PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-26-2012, 09:48 PM   #1
BGnasty

BGnasty's Gamercard
Cheats disable achievements on other games?

Found this game in my house a few months ago, and I decided to boot it up for old times sake. I'm working through the campaign on hard, and finishing up all the miscellaneous achievements.

After I get the 1250/1250, I was thinking about messing around with some of the cheats and seeing how that went.

Do the codes disable achievements just for Marvel Ultimate Alliance, or other games as well? I read a little into it, but I didn't find anything too descriptive about it.

That being said, it shouldn't really do anything for M:UA, since I would have all the achievements unlocked in the first place.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:56 PM   #2
Decalyn

Siar Ayell's Gamercard
Hmm... That's actually a really good question. I do know that most games that disable achievements when cheats are used also either disable saving or 'mark' your save file in some way to indicate that it's a "cheating game".

Unless by cheats, you mean actual cheating/exploiting rather than cheats built into the game. In that case I haven't a clue.
Decalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:26 PM   #3
BGnasty

BGnasty's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decalyn View Post
Hmm... That's actually a really good question. I do know that most games that disable achievements when cheats are used also either disable saving or 'mark' your save file in some way to indicate that it's a "cheating game".

Unless by cheats, you mean actual cheating/exploiting rather than cheats built into the game. In that case I haven't a clue.
More along the lines of the in-game button combinations that unlock 'God Mode' and the concept art, stuff like that.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:55 PM   #4
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
It won't affect other games. In-game cheats don't universally corrupt your gamertag or anything like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote