Not too far in the future… The global natural resources are on the brink of depletion. As our economies and our way of life tumble into chaos, the superpowers clash to gain control…
Set in a fictional future based upon the headlines of today, F.O.W. brings players into the world's next great war. As society succumbs to a worldwide energy crisis, a new global depression takes hold. Amidst this desperate backdrop, two superpower alliances emerge. Join the battle on the frontlines of tomorrow as the Western Coalition or the Red Star Alliance.
"Imagine the immersive combat of Call of Duty 2 with the non-linear, 'go anywhere do anything' gameplay of Battlefield."
- Tomorrow's weapons, today: As depicted in F.O.W., the U.S./E.U. and Russia/China have combined their military research and budgets, and the result is over 60 next-gen vehicles and weapons inspired by military designs for the near future. This includes remote controlled drones, gun cams, and next-generation counter-measures systems, all of which are player-controllable.
- Advanced information sharing: Use high-tech combat systems to collect and relay recon, targeting, and threat information between team mates. Target acquisition and sharing between vehicle occupants is just one example of F.O.W.'s focus on an advanced team play experience.
- Customization: The customization system allows players to grow their soldier to fit their play style by choosing a weapons loadout, as well as a technical specialization (role). As the game progresses each role will upgrade, providing advanced equipment and abilities. The system is a mix of RPG-like depth but with the accessibility of a fast-paced FPS.
- Frontline combat system: The main game mechanic featured in F.O.W. in both in single player and multiplayer, is the ability to join the forces on the front line. This front expands across large portions of a mission and will require a strategy to achieve the contextual objectives in order to move this front forward. Not only does this system keep the battle centric and players in the midst of the action, it gives a unique sense of advancement as your Division is rewarded with territory for their victories.
- Choose your path to victory: Within the front, players can take advantage of a sandbox of destructible elements and various weapons of war to create their own unique paths and strategies. Instead of failing and re-playing the same sequence of events, players can 'chip-away' with varied approaches, allowing diverse missions with high replay value.