PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Turok
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-04-2008, 07:41 PM   #1
matthew772008

stuck

I am stuck when you have to face the first t-rex! Can anyone tell me how to get passed it?
matthew772008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 11:52 PM   #2
SouP x360a

SouP x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Heres the strategy i used (i did not use the shotgun because i was going for the "Sell your Shotguns" acheievement).

When the fight starts take out the knife (to run faster) and get under the tree in the middle. Take out your secondary, which is hopefully a pulse rifle. Now basically shoot the crap out of the trex with the pulse rifle, and when it stops moving shoot a pulse grenade (RB with the pulse rifle) under it. It will take some time, but the trex will eventually go down. When it goes down run out with your knife to the back of its head and use it to do a little cutscene where you run up and stab it in the eye. Thats the fight, basically. While this fight is going on the trex will sometimes jam its head into the tree your under. All you need to do is back away from it and light up its face.

If you dont have the pulse rifle with you, i suggest just using the shotty or arrows to its face whenever it pops its head in.

Good luck!

SouP x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:44 AM   #3
matthew772008

Thanks! that helped me get passed it!
Old 02-05-2008, 12:48 AM   #4
SouP x360a

SouP x360a's Gamercard

No problem, and welcome to x360a.org!

Old 02-05-2008, 01:41 AM   #5
matthew772008

Do you got any other tips for the rest of the game? I am not very good at it!
Old 02-05-2008, 03:57 AM   #6
SouP x360a

SouP x360a's Gamercard

A few I can think of:

1) With enemies, MAKE SURE THEY DIE. The guns are weak as hell and I can't tell you how many times ive shot a guy down and turned away only to get shotty'd in the back.
2) If you see enemies far away, and they dont see you yet, take out the bow and get a few easy stealth kills.
3)If you see a guy in the open dont try to knife him, you may be shot while doing the stabbing.
4) If a pack of raptors comes, my favorite technique is to pull out the knife and go on a throat-cutting, eye-stabbing death spree. That sounds grisly, but it easily eliminates them.
5) Don't get too frustrated if you get stuck, sometimes you just need to take a different approach.
6) And of course, RUN PAST THE SPIDER TANK!

Feel free to post any questions you have or need help on any problems you encounter =P

Last edited by SouP x360a; 02-05-2008 at 03:57 AM. Reason: i luv editing
Old 02-05-2008, 07:35 PM   #7
bonkd1nk

bonkadink's Gamercard
Instead of making a new topic, I'll post it in here.........How the hell do you beat the eel (or whatever the hell it is) boss? I have used all explosives, every shotgun round and he just doesnt die! What is the "secret" to beating him?
bonkd1nk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:07 AM   #8
SouP x360a

SouP x360a's Gamercard

Ok, the water boss.

He isn't like the trex, you cant just pump lead into him.

With your flamethrower, position yourself next to a lava vent with gas coming from it. When the boss dives at you headfirst, shoot the gas with the flamethrower, and it will explode, damaging the boss. Continue doing this until it dies.
Attack to watch out for are:
Swinging Tentacle: He swings his tentacles sideways at you. You can shoot them to stop them, but i found it much easier to just backup against the cave wall where he cant reach you.
Rock Throw: He basically just throws a rock. Pretty easy to predict, just use the dodge move to jump away.
Stalagmite throw: Throws the giant stalagmites hanging from the ceiling. A little tougher to dodge then the rock, just keep using the dodge move.
And be careful, he can physically eat you too! So watch out!

Old 02-06-2008, 04:25 AM   #9
matthew772008

Thanks but i am stuck once again! after i beat the t-rex and you meet back up with everybody at the crash site i think it is and the guy gets shot with the bow, and after that a bunch of guys keep coming i can get passed them but then they drop off the guys with the turrit like guns i don't know what there called but i can't get passed it!
Old 02-06-2008, 02:45 PM   #10
SouP x360a

SouP x360a's Gamercard

Those guys with the chain guns are wearing heavy armor, so this means a few things. They can take a little more damage then other enemies, and they cannot be knifed. Good things to do for them is to use the bows secondary function, or after you kill one take his chain gun and deploy it/use it against the others. Just don't try going 2v1 with these guys because two chain gunners will kill you fast.

Old 02-06-2008, 02:47 PM   #11
vhayste

Send a message via MSN to vhayste

paul vhayste's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Thanks for the tips as well. I haven't played the game long enough to reach that fight so thanks.

http://vhayste.blogspot.com
Ah... Firefox and Adblock. Great combination.
vhayste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:11 PM   #12
matthew772008

thanks i will have to try that!
Old 02-07-2008, 04:59 AM   #13
v SnOwMaN v

CW Rozay's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupb0y View Post
Those guys with the chain guns are wearing heavy armor, so this means a few things. They can take a little more damage then other enemies, and they cannot be knifed. Good things to do for them is to use the bows secondary function, or after you kill one take his chain gun and deploy it/use it against the others. Just don't try going 2v1 with these guys because two chain gunners will kill you fast.
Or you can do what I did and pick up the sniper rifle and just pop them in the head, but you have to slowly walk out so you don't get hit with the mini guns.

U N P L U G Y A E T H E R N E T B O Y

v SnOwMaN v is offline   Reply With Quote