PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Japanese Games (NTSC-J) > RPG > Infinite Undiscovery
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-07-2009, 09:13 PM   #181
Demon9Tom

Demon9Tom's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi View Post
Btw, does anyone know if you can get dragon scales from any other mob than the Quetzelcotl thingy? If not - do I need to score player advantage for it to drop? They're such a PITA to sneak up on.... =/
The only other enemy that drops them is the Lava Glutton in the Underwater Palace which isn't a very good place to get them.

The Quetzalcoatl drops:

S-Class:
- Gold Berry 50%
- Dragon Scale 50%

A-Class:
- Gold Berry 80%
- Dragon Scale 20%

B-Class:
- Garuda Skin 80%
- Gold Berry 20%

C-Class:
- Garuda Skin 20%

So your best chances for getting Dragon Scales is to keep scoring player advantage to get S class drops. I would suggest using either Eugene or Michelle, connecting to them and then using their Astro ability.
Demon9Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:15 PM   #182
Pixi

Mjukbrallan's Gamercard
Yeah, I've been using Michelle. It's just that the buggers see me from a mile off and they fly so erratically that it's damn near impossible to figure out a strategy hehe.

Oh well - I'll keep at it. I just need one more (I hope). Thanks. =)

Edit: I assume it's the ones that spawn in the normal desert - not in SG?

Science flies you to the moon - religion flies you into buildings.
Pixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:18 AM   #183
OberonBarimen

My Advice

Quote:
Yeah, I've been using Michelle. It's just that the buggers see me from a mile off and they fly so erratically that it's damn near impossible to figure out a strategy hehe.

Oh well - I'll keep at it. I just need one more (I hope). Thanks. =)

Edit: I assume it's the ones that spawn in the normal desert - not in SG?
To sneak up on them don't come from the Port Zala side, come from the opposite side. kill the vermiform first and if you do it right yo can kill the one on your right and immediate left. Their flight patterns will change so it depends which one you will kill first. Once you kill them go down to where the one on the right was and turn around and face the one on the far left. You will see there is a rock ledge. if you head for it when it turns around you have enough time to reach the cliff to take cover. It's big enough to cover you if you only have you and Michelle. Astro it to death and head over to where it drops even if it does not drop. this will make the one on the other side of the vermiform respawn. go get the single bird and go a little farther out so that the three respawn. If you go to far the vermiform will respawn as well so experiment with the distance. murder, rinse, and repeate.
OberonBarimen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:38 AM   #184
Korix

Send a message via AIM to Korix Send a message via MSN to Korix Send a message via Yahoo to Korix

Korix x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Gamerscore League Season 7 Winner   Gamerscore League Season 7 MVP   Donator - Level 5   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)

I don't know if anyone else had this problem, but I only got the Lux Baton from the man when I gave him the tail. No yellow berry potion for me.

========================================

Korix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:30 AM   #185
Pixi

Mjukbrallan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by OberonBarimen View Post
To sneak up on them don't come from the Port Zala side, come from the opposite side. kill the vermiform first and if you do it right yo can kill the one on your right and immediate left. Their flight patterns will change so it depends which one you will kill first. Once you kill them go down to where the one on the right was and turn around and face the one on the far left. You will see there is a rock ledge. if you head for it when it turns around you have enough time to reach the cliff to take cover. It's big enough to cover you if you only have you and Michelle. Astro it to death and head over to where it drops even if it does not drop. this will make the one on the other side of the vermiform respawn. go get the single bird and go a little farther out so that the three respawn. If you go to far the vermiform will respawn as well so experiment with the distance. murder, rinse, and repeate.
Ah ok. Yeah, I've been coming from Port Zala.

I'll give your strategy a go. Thanks. =)

Old 01-08-2009, 10:31 AM   #186
Pixi

Mjukbrallan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korix View Post

I don't know if anyone else had this problem, but I only got the Lux Baton from the man when I gave him the tail. No yellow berry potion for me.
I don't think he's supposed to give you a potion. I always only got the baton anyway.

Old 01-08-2009, 03:29 PM   #187
Demon9Tom

Demon9Tom's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korix View Post
Quote:
I don't think he's supposed to give you a potion. I always only got the baton anyway.
I believe your both correct guide edited .
Old 01-11-2009, 12:14 AM   #188
Goobines99

Gubbins99's Gamercard
Oberon can I just say, you are the fucking man for coming up with that method of farming dragon fangs. I was looking ahead at how long it was going to take me to farm them all up and I almost cried. I've started using your method and within 10 minutes I've gotten like 4 fangs, its genious. One question I have, you said that Vic's sneaky scorpion was level 3 when you were using it, how can you tell what level it is and when/if it levels up, do you get some sort of message?
Goobines99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 01:19 AM   #189
jukkakhan

JukkaKhan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Submit - Gold   Road Map - Silver
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobines99 View Post
One question I have, you said that Vic's sneaky scorpion was level 3 when you were using it, how can you tell what level it is and when/if it levels up, do you get some sort of message?
There's no notification when skills level up. When you go into the menu either for assigning their skills or assigning their connect skills, you should be able to press X to scroll though different details of the skill. One of those will be an exp bar.

jukkakhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 05:27 AM   #190
1337Pwner

HummusPlunger's Gamercard
Something I thought should be added is that Mandragoras drop Pius Wood in the Graad Woods section of The Seraphic Gate. You have to kill them in one shot with Reginleif to have the best chance of them dropping it.
1337Pwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 07:01 AM   #191
Korix

Send a message via AIM to Korix Send a message via MSN to Korix Send a message via Yahoo to Korix

Korix x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Gamerscore League Season 7 Winner   Gamerscore League Season 7 MVP   Donator - Level 5   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Submit - Silver
I'm starting to think that a quarter of the creatures in the Seraphic Gate drop Pius wood. I haven't checked, but I probably have 99 of them already.

Old 01-15-2009, 05:38 PM   #192
1337Pwner

I've gone through the Seraphic Gate multiple times and I'm having a great deal of trouble farming Pius Wood. Very frustrating because I need some more for the Sagacious achievement.
Old 01-15-2009, 06:44 PM   #193
jukkakhan

JukkaKhan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Submit - Gold   Road Map - Silver
At the end of Graad Woods SG is where I farmed mine. There should be a group of 3 Hill Gigas that you can surprise when zoning in behind them. If you enchant Capell with Aether Attack and use Grinn Valesti, you can wipe them out real quick.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:31 PM   #194
Pixi

Mjukbrallan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337Pwner View Post
I've gone through the Seraphic Gate multiple times and I'm having a great deal of trouble farming Pius Wood. Very frustrating because I need some more for the Sagacious achievement.
The best (as in easiest hehe) place I found was actually in the first are of Seraphic Gate (Graad Prison). The spiders are pretty generous compared to other item-drops.

Old 01-16-2009, 03:48 AM   #195
iamtehwin
Banned User

IamTehwin's Gamercard
At end of woods in gate just go in and out and kill the three ogres. I had vic/aya/komachi for best drops and got 2-3 wood almost every time. Ended up with like 60 pieces in about an hour.
iamtehwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 06:07 AM   #196
1337Pwner

Ok thanks for the info guys. I'm going to give those Hill Gigas a try and that's honestly my last effort to get this annoying Pius wood. Even the Dragon Fangs were super easy for me to get.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:42 AM   #197
1337Pwner

Ok well it proved to help out a ton.

I definitely think Demon9Tom should have a section before or after all the forging and crafting, etc, achievements telling people how to farm Dragon Fangs and Pius Woods.
The two ways posted are extremely effective and are very quick.

This one is the one for farming Pius Wood:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...&postcount=193

This one is the one for farming Dragon Fangs:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...&postcount=166

Also it would be a nice detail to put in the guide because you need those materials for the Sagacious, Stalwart, and the Summa Cum Laude achievements.
Old 01-16-2009, 04:04 PM   #198
Demon9Tom

Demon9Tom's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337Pwner View Post
Ok well it proved to help out a ton.

I definitely think Demon9Tom should have a section before or after all the forging and crafting, etc, achievements telling people how to farm Dragon Fangs and Pius Woods.
The two ways posted are extremely effective and are very quick.

This one is the one for farming Pius Wood:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...&postcount=193

This one is the one for farming Dragon Fangs:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...&postcount=166

Also it would be a nice detail to put in the guide because you need those materials for the Sagacious, Stalwart, and the Summa Cum Laude achievements.
I've added the link to OberonBarimen's post about Dragon Fangs to both the Compulsive and Achievement Guide.

Farming the Pius Wood from the three Gigas in the Seraphic Gate is already in the guide.

Thanks for your input .
Old 01-17-2009, 01:25 AM   #199
Pixi

Mjukbrallan's Gamercard
I'm on the very last few items now. I got all my gold berries and dragon fangs (and scales) sorted out. All I'm missing now is "Sword of Spades", "Club of Clubs", "Queen of Queens" and "King of Kings". Everything else is aquired unless I've goofed up somewhere along the line.

As for the remaining items - does anyone have any handy tips? I realize Bihar Mines is "teh win", generally speaking, but if anyone have any more specific advice I'd be happy. Is the drop rate bigger in the SG version of the mines, for example? What entrance should i focus on? Do I need to gain player advantage?

And so on... hehe. =)

Old 01-17-2009, 01:43 AM   #200
jukkakhan

JukkaKhan's Gamercard

I got mine in the SG version. I tried the non-SG version first but didn't get any drops. You will need a player's advantage to get them to drop. I got a majority of mine from the first two groups of Lumpers right after you zone in from Luce Plains. Right after zoning, I ran straight to them and nailed them with a Grinn Valesti. Sneaking up a little then using Astro probably would work just as well.

Take note of which Lumper drops which piece since they're all unique to a certain one. Once you get player's advantage, look around for the one you need and focus on them.

Old 01-17-2009, 01:57 AM   #201
Pixi

Mjukbrallan's Gamercard
Allright. Sounds like a plan. Thanks. =)

Old 01-17-2009, 03:01 AM   #202
Korix

Korix x360a's Gamercard

S-Class drop - multiple player advantages on same enemy
A-Class drop - player advantage
B-Class drop - normal battle
C-Class drop - enemy advantage

The percentages I list will put together the chance of a drop in the first place with the chance it's the piece you're looking for.

Outside the Seraphic Gate:
Chalice of Hearts - Lumper Healer - 8% chance for S-Class drop
Sword of Spades - Lumper Leader - 8% chance for S-Class drop
Club of Clubs - Lumper Mage - 8% chance for S-Class drop
Coin of Diamonds - Lumper Marksman - 8% chance for S-Class drop
Servant of Jacks - Lumper Soldier - 8% chance for S-Class drop

Seraphic Gate:
Servent of Jacks - Lumper Baron - 8% chance for both A-Class and S-Class drops
Coin of Diamonds - Lumper Count - 8% chance for both A-Class and S-Class drops
Chalice of Hearts - Lumper Duke - 8% chance for both A-Class and S-Class drops
Sword of Spades - Lumper King - 8% chance for both A-Class and S-Class drops
Club of Clubs - Lumper Marquis - 8% chance for both A-Class and S-Class drops

So, it's much easier inside the gate, but you still need to manage a player advantage on that particular fiend and even then it's only 2 times out of 25 you'd actually get it.

Old 01-17-2009, 03:08 AM   #203
SGT Vejito

SGT Vejito's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
When farming for the Cards I used a different strategy that I found worked a bit more efficiently, (as the above strategy, you can only suprise one of the 2 groups, and they seem to spread too fast after the initial attack) Use the SG version of Bihar mines, as it's easier to respawn the units.

Head in from the Cobasna Timberlands entrance, hug the right wall all the way to the elevator (There is a group inside one of the doors to the left, if you go too close they pull, and you can't activate the elevator inside of combat.)

After you get out of the elevator run up beside the gate to the left of you, beyond that gate (which you can see through as it is not a solid gate,) is a single Lumper group. They will start on the opposite side of the room from the gate you are at, run towards the gate, wait then run back to the other side. If you open the gate right when they turn around to run to the opposite end of the room you can follow them in w/o them spotting you. Hit a Grinn Valesti and you can hit all 5 of them before they spot you, killing them all instantly.

The advantage of this group is how much they bunch together, and the fact that you can engage them every 30 seconds, depending on how fast you can run to and from the entrance. As there are each type of Lumper, every card has the chance to drop, collect all 4 and you're done.

(as you get closer to S class on these Lumpers they also gain the chance to drop a servant of jacks card, 10% if I had to guess, this can help with making multiple king of king trinkets.)

One of these days I'll get my video recording software setup so I can post video guides to stuff like this.

Good luck getting your items.

Last edited by SGT Vejito; 01-17-2009 at 03:10 AM.
SGT Vejito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:25 AM   #204
Pixi

Mjukbrallan's Gamercard
Thanks guys. Only "Club of Clubs" to go now. Once I have that I can make the Queen and King thingies. And that should be it.

Edit: Btw, the single Lumper-group behind the gate strategy thingy is working a treat. Now it's just a matter of time hehe. Thanks.

Edit 2: After much yelling, crying, cursing, pleading (and threatening the TV along with the world in general that I would hold my breath 'til I pass out if the club doesn't jolly well drop) I finally got the damn paper.

Aaand I thought that would be it. But -- since I have the mental capacity of a fruitfly I managed to forget that I also need to keel Leonid and the big, bad queen. Once I have the sword and emblem, though, I should (gawd I hope) be getting the achievement.

Edit 3: FINALLY! I Got the damn achievement hehe. All that's left now is SG on hard & infinity, that 30-hit ground combo thingy and filthy rich. =)

Thank you all very much. Your help and advice has been invaluable.

Last edited by Pixi; 01-17-2009 at 12:20 PM.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:26 PM   #205
Demon9Tom

Demon9Tom's Gamercard

Quote:
FINALLY! I Got the damn achievement hehe. All that's left now is SG on hard & infinity, that 30-hit ground combo thingy and filthy rich. =)

Thank you all very much. Your help and advice has been invaluable.
Congratulations on getting Compulsive, thats the hardest achievement out of the way clear sailing from here on .
Old 01-18-2009, 08:57 AM   #206
Pixi

Mjukbrallan's Gamercard
Hehe dunno about "clear sailing" but at least I don't have to worry about every little insignificant item I come across. =)

Once I have the 1000 I'll be heading over to the Last Remnant forums for more gamerscore hunting. Muaahaha!

Last edited by Pixi; 01-18-2009 at 09:24 AM.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:55 AM   #207
Korix

Korix x360a's Gamercard

Checking the guide to confirm, the Quetzalcoatl in the Seraphic Gate do not drop gold berries. It's just the ones in the Oradian dunes - 8% chance on B-Class, 32% on A-Class, 20% on S-Class.

Old 01-18-2009, 11:23 AM   #208
Korix

Korix x360a's Gamercard

Got a question: You guys keep talking about using connect spells like astro to surprise enemies multiple time. Well, Eugene like to do NOTHING when I tell him to. He'll do Geos, but aim is erratic and only level with his position. Trying to get gold berries from the Quetz birds, he won't cast astro or volt, and there's no guarantee it connect anyway because getting close enough to actually target them brings their attention to you. This applies to dragon fang farming as well.

What am I missing? What is it you guys are doing to surprise these enemies?

Last edited by Korix; 01-18-2009 at 11:25 AM.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:27 PM   #209
Pixi

Mjukbrallan's Gamercard
I used Michelle for all my surprise-needs. Using Astro was no problem, really. I just had to attatch it to one of the buttons in the Skill/Connect menu.

Old 01-18-2009, 03:02 PM   #210
SGT Vejito

SGT Vejito's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Some help for you in tagging Quetzalcoatl's for suprise.

Head into dunes from port zala, hug the inside right wall and wait until the smaller birds spot you and start coming, pull them around the wall away from the Quet's before killing them. Once that is done connect to your caster and slowly come back around the wall, then just watch the Quet's. They patrol in a triangle formation:

................__/
.............._/./
._____......./
/.......\ *
.../
\ ____/
..../

k, there's a very bad rendidtion of how the spot looks like on the map, the Quet's patrolls around the 1, 2, and 3 zones repeatedley, you want to stand where the star is and wait for the bird to hit the 3, once he hits there he will pause for 3 seconds, giving you enough time to get close enough to cast a spell.

Now I use astro with michele, purely because she was the healer I leveled with in infinity (and she sucks compared to eugene, that or infinity mode decided to crank the stupidity level up on not just mobs but your allies as well.) You can use eugene, but I'm not sure of which exact spell would work for him, I'll check my game to find out what spell would work best.

Anyways, cast your spell and it'll go off before the bird has a chance to run far enough away, it should connect and depending on the spells level / your chars intellect should 1 shot it.

You can repeat the same process for the other 2 birds, you just need to take some time first, stand far away and watch them for a minute or two, figure out their paterol rotations, find the point where they are the absolute closest to you, then hit them when they reach there to prevent them from spotting you.

Hope that helps, and I'll go check on what spell to try with eugene.

EDIT:

okay, use Volt, assuming your crafted his best staff, and volt is at level 1 it will do just under half of a quet's health, so hitting it twice will kill them, while still under player advantage. enchant some int +200's if you want to help bolster his dmg until the skill gets higher if you like as well.

in addition, Quet's LOVE to glitch out, I fought 12 birds (4 spawns worth) and 8 of the 12 were glitched, either flying into a wall or just not moving, so you should have no trouble picking those ones off.

Last edited by SGT Vejito; 01-18-2009 at 03:21 PM.
SGT Vejito is offline   Reply With Quote