PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Card and Board > Monopoly
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-27-2008, 08:23 AM   #31
ProjectSix

Send a message via MSN to ProjectSix

ProjectSix's Gamercard
The achievement 'Jet Setter' is not nearly as easy as the guide suggests.

In order to get this, you need to own all properties on all boards at one point or another. I suggest playing through and getting other achievements, and after that you will probavly have a few properties per board that you haven't previously owned. To check this, click the blue book icon before starting a game and scan through the boards.

You need to acquire all properties through normal or developer game modes. In order to unlock the cardboard board you need to aquire all properites on the other 8 boards. Then you can play the cardboard board and buy all those properties to unlock it. It should immediately unlock once you own all properties on the cardboard board.

I found the easiest method once I had most of the properties was to play a normal game with 4 human players using one controller. Whenever I landed on any unowned property, I would auction it then buy it for the minimum amount with player 1. Keep track of the properties you need using that little blue book before selecting a board to play on. Write them down if you need to. Keep rolling around until you buy the properties you need, then you can quit. It does take a while. Don't buy any houses or hotels and the other players should be able to roll around long enough for you to get the properties you need. Once you get them all, you can just quit or start building houses/hotels to bankrupt the other players and move onto the next board.

Good luck
Old 10-27-2008, 09:01 AM   #32
rdrunr89

rdrunr89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
[quote
Sight Seer-20 Unlock a passport. Awarded to the passport holder.

You unlock passports by winning on specific boards. I got this achievement after the first game I played so you should as well. Just make sure you win the game and the achievement should unlock.

*You can use 2 controller to help you get this achievement*

[/quote]

I'm not sure about this. My wife and I played and I unlocked the achievement and I think I owned about 3 or 4 properties. She wound up winning the game overall and never got the achievement.

Thoughts?

HEY! That Thing Got A Hemi?

rdrunr89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:25 PM   #33
ProjectSix

Send a message via MSN to ProjectSix

ProjectSix's Gamercard
Quote:
I'm not sure about this. My wife and I played and I unlocked the achievement and I think I owned about 3 or 4 properties. She wound up winning the game overall and never got the achievement.

Thoughts?
To fill a passport book, you need to have owned all properties on that board at least once at some time or another. This can be in normal or developer game modes. It doesn't matter how long you own it or if you have it at the end of the game. When you get a new property, you'll see that blue book pop up.

Maybe you had played previous games on that board, or had more properties earlier in the game.. either way, there was at least one property your wife had not owned at any point for that board.

You can click the blue book before selecting a game board to scan through and see which ones you have for each board.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:06 AM   #34
Grumpy Jedi

Grumpy Jedi's Gamercard
From the Flames Guide

From The Flames-50 Come from last in the previous round to win overall in any mode of Richest

I used four controllers so that I could control all four "human" players and made sure that I was in last place and that the other 3 were pretty even. In fact, I even went into the last round with no properties.

After the mini-game, I picked the low number die for myself and used the high number dice for the others. The key for me was Community Chest, which they each landed on. This allowed me to steal properties that the other players were sitting on. By doing that, I was able to not only steal those specific properties, but also acquire others via rent. This is even more effective if you steal a monopoly that another player is sitting on. I wound up winning by a comfortable margin ($3,000 or so).

That was the last one; 1000/1000 for me.
Grumpy Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 12:22 PM   #35
rdrunr89

rdrunr89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectSix View Post
To fill a passport book, you need to have owned all properties on that board at least once at some time or another. This can be in normal or developer game modes. It doesn't matter how long you own it or if you have it at the end of the game. When you get a new property, you'll see that blue book pop up.

Maybe you had played previous games on that board, or had more properties earlier in the game.. either way, there was at least one property your wife had not owned at any point for that board.

You can click the blue book before selecting a game board to scan through and see which ones you have for each board.
This was the first game that I played. I thought the achievement unlocked for my wife because it was on her turn (she has her profile) but it showed up under me. she never got the achievement and she bankrupted all the players so she had control of the entire board.

I don't know...

HEY! That Thing Got A Hemi?

rdrunr89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:56 PM   #36
scourge

Blood Leak45's Gamercard
going to be renting this soon

scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:25 AM   #37
Ultra_extreme

Couple of tips

1) 1 game of tycoon or even industrialist on any board should see all properties purchased, this will fill your passport for this board. Each game takes about 40mins with 4 pads easy money

2)Play Classic mode with one pad 2 players. All achievements will unlock on your profile regaurdless of which player achieves them, for example if you play a 2 player game to completion with one pad. When the game ends (with one player going bankrupt) you will get the achievment for winning a game by bankrupting a player and the Achievment for being bankrupted. this goes for all other classic mode AP's you should get them all in one game if you know monopoly.

3) the game unlocks end of mode achievments (in richest) before it saves. So if you turn the console off just after the AP unlocks you can reload the last round and change the outcome. I used this to get

He who controls the dice (win every mini game in developer)
Last but not least (win all mini games but dont win)
A quick Victory (Win a game of developer)
From the flames (Come from last place in the final round to win)

in one game!

Basically i played developer with 4 pads. Won every mini game and chose whatever dice i felt like. made sure i had very few properties throughout (easy with control of all 4 players) ended R5 in last place. Pick a low dice for the 6th round. Upon finishing mini game 6 you will unlock "he who controls the dice". Then pick a low die and hope the game allows you some fortune (it seems to favour the lastr place person, i always get community chest and the ability to take over occupied squares in clockwise sequence, i often end the game with all the properteies lol) upon winning you will unlock

A quick victory
from the flames

Restart the console immediately after unlock

Go back into richest-developer and load game

now just lose instead (is actually a bit hard lol)

unlock last but not least

fairly economical round

Another TIP To unlock the pasports quicker just load up a game of developer on a board you need passports for, then just play the first round, the passports will unlock for all properties landed on. Click A as player one to speed through the property allocation then quit and repeat. do two or three times per board and then go back through clearing up the last few on each

IMPORTANT!- this needs to be done with multiple pads, passports DO NOT unlock for locations bought by the computer only by humans. 4 pads with a good roll will unlock 20 properties or more !!!To save the progress in your passport you must advance past the leaderboard to the next round before quitting out!!!

Bring it on.

Last edited by Ultra_extreme; 10-29-2008 at 01:58 AM.
Ultra_extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 05:53 PM   #38
DRCL

I Diablo D3E I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Question about Globe Trotter..

Does the one player have to land on all.. Or can this be combined through all players?

'Cause I was playing as all four with one controller & I thought I could get this once all spaces were owned, but I haven't got it..

So, how exactly does this work out? I have to be lucky enough with one player to land on every SINGLE space? :\

Thanks for the help.

-My luck is a bit low as I can't get the luck achievements with the doubles.-
DRCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:19 PM   #39
Ultra_extreme

For the globe trotter AP you need one player (player 1 i believe but it might not matter which on one pad) to land on every property in one match. Just play 2 player on one pad and go round and round only buying property with one player to show where he's landed

Bring it on.
Ultra_extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 01:49 AM   #40
NiteJokester

NiteJokester's Gamercard
All of the achievements can be done with 2-4 controllers which makes it alot easier. lol

NiteJokester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 08:24 PM   #41
x Quikbaud x

Send a message via AIM to x Quikbaud x
only thing that sucks about playing this game is the fact that you can't hurry it along. My g/f has the old version of Monopoly Party for PS2 and you can just press A to skip the movement of the pieces and that stuff and turn off the commentary. unless i'm missing something you can't in this game and it's kind of annoying
x Quikbaud x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:23 PM   #42
My BR Is Evil

Frankie Kramer's Gamercard
For the globetrotter achievement do you have to land on every property in one game and does it have to be in classic or can it be in richest mode.
My BR Is Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:26 PM   #43
Bishop24

Rare Bishop's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Gold   Subscriber Uno - Winner!   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by My BR Is Evil View Post
For the globetrotter achievement do you have to land on every property in one game and does it have to be in classic or can it be in richest mode.
I'm pretty positive it has to be done in one game (I've landed on every property over several games and have not got the achievement) and it can be in either mode as it does not specify in the achievement description what mode it must be done in.

Co-host of the "Press A to Listen" podcast:
:

http://www.PressAtoListen.com
Bishop24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:00 AM   #44
J eVeRy DaY 514

J eVeRy DaY 514's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop24 View Post
I'm pretty positive it has to be done in one game (I've landed on every property over several games and have not got the achievement) and it can be in either mode as it does not specify in the achievement description what mode it must be done in.
for globetrotter: by every property, does it mean any space purchasable or every square that can be landed on?
i have landed on every purchasable property (but have not bought all properties i've landed on) does this matter towards getting the achievement?
Old 11-18-2008, 03:13 AM   #45
Bishop24

Rare Bishop's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Gold   Subscriber Uno - Winner!   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by J eVeRy DaY 514 View Post
for globetrotter: by every property, does it mean any space purchasable or every square that can be landed on?
i have landed on every purchasable property (but have not bought all properties i've landed on) does this matter towards getting the achievement?
It should not make a difference as the achievement description says just land on every property. It does not say buy every property. Are you sure you've landed on every single property on the board and that you have not missed one by mistake?

:

Old 11-18-2008, 05:11 AM   #46
J eVeRy DaY 514

J eVeRy DaY 514's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop24 View Post
It should not make a difference as the achievement description says just land on every property. It does not say buy every property. Are you sure you've landed on every single property on the board and that you have not missed one by mistake?
yeah i'm postive I have, i'm using a print-out checklist. the only thing i can think of is that i've quit the game and come back in. or perhaps i accidently marked something off. but thanks for the clarification bishop.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:40 PM   #47
YouStayClassy

YouStayCla55y's Gamercard
Another tip I don't believe I saw on here... you need four ACTUAL controllers to play this game. Guitar Hero controllers do work for Classic mode but not Richest as you need analog sticks to select things.

I can't wrap my head around they let you use one controller for four players in Classic, but not Richest. I honestly don't think I have the patience to play this abysmal game legit with one controller to get all the achs.
Old 11-28-2008, 01:39 AM   #48
Brahmabull981

BrahmaBull981's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStayClassy View Post
I can't wrap my head around they let you use one controller for four players in Classic, but not Richest. I honestly don't think I have the patience to play this abysmal game legit with one controller to get all the achs.
How are 4 players meant to compete against each other in the minigames at the same time if there is only one controller?

That is the reason.
Brahmabull981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 02:34 PM   #49
spilner100
Banned User

Spilner's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
for the first monopoly achieve, its not any real currancy u need its monopoly money so its the same for every country
spilner100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:22 PM   #50
Elekid

Elekidcore's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Donator - Level 1
Just popped this game in and within the first 5 minutes managed to get 9 achievements thanks to this thread.

Now to figure out how to turn the in-game music off so I can stream music via internet.
http://www.soundcloud.com/elekid - Hard Dance (US Hard House, Jumpstyle, Tekstyle, Hardstyle, Tech Dance), Schranz, Hardcore (Happy Hardcore, UK Hardcore, Freeform, Gabber, Frenchcore, Speedcore), Breaks, Trance, and Mash Up mixes. Also original US Hard House, Jumpstyle, & Tekstyle tracks and remixes.

Elekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 01:01 AM   #51
Don Manolo

don manolito's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver
To get the jetsetter achievement faster, start up a game of developer with four controllers on the board you need to own properties on, do the first minigame chose what ever dice this all doesn't matter... when it asks you to speed up the round choose YES, then just finish the round until round 2 started now just quit out and all the properties you just owned in this quick run got saved, just start over another 1round speed run until you get all of them... Just don't forget to quit out only when round 2 has begun.

Thanks to the_b1ues for the sig!
Don Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:36 PM   #52
Ketchup Killer

Ketchup Killer's Gamercard
Great guide. Thanks for posting it up. Helped me out!
Old 12-07-2008, 10:47 AM   #53
xxXI Dave IXxx

xxXI Dave IXxx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Manolo View Post
To get the jetsetter achievement faster, start up a game of developer with four controllers on the board you need to own properties on, do the first minigame chose what ever dice this all doesn't matter... when it asks you to speed up the round choose YES, then just finish the round until round 2 started now just quit out and all the properties you just owned in this quick run got saved, just start over another 1round speed run until you get all of them... Just don't forget to quit out only when round 2 has begun.
Should add this to the guide.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:31 AM   #54
Bishop24

Rare Bishop's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveOgden93080 View Post
Should add this to the guide.
Just added it to the guide and gave Don credit.

:

Old 12-13-2008, 05:21 PM   #55
Don Manolo

don manolito's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver
Thanks, whatever I can do to save my fellow achievement-whores some time to get those achievements lol

Thanks to the_b1ues for the sig!
Don Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:54 PM   #56
Elekid

Elekidcore's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Donator - Level 1
I don't believe you have to own all of the properties in order to achieve the Jet Setter achievement. I got it today and all that happened was I would land on a space that I hadn't landed on yet and it put the stamp in the book. This meant that if I landed on a space owned by another player (either computer or human), I'd still get it.
http://www.soundcloud.com/elekid - Hard Dance (US Hard House, Jumpstyle, Tekstyle, Hardstyle, Tech Dance), Schranz, Hardcore (Happy Hardcore, UK Hardcore, Freeform, Gabber, Frenchcore, Speedcore), Breaks, Trance, and Mash Up mixes. Also original US Hard House, Jumpstyle, & Tekstyle tracks and remixes.

Elekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 05:50 PM   #57
Invader999

wdog999's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
About "Jet Setter", after a game on a board that you just unlocked, on a piece of paper, write down the properties that you still don't own, and start a classic game and cross out properties as you buy them. If instead of you getting a property, another player gets a property, you'll still get the stamp for it the minute that player gets that property.

Join my 360voice challenge!
http://www.360voice.com/join/R9B4OXEE
Invader999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:08 PM   #58
bombfirst885

II bombfirst II's Gamercard
Guide looks good. Just curious as to why no Road Map though? I'd love to have a starting point, and knowing how to go forward.

Last edited by bombfirst885; 03-17-2009 at 05:52 PM.
bombfirst885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 09:22 PM   #59
KSizzle

KSizzle BW's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
This is a really great guide! Just rented this. This has everything I need for a quick 1k thanks!
Old 04-04-2009, 03:19 AM   #60
A 2rue boofer
Banned User

A 2rue boofer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
nice guide I will have to rent this game it seems pretty easy
A 2rue boofer is offline   Reply With Quote