Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Fallout 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-29-2008, 04:00 PM   #31
wizzard_of_tha_hood

M1A2 NINJA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I talked to bittercup earlier then left, i came back later (after big trouble in big town) and the town is abandoned.. is this right?
Old 10-29-2008, 04:48 PM   #32
geneon101

Send a message via AIM to geneon101

Geneon's Gamercard
when you have to go to the National Archives to retrieve the Declaration of Independence in the main room of the building there are two computer terminals. One is labeled "National Archives Guess And Win!" and the other is "Prize Redemption"
the one on the left is 8 questions. you get them all right and you get a prize voucher.

the answers are: 1-D; 2-C; 3-A; 4-B; 5-D; 6-C; 7-B; 8-D

grab your voucher and you can choose from:
-Glamorously Grape Mentats [+5 Charisma]
-Brilliantly Berry Mentats [+5 Intelligence]
-Observantly Orange Mentats [+5 Perception]

also its not a permanent buff, but useful for a one time thing.

Last edited by geneon101; 10-29-2008 at 04:49 PM. Reason: typo
geneon101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 06:54 PM   #33
haloskinner

I found a way to get Infinite stimpacks,.First you need to have the ammo for the alien blaster,At least 12.Then go to Fort Independence and talk to the guy there and he will offer a job for you to collect technology and trade it to him for stimpacks.After accepting the job talk to him again and give the the alien ammo in exchange for the stimpacks.Get behind him and save right before you pickpocket the ammo back so if you fail you can reload.It takes about 3 to 4 tries to pickpocket the ammo.You get 11 stimpacks per trade for the alien blaster ammo.You can also do this for 5.56 ammo,Frag grenades,or Rad-Away.
haloskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:58 PM   #34
geneon101

Send a message via AIM to geneon101

Geneon's Gamercard
im having trouble locating the town andale in the game. read that its to the south. could i get a more specific answer lol. or a screenshot?

tyty

edit: w00t, found it

it directly south of "Vault 101" and directly to the east of "The Overlook Drive-In" for anyone else thats looking for it

Last edited by geneon101; 10-29-2008 at 09:20 PM.
geneon101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 01:40 PM   #35
TerroristCactus

Terroristcactus's Gamercard
Easy exp!!!

You can gain infinite XP if your speech skill is high enough (with 30 you'll be ok)..
Go to Big Town (north of Vault 101). Speak with a girl named Bittercup: she should tell you about her dating exploits. After speaking with her, go into the house marked "Common House" and speak to a man, Pappy. There should be a speech skill dialogue option that says "You came here with Bittercup, right?" You will get XP every time you click it. Continue to do this and you can rack up XP in mere seconds. Bethesda has not yet patched this glitch so....RUN!!!
TerroristCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 01:46 PM   #36
PatrickTheKing

Send a message via MSN to PatrickTheKing

PatrickTheKing's Gamercard
Cool!

I was in Big Town last night after saving Red & Shorty and bringing them back to safety.
When the Super Mutants came they managed to kill Pappy & Shorty before I could stop them. DAMN!!
PatrickTheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 01:47 PM   #37
BobbyB90

Patriot Ocelot's Gamercard
use this method to get all the karma achievements. Save before levels 8, 14, 20 and change your karma to get them all.

BobbyB90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 01:48 PM   #38
Hot Juicy Pie

Hot Juicy Pie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Any quick ways to change ones karma without gaining too much EXP?
Hot Juicy Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 01:54 PM   #39
Y2KFROST

Y2KFROST's Gamercard
start killing inocent people and steal.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:55 PM   #40
Wsoxrule

Major Mayday923's Gamercard
Lets say I fail the speech once, can I talk to him again and keep trying like that? Or is it once I fail, I can't do the glitch?
Wsoxrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 01:57 PM   #41
BobbyB90

just save before each of the key levels. If u can see the bar just a notch or so to make sure u don't levelup. I'm working on an easy way to convert it karma alliance in big town. But a guy on xbox forums who I heard this off first obviously knows an easy way because he got them within a day. I'm waiting on a message and will spread the news.

Old 10-30-2008, 02:01 PM   #42
BobbyB90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wsoxrule View Post
Lets say I fail the speech once, can I talk to him again and keep trying like that? Or is it once I fail, I can't do the glitch?
Get a speech level of 40 to make it 100%

Old 10-30-2008, 02:06 PM   #43
Wsoxrule

Yea I'm having trouble even getting the speech dialogue up...I talked to Bittercup then I talk to Pappy and the option isn't even there.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:15 PM   #44
BobbyB90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wsoxrule View Post
Yea I'm having trouble even getting the speech dialogue up...I talked to Bittercup then I talk to Pappy and the option isn't even there.
Say something along the lines of "I'm single, have u got a boyfriend?". And she will end the conversation and "did you come with bittercup?" should appear for pappy. I'm on my iPhone so I can't say exactly

Old 10-30-2008, 02:23 PM   #45
Cyan8313

Quote:
Originally Posted by haloskinner View Post
I found a way to get Infinite stimpacks,.First you need to have the ammo for the alien blaster,At least 12.Then go to Fort Independence and talk to the guy there and he will offer a job for you to collect technology and trade it to him for stimpacks.After accepting the job talk to him again and give the the alien ammo in exchange for the stimpacks.Get behind him and save right before you pickpocket the ammo back so if you fail you can reload.It takes about 3 to 4 tries to pickpocket the ammo.You get 11 stimpacks per trade for the alien blaster ammo.You can also do this for 5.56 ammo,Frag grenades,or Rad-Away.
You can use it for any item you can turn in. Ofc alien blaster or the ammo would be the best I think.

But he is also carrying a laser rifle - 5 stimpacks. So you don't neccerily need to go find the alien blaster.
Cyan8313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:31 PM   #46
Stewie Griffin2

Stew1e Griffin2's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Should get this in the mail from Gamefly today. How far do you have to level up to get to them or are they just in the street and there's no prerequisite quests. Should I wait until I get to a certain level to do this so it won't run out and is it like Oblivion where if speech is a minor skill it won't rank you up?
Stewie Griffin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:31 PM   #47
Wsoxrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyB90 View Post
Say something along the lines of "I'm single, have u got a boyfriend?". And she will end the conversation and "did you come with bittercup?" should appear for pappy. I'm on my iPhone so I can't say exactly
Thing is I did that....Oh well no free XP for me.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:02 PM   #48
silvermane

Silvermane360Sd's Gamercard
{andale location} straight down from megaton is the nuka cola factory at the bottom of the map on the map. If you look right above the nuka cola factory you'll see a road its at the top of the road on the left of the factory if your looking at the map.
silvermane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 03:10 PM   #49
osea101
Banned User

osea101's Gamercard
Glitching for the purpose of fun is alright, for a quick achievements No no. Why wouldn't anyone in their right mind just take their time with this game? It's very fun and it's long. Just do multiple run-throughs to get the karma achievements and enjoy the damn game.
osea101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 03:32 PM   #50
BobbyB90

I dont want to go through the game 3 times. Especially if I dont want to be a 'bad' character. I play Fallout the way I want, not being forced to do evil stuff. In fable 2 its get either 100% bad OR good unlike Fallout. So I can play the way I want to and still get the achievements.

Old 10-30-2008, 03:50 PM   #51
Hot Juicy Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by osea101 View Post
Glitching for the purpose of fun is alright, for a quick achievements No no. Why wouldn't anyone in their right mind just take their time with this game? It's very fun and it's long. Just do multiple run-throughs to get the karma achievements and enjoy the damn game.
[Rant] Please read the name of the forum your posting on, then proceed to stfu. These forums are designed for to attainment of achievements, not whiny comments about how a person should be playing the game. I for one enjoy knocking out dumb ass achievements so that I can "enjoy the game" without the hassle of multiple tedious playthroughs just to get that remaining 25+GS. So unless you want to pay us for our copies, don't tell us how to enjoy our games. [/Rant]
Old 10-30-2008, 03:55 PM   #52
Stewie Griffin2

Stew1e Griffin2's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tastey Cake View Post
[Rant] Please read the name of the forum your posting on, then proceed to stfu. These forums are designed for to attainment of achievements, not whiny comments about how a person should be playing the game. I for one enjoy knocking out dumb ass achievements so that I can "enjoy the game" without the hassle of multiple tedious playthroughs just to get that remaining 25+GS. So unless you want to pay us for our copies, don't tell us how to enjoy our games. [/Rant]
Well said. This truely is note the site for the purists.
Stewie Griffin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:07 PM   #53
Tieg

Tieg's Gamercard
Quote:
AMEN brother!!!!

Also, for those who may want to spend a little extra time to get a speech bonus so you can take advantage of this ..."Temporary Advantage" (glitch is such a harsh word lol)....Southeast of megaton is a town called Grayditch I think...something with the term Gray in it...I was doing the survival quest for Moira from Megaton and while I was going to the Alaska Liberation Memorial I stumbled upon this kid who told me his town/family got attacked by these giant fire ants. In the interest of wanting to get the experience for leveling up I followed that quest. Anyhow to make a long story short...when you get into the metro station...if you are persistant in your exploring and explore EVERYTHING you'll stumble upon a holorecording from a guy name Gladys who hints at a key in a fire hose locker which unlocks a safe with a special something in it. That something is a set of pajamas named "night something" that increases your speech by 10. If there anyone wants more detail I can give it providing its in my memory lol....my problem is I get overwhelmed with all the things to do and they start to run together lol. Anyhow good luck.
FRIENDSHIP: A smile. A hug. A touch. A tender thought. Friends are for holding your hand, for sharing your laughter and for wiping away your tears. We all need friends. Even when we're trying to take over the universe. Only then they're just pond-life, to be used for their military knowledge and diplomatic skills, then spat out and urinated on from a great height. Proving their worth as mere stepping stones on the road to your goal as the ultimate leader. That's what friends are for.

Last edited by Tieg; 10-30-2008 at 04:13 PM. Reason: spelling
Tieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:07 PM   #54
deleted24022010

What? You mean you guys dont want to play to Level 20 THREE times for achievements?

/sarcasm off
deleted24022010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:12 PM   #55
BobbyB90

Quote:
Kill the guy in Red's office, then kill the guard at the front of big town. Wait three days and go back and talk to pappy. (Neutral) For evil I killed the guy in red's office then went inside megaton and after the sheriff comes up to you kill him and enough people that run at you to turn evil. Fast travel back to big town and talk to pappy. (evil)
Assuming you can wait with the back button like Oblivion, this is what im talking about. Thanks to 'Jk Status'.

Old 10-30-2008, 04:15 PM   #56
Hot Juicy Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tieg View Post
AMEN brother!!!!

Also, for those who may want to spend a little extra time to get a speech bonus so you can take advantage of this ..."Temporary Advantage" (glitch is such a harsh word lol)....Southeast of megaton is a town called Grayditch I think...something with the term Gray in it...I was doing the survival quest for Moira from Megaton and while I was going to the Alaska Liberation Memorial I stumbled upon this kid who told me his town/family got attacked by these giant fire ants. In the interest of wanting to get the experience for leveling up I followed that quest. Anyhow to make a long story short...when you get into the metro station...if you are persistant in your exploring and explore EVERYTHING you'll stumble upon a holorecording from a guy name Gladys who hints at a key in a fire hose locker which unlocks a safe with a special something in it. That something is a set of pajamas named "night something" that increases your speech by 10. If there anyone wants more detail I can give it providing its in my memory lol....my problem is I get overwhelmed with all the things to do and they start to run together lol. Anyhow good luck.
Naughty Nightwear, my chick is wearing it lol
Old 10-30-2008, 04:58 PM   #57
euanpetrie

FoxUniform's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyB90 View Post
I have tried all possibilities with this, having dialogue that has anything to do with "I'm single, do you have a boyfriend" never appears. She ALWAYS says she has to go, so I don't know where you guys go this info from.

How about posting the correct dialogue sequence to get it to work?
euanpetrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 05:26 PM   #58
haloskinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyan8313 View Post
You can use it for any item you can turn in. Ofc alien blaster or the ammo would be the best I think.

But he is also carrying a laser rifle - 5 stimpacks. So you don't neccerily need to go find the alien blaster.
The alien ammo is the best because you get alot of stim packs and its the easiest to steal.
haloskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 05:43 PM   #59
deleted24022010

Quote:
Any quick ways to change ones karma without gaining too much EXP?
The best way I've discovered to go from good to south is to enter the store in Megaton (if you havent blown it up) and access the terminal on the desk. Then back out and access it again. Rinse and repeat, you'll get negative karma every time you do it, moves pretty fast.
deleted24022010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 05:49 PM   #60
kantizuni

Send a message via MSN to kantizuni

Kant x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Well, killing people is obviously the easiest way to go evil.
My problem is that i've been stuck at NEUTRAL the whole game. Any fast ways to go UP in karma?
kantizuni is offline   Reply With Quote