Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Fallout 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-10-2008, 02:34 AM   #121
New Venari

New Venari's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tastey Cake View Post
Any quick ways to change ones karma without gaining too much EXP?
Access restricted terminals over and over for bad karma.
Donate to the Atom/Rivet churches 10 caps at a time for good karma (reload game after levelling up to get your cash back)
New Venari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 03:56 PM   #122
JonnyBgamer

JonnyBgamer's Gamercard
the dude in girdershade is missing ive loading the earliest game and still missing am i sol and the dude is dead and can't do the cap trick?
Old 11-12-2008, 10:53 PM   #123
naiku

Send a message via MSN to naiku Send a message via Skype™ to naiku

naiku's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrannical Duck View Post
Something to add for the EXP Glitch #2 thing:

When you talk to Bittercup, say "Nice to meet you, Bittercup." Then when she is done, say "I know! no one understands me either!"

Then she will start talking about the guys she's dated. When you go back to Pappy, you'll have that option.
thanks a bunch mate.

My Scorehero Page
naiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 01:50 AM   #124
the_b1ues

Radiantmist's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Ive spoken to Bittersharp and Pappy and i cant get the speach option help me!!

the_b1ues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 08:12 AM   #125
Tem0n

tem0n's Gamercard
In reference to the Karma Acheivements, i found a really easy way to reduce your karma quickly. This is best done when you are very close to your lvl 8, 14 or 20.

1.) Save.
2.) Locate a computer terminal that you are not supposed to access, i used Moriarty's in the back of his pub in Megaton.
3.) Activate the terminal (you should get a karma loss).
4.) Hit 'B' to close the terminal.
5.) While the keyboard is retracting hit 'A' as fast as you can on it and you will hear the karma loss sounds for most of the button hits.
6.) When the terminal activates again, close it and repeat this for a few minutes, until you have the desired Karma.

I went from "Very Good" to "Very Evil" in about 1-2 minutes using this technique and no one had to die.

Hope this is helpful.
Tem0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 03:01 AM   #126
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
i cant find bittercup but i see pappy 0.o
Old 11-16-2008, 11:04 AM   #127
kingkai93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sms4001 View Post
any easy/fast way to get good? i saved right before level 14 because i am neutral karma so i got that one and evil but i cant think of a quick way to become good (i only have about 100 exp till level up on my save) any ideas?
get your hands on lots of purified water (your robot butler can give you five every once in a whiler) then go to rivet city, and next to the top of the bridge there is a hobo, dying of thirst, keep giving him your purified water and you will get some good karma each time, you could also go to paradise falls and kill all the slavers and set the slaves free
kingkai93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:08 AM   #128
Snugglepuffle

Send a message via Yahoo to Snugglepuffle

Snugglepuffle's Gamercard
i just tried this a few days ago and i was getting the exp, but the achievement didnt unlock :S

altho i just kept going with bittercup instead of qitting the conversation. is that where i might have gone wrong?

Snugglepuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 10:55 AM   #129
carl123

Fantastic thread. Does infinite exp mean I can max out all stats?
carl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 08:49 AM   #130
Chrushev

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl123 View Post
Fantastic thread. Does infinite exp mean I can max out all stats?
no because levels cap at 20.

btw.. the infinite speaches doesnt work... neither bittercup nor her friend have the option for [Speech],,, my speech is at 100... and in eed 6 more speech challenges =(
Chrushev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 12:56 PM   #131
SMDoles

SMDoles's Gamercard
Thanks for the tips, should come in handy, much appreciated. Exactly what I was looking for. The search feature in these forums always seem to work perfectly for me.

Anyways, thanks again!!

SMDoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 01:13 PM   #132
firehawk12

firehawk1234's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Another Caps glitch:
Go to the Statesman Hotel and find a holotape called "message to little moonbeam".
Go to the National Archives and help Sydney complete the "Find the Declaration of Independence" quest. SHE MUST SURVIVE, so turn the difficulty to easy or just have her hide if you're afraid she'll die.
After you finish the quest by going back to Rivet City, talk to her about her gun, then about her father, then tell her you have a recording from her father. She will give you her gun.
Do this as many times as you want.

She'll be at the 9th Circle bar in the Underworld after you finish the quest.
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 01:19 AM   #133
tmg100

TMG100's Gamercard
INFINITE EXP 2:
This one you can do with a speech skill of at least 40. First you need to talk to Bittersharp in Big town. Then, go to the Common House in Big Town and find an NPC named Pappy. You will have a speech option of, [Speech, 100%] You came here with bittercup, right? You can select this option all you want for a steady stream of experience.

When i went back to big town no one was there?? i completed the quest in paradise falls, and put the collar on red, is that maybe why there isn't anybody left??!??!
Old 11-30-2008, 04:20 AM   #134
DarkNightRJ

I have found both bittercup and pappy but i cant get that option.

I have also put the collar on red but I still found the people.
DarkNightRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 03:14 PM   #135
Valfor

I got the speek glitch, did more than 50 and i didnt got the achievement

*Edit*
[Just got the achievement i was doing the glitch inside pappy house, after the 50, just exit form his house and the achievement will appear]

Last edited by Valfor; 11-30-2008 at 03:20 PM.
Valfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 03:37 PM   #136
Nicpezer

Nicpezer's Gamercard
I cant get the Sandman XP glitch to work, those kids in Andale never sleep (Maybe it's b/c I took care of the cannibal problem). So when I go to other places where kids are, the option to kill them never appears, did they patch this recently cause I don't remember d/l one?

Some people seem to have issues with the Infinite EXP 2 trick, I figured it had to do with the dialog options you choose when you talk to Bittercup.

What I did was I talked to her BEFORE I rescued their friends in the police station.
The first dialog bit I chose was "Nice to meet you, Bittercup." Then I chose "I know! No one understands me either!" Then just for fun I said; "Who in this town haven't you dated." Then I went to talk to Pappy and the choice "[Speech] You came here with Bittercup, right?" appeared.

There's also another glitch in Big Town where you can kill Timebomb while he's laying in reds place, don't do anything to him, just kill like you would any other creature in the game, go to Reds basement then come back, he should still be alive even though you blew off some limbs. Just kill him again and repeat, you can increase the difficulty, to get more XP. I think you can kill him with your fist, that way you won't break any weapons, I would only recommend doing this if you need to balance your Karma to neutral or if your going the Evil Karma route.

Last edited by Nicpezer; 11-30-2008 at 07:04 PM.
Nicpezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 05:48 AM   #137
DarkNightRJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicpezer View Post
I cant get the Sandman XP glitch to work, those kids in Andale never sleep (Maybe it's b/c I took care of the cannibal problem). So when I go to other places where kids are, the option to kill them never appears, did they patch this recently cause I don't remember d/l one?

Some people seem to have issues with the Infinite EXP 2 trick, I figured it had to do with the dialog options you choose when you talk to Bittercup.

What I did was I talked to her BEFORE I rescued their friends in the police station.
The first dialog bit I chose was "Nice to meet you, Bittercup." Then I chose "I know! No one understands me either!" Then just for fun I said; "Who in this town haven't you dated." Then I went to talk to Pappy and the choice "[Speech] You came here with Bittercup, right?" appeared.

There's also another glitch in Big Town where you can kill Timebomb while he's laying in reds place, don't do anything to him, just kill like you would any other creature in the game, go to Reds basement then come back, he should still be alive even though you blew off some limbs. Just kill him again and repeat, you can increase the difficulty, to get more XP. I think you can kill him with your fist, that way you won't break any weapons, I would only recommend doing this if you need to balance your Karma to neutral or if your going the Evil Karma route.
Thanks, that worked like a charm with those speech options.
DarkNightRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:02 AM   #138
dvsone69

DVSONE69's Gamercard
quick lvls while exploiting glitch

if u have the time to spare, u can use the Big Town speech glitch to max lvl your character without doing any quest or killing very minimal enemies. it took me about 3-5 hrs. when i was born i added 1 point to CHA, you could do 2 if u like. take the G.O.A.T. and tag speech for an extra 15 points. when i escaped the vault i added all points to speech. made my way to Big Town. in a cabinet in the Town Hall building is a Dirty Businessware that yields +5 speech. talked to Bittercup about who she dates then ended the conversation. talked to Pappy and my speech challenge was at 100% and continously chose the speech challenge. the speech challenge yielded 5-40 pts of XP the same as killing any animal or raider.
dvsone69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:05 AM   #139
Aelarin

Send a message via MSN to Aelarin Send a message via Skype™ to Aelarin

HarleyTheMedic's Gamercard
I'm sorry to be the one to tell you, but you're not the first to do that or post about it here.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:16 AM   #140
iamtehwin
Banned User

IamTehwin's Gamercard
And honestly I cannot imagine why you would do that. I mean, is there any reason that this would be usefull other than trying to waste your xbox's shelf life? Theres a whole game out there!!! Play it!
iamtehwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:44 PM   #141
Aelarin

Send a message via MSN to Aelarin Send a message via Skype™ to Aelarin

HarleyTheMedic's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtehwin View Post
And honestly I cannot imagine why you would do that. I mean, is there any reason that this would be usefull other than trying to waste your xbox's shelf life? Theres a whole game out there!!! Play it!
I only used that method to get the karma achievements (didn't make saves for each level on my first playthrough). Didn't feel like playing through another 2 times.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:27 PM   #142
Giant Enemy Cat

Send a message via MSN to Giant Enemy Cat

Giant Enemy Cat's Gamercard
You do know there is a easier and faster way...the Sandman glitch, although you have to be level 14. Why would you sit there for 4-5 hours doing that? It's so stupid...
Giant Enemy Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 05:36 PM   #143
djpj

Djpj 14's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Enemy Cat View Post
You do know there is a easier and faster way...the Sandman glitch, although you have to be level 14. Why would you sit there for 4-5 hours doing that? It's so stupid...
Level 12 right?

When i got level 10 i took the here & now perk which will get you directly to level 11.

Maybe it was smarter to use that to get from 19 to 20 but whatever.
djpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:04 PM   #144
macoz

Tintin VS China's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sms4001 View Post
any easy/fast way to get good? i saved right before level 14 because i am neutral karma so i got that one and evil but i cant think of a quick way to become good (i only have about 100 exp till level up on my save) any ideas?
If you own a house, your personal robotic butler will give you some purified water every 24hrs. So fill yourself up using the wait option and give the water to the bum outside megaton or rivet city. This may take a little while, but hey, what don't we do for the points?
macoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:37 PM   #145
P1TTMAN

Lt Lemonhead's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Hmm... when I talked to Bittercup, I was nice, but I must've chosen the wrong option, because we ended up discussing her makeup...

P1TTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:43 PM   #146
nykc

NyKc77's Gamercard
This game IMHO is EPIC! Well I was going to try for all the achievements in one play through and accidentally deleted a level 12 save. I had a level 13 save but unfortunately was stuck inside Raven Rock at the time. I put many man hours into this game, and am very weary of playing it through again. I am now searching for the quickest ways to level to 14. I enjoyed this game, but I have several others to enjoy as well. I just want the 1000/1000 and be done with it.

So with that being said I am looking for the quickest way to 14 and I don't care how I get it. I got all the good karma achievements already, so maybe I can reach 13 neutral and drop down from there. I just don't want to spend 5 more hours doing it.

Any advice for starting out and leveling up fast? I can do sandman at 10, but remember I will leave the vault a 2!

http://www.nykc.net/gamerscore.html

Looking to Boost:
Duke Nuke-Em 3D; Hardwood Hearts & Spades; MLB 2K8; Turning Point.
nykc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 02:05 AM   #147
Nicpezer

Nicpezer's Gamercard
It sounds tedious but you can get Lvl ten quickly if you do the speech glitch in big town, just use the speech options

"Nice to meet you, Bittercup." Then "I know! no one understands me either!" The first time you talk to her.

This should be added to the first post under "INFINTE EXP 2" b/c the way it's described is kind of vague and I've noticed a lot of people having problems with it.

I also listed a way to get infinite bad karma points and exp by killing Timebomb before you help him out, it's on this post http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...&postcount=136

Last edited by Nicpezer; 12-11-2008 at 02:29 AM.
Nicpezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 01:13 PM   #148
OldBayFries

oldbayfries's Gamercard
There should be a warning about the EXP glitch #2.

Warning!: Your thumbs may fall off!!!!
OldBayFries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:56 PM   #149
RickyMcG

Tricky Rickay's Gamercard
Can someone help me here? I was thinking of doing the Big Town exp trick to gain level 20 and all Karma achievements. I know it is cheap but it is a quick method. I was thinking of just spamming it though, and leaving quests until I reach level 20. My account cant be banned from Live for this, can it? Can someone PLEASE PM ME or post back on here, before I start. Please be truthful guys/girls. Thankyou

Credit to Xerofox for this astounding signature! Thankyou!

RickyMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 12:33 AM   #150
chez88

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMcG View Post
Can someone help me here? I was thinking of doing the Big Town exp trick to gain level 20 and all Karma achievements. I know it is cheap but it is a quick method. I was thinking of just spamming it though, and leaving quests until I reach level 20. My account cant be banned from Live for this, can it? Can someone PLEASE PM ME or post back on here, before I start. Please be truthful guys/girls. Thankyou
You cannot be held responsible for any flaws in the games creation therefore you cannot be banned for xbox live for accidentally using the flaws to gain achievements.

To your question, no you cannot be banned from xbox live for doing this
chez88 is offline   Reply With Quote