PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Sports and Fitness > MLB Stickball
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-13-2008, 08:12 AM   #1
Bishop24

Rare Bishop's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Gold   Subscriber Uno - Winner!   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide and Road Map to 200GS

MLB Stickball Achievement Guide and Road Map to 200
By Bishop24

Overview:

Estimated achievement difficulty: 4 out of 10
Offline: 10 (160 )
Online: 2 (40 ) Every achievement but the “Card Collector” and “Pro Team” achievements can be done in a multiplayer match over Xbox Live.
Approximate amount of time to 200GS: 6-8 hours by yourself. If you're doing the achievements with a friend over Xbox Live, 2-4 hours.
Number of missable achievements: None
Glitched achievements: None

Introduction:

MLB Stickball’s achievements are easy but there are a few that are luck based achievements. You have to hit the basketball rim in Chicago and the water tower in Brooklyn. Hitting these targets is luck and you could hit them in your 1st game or you 100th. But the achievements are still relatively easy and you should get all of them while going for the “Card Collector” achievement.

Step 1:

Play your first game in Brooklyn so you can easily get the “Vandal” achievement. You should also get the “Retire the Side” achievement in that game as well. To get these achievements faster offline simply plug in a 2nd controller and have the 2nd controller throw a lob pitch () and you should get most of the achievements, if not all of them a whole lot faster then if you would play against the CPU.

Step 2 (An easier way to get all of the achievements):

To get all of these achievements easier simply play online against a friend. You can get every single achievement online and you even get credits to buy the baseball cards. So in all reality if you can find someone to play with you online you can get all of the achievements in only a couple of hours. Now if you do play online have your friend throw a lob pitch (), that will help out on you hitting a Grand Slam and help out on you hitting the individual objects such as the basketball rim or water tower. If you need help getting these achievements please post in the Achievement Trading Thread found HERE.

Conclusion:

There it is, 2 very easy steps to getting these 12 achievements. You should have no problem at all getting them unless you can’t somehow seem to hit the basketball rim in Chicago. That is the achievement people seem to be having the most trouble with but just do what Step 2 says and you should have that achievements and most of the other ones within a few short games. If you have any questions please feel free to ask and I’ll try my best to answer them for you.

Now onto the Achievement Guide for MLB Stickball.

Vandal 5 Break any window for an out.

The neighborhood that has the most windows for you to break is Brooklyn as you will be playing in between a bunch of apartments. It is the first neighborhood you play in Tour Mode. To get a better angle at hitting a window I would turn your player when he bats to the left if he bats right and to the right if he bats left so that when he hits the ball it will have a better shot at breaking a window. You have to break the window for an out, if you break it when you hit a foul ball you will not unlock the achievement. As soon as you break any window for an out the achievement will unlock.

Retire the Side 5 Go three up, three down in an inning.

To get this achievement you will need to strike out or get out all 3 batters you face in an inning. If more than 3 of your opponents batters comes up to the plate you will not be able to get this achievement. I found that using 2 controllers works the best. Just have controller 1 throw any pitch and have controller 2 just sit there and not swing.

I got this achievement in my first game vs the CPU. If you try and get it vs the CPU, try your best to get the pitching meter in the green or in the "MAX" area of the pitching meter as the CPU will 90% of the time swing and miss.

Patriot 10 Hit a home run in Boston.

It was extremely hard for me to even get close to hitting a home run in Boston vs the CPU. It is by far the biggest neighberhood in the game which makes this achievement somewhat difficult. So I would suggest either getting this online against a friend or by using 2 controllers and making your 2nd controller just lob the ball to the plate by tapping . Now while batting I would suggest you hit as it is the power swing button. If you have Albert Pujols, Ryan Howard, Carlos Beltran or any other power hitters unlocked they can easily hit a home run in Boston.

Pro Team 10 Collect a full team of pros.

You will have to buy card packs to get this achievement. You will earn points to purchase card packs by hitting home runs, striking out batters, and hitting certain objects in the game(such as cars, water towers, basketball rims, fire hydrants, garage doors, etc.). There is only 4 players per team in this game and since every team starts out with a pro you will only need to get 3 more cards to get this achievement. You can trade cards in for a card of your choice, if you have 3 or more of that same card, to trade a duplicate card in just simply scroll over to that card and hit and then pick the card of your choosing. Just make sure you don't pick a card you already have.

Grand Slam! 10 Hit a grand slam.

A grand slam is when the bases are loaded and a player hits a home run.

To get this you will need to get a player on every base, that would be 1st base, 2nd base, & 3rd base and then the batter at the plate needs to hit a home run when all of the bases are occupied by a player. You can easily do this with 2 controllers or with a friend online.

If you plan on doing it legit make sure you pick a somewhat decent team such as the New York Yankees, New York Mets, Boston Red Sox, Milwaukee Brewers to just name a few. Also make sure the team you pick has at least 2 or 3 pros and a power hitter as that will make it easier.

Skill is All You Need 20 Win a ranked match with a team of amateurs.

If you want help with this achievement please post in the MLB Stickball Achievement Trading Thread. Since just about nobody plays this game online it should be relatively easy to find your friend when searching a ranked match. As always you can try and win this game legit but since there is no online community it might be hard to do.

Shut'em Down 20 Throw a no hitter in a ranked match.

A no hitter is when your pitcher throws a complete game and he allows no hits during the entire game. In the MLB it must be a 9-inning game for it to count as a no hitter but in this game you can throw a no hitter in a 3-inning game or a 6-inning game.

Once again this is easily done with a friend as the chances of you throwing a no hitter in a ranked match is slim to none, as there is no online community for this game and it is extremely hard to throw a no hitter online. If you would like to get somebody from this site to help you out please post in the
MLB Stickball Achievement Trading Thread.

You can get this achievement legit as stated in the above achievement this game has absolutely no online community and even if you found a match for you to throw a no hitter is pretty hard to do. It can be done but it will surely take a few tries if you go the legit route.

I would suggest using a team with a great pitcher such as the Boston Red Sox (Josh Beckett) or the New York Mets (Johan Santana). You will have to unlock them by buying card packs. Which I will tell you how to do a little later on in the guide.

Follow my world of gaming at
:

http://www.BishopsGamingWorld.com/

Last edited by Bishop24; 04-08-2009 at 03:39 PM.
Bishop24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 08:13 AM   #2
Bishop24

Rare Bishop's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Gold   Subscriber Uno - Winner!   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Cycle 20 Hit for the cycle with one player in tour mode.

Hitting for the cycle in Baseball is when a batter hits a single, a double, a triple, and a home run all in the same game.

This achievement is relatively tough since you have to do this in Tour Mode and you can't use 2 controllers in Tour Mode. But use a team that is full with pro's as the pros are obviously better than the amateurs. I would suggest using the St. Louis Cardinals, New York Yankees, New York Mets, or any team that has powerful hitters as you need to get a triple and a home run in the same game and those two are the two hardest to get in this game.

Wagon Wheel 20 Hit the wheel on the barn in St. Louis.

The wheel is in St. Louis on the barn and it is located between the field of hay and the giant water well. This one is not hard to hit but it is surely frustrating.

I suggest going into Exhibition Mode from the Main Menu and use 2 controllers. Have the 2nd controller throw a fastball right down the middle. To throw a fastball simply tap . The achievement will unlock right after you hit the water tower. Or you can get a friend to simply tap in an online match if you don't have 2 controllers.

For Three! 20 Hit the basketball rim in Chicago.

This one is by far the hardest achievement in this game. The basketball goal is located in Chicago and it is in the back driveway to the right. You can hit the backboard to get this achievement as well. So you don't just have to hit the rim to get this achievement.

I suggest going into Exhibition Mode from the Main Menu and use 2 controllers. Have the 2nd controller lob the ball to the plate. To lob the ball just simply tap . The achievement will unlock right after you hit the water tower. Or you can get a friend to simply tap in an online match if you don't have 2 controllers.

Card Collector 30 Collect all 120 MLB® baseball cards.

There is a total of 120 MLB cards in the game and you will earn points to purchase card packs by hitting home runs, striking out batters, and hitting certain objects in the game(such as cars, water towers, basketball rims, fire hydrants, garage doors, etc.). You will need at least 50 points to buy a card pack. Every card pack will come with 3 cards, so you will sometimes get duplicates. By playing through the Tour Mode you should be able to get a good bit of points to purchase some card packs.

Water Tower 30 Hit the water tower in Brooklyn.

The water tower in Brooklyn is located on an apartment roof on the right side. This is probably one of the hardest "Hit xxx in xxx" achievement in this game. Using actual pros instead of amateurs as obvisiously the pros are better than the amatuers. To me the St. Louis Cardinals & New York Mets, once you get one of those teams filled up with pros, are the two teams that have the most power but any team will do to get this achievement.

I suggest going into Exhibition Mode from the Main Menu and use 2 controllers. Have the 2nd controller lob the ball to the plate. To lob the ball just simply tap . The achievement will unlock right after you hit the water tower.
Or you can get a friend to simply tap in an online match if you don't have 2 controllers.

:

Last edited by Bishop24; 01-11-2009 at 03:36 AM.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:04 AM   #3
Parkerktm

Send a message via AIM to Parkerktm

JUST DO IT7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Great Guide!

I am downloading this game this weekend and was going to make a guide but you beat me too it. The forum has only been up for a few hours, right?

How long do you think it would take to 200/200 it?

God Bless America

Parkerktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:18 AM   #4
Bishop24

Rare Bishop's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkerktm View Post
Great Guide!

I am downloading this game this weekend and was going to make a guide but you beat me too it. The forum has only been up for a few hours, right?

How long do you think it would take to 200/200 it?
The forum has been up about a week.

If you have a boosting partner it can take a few hours. Without a boosting partner a little longer. Getting all 120 MLB Cards will take a while as once you get a certain amount of cards you will get a fair amount of duplicate cards. Also hitting the specific items could take one try or a hundred tries. So I would say 5-6 hours min. and 10 hours max.

:

Old 10-17-2008, 09:28 PM   #5
aadams_22

aadams22's Gamercard
Nice guide dude. I found it easiest to hit for the cycle when playing on the Chicago field since the garage doors offer fairly large targets for triples. Also when it comes to hitting the basketball rim, wagon wheel, water tower, etc. I found it easier to use contact hitters since they hit more line drives as opposed to the long fly balls that the power hitters tend to put out there.

Little word to the wise. When it comes to online play avoid gamertag: "DR FKN XBL" at all costs. The very instant you take a lead on him he will quit on you.
aadams_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:40 AM   #6
melwing17

Melwing's Gamercard
Great guide, thank you. I played this game alot the week it came out but haven't really touched it since.

Got it out tonight after looking over this guide... and I hit the basketball rim for that achivement in like the 3rd inning of my first game. I was prepared for hours of attempts....
[SIZE=1]Arcade 100%: Golf: Tee It Up!, 3D Ultra MiniGolf Adventures, Galaga, Dash of Destruction, Uno, Carcassonne, Sealife Safari (#1 on overall leaderboards for most levels), // Retail 100%: Fable II, NBA 2k6, Avatar
melwing17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 12:22 PM   #7
drkltus1

DRKLTUS's Gamercard
nice guide
drkltus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:05 AM   #8
xMidget_Furyx

xMidget Furyx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
i just hit for the cycle when does the achievement pop?

EDIT: it unlocks at the end of the game.

Last edited by xMidget_Furyx; 05-22-2011 at 12:23 AM.
xMidget_Furyx is offline   Reply With Quote