Old 01-20-2009, 08:02 PM   #332
DemonI81
Banned User

vI Demon Iv's Gamercard

Awards Showcase A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjaw x View Post
Length is a major factor in calculating the achievement difficulty.
I'm sorry, I just don't see how long length means hard. Like Seriously 2.0 in Gears 2, it's not hard at all, you just boost it in the SP. It takes a long time, but insanely easy to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt realist View Post
i'm about to start playing the story mode for the firsttime. my question is..would i still get the achievements if i play the game on EASY or does it has to be on a specific difficulty setting? ALSO...i understand that i have to get all the north achievements before going to the south. my second question is.....do i have to start the first main missions for each sides first before working on the north achievements and south achievements?
Difficulty does not effect achievements.
Start the main missions, make sure to subvert every one of them. After each main mission, look for side missions to become available. Check the weapon shop for convoys to hit, cell towers for jobs, etc... Each side has 3 main missions per area, if I remember correctly. Make sure you've found all your buddies and done all cell tower and convoy missions before doing the 6th main mission in the North. Don't worry about meds, you will get the missions to get new meds as you need to, it's related to main missions, so check your map after every one for a marker on the church telling you there's another med mission available.
I haven't played this game since the 2nd week it was out, so if I'm a little off, I apologize. Just make sure you fully read the guide first, so you know what you have to do, you don't wanna have to replay this game, to do all the SP achievements it'll probably take 30-40 hours. Those diamond cases suck ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXBainsyXx View Post
Its hard to get the 8v8 one coz ppl always quit at the end
Either that or the host decides to boot someone for no reason. Who the hell thought giving the host the power of God in a Ranked match was a good idea should be shot.
DemonI81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:08 PM   #333
Blackjaw x
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to Blackjaw x

Modern Leper's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Silver   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonI81 View Post
I'm sorry, I just don't see how long length means hard. Like Seriously 2.0 in Gears 2, it's not hard at all, you just boost it in the SP. It takes a long time, but insanely easy to do.
So you think Far Cry 2 is easy to get 1000 in... so you think it could go on the easy 1000 list... so you would recommend someone to go rent it, because they can "easily" finish it.

Hahahaha.

A game that takes 400 hours, whether or not those 400 hours require skill, is much more difficult than one that takes 10 hours but with skill. You can learn to beat a challenging game in far less than 400 hours.

Skill is relative.

I suck at avatar. I find it takes incredible skill to get the combo multiplier that high. I tried my best and could only get the first achievement. Is avatar a more difficult 1000 than Far Cry 2?

"Difficulty" includes both skill and time required.
Blackjaw x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 03:25 AM   #334
BONECRUSHER

PR BONECRUSHER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
I'm going to be starting this game between this or next week. Just one question??? What does subvert mean?? What are you referring to???
Thanks in advance.

Nothing to FEAR, but FEAR itself.
Brooklyn born, Made in Puerto Rico!!!
BONECRUSHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 03:56 AM   #335
DemonI81
Banned User

vI Demon Iv's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BONECRUSHER View Post
I'm going to be starting this game between this or next week. Just one question??? What does subvert mean?? What are you referring to???
Thanks in advance.
When you get a main mission, a minute or 2 after it starts (Red circle), you'll get a phone call from a buddy. Go to him/her (Blue circle) and do their mission instead of the main one. You'll still do the main one, but you'll do extra for a buddy. This is subverting.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:46 AM   #336
Gaagie

Gaagie's Gamercard
Thanks I think I'll be needing this
Old 01-22-2009, 10:28 PM   #337
wgpfly

Elmo TeH AzN's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Pics Dont Work For Guide

Current Goals
200K 75% Completion.
wgpfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:48 PM   #338
the_b1ues

Radiantmist's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
They do work im looking at them now.

the_b1ues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 07:16 PM   #339
martdude16

KILL3R N4SH's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
For the 'Third Faction' achievement do the buddies have to survive or as long as you picked them up before they died/disappeared does it count?

EDIT: Just seen it in the guide. The answer is no they don't.

Last edited by martdude16; 01-25-2009 at 08:27 PM.
martdude16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:41 AM   #340
doylepaul

paul doyle's Gamercard
The southern map only has 104 diamond cases, where is the 105th?
doylepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:56 PM   #341
Stridstiss

Stridstiss's Gamercard
I have 112 diamonds, 6 buddies and 9 (8) jackal tapes, am I ready to go south?
Old 02-04-2009, 11:52 PM   #342
DemonI81
Banned User

vI Demon Iv's Gamercard

As far as I remember, yes. I know there's 6 buddies and the 8 tapes, well 9.
The cases... I would drive around each sector, check you map in each one and make sure it says you got all the cases in each sector. I can't remember how many cases there are in the North and South.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:57 AM   #343
LAGRIFFE2007

LAGRIFFE2007's Gamercard
ok i used this guide and i have few questions

is there a buddy location map with their respective names?
what can u miss and or not in order to earn the diamonds achievement?
(i know about the tower cell glitch)
i m supposed to start south district and i have 14/33 main missions 5/12 buddy missions 15/40 subvert missions 3 rebel missions done and 382 diamonds since u guys are smart could you put the exact /correct mission stats we need to have before we are about to go south district?

guides looks good but it seems to need some fix like the 112 north district diamond hidden by the -ZOOM from paint and if i do remember correctly i remember i found one that actually wasnt pointed in the map but it was days ago so i dont remember exactly which one

i think the best thing would be a walktrough achievements guide so everyones happy!!!! thx for all the efforts and no this game is easy as hell!!

Cheating AIs have to admit that they are a pain in the ass!!sometimes xbox live boosting partners TOO!!!
LAGRIFFE2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:51 PM   #344
dtonj10

Ok, where EXACTLY is the crashed plane? I went to the very north part of the middle north section of the north territory and I searched and couldn't find it.

Also, in the square km section in the north with Pala in it (the middle section of the north territory), 13 diamond cases are present. On your pictures some diamonds on the map are orange, explanation? I tallied 12 diamonds on your map that were normal blue, and on my map in-game I have 13 already, but one of my thirteen was a case that you get after finishing the very first mission from Mike's Bar. Any help?

Thanks
dtonj10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:09 AM   #345
LAGRIFFE2007

LAGRIFFE2007's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtonj10 View Post
Ok, where EXACTLY is the crashed plane? I went to the very north part of the middle north section of the north territory and I searched and couldn't find it.

Also, in the square km section in the north with Pala in it (the middle section of the north territory), 13 diamond cases are present. On your pictures some diamonds on the map are orange, explanation? I tallied 12 diamonds on your map that were normal blue, and on my map in-game I have 13 already, but one of my thirteen was a case that you get after finishing the very first mission from Mike's Bar. Any help?

Thanks
man i wish i could help you there lets wait for few days someone will answer this

Cheating AIs have to admit that they are a pain in the ass!!sometimes xbox live boosting partners TOO!!!
Old 02-06-2009, 04:04 PM   #346
Stridstiss

Stridstiss's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAGRIFFE2007 View Post
guides looks good but it seems to need some fix like the 112 north district diamond hidden by the -ZOOM from paint and if i do remember correctly i remember i found one that actually wasnt pointed in the map but it was days ago so i dont remember exactly which one
Yeah I remember one diamond that wasn't on the map, I think it was located at the Fresh Fish location.

Here is a map of where the plane crash buddy is http://img114.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ckbuddygb7.jpg

On a different note, this guide is horrible, it needs to be rewritten, first of it is full of "I think this and that", "I'll get back to this" and the starting words should express much better how to start the game, I had no idea that the place you start was north, and there is a south location, I thought it was north and south on the map ect. And there should be a much better indication of when it's safe to go south.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:21 PM   #347
the_b1ues

Radiantmist's Gamercard

Theres a list at the top of the guide of things you need to do before going south how is that not a clear indication.

Old 02-06-2009, 11:11 PM   #348
LAGRIFFE2007

LAGRIFFE2007's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_b1ues View Post
Theres a list at the top of the guide of things you need to do before going south how is that not a clear indication.
sure the guide as lots of info and hints but still i couldnt find the damn 2 friends from north district and i dont even know their names i m sure you could work it out and i want to point that i m at 219 diamonds found and i m going to get the last one because there s only 11 blues dots out of 12 diamonds south district middle square YEEESSS i searched for 5 mins before i even started to type this and finally notice the last blue dot kind of hidden upper left and man thats good ok this need to be fixed too so yes i m sure you could do a small walkthrough but i guess this might be a hard task anyways this guide is great and fix this one too online 640 offline 340 i think u forgot 20 bucks there!!!cheers

Old 02-07-2009, 07:08 PM   #349
LAGRIFFE2007

LAGRIFFE2007's Gamercard
i confirm that if you get 7 jackals tapes and then give the rest to the journalist in la marina you wont get the all tapes achievement should be pointed to both achievements

Old 02-07-2009, 10:18 PM   #350
the_b1ues

Radiantmist's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAGRIFFE2007 View Post
sure the guide as lots of info and hints but still i couldnt find the damn 2 friends from north district and i dont even know their names i m sure you could work it out and i want to point that i m at 219 diamonds found and i m going to get the last one because there s only 11 blues dots out of 12 diamonds south district middle square YEEESSS i searched for 5 mins before i even started to type this and finally notice the last blue dot kind of hidden upper left and man thats good ok this need to be fixed too so yes i m sure you could do a small walkthrough but i guess this might be a hard task anyways this guide is great and fix this one too online 640 offline 340 i think u forgot 20 bucks there!!!cheers
The reason there is no names it because its different for each game.

Old 02-08-2009, 06:24 PM   #351
Stridstiss

Stridstiss's Gamercard
I just checked the guide in the thread, and it's a lot better than the one that's on the achievement guide. I still would have wanted more info on when to go south, not just do all x, find all x, find how many x please...

I got one diamond left now, it's the one fairly southwest on the southwest part of the South map, right over the text for W-something Village, it's on a slight hill on a snipertower with a ladder laying on the ground right under. I can't get up there, any ideas?

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/acti...842&pid=944400

Last edited by Stridstiss; 02-09-2009 at 01:34 AM.
Stridstiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:54 PM   #352
Kyromancer--

I'll definitely use this guide when I pick up Far Cry 2 for my PS3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjaw x View Post
And all of them hacked it, I don't think anyone has 1000 legit yet. It's definitely a 9-10 difficulty, no question.
Just out of curiousity; how did they "hack" the game?
Kyromancer-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 09:06 PM   #353
digitalink

digitai ink's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyromancer-- View Post
I'll definitely use this guide when I pick up Far Cry 2 for my PS3.

Just out of curiousity; how did they "hack" the game?
there are ways to put achievements on your account without playing the game. one of which is to use a hex editor on a new profile. problem is it is easy for microsoft to detect and can result in your score getting reset from xbox and banned. last time i checked, there were roughly 10 people with 1000/1000 for this game. looking at some of there profiles you can see some of there games they never even played online.

Completed Retail (??): Recent - Mass Effect 3
Completed Arcade (??): Recent - Joe Danger
Insider Moves on Inside Xbox gave me a shout out!!
In motion: Backlogged like a mofo...

digitalink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 03:10 PM   #354
HamsterLV

HamsterLV's Gamercard
Can someone tell me if it matters if I play on easy or hard?
Does difficulty affect achievements?

1000+ points (42 games)

AVERAGE POINTS PER GAME - 1050+

Want to boost
= COD 3
HamsterLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 05:24 PM   #355
digitalink

digitai ink's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamsterLV View Post
Can someone tell me if it matters if I play on easy or hard?
Does difficulty affect achievements?

nope easy is fine

Completed Retail (??): Recent - Mass Effect 3
Completed Arcade (??): Recent - Joe Danger
Insider Moves on Inside Xbox gave me a shout out!!
In motion: Backlogged like a mofo...

digitalink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:45 PM   #356
HamsterLV

HamsterLV's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalink View Post
nope easy is fine
Cool! Thanx!

1000+ points (42 games)

AVERAGE POINTS PER GAME - 1050+

Want to boost
= COD 3
HamsterLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:43 PM   #357
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
5. You can only do underground missions when you are close to running out of pills....you only get close to running out of pills when you do story related missions....so if you wanna get diamonds, tapes and other things not related to story dont worry....malaria wont bother you!!

This isn't true. I've been wandering around getting diamonds and just normal fighting and Malaria has been coming over me at random times.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:53 PM   #358
the_b1ues

Radiantmist's Gamercard

Yeh thats when you have to take the pills but you dont get the mission until certain points in the game.

Old 02-15-2009, 05:11 PM   #359
dtonj10

Hey b1ues, this might be nitpicky, but to me this guide would be 200% better if you would read through it and correct your grammar mistakes. In many instances you have "is" when it should be "are," and there are also some very easy words that aren't spelled right. Other than that, this guide is solid. I already know I'm never going to get "Warlord" and "Soldier of Misfortune," that would take FOREVER.
dtonj10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:07 PM   #360
Tomscfc

SoT o SuReShOt's Gamercard
you have to do player match manuals etc. for the soldier of misfortune or just ranked?