon55's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by squallgengar View Post
The 'Jigsaw Maker' achievement may be referencing the jigsaw puzzles found above Banjo's fireplace in his house, not the puzzles found in Grunty's Lair. After all, it says Bottles has puzzles for you to solve...not Grunty. Just a thought.
Mmh your right, we will just have to wait and see.

688 days left to go!
Old 10-07-2008, 06:13 AM   #25
Evil Demon55

Evil Demon55's Gamercard

Quote:
I just mentioned the one mistake.

You said you want pointers, why are you biting off my head when I gave you some?

I didn't say you should make a horrible guide that says "Just get 100% in the game", but I'm saying... that's all you have to do.
I didn't mean to bite your head off, it just didn't seem like you tried to help.

You will get every achievement at about 95% in the game, there is 5% worth of secrets in the game, for example that hidden crystal key in the walrus' home on level 5. (Snow Level) Basically beating the game, unless as the other guy said doing that 1 puzzle of Bottles may change that.

(sorry if half that made sense, I'm a little tired atm.)

Edit:
In order to unlock new worlds you have to find a certain number of jigsaw pieces to form the jigsaw, that is wwhy I mentioned to collect as many jigsaws as possible. What confusses me is that there are 9 worlds, why only 7 puzzles?

688 days left to go!

Last edited by Evil Demon55; 10-07-2008 at 06:27 AM.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:06 AM   #26
exo-apollo

exo apollo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:

Wow putting things in bold gives them a false sense of importance doesn't it?

Last.fm
Soundcloud

"If I became a philosopher, if I have so keenly sought this fame for which I'm still waiting, it's all been to seduce women basically." - Jean-Paul Sartre
Old 10-07-2008, 08:22 PM   #27
tweak4ever

Send a message via AIM to tweak4ever Send a message via Skype™ to tweak4ever

tweak4ever's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Jigsaw maker - 20GS
Bet you thought jigsaws were boring! Bottles disagrees, and has seven of them to be solved.

Guide for this soon, they are not too hard to find though.

10 jigsaws per level, there are some jigsaws out of the levels as well.

These are kind of like stars in Mario games. You need a certain number to proceed on and it tells you how many of how many you have per level. Just search for these, they really arn't to hard to find, but I will still make a guide.
you were way off, this achievement is reffering tho the 7 puzzle mini-games bottles offers.

to access them you must go to first-person mode and look at bottles' portrait above the fireplace at banjo's house in spiral mountain.

they are simply puzzles made of moving pictures, and they get harder as you go. each time you win you get a chea you can put into the floor puzzle of treasure trove cove.

I personally remember trying to do this all the time when I was little. The last code you get unlocks the ability to play as a washing machine with the cheat "wishywashybanjo". I only knew this because of the facinating new internet fad. Either way, the last one was extremely hard. I could never beat it. even the new puzzles in banjo tooie were easier...and those were a pain.

Old 10-07-2008, 11:21 PM   #28
Evil Demon55

Evil Demon55's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweak4ever View Post
you were way off, this achievement is reffering tho the 7 puzzle mini-games bottles offers.

to access them you must go to first-person mode and look at bottles' portrait above the fireplace at banjo's house in spiral mountain.

they are simply puzzles made of moving pictures, and they get harder as you go. each time you win you get a chea you can put into the floor puzzle of treasure trove cove.

I personally remember trying to do this all the time when I was little. The last code you get unlocks the ability to play as a washing machine with the cheat "wishywashybanjo". I only knew this because of the facinating new internet fad. Either way, the last one was extremely hard. I could never beat it. even the new puzzles in banjo tooie were easier...and those were a pain.
you sure there are 7 total? cause we were talking about this topic and i wasnt to sure, thanks

688 days left to go!
Old 10-08-2008, 01:36 AM   #29
Amazon XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by exo-apollo View Post
Wow putting things in bold gives them a false sense of importance doesn't it?
Wow, being a complete and total dick makes you look like a... complete a total dick!

Fuck you too, my friend.

Fuck you too, my friend.

Fuck you too.
Arcade- 24

Old 10-08-2008, 04:44 AM   #30
Disc07

Disc07's Gamercard

Quote:
Wow, being a complete and total dick makes you look like a... complete a total dick!

Fuck you too, my friend.

Fuck you too, my friend.

Fuck you too.
Ain't that a little harsh there Amazon, I mean, we are just suggesting changes to help the community to better understand this guide, and your input was put forth in the OP as well as all the others everyone has put together. It's a joint effort, and with so much negativity around, not much will get done with this guide or this community at all.

Just try not to be as vulgar with your words next time, it makes you seem like the 'total dick.'

Click Here! or Here!
Closed Thread